Ap trading Ban wagon

Musashi

Looks like a lot of accounts have been perma banned.

Though

Some who boted 2 million ap arent banned but the ones who did it for 20k and farmed guards for maybe hundreds of hours got a permanent ban.

Its like giving the same sentence to someone who stole an apple as a murderer. 

This is a botched job stop this mascarade.

I am saying I know someone who got perma for ap trading and he  farmed  with my roomy. 

The problem is that ncsoft did nothing for weeks and some players who didn't want to AP trade went "we gonna miss out "

Did then stoped and now they are the ones being banned

44 minutes ago, Musashi said:

I am saying I know someone who got perma for ap trading and he  farmed  with my roomy. 

The problem is that ncsoft did nothing for weeks and some players who didn't want to AP trade went "we gonna miss out "

So you're saying they did AP trade at some point? I'm not sure what you're trying to defend in that case. Just because you see other people cheating, does not give you the right to do the same.

43 minutes ago, Musashi said:

Anyone that AP traded for whatever reason and for any amount should be permabanned imho.

1 minute ago, Seiashun said:

So you're saying they did AP trade at some point? I'm not sure what you're trying to defend in that case. Just because you see other people cheating, does not give you the right to do the same.

I meant farmed guards for hundreds of hours 

If you ban everyone who ap traded you may as well shut the game 

All I am saying is that there are different level of offenders. 

And I dont trust NCSoft to be "fair"

2 minutes ago, Musashi said:

Not true, Siel elyos have lots of players. Dunno about other servers but it looks like SL elyos was barely affected.

5 minutes ago, Musashi said:

They're not perma banning every AP trader, just the worst offenders. The rest are getting their AP items stripped, and a temporary ban. Which is more than fair imo. You seem to be getting upset with the fact that they finally enforced their own rules, which as a player makes no sense, unless you participated in rule breaking.

I don't want to play a game infested with cheaters, and a lot of people agree with this since it was obvious how many of us quit when there was no rule enforcement for the past month. This might be the first time I'm thinking about maybe playing the game again if they're going to keep up with maintaining it.

1 minute ago, Seiashun said:

They're not perma banning every AP trader, just the worst offenders. The rest are getting their AP items stripped, and a temporary ban. Which is more than fair imo. You seem to be getting upset with the fact that they finally enforced their own rules, which as a player makes no sense, unless you participated in rule breaking.

I don't want to play a game infested with cheaters, and a lot of people agree with this since it was obvious how many of us quit when there was no rule enforcement for the past month. This might be the first time I'm thinking about maybe playing the game again if they're going to keep up with maintaining it.

There are no legit game mechanics under which it is possible to have a 2 star fully AP geared.

Most of These players are still there while  some "minor offenders" got perma banned. 

I know some have already appealed.

Since we have no criteria from NCSoft on the "punishment structure"  who can say they didn't nyerk this up?

2 minutes ago, Musashi said:

There are no legit game mechanics under which it is possible to have a 2 star fully AP geared.

Most of These players are still there while  some "minor offenders" got perma banned. 

I know some have already appealed.

Since we have no criteria from NCSoft on the "punishment structure"  who can say they didn't nyerk this up?

Like I said, this is only the first ban wave, they didn't get everyone in it yet. And again, if you're upset that minor offenders got punished (as per the rules) then I don't know what to tell you. A rule break is a rule break. Just because one person traded less than the next doesn't mean that that person should get away scot free. Saying "everyone traded" is not a defense, it's just admission of guilt.

And if you legitimately never AP traded, not even once, and you got caught up in the wave, you're obviously free to send in an appeal. But if you did, however minor it was in your eyes, face the fact that you broke the rules and are now facing the consequences. It's as simple as that.

I didn't get banned, all I have to my name is a 30e ring lol...

I play dilettante on week ends.

Yes they deserve some punishment , no, I do not think that it was either investigated  case by case nor that there was much consideration to the SIZE  of the offence in the punishment handed over.

And if there is a scale  of  punishment  related to the SIZE OF THE OFFENCE , well, let them table it .

But they won't...

Honestly I think this dude is just trying to turn the situation into the same thing that happened with the SR bans, making it seem like NC banned a ton of people erroneously, and you're all falling for it. 

Nobody in their right mind defends players banned for AP trading.

I wasn't even aware they baned ppl because of an SR exploit. 

Nothing is even worth entering this instance . This illustrate my point prlerfectly.

There are no correlation between punishment and the offence committed. 

All they do is react to populace and lynch a few ppl so public discent is satisfied.

Pathetic nyerk

Size of the offense in my eyes does not matter. Did they break the rules? If yes, and they were stripped and punished, even if all of their gear was taken and only some were acquired thru cheating, that's good. Everyone that breaks the rules know that they can get banned for the offense (since NC stated that they do not allow this), so they're taking a risk regardless of whether they only did it once or multiple times. Trying to focus on the size of the offense is just nit-picking to try to distract from the bigger picture which is; NC is finally banning people breaking the rules. That's what we wanted, and it will make the game viable to play again.

Bitching when nothing is done, bitching when it's done, bitching because it's not good enough ... blah blah blah

Nothing is ever going to be good enough for people that just want to be negative.  If it's not good enough for you, leave.  Move along.  100 threads about the same old shit is lol'able. 

a;ldjfaoi4r0f9uqa0wfaosnv;kan;alkjwerfa0weurq-049ru[0apsovnal;kdjf alfnaonv  is just about as intelligent statement as all of these copycat threads about nothing ... it's a video game.  There's enough drama and negativity in the world.  

3 hours ago, Jaga-DN said:

I like how people act like you can't farm AP in this patch.

You can't farm AP this patch.

Guardfarming is absolutely utter rubbish AP at lvl 50. We are all waiting for dredgion and fort instances over here.

APtraders should've all been permabanned tbh

He already mentioned that his friend traded ap at some point. It doesnt matter how many times you did it, its in their Terms and Conditions that its not allowed, and it has been mentioned on forum several times. Just because you did it 1 2 or 3 times doesnt mean you didnt do it lol

someone else said in the update post some top lvl AP trader did not get banned also. wonder who they are talking about. 

Players just was thinking oh ncsoft wont do anything they never have well this time they did and I am happy about that. 

I am just hoping all god stones was removed from game that were got via AP trading and also the accounts that went up for sale are banned. 

Oh right, so because somebody else abused harder, your friend should not get punished. Nah dude. He should be perma'd and stay perma'd. 

The moment NCsoft stops banning people who only abuse a "little bit", everybody will start AP trading just for a "little bit". Ban everybody, it should be clear that this is not allowed. 

14 hours ago, Wannex said:

He already mentioned that his friend traded ap at some point. It doesnt matter how many times you did it, its in their Terms and Conditions that its not allowed, and it has been mentioned on forum several times. Just because you did it 1 2 or 3 times doesnt mean you didnt do it lol

The interesting part about this line of thinking is that if you've ever AP traded, even once, you're then incentivized to trade as much and as hard as you can since you're already risking a permaban anyway

It's like hacking in any other online multiplayer game. If you hack for one match, you're already exposed to getting banned through logs/programmatically; might as well cheat in every single match going forward now

In real life someone who killed their family is guilty of something completely different than someone who robbed a bank, but in a video game there is no difference between someone who cheats a little or cheats a lot. They still disrupted the balance of the game to gain a personal advantage.

A temp ban and stripping the account of all the illegally obtained resources isn't even a punishment. You just end up back where you started before you cheated. Someone who goes to prison for 30 years loses 30 years of their life. Someone who faces a week long ban just goes and plays another game for that week, or plays on an alt.

The only way to make people feel that loss is to take their accounts away forever, and if they quit well they should have thought about that before they cheated. 

A lot of ppl assume their opponent hack or isnt legit in some way simply because they lost .

I lost , this guy is a hacker.

I lost this guy has gear and I haven't  he is an ap trader. 

Most of these guys are playing am awful lot , dont quest , get up at 6 to run 2 DC and Adma and farm non stop.

They didn't buy loot rights for their weapons .

Just not in the same league .

You are going to have lo live with that .

But then if enough QQ i guess they will be banned as well.

Archived