Forums

Private Server Advertisements

Attestant

@EMPulse There are a bunch of people advertising Aion private servers, courting people to play on an Aion private server, and admitting to playing Aion private servers. I contacted support about this and they don't care and the same people are still posting in lfg about private servers and destroying our game.

Aion Code of Conduct:

19. You will not attempt to play one of our Games on any server that is not controlled or authorized by NCSOFT or its designees.

20. You will not create, use, or provide any server emulator or other site where a Game may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to our Games without the express written permission of NCSOFT.

Do you know why pple go to the P-Servers? Because NC dont listen to the gamers. They take only our money and do nothing. 

I was a retail many year, but was i see here...  

- Pets with timemarker (30 days)

- Buy ap with money (Deava Pass)

- Very low drop rates, so you cant do crafting in the right way or do miraju

The would be much longer, but these are the most awfull points

Everything thats happening ncsoft has brought upon themselves.Ignoring players making us pay for stigmas,nerfing drops, garbage for sale in the shop and the list is endless.

Players were forgiving to a degree during retails release as  it was  a new game,this time round and knowing how they treat us na players and ignore us why would anyone want too stay.

And i say this as someone still playing here not on the private one, the people in charge deserve exactly what is happening,they are a stupid company if they think players will tolerate being ignored a second time round.

They need to fix their shit. They also need to request authorities to shutdown the big private servers. They also need to ban anyone advertising or courting people for any private servers, these are the type of people that are going to steal the rest of players from legitimate game servers even if their first pick for an illegal server was shutdown.

Edited by Motgar-KT

I dunno If I trusted private servers longevity I would play on one.  However I don't trust ncsoft at this point. I want to play soo bad but I am not going to invest anymore time or money into a game that doesn't look like will be available in a year. When they fix drop rates get rid of double xp and have enough players to start another server let me know please.

Even if its against the ToS, people is playing private servers for a reason. When you contact a private server admin and it takes him no longer than 2 mins to answer you, while you have to wait hours if not days (sometimes weeks) to get a response from NC staff instead, it really makes you start thinking a lot. And that's only one example, sadly private servers manage their servers 100000 times better than NCSoft NA, and that won't change, it didn't ever change and it won't. And the truth is, if Private server shut downs, barely 10% if so of the people that left to there will come back, because they are done with NC.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Even if its against the ToS, people is playing private servers for a reason. When you contact a private server admin and it takes him no longer than 2 mins to answer you, while you have to wait hours if not days (sometimes weeks) to get a response from NC staff instead, it really makes you start thinking a lot. And that's only one example, sadly private servers manage their servers 100000 times better than NCSoft NA, and that won't change, it didn't ever change and it won't. And the truth is, if Private server shut downs, barely 10% if so of the people that left to there will come back, because they are done with NC.

Couldn't have said it better

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It's very possible that NA Classic is no longer profitable and the only reason it's still around is to avoid negative PR / stock price effects associated with shutting down the region. Investing more $$ into the NA community might just be digging them a deeper financial hole (in their mind).

At the end of the day, NA Classic revenue is peanuts compared to Korea. NC doesn't care about peanuts. Some private server owner in Russia, however, can make a living off of those peanuts 

Edited by Nsn

The reason why players aren't on Siel is because there are other servers that are illegitimate. They will come back if they had authorities shut the private servers down and if they banned everyone spreading private server information on Siel. The fact people still play NCsoft games or came back for Classic Aion means they come back and do it all over again.

Edited by Motgar-KT

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is true, my old legion, about 30 players,  totally quit Aion back in 2012-2013 for pretty much the reasons you pointed out, they didn't go to private servers,  but other games.

The problem with the lack of acceptable manastone supply has been pointed out almost daily for months. This is a clear example of NCsoft failing to listen to the paying customers. The answer given is "we are still looking into to it"  ie. ignore and kick the can down the road, instead of spending 15min checking the brokers on both sides to confirm the complaints.

26 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

This is true, my old legion, about 30 players,  totally quit Aion back in 2012-2013 for pretty much the reasons you pointed out, they didn't go to private servers,  but other games.

The problem with the lack of acceptable manastone supply has been pointed out almost daily for months. This is a clear example of NCsoft failing to listen to the paying customers. The answer given is "we are still looking into to it"  ie. ignore and kick the can down the road, instead of spending 15min checking the brokers on both sides to confirm the complaints.

“Later” isn’t the same thing as “we are investigating” in NC’s dictionary. It’s the same as “get lost”. In fact, “later” is rarely used by them. They operate in seemly definitives disguised as due diligent.

Edited by Motgar-KT
Most edits ever

I mean honestly who cares about private servers. If people are leaving classic for PS it's because NC anyways. They always tell the community to voice their opinions and concerns on the forums because this is the place that it will be heard and game modifications will be made based off of this.

Right now NC is sitting at a point even lower than the AP trading fiasco and SR bans in 1.2. Nobody wants to play the game because there's no benefit behind doing anything. I can't even work on 55e armor because there's no MR stones on the broker. When it takes about 200 MR 14's minimum to slot gear it's not really worth even thinking about. They are literally killing the game. What's the point of an MMO with no loot.

5 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

The reason why players aren't on Siel is because there are other servers that are illegitimate. They will come back if they had authorities shut the private servers down and if they banned everyone spreading private server information on Siel. The fact people still play NCsoft games or came back for Classic Aion means they come back and do it all over again.

This is a very simplistic view.Do you seriously think players are going to come back after being ignored by ncosft for months on end with classic,and years in retail.

People have woken up to the fact of how badly NA is run and are leaving in droves.Dont blame the operators of the servers blame your precious company ncsoft for ignoring players and them thinking players are going too tolerate poor drops and a poor selection of items on quna shop at stupid prices and tons of ingame issues.

Ncwest/soft alone has caused this mass exodus not the players,this company was warned and informed repeatedly by the players,you reap what you sow people arent going to tolerate their blatant cashgrabs any longer.

4 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

Do you seriously think players are going to come back after being ignored by ncosft for months on end with classic,and years in retail.

Yes, they always do. In fact, you just proved that, you are still here complaining.

12 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Yes, they always do. In fact, you just proved that, you are still here complaining.

Having logged in the last 30 days means i can still post.Doesnt mean im playing regularly or spending money like i used too.Keep white knighting though im sure it will do lots to fix the issues of the last 6 months.

And private servers arent stealing players ncwest is driving them away.

6 minutes ago, marikazan-KT said:

Having logged in the last 30 days means i can still post.Doesnt mean im playing regularly or spending money like i used too.Keep white knighting though im sure it will do lots to fix the issues of the last 6 months.

And private servers arent stealing players ncwest is driving them away.

You are still talking and that's commitment to the game if not playing, yet.

@Motgar-KT

This is just so sad to read. You are telling us and them, people who probably only enjoy Aion as a game than no other one because who knows what reason, that the solution of Classic is to shut down PS? You are literally telling that to people who finally can enjoy the game as they wanted on a Private Servers after they couldn't find fun here at Classic anymore? You really are trying to bring people back with such a feeling of disappointment to NCwest? And you expect them to come back????? Am sorry but this is not how it works. Most people who quit to PS was BORED on classic and they just kept playing here because they invested money into it and they couldn't find anything else to enjoy the game again UNTIL NOW. This is the sad reality, most people who quit classic for PS won't come back, unless NCwest do real changes (or actually fixes) to their own game. You are underestimating the problem if you think population problem will be solved by shutting down the servers. In fact, PS are the best advertising they have about this game, because not even NC cares about advertising the game and encourage new people to come to try the game, as PS do. To be honest, I swear if it wasn't because of PS not even 10% of the people over the world (at least out of Korea) who is playing Aion right now would care about the game at all. You probably don't even know the amount of people that play PS in EU/RU zone, just as an example.

Edited by Zeitgeist

As I was saying, shutdown all private servers and ban anyone that tries to get people to flock to them and everyone else who doesn't advertise them will flock back to Siel because it would be the only server left. They might not be serious paying customers, but they can't resist to be once they start fixing things. It's the same story over and over, just look at the forums, people get all thankful for them doing one small thing and forget about the rest.

2 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

As I was saying, shutdown all private servers and ban anyone that tries to get people to flock to them and everyone else who doesn't advertise them will flock back to Siel because it would be the only server left. They might not be serious paying customers, but they can't resist to be once they start fixing things. It's the same story over and over, just look at the forums, people get all thankful for them doing one small thing and forget about the rest.

A quick Google search came up with at least a dozen private servers, none of which are located in the US, meaning that NCsoft wouldn't fork out  the legal costs of shutting down the servers, especially the ones in countries which are hostile to the US.

Honestly if there was any private server in SA right now I'd not play retail at all. I'm not goint to play another NA server, specially not 4.x though, because I don't like 4.x. If it was 3.5 I'd give it a try.

There's a reason people still pay for Netflix even though there's plenty of ways to illegally stream and download shows. If you give people a legal and affordable way to access something many will take it. Sadly the offering here is not an affordable or competitive one with illegal options. You can spend millennia trying to ban private servers - it won't stop them. However if you 'get good' and be a better option than private servers, then you need not be concerned with them. Will this very simple business case occur here? lol no. This is a rudderless ship where it's likely that people at the very very top dictate what they think is best without being connected to what is really happening.  Anyway, enjoy I guess.

10 minutes ago, Easycrow said:

There's a reason people still pay for Netflix even though there's plenty of ways to illegally stream and download shows. If you give people a legal and affordable way to access something many will take it. Sadly the offering here is not an affordable or competitive one with illegal options. You can spend millennia trying to ban private servers - it won't stop them. However if you 'get good' and be a better option than private servers, then you need not be concerned with them. Will this very simple business case occur here? lol no. This is a rudderless ship where it's likely that people at the very very top dictate what they think is best without being connected to what is really happening.  Anyway, enjoy I guess.

You can't "ban" a private server, you can take them to court on a commercial copyright infringement, but it's going to be a legal battle across countries, in other words you will spend more on legal fees than it is worth in revenue. You try litigating a copyright claim on  Russian server operator from the US.

As for the price argument, yes Aion Classic is way too expensive, should b $5/mth. but that doesn't explain why people flock to private servers for Aion Live which is free. The reason is the content, Aion screwed up game play after about Aion 4.6 with too much gear complexity, deletion of maps, and inequality.

Edited by Cyfur

5 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

You can't "ban" a private server, you can take them to court on a commercial copyright infringement, but it's going to be a legal battle across countries, in other words you will spend more on legal fees than it is worth in revenue. You try litigating a copyright claim on  Russian server operator from the US.

I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Semantics.