Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

• Aion Team

Greetings, Aion Community!

Allow me to introduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Aion. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to connect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to introduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Aion.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Aion

Welcome, but are you really gonna take on the CM role or just post the google-translated "patch notes" every week and stop there as has been the situation since.. forever?

Here's your first task: tell us when drops (items and kinah)  will be fixed. Manastone drops don't exist since the February 2.5 patch. Also, a few bags of (useless rubbish) stones here and there is meaningless, when you need 50-200 stones to socket a single piece of armor.

Hello @Wissp 

Like Shirene mentionned , Aion Classic is in a desesperate state when it comes to the manastones everyone uses ie: Attack +5's Crit +17's Mboost 27's mres +14's etc. We really need a proper way to get them wich is achievable thru in game activities , the current one isnt working atm the broker is mostly empty and/or the prices for a single manastones as gone completely thru the roof. ( 3m for a single attack+5 ) making it almost impossible for newer players and even veteran to socket their sets. I know nc plan is for NA region to stick as close as possible to their KR counterpart but we clearly dont have the same population therefore we need a different approach.

Looking forward the more frequent updates and communication from the Aion Team concerning issues , fixes or updates.

Please dont ignore your playerbase and leave us in the dark for too long as it happened in the past.

31 minutes ago, DMob-DN said:

Please dont ignore your playerbase and leave us in the dark for too long as it happened in the past.

This can not be spoken enough.

To elaborate on this for wissp even bad news is good communication, In the past if we asked about something the CM would often say we will get back to you on that topic and then just ghost us for all eternity. Even bad news IMO is good news. Like lets say the manastone situation can not change because KR does not want it changed that is fine to tell us that we have to deal with the current rate of manastones but it is not ok to tell us that wissp will ask someone and then just ghost us.

Edited by Squid

9 hours ago, Wissp said:

Greetings, Aion Community!

Allow me to introduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Aion. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to connect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to introduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Aion.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Aion

Dear new guy,

Please fix the commander battle so we can attack them, and do something about the asmos glide hacking to our kisks to kill them. 

Unless by fixing the commanders' HP you meant we wouldnt fight them at all. . .

Thanks. 

Hey uhm… mastarius and veille aren’t fighting.. and we can’t attack or heal them, so while it’s fantastic that you and the new team will be supporting the server, we really need in game GMs monitoring the game, quickly fixing bugs, etc. All of us love and adore this game but it’s difficult to be able to enjoy it with the continuous  random bugs or breakdowns in mechanics. 

For those who haven't realized, Wissp posted the exact same message on the Lineage II forum, the Blade & Soul forum, etc. They don't suddenly care about Aion. They literally just changed the game name and copy+pasted it.

Edited by Eliseth

9 hours ago, Highdetails said:

You can try. But 2.5 patch did so much harm that propably there is no turning back. Alot of players migrated to EU, diablo 4 inc, tnl even it doesnt look promising. 

From my POV doom came to na server.

When the EU get to 2.5 they will be hit with the same nerf, maybe sooner as they already have a chronic bot problem. I have stopped playing there and am playing on Nezekan instead.

1 hour ago, Zurl said:

When the EU get to 2.5 they will be hit with the same nerf, maybe sooner as they already have a chronic bot problem. I have stopped playing there and am playing on Nezekan instead.

They also mite skip right past 2.5 and get the new area that has the PvP zone kinah quests so it mite solve itself better. There is always different outcomes.

Look promising but I'm not yet believed your willingness. Can't blame me by looking your history with the community.

I'll wait and see your reaction with community first then I'll decide if you're truly worthy to give you another chance.

Hiii and welcome!  A couple of thoughts to share. 

First please understand that after a decade and 2 versions of aion... some of us lack trust in the company as a whole.  While I will temain cautiously optimistic I wont get my hopes up too far.  Keep in mind that us being pissed off means we care.  And its dumb that some of know more and care more than the people running this game

If you truly want to help us perhaps consider what Kibblez did a few years ago and complile a list of player grievances.   Its a pretty big list so be ready for that.  He was able to take some feedback up to the big bosses and make some changes in retail but then suddenly vanished except the copy/paste  weekly maint notes that might or might not make it to the right version forums.  

Allow us to honestly and openly share our thoughts on the game.  Deleting comments, threads, putting strikes on peoples accounts doesnt make US wrong.   I think the fact we started at 16 servers and barely have 1 for each version speaks for itself.  Sure its your company but I wouldn't buy your pizza if you keep telling me I dont need cheese.  Cuz we all need cheese so please take my order!!

And lastly you know its the end of the world when I agree with @Kayame-DN on something!!  Asmos have a camp not far from the world bosses with annoying elite guards to protect their kisks where elys have nothing on either map within a comparable distance to the fight location.  Its not bad enough these early versions completely screw healers at sieges and events,  go ahead and set the whole faction up to fail.

Grab a note pad and some coffee.  Lets talk about both versions.

Edited by Asha
Typo

Hey, why did you guys nerf balaur deity from divine siege? Last night the deity didn't last 5 minutes. Please, bring it back to the normal.

We never really asked for that, we asked to nerf Veille and Mastarius a little bit so we can actually kill them in less than 1h.

38 minutes ago, Shirene-DN said:

So another CM who doesn't actually work, more of the same.

LOL you realize it was the weekend and today is Monday which is Memorial day in the US.  Don't know where you're from but I don't work weekends or holidays either.  They not perfect but geez give it a chance before rage posting everyday.

On 5/26/2023 at 4:26 PM, Shirene-DN said:

Welcome, but are you really gonna take on the CM role or just post the google-translated "patch notes" every week and stop there as has been the situation since.. forever?

Seeing as he poofed asap with no replies, probably this for sure.

@Wissp

Yawwwwn... We've all seen this rodeo before. At this stage in the game we be the fools for trusting anything told to us by your lot anymore.

Not sure how one dude gonna fix ALL the broken shit since 2.5 update... If your new A team really wants to make amends, do us all a solid by going back to when 2.5 was released and actually read the feedback ALREADY posted on these dead horse forums. Because if you want us to dredge up all the bs that's pissed us off and rehash it AGAIN, expect nothing less than passive-aggressive remarks from your players.