Boiling balaur blood stain droprate is broken and needs fixing.....

Unthinkable

I farmed 120 mobs in core, got a nice 6k AP from it, and ZERO boiling stains. ZERO!!!!!!...
Back in the day you got about 1 stain per 10 mobs. Even in Beluslan near hoarfrost you would get about 1 in 20 mobs.
The droprates are not the same as aion 1.5 in 2009, and this is forcing people who came back for 1.5 to just leave again since it's not worth farming for.

Increase the droprate of balic materials, or just boiling stains. Cause this isn't doing anyone any favors.

@Kibbelz

In addition to increasing the drop rate how about a daily log in reward that gives them?  Seems like that would help a lot.  People not wanting to make fenris can sell them and the prices would drop to a more reasonable rate.

I'm 99% sure the droprate is adapted to Korean numbers, like they did with the Balaur Commanders HP. Even with the current garbage droprate we have now, the KR server is so full that they had to lower the droprate to keep Miragent an expensive set.

I also think it's to counter bot farming kinah. It's really hard to generate any money atm, everything you drop is so cheap to sell at the NPC. gathering aether seems to be the most reliable way

10 hours ago, Neferupito said:

I'm 99% sure the droprate is adapted to Korean numbers, like they did with the Balaur Commanders HP. Even with the current garbage droprate we have now, the KR server is so full that they had to lower the droprate to keep Miragent an expensive set.

I also think it's to counter bot farming kinah. It's really hard to generate any money atm, everything you drop is so cheap to sell at the NPC. gathering aether seems to be the most reliable way

Probably, KR has several dozen bot groups of 6 constantly clearing the balaur of elites.

This is exactly how I remember it. I could go with my lame ass gear and do a few core mobs and get bloods. So far since 1.5 I have gotten 1 blood. That's all. By forcing us to buy them for ridiculous prices off the broker we're just widening the gap between the whales and the rest of the playerbase.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, Spx said:

Yes it is low. But is it fair for people who have already invested tons of kinah on the stain and found that the price drops because NC decided to increase the drop rate?

Not my fault if people were stupid enough to buy it before the set was actually a thing. I bought the gold 50 weapon fluxes knowing you need them to craft DP weapons. The droprate for contrated drana/surkana is so awful that none needs them. I played, I lost

Part of the issue is that not one bit of our 1.5 patch was localized. This is easily seen when looking at abyss forts, where everything received the same buffs as on Korea, despite the fact that our population is overwhelmingly smaller than theirs. Among  the 1.5 patch we received are numerous drop rate decreases that were implemented on Korea to combat the thousands of bots they have. We have what, maybe? 100~ bots total per faction/server, and even that seems like a generous estimate. Keeping the drop rate nerfs and many of the other changes that Korea implemented to combat botting on their servers and implementing them here was a big miscalculation on NCWest's part. 

TLDR: We shouldn't have the nerfed drops Korea has and bloodstains are way too hard to come by. 

16 hours ago, Neferupito said:

Not my fault if people were stupid enough to buy it before the set was actually a thing. I bought the gold 50 weapon fluxes knowing you need them to craft DP weapons. The droprate for contrated drana/surkana is so awful that none needs them. I played, I lost

Its not the same thing. You bought the weapon fluxes knowing that there could be a risk when 1.5 actually lunches. If nc decided to increase the drop rate in 1.5 patch, then I total happy with the change. But people who bought stains after 1.5 could not have any expectations that nc will increase the drop rate 10 days after the update. I have bought over 100 stains. If the drop rate changes all the time, then there is no point of stocking anything in game because it’s a pure gamble. And it will destroy the kinah system in game. 

Due to the lack of Boiling Balaur Blood stains I actually have stopped reporting bots by hoarfrost because the rates are horrible. I have a few legion mates that farm DC daily doing full clears of the mobs, they say it's a good run if they see more then 1 blood drop. I also try to farm around the core at least 1 hour a day every weekday but maybe see a blood once a week. I also went into DP to solo farm for about 2 hours, was kinda rough to do, but was doable with patience.... didn't see a single blood drop. Granted my RNG is horrible, but still... these rates are horrible.  @Loki is this intentional? Fenris is a overly expensive set to begin with for it's actual stats, the only reason I'm even doing it is for the perm title, which isn't even better then the P2W tittles.... Can we get an increase in drops? Maybe a survey in the meantime? It takes 100 bloods per attempt at your pants without a garanteed proc. That's over 50 MIL kinah an attempt... kinda ridiculous 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, Spx said:

Yes it is low. But is it fair for people who have already invested tons of kinah on the stain and found that the price drops because NC decided to increase the drop rate?

By that logic, stop crafting, stop going instances,,stop farming mobs, because the rates may and inevitably will change in the future....

Fenris shouldn't be just for the very few who played the server since launch and bought out the broker since then.
I switched to Siel from Israphel 2 weeks before 1.5 launched, and since dinging 50 1 day before 1.5, I have dropped a whole 3 boiling stains. Which means that by the rate im going Ill be trying my first craft in 6 months :D then fail that 1 craft and delete the game, If i havent done so already out of frustration.

Now, knowing NCwest.... They will probably add 100 stains or a Procced heart in the daevapass for only $30 instead of adressing or fixing the issue at hand which is pretty scummy....

Archived