How have people liked the new DP changes?

Squid

On 11/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Unbuff-DN said:

Definitely better than having to kill mobs or use jellies, but it requires some practice to remember what skills recover / use DP now, especially on alts that are different class than your main. 

just like he said... having alts from different classes is makes it a bit messy :v
but is better than waiting for a jelly or killing mobs I just wish the dp lasted a bit longer if you need to go afk for over 5mins

3 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

rubbish......... keep on nerfing the shit out of some classes.

Which classes in particular have been nerfed by the DP system, and how? Genuinely curious; I haven't much time to toy around with my alts in the past few months so idk the details of each class.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:24 AM, Unbuff-DN said:

Definitely better than having to kill mobs or use jellies, but it requires some practice to remember what skills recover / use DP now, especially on alts that are different class than your main. 

More or less agree; I enjoy the ease of DP acquisition though there's a learning curve i sometimes trip up on, which is memorising which skills give and cost DP and how much. In the heat of battle you might forget or revert to pre-8.0 instincts, but I'm sure in a few months that'll probably not be the case

32 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Which classes in particular have been nerfed by the DP system, and how? Genuinely curious; I haven't much time to toy around with my alts in the past few months so idk the details of each class.

More or less agree; I enjoy the ease of DP acquisition though there's a learning curve i sometimes trip up on, which is memorising which skills give and cost DP and how much. In the heat of battle you might forget or revert to pre-8.0 instincts, but I'm sure in a few months that'll probably not be the case

Many classes were nerfed in one or another way. Even sorc was nerfed because winter binding is DP skill now.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Many classes were nerfed in one or another way. Even sorc was nerfed because winter binding is DP skill now.

Yeah I know all classes had normal skils swapped to DP, but that hasn't really mattered to me since DP can be generated on the spot. That's why I was asking about other classes, and how (if at all) this has negatively affected them. Like your sorc example, is it difficult for sorcs to generate DP? Does Winter Binding cost a lot? etc etc

I assumed AT and Ranger are riding on easy-street now that they can keep their active DP skills on indefinitely

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Yeah I know all classes had normal skils swapped to DP, but that hasn't really mattered to me since DP can be generated on the spot. That's why I was asking about other classes, and how (if at all) this has negatively affected them. Like your sorc example, is it difficult for sorcs to generate DP? Does Winter Binding cost a lot? etc etc

I assumed AT and Ranger are riding on easy-street now that they can keep their active DP skills on indefinitely

That means that before you can use teleport in pvp you have to refill your dp, even tho it costs 1k, but every moment in pvp is precious. Curse of roots also needs dp, which is sorc most used sleep. So basically, sorc pvp is nerfed.

52 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

That means that before you can use teleport in pvp you have to refill your dp, even tho it costs 1k, but every moment in pvp is precious. Curse of roots also needs dp, which is sorc most used sleep. So basically, sorc pvp is nerfed.

I see, I'm curious how that compares to other classes. Are there any classes who didn't have important PVP skills put behind DP barriers? Like, do any of the classes only have bad skills turned into DP or something like that?

8 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Nerfs go way back and accumulate with each update with new stuff added. As to the dp change, for Sw, where it has almost no instant counter skill, they change the only skill it has to something it needs to prebuff to use.

32 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

SM got insta fear and Ignite Aether turned into DP skills. So, in battle, if you have no dp, insta fear is no inta no more ._.

Yeah... and changes before the dp change. For sw, unlike sm, sorc. There is Removeshock-> then sleep/fear and another skill that.. got deleted. AT is the only class that still has their 2 skills. Why? Not sure if theres more. SW used to have a knockback skill(counter) but now we only have RS->heal, which gets nerfed hard if impassion is up with -800 heal boost.

Personally I like the changes.

as a chanter having winters circle on demand instead of keeping it for the clutch play is awesome. Block curtain requiring dp could be considered a nerf, but just means can’t pop straight away, needs a little more preparation/thought.

on the two classes I play (glad/chanter) dp generation far exceeds the cost of skills.

As a sorc we have very stupid skills for DP, winter binding shouldn't be one of them, my normal DP-turned sleep takes way too long to be useful so I do not care about that when pvp lasts a few fractions of a second now.

I wish I had pandaimonium focus which was perfect. Refracting shard is 3 seconds cd and gives 1k DP so that is pretty easy for a sorc to have DP.

You can still use a jelly if you want to initiate a fight with DP of course.

There are classes that have a toggle skill that uses DP, they can pretty much have it on at all times now.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, Shiftie-DN said:

on the two classes I play (glad/chanter) dp generation far exceeds the cost of skills.

This has been my experience so far as a SW. Despite the CD of Minstrel's Vengeance increasing, I'm using it more far more frequently because I can generate a bottomless pit of DP.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:09 AM, Ele-DN said:

As to the dp change, for Sw, where it has almost no instant counter skill, they change the only skill it has to something it needs to prebuff to use.

It sounds like that was the general goal of most of the DP changes; making clutch skills (instant fear, winter binding, requiem, etc) 1 step out of reach. For me personally though, this hasn't changed much. I enter every battle at 6k/6k DP because SW can generate DP by using self-target skills and on the occassion that I do slam my Requiem button only to realise the DP is empty, it feels like a failure to manage or monitor my DP correctly. Losing fights because of this is a great way to build the habbit of monitoring your DP :')

All in all just feels like another level of strategy added, but the kind of sweet spot between totally brainless and super difficult. New players wont have a hard time picking this up and veterans will just take a lil while to re-learn, but it's not something you can ignore and hope to survive. :)

As far as SW instant countering goes; on the few times I am full afk and got ambushed with no DP I usually survive with some combination of Illusion Dance > Mvt. 1 > Hymn of Hope > Snowflower/Snowbound Melody in whichever order best suits the situation. Gives you the moment you need to pop Resonating Melody and then you've got enough DP for 2 Requiems back to back~

Archived