Let's discuss which class going to be the best in 6.0

Neleth-KT

Every class got their damage buffed but who's the best here's my analyze

-Sorc : Sorc cast time got no reduce at all but vaizel wisdom will cast 20 sec instead 15 sec now.We lose ice chain and freeze is chained with frozen shock 30 sec cd since basic weapons/gloves got no cast speed at all I feel like sorc going to be miserable until they got decent xform and weapons with cast speed.

-SM : SM OP at 6.0 launch with 30k servant and buffed summon servant but few weeks later they got damage nerfed not feeling good or bad about them just thinking they will be less affected by no cast gears than Sorc,oh right great buff with spirit empowered cd 1 min duration 2 mins and passive sympathetic mind and infernal bright 1 min cd duration 30 sec still they wish they could do something with pet stigma but they didn't.

SW : SW just buffed normally but nothing special about them or I don't have information.

Assassin : They got reduce cd of main chains but that's about them not sure how I feel about dual wield now since removed of power shard which means dual wield going to be less powerful.

Ranger : Feel positive about them all skills now ranged 25m and bestical only reduced 5m instead 10m strong shots got buffed to 2%(5% in 5.8so 2% in 6.0 would equal 10% in 5.8) dmg and focus shots is 6%(30% in 5.8) 1000ma 10000 acc no pdef reduced if u can get kaisinel xform remove attack speed cap,your attack going to be crazy (BF+Mauform+WoW).

Gunner : Felt mad about increasing cd on snowshell and frozen blitz,lose all cannon skillbook AoEs well I think we can't spam cannon skills with instantly use anymore we have to charge it to lv 3 then shot I think this is how they intended maybe I'm going to replace frozen blitz with missile guide.

Cleric : I feel they nerfed  a cleric big time first nerfed servant dmg from OP to stupid damage,they also nerf earth wrarth not useable on boss by adding slow effect on the skill,punisher cd reduced to 2 sec with cast 1.5 sec but they nerfed dmg by a lot too,not sure about healing roles of cleric in 6.0 since chanter's heal are surpassed cleric (15k heal AoE) I feel like cleric roles will be secondary heals and dispels don't be too happy with bene 700 heal boost they nerfed it to 400 already and there's no healing boost gears in 6.0.

Chanter : I think this is the best class of 6.0,15k AoE hot or 9k with dispel is killer skill,with removal of rage spell make heal and dps in same time possible(cleric can't dps and heal in same time even they wished).Mantras got merged together now u can have all needed mantras in single chanter speed merged with revival,hit merged with IM and u can just use shield mantra as 3rd.

AT : I see they only got buffed dmg but nothing really changes no comment.

Templar : Another OP class from 5.8 that nerfed to stupid level in 6.0 blood pact dmg got nerf half and only repeatable twice,still main dps skills got reduced cd,punishment repeatable twice,break power become a normal skill.so it's just from OP become somewhat normal now.

Glad : Spear stigmas and chain got buffed I wonder if spear surpassed dual wield dmg now never llike the idea of Glad being Sin wannabe.

Well please exchange ur information here I wish to know what everybody think :)

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Cleric : I feel they nerfed  a cleric big time first nerfed servant dmg from OP to stupid damage,they also nerf earth wrarth not useable on boss by adding slow effect on the skill,punisher cd reduced to 2 sec with cast 1.5 sec but they nerfed dmg by a lot too,not sure about healing roles of cleric in 6.0 since chanter's heal are surpassed cleric (15k heal AoE) I feel like cleric roles will be secondary heals and dispels don't be too happy with bene 700 heal boost they nerfed it to 400 already and there's no healing boost gears in 6.0.

Chanter : I think this is the best class of 6.0,15k AoE hot or 9k with dispel is killer skill,with removal of rage spell make heal and dps in same time possible(cleric can't dps and heal in same time even they wished).Mantras got merged together now u can have all needed mantras in single chanter speed merged with revival,hit merged with IM and u can just use shield mantra as 3rd.

Clerics will still BY FAR be the king of healing. Even though benevolence got changed to 400 HB, their temporary healing buffs (e.g. amplification) got huge CD reductions; amplification, sage's wisdom, and that one blue shield that gives HB now have 1 minute CDs compared to the previous 3 minute/2 minute CDs.

Chanters on the other hand got an AOE recovery spell that can only be casted every 10 seconds and a decent healing buff to a previously almost-negligible AOE heal that still has a 1min CD. There aren't really any other noteworthy healing spells; in fact, I'm surprised they didn't even scale up healing burst to fit the higher-damage-higher-HP environment.

As you mentioned, chanters will still be burst-healing and dpsing like they are today, but clerics will still be the primary healing class.

I guess I've missed some info about clerics.

Yes Amp,Blessing Shield,Sage's Wisdom cd 1 mins however I'm feeling healing light,healing grace are outdated because cast time + heal amount is not worth it just like healing burst (still healing burst is better than healing grace).Anyway since clerics got 4 healing short cd left (Ripple,Healing Grace,Healing Light,Light of Recovery),what we going to do while ripple buff up beside using them o_o still I prefer AoE Recovery Spell because the skill is strong by itself no need to use buff or anything plus u can put it in ur dps rotation and auto heal every 10 sec that's neat :P

Albeit I didn't gear gunner, but when leveling it hits like a wet noodle. AT on the other hand has 3 skills that each increase MB by 760 and DP of course that increases MA by 950, not to mention Aimbot assist that increases MA by like 750 I think. Also AT can keep 30% attack speed reduction up 100% of the time on a target. So ATs truly are the magic glads this patch imo

I just checked gears and many buffing skills for each class it seems all weapons in 6.0 same MA,Magic Damage and Crit Sepll,only difference is attack (auto attack) and direction of cannon gunners (less cannon skills increase cd forcing full charge to use cannon) and buffs that increase magic damage with other classes  yes I agreed they really nyerked gunners up (sorc got a quite of nerf too)

However I got a question regarding magic sin does magic sin is a thing in 6.0 ? Spear is now better than dual wield in pve ? Sorry I know u're not playing those classes but I don't know who else I could ask.

14 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I just checked gears and many buffing skills for each class it seems all weapons in 6.0 same MA,Magic Damage and Crit Sepll,only difference is attack (auto attack) and direction of cannon gunners (less cannon skills increase cd forcing full charge to use cannon) and buffs that increase magic damage with other classes  yes I agreed they really nyerked gunners up (sorc got a quite of nerf too)

However I got a question regarding magic sin does magic sin is a thing in 6.0 ? Spear is now better than dual wield in pve ? Sorry I know u're not playing those classes but I don't know who else I could ask.

I've never seen a sin in 6.0 with MB in their gear. And I don't know about the spear thing

15 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

so, I'll bite- you threw out"sorc got quite a bit of a nerf"- not from what I saw- what specifically is "quite a  bit of a nerf" to you?

1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I thought there was no way to make sorcs worse than now. I guess I'll have to sell everything before 6.0 and quit before everything becomes soul bound.

Sorcs are viable, they just aren't faceroll easy as some other classes. If you lack situational awareness or any sense of strategy or don't use your CDs well, you won't do well in PVP.

That leaves out about 75% of the present sorcs, you don't learn that in a week, getting good takes time. A lot of people would just roll the easier classes, that's not unique to Aion. I don't blame them at all, also, I don't blame groups when there's no diminishing returns when you stack various classes. Luckily, there's a LOT of bad SW. 

For those people who enjoy a challenge, it's actually more interesting that way- I would prefer that rather than introducing simplistic classes, they raise the bar for all of them, that's what I was hoping the class rebalance would do in 6.0  

I am a little irritated at the amount of times someone wrote "learn how to play your class" type posts. If they nerf sorcs more that is it, they nerfed it.

Sorcs became the punch bags of Aion since 3.0

If I know my sorc well and a SW knows his class well then the SW will beat me because of class imbalance. Unless you mean I should learn my sorc and hope others won't learn their class so I can brag about playing a sh!tty class and still win.

A sh!tty class is a sh!tty class, no matter how well you learn to play it.

13 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I am a little irritated at the amount of times someone wrote "learn how to play your class" type posts. If they nerf sorcs more that is it, they nerfed it.

Sorcs became the punch bags of Aion since 3.0

If I know my sorc well and a SW knows his class well then the SW will beat me because of class imbalance. Unless you mean I should learn my sorc and hope others won't learn their class so I can brag about playing a sh!tty class and still win.

A sh!tty class is a sh!tty class, no matter how well you learn to play it.

1- how do you know that sorcs were nerfed at all in 6.0? you don't even know what patch we'll receive

2- Sorcs became the punch bags of Aion since 3.0 - how so? talk to any gunners lately? agreed, there have been changes that require a higher skill cap, but if you haven't adapted, that doesn't mean the class is a punching bag.

3- If you "know your class well" as a sorc , then you wouldn't basically be crying here. You'd know that you'd have a hard time 1v1 against some classes, and a fair chance against others. Making a mistake can be very costly. It takes skill, if you want a class that doesn't take skill, by comparison, there are alternatives. 

It really sounds like you don't like playing your sorc any more. there will be changes to this class, and adjustments to others, until then though why not play something else?

17 hours ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

1- how do you know that sorcs were nerfed at all in 6.0? you don't even know what patch we'll receive

2- Sorcs became the punch bags of Aion since 3.0 - how so? talk to any gunners lately? agreed, there have been changes that require a higher skill cap, but if you haven't adapted, that doesn't mean the class is a punching bag.

3- If you "know your class well" as a sorc , then you wouldn't basically be crying here. You'd know that you'd have a hard time 1v1 against some classes, and a fair chance against others. Making a mistake can be very costly. It takes skill, if you want a class that doesn't take skill, by comparison, there are alternatives. 

It really sounds like you don't like playing your sorc any more. there will be changes to this class, and adjustments to others, until then though why not play something else?

I think the conversation stops when you start writing bullsh!t like "you wouldn't be here crying". Did someone cry, did you moved from your seat? Get a grip. An equally skilled and geared sorc vs another class is what we talk.

Also you are not entitled to tell me what I will play or if I should quit sorc because they decided to nerf it. You do not care about me having a good time in game, you already expressed so, so stop pretending you are giving me options. I have played other classes, I have soloed bosses with my SM, I have seen what SW are capable of because I played with my SW alt, and I have a pretty well image. SW and SM have better defenses, better survivability, better healing options and overall their dps is pretty good.

Stop making assumptions because you base your arguments on your false assumptions and that makes your arguments invalid.

13 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I think the conversation stops when you start writing bullsh!t like "you wouldn't be here crying". Did someone cry, did you moved from your seat? Get a grip. An equally skilled and geared sorc vs another class is what we talk.

Also you are not entitled to tell me what I will play or if I should quit sorc because they decided to nerf it. You do not care about me having a good time in game, you already expressed so, so stop pretending you are giving me options. I have played other classes, I have soloed bosses with my SM, I have seen what SW are capable of because I played with my SW alt, and I have a pretty well image. SW and SM have better defenses, better survivability, better healing options and overall their dps is pretty good.

Stop making assumptions because you base your arguments on your false assumptions and that makes your arguments invalid.

No idea what you are talking about, no one is telling you to do anything, No one is forcing you to play any class for that matter however -you said that sorcs are punching bags and are a bad class. Why? Still no idea.Are you talking about sorcs 1v1 against SW and SM? group PVP? 

I wouldn't argue that SW and SMs have better defenses and self- heals that sorcs, in fact, in the case of SMs, that has ALWAYS been the case.Better shields too. It's more difficult to play a sorc, by far.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Yortus-KT said:

Does anyone know what the dps of the chanter is in 6.0?

My main on NA is chanter for over a year. I leveled a chanter on the 6.2 PTS yesterday to level 66. With those comparisons, I'd say chanter has the same amount of dps *in the lower levels*. However, it is my opinion -- based on skill changes -- that chanter dps will be a bit lower in endgame, like level 75-80. For example, Rage Spell is removed, and our 2k dp skill for extra dps is changed to a 4k skill. Again though, my 6.2 chanter is only level 66 right now, so I haven't seen firsthand how it will feel. I think there will be some bad changes (the 2 things  I mentioned, etc) and some good changes (Stamina Restoration now has 30 sec cd instead of 1 min, awesome 7 second dispel skill, etc). So I think the good and the bad will balance each other out.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Mi principal en NA es chanter por más de un año. Ayer nivelé un puntero en el PTS de 6.2 hasta el nivel 66. Con esas comparaciones, diría que el puntero tiene la misma cantidad de dps * en los niveles inferiores *. Sin embargo, en mi opinión, en función de los cambios en las habilidades, los dps del cantante serán un poco más bajos en el final del juego, como el nivel 75-80. Por ejemplo, el hechizo de furia se elimina y nuestra habilidad de 2k dp para dps extra se cambia a una habilidad de 4k. De nuevo, sin embargo, mi marcador de 6,2 es solo el nivel 66 en este momento, por lo que no he visto de primera mano cómo se sentirá. Creo que habrá algunos cambios malos (las 2 cosas que mencioné, etc.) y algunos buenos cambios (Restauración de aguante ahora tiene 30 segundos de CD en vez de 1 minuto, impresionante habilidad de disipación de 7 segundos, etc.). Así que creo que lo bueno y lo malo se compensarán mutuamente.

I speak of dps, the endurance I do not care. According to what they told me in 6.2, they have improved the most in damage, activated many skills and chained others.

I'll give addition comment on cleric since I leveled a cleric to 77

I feel like using bless shield with flash of recovery is not just an option but a requirement,the healing skills itself is very weak I got 32k hp with campaign gears only.
Call lightning is really strong but punishing earth chain is really weak even with 3rd chain (sorry I forgot name).I was trying to steal named mob from SW but there's no way I could do it SW is kill a lot faster than I'm.I feel cleric dps is kinda weak unlike 5.8

The end of DPS cleric ? maybe so,don't expected you're all powerful like 5.8

Leveled 80 and kinda disappointed with cleric dps.

It's really weak healing without ampify and bless shield.
Punishing earth nerfed to smite like dmg also it chain is very weak too.

Forget about your image of cleric 5.8

I'm leaning to sorc dps more now even no cast time reduction but their dmg isn't nerfed.

Note : for anyone missing 3.0 campaign quest where you need to siege to finish your campaign it's back :ph34r:

Level sorc to 32 very pleased with sorc so far,it's true that sorc lacking cast time make it slow very slow,but they didn't nerfed sorc dmg.Got wind spear to keep recovering hp so no problem on leveling.Remember flamebolt in 5.8 ? now ur refracting shard is working like ur flamebolt (sorc version of punishing earth 6.0).My advice is not use flame harpoon but try to combine instant skills like frost,flame cage,wind spear with flame fusion,refracting shard and use freezing wind(yes u will melee everything but u got hp recovery from wind spear so no worry),if u use flame harpoon to kill mobs u will bore like hell,if u need ranged far mob or whatever use strong skill like aetherflame(balaur seeker) or storm strike or ice harpoon else just melee with freezing wind.

TLDR : Sorc is much more fun to play than cleric.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

Nivel de sorc a 32 muy satisfecho con sorc hasta el momento, es cierto que sorc carecen de tiempo de colada lo hacen lento muy lento, pero no nerfed sorc dmg.Got lanza de viento para seguir recuperando HP, así que no hay problema en la nivelación.Recuerde flamebolt en 5.8 ? ahora mi fragmento de refracción está funcionando como tu eyebolt (versión sorda de castigar a la tierra 6.0). Mi consejo no es usar el arpón de fuego, sino intentar combinar habilidades instantáneas como escarcha, jaula de llamas, lanza de viento con fusión de llama, fragmento refractante y uso de viento helado ( sí lo harás todo pero ganaste HP recuperación de la lanza del viento así que no te preocupes), si usas arponero de llamas para matar mobs aguantarás como el infierno, si necesitas una mafia lejana o cualquier otra habilidad fuerte como el aetherflame (buscador de balaur) o golpe de tormenta o arpón de hielo, sino solo cuerpo a cuerpo con viento helado.

TLDR: Sorc es mucho más divertido de jugar que el clérigo.

It will seem more dibertido to you. For the funniest class in dps is the cleric and then the sm

Archived