Font Bug After Maintenance

Rag-DN

@Kibbelz After the maintenance today players are reporting a weird font bug. It's like all chat windows are highly transparent now making it almost impossible to read in certain zones. 

Aion0456.jpg

Should be noted that this didn't seem to happen until after about an hour of the servers being up. @Loki maybe you're the one to look into this? We basically don't trust NCsupport to fix anything anymore so hence the Forum post.

43 minutes ago, Wesker-KT said:

They removed the drop-shadow people were complaining about here: 

What we have now is the result.

How hard was it just to revert it to regular font though, not this transparent crap? When you type on the chat bar, that's what it's supposed it be.
If I didn't know any better, it's like they're just trolling us at this point.

I'm gonna need a new glasses prescription for this new font. 🧐

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are unable to verify the issue with the text in the chat window. As this is currently working as intended at this time, we suggest changing the font size and color to your preference. You can do this through the Chat Preferences Menu that is found by clicking the gear icon in the upper left-hand part of chatbox.

We hope for your understanding on this matter. Please let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

@Kibbelz This is the response everyone that's putting tickets in is receiving. Truly this font issue is making the game unplayable in some areas and maps. You literally can't read LFG, Group, Legion, or anything. Just try to go farm on the lake in Beluslan, or in the desert areas and you'll see for yourself. While many players do use discord to communicate there are still those that play that don't/can't, and trying to type things to them while in these areas is impossible to explain boss mechanics or while trying to help them do certain quests.

Hello,

I appreciate your concern regarding this issue. However, the Game Support Team is not a part of the development process and is unable to comment on or answer questions about such aspects of the game like Chat Font. 

If you think that this font style should be changed, I can only advise you to please post your feedback on our Official Forums and wait for the Community Team to gather all information and forward it to the Development Team for consideration.

I've included the links for your reference:

Official Website: http://aiononline.com/

Official Forums: https://forums.aiononline.com/

Thank you for understanding, and if there are other concerns, feel free to contact us again

Regards,

NCSOFT Support Team

.... This is the reply when I sent 2 screen shots comparing last week to this week standing in the same location... GG

Archived