is everybody in this game anitsocial? :(

i really want to meet people on this game but it seems like everyone i run into just want to play a solo game or something

i invite alot of the people i come across thats around my level to a group and so far only a few have accepted. most of the time they either decline or they just stop and stand still for a few seconds as if they dont know what the mess just popped up on their screen.

and when they do join, they either dont talk or they dont speak the same languege as i do well enough to understand me

i also really love to duel so i request duels alot as that 80% of the time strikes a freindship but so far nobody has accepted. are there  just not alot of pvpers in this game?

idk why people seem to hate socializing while leveling, i mean this is a mmo, they shouldve just went and played a solo game rater than a multiplayer game if they never want to talk to people

and guilds dont help bcuz from my experience, most of them are like 75+ only

does anbody have any good ways to find parties and stuff or people to duel?

You get less XP in a group.

Leveling is so fast that no one groups up for it except to duo Besh Temple from 53-65. At 66+, you can get instance/instance XP farming groups. Many legions start accepting players at level 70, and getting to level 70 takes relatively little time.

Few people randomly duel. That's one of the first options I disable when I make a character. I don't like duels, and I especially don't like random duels.

PvP is at higher levels. PvP is functionally disabled from 1-65 by being on the fast track server (where you level faster to get to endgame so you can play the game).

The game has a hostile playerbase, but you really don't get introduced to all the personalities until 66+, lol.

13 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You get less XP in a group.

Leveling is so fast that no one groups up for it except to duo Besh Temple from 53-65. At 66+, you can get instance/instance XP farming groups. Many legions start accepting players at level 70, and getting to level 70 takes relatively little time.

Few people randomly duel. That's one of the first options I disable when I make a character. I don't like duels, and I especially don't like random duels.

PvP is at higher levels. PvP is functionally disabled from 1-65 by being on the fast track server (where you level faster to get to endgame so you can play the game).

The game has a hostile playerbase, but you really don't get introduced to all the personalities until 66+, lol.

i thought you got more xp in a group, when i was in one i got a buff that said i got like 3% more xp or soemtrhing like that

You get less exp in a group because it is shared among the members. The buff is more for when you have to be in a group anyway, it's just something extra. 

But don't be discouraged! Aion is a relatively solo game until 65+ because then you start to meet people through sieges, everyday dungeon runs, events, etc... At low levels everyone is just focusing on leveling and no one really stays at the same pace or place. Like the above person said, pvp doesn't happen at low levels because of the fast track server and no one duels because no one has gear. At endgame you won't have trouble finding duels if you just ask in chat and there's a lot of pvp instances that become available. There's also an Aion facebook page and Discord if you want to meet people. Well, the facebook page is really just used for screenshots and drama but still. 

2 hours ago, BeMagnificentt-DN said:

i really want to meet people on this game but it seems like everyone i run into just want to play a solo game or something

i invite alot of the people i come across thats around my level to a group and so far only a few have accepted. most of the time they either decline or they just stop and stand still for a few seconds as if they dont know what the mess just popped up on their screen.

and when they do join, they either dont talk or they dont speak the same languege as i do well enough to understand me

i also really love to duel so i request duels alot as that 80% of the time strikes a freindship but so far nobody has accepted. are there  just not alot of pvpers in this game?

idk why people seem to hate socializing while leveling, i mean this is a mmo, they shouldve just went and played a solo game rater than a multiplayer game if they never want to talk to people

As Cheese said, currently most players are so focused on getting to at last 66+ they will take the most efficient path to leveling. and that means soloing through most of the older content.  There are a few people that know the parts of the old content that no one does anymore, and you  could happen across some of them, but that would be quite rare- that's a pity, since otherwise you'll never see some of the older content. 

Also, while some people like to duel, a lot of other people don't for various reasons. That doesn't mean they don't like to PVP, but they'll do so in (ranked) arenas or other instanced content.  You could head  to Sanctum or Panda arena areas (Kaisenel if Elyos for example) if you want to find people hanging around, also people in Ilumna/Norsvold.

Finally, while there are guilds that will only accept level 75s, there are definitely guilds that will accept and help lower levels, it just takes a bit more effort to find them.

Like many others, I disable duels. I may be a bit old fashioned but, I will also reject random group and guild invites. Talk to me, let me know who you are, what quests you're on and, what you want to do as a team and, if I have the same quests open, we can team up to do a few of them. Let me see how you play, how you fight and, we might even duel after we knock out a quest or two.

I simply find random invites without so much as a "Hi I'm Player XYZ, nice to meet you." rude. It's a bit like walking up to a stranger whom you have never seen before and, without knowing even their name, inviting them to dinner, or to spend the night at your house - you just don't do that.

36 minutes ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Like many others, I disable duels. I may be a bit old fashioned but, I will also reject random group and guild invites. Talk to me, let me know who you are, what quests you're on and, what you want to do as a team and, if I have the same quests open, we can team up to do a few of them. Let me see how you play, how you fight and, we might even duel after we knock out a quest or two.

I simply find random invites without so much as a "Hi I'm Player XYZ, nice to meet you." rude. It's a bit like walking up to a stranger whom you have never seen before and, without knowing even their name, inviting them to dinner, or to spend the night at your house - you just don't do that.

i find it weird to go up to someone whos in the middle of killing a monster and being like "hey how r u" lmao so i usually say hey and stuff after they join the grou

42 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

As Cheese said, currently most players are so focused on getting to at last 66+ they will take the most efficient path to leveling. and that means soloing through most of the older content.  There are a few people that know the parts of the old content that no one does anymore, and you  could happen across some of them, but that would be quite rare- that's a pity, since otherwise you'll never see some of the older content. 

Also, while some people like to duel, a lot of other people don't for various reasons. That doesn't mean they don't like to PVP, but they'll do so in (ranked) arenas or other instanced content.  You could head  to Sanctum or Panda arena areas (Kaisenel if Elyos for example) if you want to find people hanging around, also people in Ilumna/Norsvold.

Finally, while there are guilds that will only accept level 75s, there are definitely guilds that will accept and help lower levels, it just takes a bit more effort to find them.

i dont get it thouhg, im at nute warrens right now, where you NEED a group to quest through, yet nobody has accepted my group invites. then a few minutes later i run past them lying on the floor dead.. like you shouldve joined and you wouldnt have died ...!! it would be faster to quest in a group atleast at this place you think? yet people are too busy doing their own thing

9 minutes ago, BeMagnificentt-DN said:

i dont get it thouhg, im at nute warrens right now, where you NEED a group to quest through

Eh, no, you don't need a group to do these quests, you can even skip em when there's exp buffs.

Also, shift+12 disables everybody who isn't in group so, people using it won't see your corpse.

I returned to Aion 2 months ago and started a new toon. I've met people to group up and chat in Fast Track all the way up to 65. I've duo'd NTC, grouped for FT and old Adma. Even Nute Warrens. And Besh, of course. Those "friendships" didn't last though because these people happened to be from the other server, but then it didn't matter because after hitting 66 I  began to meet people in PuG groups and legions (yes, there are legions that welcome people below level 70 and even specifically new/returning and casual players). Maybe I've just been lucky. I don't really see much hostility and toxicity other than during SFT event (NEED PRO THIS AND THAT NO IDIOTS blablabla failed S rank tantrums etc), and community seems social and fun enough, if a bit deserted on Asmo KT side.

8 hours ago, BeMagnificentt-DN said:

I know the feeling... people want to reach 66 quickly and they rarely run  instances until BT when you are 53.
I'm one of those solo players because i love exploring areas and leveling step by step.
For pvp duels i don't like them  either because i don't have a  pvp set and because im a noob so it's always disabled.
I've noticed too that the people rarely talk when you are in a group but that happens in some legions too,and i don't know why.

2 hours ago, Hydin-KT said:

I returned to Aion 2 months ago and started a new toon. I've met people to group up and chat in Fast Track all the way up to 65. I've duo'd NTC, grouped for FT and old Adma. Even Nute Warrens. And Besh, of course. Those "friendships" didn't last though because these people happened to be from the other server, but then it didn't matter because after hitting 66 I  began to meet people in PuG groups and legions (yes, there are legions that welcome people below level 70 and even specifically new/returning and casual players). Maybe I've just been lucky. I don't really see much hostility and toxicity other than during SFT event (NEED PRO THIS AND THAT NO IDIOTS blablabla failed S rank tantrums etc), and community seems social and fun enough, if a bit deserted on Asmo KT side.

yes you were lucky XD!
SFT event is so bothering because on recruitments you only see "PRO players etc etc " and don't even dare to fail the instance!Most of players don't even let you to learn the instance.

I wouldn't ever send a cold group invite or duel. Both are just plain rude. 

If, for example, you would like a group for the Newt Warrens, try putting a post in LFG advertising the quest you are looking to do. Or stand at the outside and whisper people that come by asking if they want to group.

I can only speak for myself but I find this game to to far from antisocial!  I mean I get the whole lovng Duels and PvP and to that when it comes to me from past games I don't care for duels for two reasons that isn't worth getting into so like many I turn it off. As for PvP that from best I can tell these days is a higher level thing from back when I first played years ago and the first zone you had a rift in you had to keep eyes in the back of your head, DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU! It's not the whole 6 to 10 people showing up it used to be but it can happen here and there in lower levels so don't get 100% laxed! 

Still I find this game far from antisocial mainly cause people TALK here, in chat, to you, in groups with others and you can see them talking! The last few games I came from, the common games with the same names we all know and where "everyone is at" NO ONE talks in those games at ALL! Saying hello to someone you join a dungeon with can get you kicked faster than a bad pull or missed heal!  The other games in their RvRvR people still don't even talk if just to tell you how bad you are doing and even that is a well welcome from the pure NOTHING.  Heck the last D&D theme MMO I played (trying not to say names but you can guess which games are which) when I first played it a year or two ago everyone was talking and stuff, I went back a few months ago and NO ONE talks, the NPCs hardly talk in the town/hub I got freaked out one day when I realize no one was saying a word, jump to options to see if I had messed up settings, NOTHING! jump to Steam Forums asking what the deal was and mostly got "Shut up, no one has time for talk!"

So Yeah this game here I am not gonna lie was gonna be the last game I played and I was gonna call it the end for MMOs for me! 5sec in from logging into my old characters and I see people talking! In chat, local, heck I have asked people a few things in game and almost always get an answer! Yeah you get a few that don't replay, but with this game I find that most the time its cause they speak another language more often then not, and I am totally okay with that, reminds me of the good old GW1 days (could only go so long without saying one name if anything!).   So I get it, if you are into Deep PvP stuff, might be you just need to get to higher levels, I don't know really cause a few games over the years have totally killed the fun of pvp for me, I remember it being fun in this game so MAYBE I will try it later. 

Sorry for the long post, normally I don't post on any forums unless I really need to but I had to comment on this one! I mean I get it, I see post from time to time where people say the game is dying or it isn't like it used to be, and I get that I remember this game when it first came out, but you know what is funny, I see tons of people still running around and I still see a lot of the Legion names when I used to play! I am having a blast, I only wish that I could get friends to play this game, but getting people to play an MMO that isn't the newest thing...lets just say it would be easier to get world peace solo than it would to talk people into playing a game that is over 5 year old and isn't WoW!

8 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

Eh, no, you don't need a group to do these quests, you can even skip em when there's exp buffs.

Also, shift+12 disables everybody who isn't in group so, people using it won't see your corpse.

i dont mind people seeing my corpse, ive never died in nute warrens. im talking about the people who think they can solos but later on die multiple times

6 hours ago, Hydin-KT said:

asmo dn seems to be more populated and and elyos kt seems to be more populated. idk why though

I've soloed Nute Warrens on every toon, it really isn't THAT bad, just a few in there you either need to avoid or, out level on some classes. I have the most trouble on gunslinger in there, Soc and cleric - no problem solo. I've not done a warrior class yet or a SW so, don't know about them.

I just assume I'm going it solo to 65 or 66, then hitting the groups and, really, with the fast track server, that's how the game is designed now. Group quests below 65 can simply be skipped, you level so fast, it makes no difference. Want more solo quests? Get Prestige, there are Prestige bonus quests a plenty.

I hate duel requests because they're too sudden. I might be sitting in pve support spec or in a skin. My essences might be set to heals. Any number of things that would make me unprepared for a duel.

Other than that, what everyone else said -- people are much more social on the standard server after level 66.

Archived