Just offer Merge or xfers already. 100% exp event killed Ishraphel

Xenosys

Title. It doesnt matter how we got here or why at this point. What is important, is we are here and we need to merge or have xfers asap. The ship has sailed on git gud or no leadership nonsense. The 100% exp event completely killed off IS on the asmodian side. Everyone left to siel so in a sense there was already somewhat of a merge just not done by ncsoft but by the players who abandoned their characters on IS. We cant even reliably do PvE content let alone siege or pvp. No cheap survey that doesnt even give greater scrolls is going to revive this dead server. Offer xfers, myself and many other who do not wish to abandon their characters would gladly pay. Thx. also a merge/xfers would benefit ely on Siel, IS asmos, you make money on xfers and only one server to balance rather than two. Literally no downsides, only upsides. Siel has over 3x as many players now over IS. Thx

There is no use in reposting screenshots of discord messages out of context in this way.  Xeno obviously did not want to be a leader, not wanting to lead or siege doesn't make his views dangerous and it doesn't make him inadequate. He just had the foresight to string together a siege community as we attempted to fight for our faction but siege became unviable with the population swing and with people not showing up, that's absolutely not his fault. You can't blame someone for not wasting their own time, people play this game for fun and expecting a single person to lead and revive a faction is unreasonable. The balance is in NCSoft's hands whether you like it or not. A large number of us agree with Xeno's views for no reason other than being realistic and having invested a lot of time and money into this game so far.

There is nothing to be said for standing around and doing nothing and hoping all will be merry in a few months time, it is clear that if the servers don't merge Israphel will be dead for anyone to want to keep playing beyond a very casual level. Shutting down this argument because you are tired of listening to people complain about a frustrating situation is not helping anyone. People expecting NCSoft to do a better job the second time around 12 years later is justified. At the VERY LEAST offering transfers will allow us who feel this way to relocate to Siel without affecting poeple who prefer the imbalance and low population. 

I'm in the same boat as Unthinkable, I absolutely do not have time to reroll to siel and level a new toon to 50. I have invested too much into my IS toon.

2 hours ago, 1s28C4BD-KT said:

4FXruvW.png

KMhNqQ2.png

pQYIHew.png

0CSAnlX.png

ZqG4I6p.png

tu0ny9X.png

Yes, this strengthens my point of offering xfers or merging servers. All of those ss excluding the Wannax ss was from the discord worry made to unite the asmo side. We didnt have leaders and then got severely outnumbered and outleveled. After this happened the 100% exp event was put into place. Asmo on IS  saw that event and left the server because in their mind, "why would i stay on a dying server where im losing?" 

I agree with Xeno fully. This server is dead. I'm only sticking around until Endwalker comes out but in the meantime I would love to be able to enjoy Aion like I used to but as it stands right now (And as others have pointed out already) - we can't even fill groups to PVE. That's sad. You can literally spend 1- 2 hours trying to fill a group if you even get so lucky to do so at all.

When the game launched, I played Elyos on Siel and was in Benny Lava. We dominated that server hard but the Asmo still showed up to siege and even won some here and there. They showed up to the core to get boiling bloods and PvP. They showed up. We can't even do that on Israphel because so many people already jumped ship.  The current population is a joke for leveling, PvE and PvP. NCSoft needs to merge the two servers or offer transfers ASAP.  This isn't a leadership issue. This is a numbers issue straight up.  Showing up for a siege at this point is like playing a Musou game only worse.

7 hours ago, Xenosys said:

Title. It doesnt matter how we got here or why at this point. What is important, is we are here and we need to merge or have xfers asap. The ship has sailed on git gud or no leadership nonsense. The 100% exp event completely killed off IS on the asmodian side. Everyone left to siel so in a sense there was already somewhat of a merge just not done by ncsoft but by the players who abandoned their characters on IS. We cant even reliably do PvE content let alone siege or pvp. No cheap survey that doesnt even give greater scrolls is going to revive this dead server. Offer xfers, myself and many other who do not wish to abandon their characters would gladly pay. Thx. also a merge/xfers would benefit ely on Siel, IS asmos, you make money on xfers and only one server to balance rather than two. Literally no downsides, only upsides. Siel has over 3x as many players now over IS. Thx

If you don't like the server you are on, roll a toon on the one you like. It's not hard.

18 minutes ago, Alvie said:

If you don't like the server you are on, roll a toon on the one you like. It's not hard.

You clearly didn't read/comprehend his post. It's not hard. We don't want to re-roll (and shouldn't feel obligated to) for various and logical reasons. Yes, you bring up a solution to the problem for individuals but if more people leave Israphel then that will just further compound the issue.

24 minutes ago, Kaitanz said:

You clearly didn't read/comprehend his post. It's not hard. We don't want to re-roll (and shouldn't feel obligated to) for various and logical reasons. Yes, you bring up a solution to the problem for individuals but if more people leave Israphel then that will just further compound the issue.

I did read the OP and my response was just re-roll on the server you want to be on.

The game has been going for what, 3 weeks. How hard is it to catch up to that short time? Not very.

I have rolled 5 toons in that time so I can get the full level 30 daeva set. Only one of them was during the 2x XP week. I know what leveling a new toon is all about.

The people who cry about re-rolling in a game only a few weeks old, are just lazy.

Seige is something thats very specific who can/want to attend because of commitment and also most importantly, timezone. NA itself have EST and PST and here we also have another problem in classic where EU also dimed in which makes seiges attendance fluctuate ALOT. Honestly i dont mind if the elyos is 2:1 us, honestly thats fine as long people attend and lvl up, it will still be fine, fun and competitive.

However like Xeno said, this double XP event ruined it all. Our top legion in asmo all left for siels and many followed suit. Our legion "Worry" is just staying here having a good time in the game, doing wat we can and chilling. We are NEVER wanting to be the top legion because we are all FF14 and twitch community. We play Aion cos of nostalgia and also killing time before Endwalker (FF14 expansion) and we cannot possibly be here all the time and we dont ever consider ourslves the "main force"

The fact that we are top right now says alot of our faction. We aint supposed to lead , altho we can but thats not what we started out to want to be. We are the midcore legion to act as a support. But with the sudden shift of population of our faction to Siels, this become a huge problem because this exactly shows how bad the situation is.

This problem magnifies into the PUG scene. No one literally can even pug anything efficiently around the clock. Our legion is lucky enough to have people rotating dungeons but i cannot imagine how bad it is for the fdaction in general.
Luckily in 1.2 it "doesnt matter" but this is also the best period for the admin, dev to look into what can make the server better, or even the community as a whole. I dont expect the merge to happen anytime soon but xfer has to be on the table soon.

Lastly i wanna stress, this is NOT the Elyos fault. They have a right number of people to be in a decent server but its just the people leaving our side to siels during the double XP campaign ruining everything.....

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

I did read the OP and my response was just re-roll on the server you want to be on.

The game has been going for what, 3 weeks. How hard is it to catch up to that short time? Not very.

I have rolled 5 toons in that time so I can get the full level 30 daeva set. Only one of them was during the 2x XP week. I know what leveling a new toon is all about.

The people who cry about re-rolling in a game only a few weeks old, are just lazy.

Nah, we just don't live in our parents basements and have all the time in the world to play. Most people playing this game are over 30, we have real lives.

38 minutes ago, Nicole Neunan said:

Nah, we just don't live in our parents basements and have all the time in the world to play. Most people playing this game are over 30, we have real lives.

That's the point ! totally agree

39 minutes ago, Nicole Neunan said:

Then you wont have spent much time on your characters, so a re-roll will be trivial, compared to those of the people who spend their lives in parents basements.

36 minutes ago, Nicole Neunan said:

I'd never be able to guess that, reading LFG and the forums.  I join Legions/Guilds in MMOs for two reasons:

1.  To have people to group with for stuff, and just general chatting;

2.  To be able to turn off all the drama in LFG/General chat tabs.

I pulled two toons out of a legion yesterday because Legion chat was looking exactly like LFG, w/out the kinah spammers.  I didn't make a fuss, and I won't here either, because it's their legion, if they don't mind needing a canoe to navigate through chat, that's their business.  I took the recourse that is open to me, and is something I've been doing for 30+ years:  If I don't like it, I don't do it.  I don't watch a vid on YouTube and then hit Twitter trying to cancel a creator because I don't like their content, I tell YouTube that I'm not interested in the content, and move on.

This spam is more annoying than the Kinah spam.  I am currently debating on whether or not to continue my sub, and it doesn't have anything to do with candy, or population imbalances.  I played on Elyos dominated servers for the entirety of my Aion career.  I think it was a couple of years in before I learned that abyss forts had instances in them to run.  My sub was active when Retail went F2P, and imbalances didn't have anything to do with my leaving even then.  Here?  The constant insistence that the only solution is a merge, or transfers, is what's going to push me out.

What people 12 years later still refuse to realize. Aion is NOT a Pve focused game. The game is more focused on PvP more than anything. If NC doesnt do anything then it will die out faster than it should. You mean to tell me that a month exactly into launch. One server is basically dead. Its impossible to do Pve content due to low pop. Impossible to PvP because you are just outgeared/lvled. Right now on IS try going into the Abyss to do Upper Fort Repeatable and you get met with 1-2 groups of Elyos that are not only WAY more geared than anyone. They use hacks/tools on top of it i.e. no cast animations, flight speed tool etc. You go into Heiron as a Asmo and its empty. Same as going to Beluslan as a Elyos. Groups taking hours to "possibly" fill up for DC/Adma even SR. IS recruit group: during prime time has maybe 4-5 groups recruiting(This inclused NTC, FT,etc) Go into siels during prime time and tell me how recruit group window looks like. If you tell me that you are completely okay with how the servers are right now....Im sorry I cant trust your judgement. 

12 hours ago, Alvie said:

Lmao, this is the most pepega thing i've ever heard it's not hard smiley face. "Yeah Reroll you'll get bakarma,lannok ez in 2 days, It's not hard smiley face" It shows how you've never rerolled on a server you actually have difficult stuff to farm, The ignorance here is just great, Shows that you're elyos on a wealthy pop aren't ya. Imagine the player being sanctioned by problems of the publisher/dev. Hey elyos just reroll its ok right? :)

This is not the first time this happened actually, in early days i was part of the Lumiel Server and we merged into IS that later one merged into something else who knows, Either open Server Transfers or Merge them that's all no stupid comments of just reroll 4head.

I completely aggree!! i joined aion classic and choose isra but this was a totally wrong decision!! the server is totally dead. I really wanna continue play aion (had siel and daeva pass) but now i regret it. cant find group on anything. Im not even talking about pvp. Just do something that exp week totally destroyed the server

26 minutes ago, 2s1ABAEA said:

Lmao, this is the most pepega thing i've ever heard it's not hard smiley face. "Yeah Reroll you'll get bakarma,lannok ez in 2 days, It's not hard smiley face" It shows how you've never rerolled on a server you actually have difficult stuff to farm, The ignorance here is just great, Shows that you're elyos on a wealthy pop aren't ya. Imagine the player being sanctioned by problems of the publisher/dev. Hey elyos just reroll its ok right? :)

This is not the first time this happened actually, in early days i was part of the Lumiel Server and we merged into IS that later one merged into something else who knows, Either open Server Transfers or Merge them that's all no stupid comments of just reroll 4head.

Ooh another 2 post troll.

Yeah, like you lost a big part of your life in the 3 weeks Aion Classic has been alive. It takes months to build up a good toon not days or weeks.

The real issue, is NCsoft West, not unlike a bad pandemic response, didn't close off the borders in time or effectively. As soon as they saw the imbalance, specifically the huge number of Asmos rolling on Siel, they should have cut of Asmo account registration on Siel, and left it cut off. So if you wanted to roll Asmo you could only do it on IS.

Now we have the absurd situation were there are too many players on Siel in general, and it's heavily biased towards Asmos. Meanwhile IS feels like a poor 2nd. cousin with their own imbalance.

52 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Yeah, like you lost a big part of your life in the 3 weeks Aion Classic has been alive. It takes months to build up a good toon not days or weeks.

The real issue, is NCsoft West, not unlike a bad pandemic response, didn't close off the borders in time or effectively. As soon as they saw the imbalance, specifically the huge number of Asmos rolling on Siel, they should have cut of Asmo account registration on Siel, and left it cut off. So if you wanted to roll Asmo you could only do it on IS.

Now we have the absurd situation were there are too many players on Siel in general, and it's heavily biased towards Asmos. Meanwhile IS feels like a poor 2nd. cousin with their own imbalance.

People are not statistical data or just numbers that fill servers

Every person who chose Siel did it because it was going to be populated and/or because they were from original Siel and/or because their friends were there already. If Siel people couldn't play on Siel they would have never played Classic and this was made clear in many posts when they implemented the Siel Asmodian creation lock for a few days and then they had to open it again in specific hours and then have it open all times.

Both servers were far more populated during the first days, something put players off and most quit and the lower population led to multiplying the problem of population imbalance.

51 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Well thanks captain obvious, but we actually want a fix and not dumb comments on just reroll bs attitude if you're not part of the situation just keep your comments honestly, If there's not a actuall "Suggestion". But saying uhh NCwest didnt restricted toon creation Thats the real problem, Gues what IT HAPPENED SO we need fix not ppl creating this random Problem accusing the player that it's his FAULT for not rerolling or not doing their extensive research. like grow up kid holy f

1 hour ago, Alvie said:

On the real Aion Classic it would take months to build up a good toon. In this version it is super easy mode. You can level to 50 and gear up in 4 weeks easy enough. They give you the gold coin gear (Silver, Gold, and Plat)  You get free scrolls, pots, and boosts, you have a way to make 250 to 300k per day in about 3 min with Candy. They also give you stacks of those in which you can make a couple Million easy. 

The imbalance is crazy and a big part of it is the huge bot population. When they did cut asmos off the bots signed up for Elyos until it leveled out and you could ad Asmos again. I am beginning to wonder if the "NC" for NC Soft stands for "No Clue". They didnt seem to learn anything from the last time they killed Aion  and are repeating the same failures. 

Archived