Disable Rewards for Loses

Lucimon-DN

Rewards need to be disabled in competitive instances due to massive amounts of afk's.   As long as NCSoft continues to offer rewards for second place people will continue to afk.   We can defeat the entire AFK within competitive instances by absolutely disabling any type of rewards for losing.   There is absolutely no other way to combat afk players within competitive instances.  Please disable all rewards for any place other than first.   First and foremost beginning with evangale canyon

11 hours ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Rewards need to be disabled in competitive instances due to massive amounts of afk's.   As long as NCSoft continues to offer rewards for second place people will continue to afk.   We can defeat the entire AFK within competitive instances by absolutely disabling any type of rewards for losing.   There is absolutely no other way to combat afk players within competitive instances.  Please disable all rewards for any place other than first.   First and foremost beginning with evangale canyon

well... thats not the solution, like ppl don't care for the crappy rewards of a lost instance, they go afk with the hopes to be carried and get a free win.

23 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Why care about your team AFKing if you can hack your way to victory alone?

Because AFK'ing instances in the hopes of a free carry while screwing everyone else's chances of a win is ok, but trying to screw everyone else's chances of winning by hacking is not, amirite?!

AFK'ers are no better than hackers sir, you both negatively affect others peoples games.

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

Except that you can actually filter out AFK people already... But, of course, that requires work, right?

Actually, in Evergale you can't. 

You can absolutely filter out afk people in every other PvP instance by making a pre-made group. In Evergale, however, you can make a pre-made -alliance- but you have no control over the other -three- alliances.There can be 6 or 7 pre-made alliances full and ready to enter Evergale and your pre-made can -still- get stuck with quick queue alliances that are mostly afk. So why make a pre-made?

Still think you initial comment was a hoot, though.

416.gif

But Evergale is one instance in six battlegrounds. Seven if you consider Dredgion Defense (you can still kick other people there, can you?). And eight if you also take into account coalition stuff. Also, as far as I have noticed, Evergale is not that much about numbers, but leadership or willingness to follow directions and who you are matched against, which are a way more common reason to lose/win to.

And maybe some ranting/rambling here. :P Blaming it on the AFK is everyone's wildcard (not saying it doesnt happen). I have seen several times how leaders send the whole league to the Temple of Origin and completely ignore caves or kill Mahot/Daglon in the most ineffective moments, and a few minutes later they go "Nyerk you, AFKs!".

No. It is actually very much about numbers. And the instructions you see are usually just for the masses while groups have already been tagged to PvE and take/hold the caves.

For all those Battlegrounds you can name only Evergale and A Dredg give the purification items we need to upgrade our PvP sets and we only get one dredg entry per day. So perhaps you can see how that makes Evergale so important and why having to carry 50% afkers and lose (without 4k points) or take the whole time to win and thus cutting down on the number of Evergales you can run is ticking so many people off.

12 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Except that you can actually filter out AFK people already... But, of course, that requires work, right?

You can actually also filter out hackers if you care to scout and dodge... But, of course, that requires work too, right?

3 hours ago, Ubie-KT said:

You can actually also filter out hackers if you care to scout and dodge... But, of course, that requires work too, right?

(His hacking comment in the second post is directed at the certain somebody at the beginning of the thread who doesn't quite play as cleanly as he claims he does...)

• 2 weeks later...

I only did evergale once... but I saw people creating alliances in LFG to avoid AFKers. Is not like other PvP instances where you can apply with your alliance or group if you made one? I am pretty sure I saw alliances forming there.

And if you can, I will totally agree with bryos

On 29/1/2018 at 6:42 PM, Bryos-KT said:

AFK runs existed since many years ago. The chance of getting an small reward was important. Leting people to do the instance even afk helped to have more groups. If you remove the small reward probably less people will go there. And it will be harder to find an oposite team for those who wants to plays

It was said in so many post. If you do not like to find AFK people, never... pay attention... never click on the "quick group" option. If you want to be in a full active team, use LFG and create your team. The "quick group" option is for people who do not care who join the team and what they do. If you use that option, you can not complain about who they are and what they do. 

if you make your groups and you invited people who stayed afk when they said they wanted to play, block them, never invite them again. To avoid this, many players only invite people they already know. 

On 29 January 2018 at 7:15 AM, Lucimon-DN said:

Evergale is casual not competitive. If you want competitive go do Iron Wall Warfront or Kamar Battlefield where stats matter. You are a joke to think otherwise.

12 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I only did evergale once... but I saw people creating alliances in LFG to avoid AFKers. Is not like other PvP instances where you can apply with your alliance or group if you made one? I am pretty sure I saw alliances forming there.

And if you can, I will totally agree with bryos

AFK runs existed since many years ago. The chance of getting an small reward was important. Leting people to do the instance even afk helped to have more groups. If you remove the small reward probably less people will go there. And it will be harder to find an oposite team for those who wants to plays

It was said in so many post. If you do not like to find AFK people, never... pay attention... never click on the "quick group" option. If you want to be in a full active team, use LFG and create your team. The "quick group" option is for people who do not care who join the team and what they do. If you use that option, you can not complain about who they are and what they do. 

if you make your groups and you invited people who stayed afk when they said they wanted to play, block them, never invite them again. To avoid this, many players only invite people they already know. 

No. That's not the way Evergale works.

You can create a "no afkers" alliance. You can chose to accept or reject people that apply. But yours is not the only alliance in instance. With your "no afk" alliance there will be between two and three alliance filled with quick queue people. That means that your 24 may be playing but that other 72 players on your side in your instance may very well be afk and you have no control over that. By making a "no afk" group you are only assuring that 25% of the league is not afk.

Archived