Forums

Uneasy sentences which I found from wikipedia

Neleth-KT

Hi Aion family :)

I was surfing though Wikipedia and found something that make me feel uneasy about Aion :(

"Due to the old-style nature of the game and the heavy grind, the game's current population is on a rapid decline, with many players moving on to newer MMORPGs with more modern features. The active playerbase is estimated to be around 35 players as of September 2017, with each player owning multiple 'alts' or alternative characters, creating the illusion that the game has over 100 players. A recent attempt at getting the game to Steam to increase player base has resulted in failure."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priston_Tale

Yes I realized this game is from 2001,but there's another game which from 2002 still alive and kicking nowadays.
I also realized that Korea trying to rebuild Aion I hope it will be successfully.

Thank you for reading and hope developers will bring the best to us all :)

Neleth.. it isn't true. That statement that you quoted is totally false. There is no reason to feel uneasy unless lies make you uneasy. Remember that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone that wants to. That sentence was obviously written by a salty former Aion players who just wants to see the world burn. I was on Kahrun which was the smaller server before the merge. Never once did I see 35 players online. Not even once.

Remember that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone that wants to. 

This. ^ This is what I was referencing. It's an unreliable source, hence you need to take things posted on it with a grain of salt. The entire statement is wrong and/or opinion, not universal truth or fact. Getting worked up over that statement on an article where I could go in and edit it to say "Aion best game ever!" is kind of silly.

Hold on Aly the Wikipedia I quoted from isn't Aion wiki,it's quoted from Priston Tale wiki which is a game from 2001.

The reason I feel uneasy with it because it's similar to the path Aion took in 5.0 is heavy grind and old style nature of the game like gears being explode (however this is kinda solved with 5.6) and I know alot of players of Aion do own a lot of accounts of alts and afking events and luna like this game I feel it's even more similar with launching with stream which end up in failure for NA.I'm sorry for this misunderstood,I didn't state it clearly it was priston tale wiki.My apology.

Plus if you looking in my previous thread I posted about Aion Repair Project from Korean website which I believed they will address many issues with Aion.
Housing is the one of issues I hope they will address it :)

http://aion.plaync.com/events/2017/171025_service/reception

sorry I lost my original thread which can translate in English tho :)

So you read about the health of Aion on a totally different game's wiki and you take it as the truth? Seriously? Did it ever occur to you that it is in this other game's best interest to LIE about the health of Aion. If they made it seem like another game was better or healthier than their own then why would you play their game?

Well unless someone already edited the wiki i don't see any mention at all about Aion in the link you shared.
And about players in Aion you actually can check it for yourself so you won't feel uneasy with the opinion of some salty trolls
Press V --> Search Tab --> just search for ppl dividing your searchs between some lvls and/or class if there are more than 104 per category

Current Katalam Elyos Players online at 10:14 Server Time ( wich i guess is far away from the peak)

Lv   1 to 67 :   88 players

Lv 68 to 69 :   76 players

Lv 70 to 71 : 124 players

Lv 72 to 73 :   91 players

Lv 74 to 75 :  89 players

That is 468 ppl online at a bad time only in KT-E

Edit: and like 128 players in Fast track server.

this is not completely accurate there maybe ppl in Invisible state and ppl in crossserver instances that don't get into account, and maybe some bots if you want to subtract from the numbers

1 minute ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well unless someone already edited the wiki i don't see any mention at all about Aion in the link you shared.
And about players in Aion you actually can check it for yourself so you won't feel uneasy with the opinion of some salty trolls
Press V --> Search Tab --> just search for ppl dividing your searchs between some lvls and/or class if there are more than 104 per category

Current Katalam Elyos Players online at 10:14 Server Time ( wich i guess is far away from the peak)

Lv   1 to 67 :   88 players

Lv 68 to 69 :   76 players

Lv 70 to 71 : 124 players

Lv 72 to 73 :   91 players

Lv 74 to 75 :  89 players

That is 468 ppl online at a bad time only in KT-E

That's pretty close to 35, though.

Archived