@Cyan- seige times

TheHarlot-DN

I think the problem now is that there are no longer "throw away" forts. Throw away forts were forts that could switch over multiple times over a week or even a day and not make much of a difference. I am thinking about the Tia Hearts or Gelk/Inggi forts. Since the UA is the only game in town, game design just doesn't make for multiple vulns.

I agree that not changing the time for daylight savings time is just plain lazy. Pure and simple and do make sieging a hardship even for NA players.

10 hours ago, Vauxton-DN said:

Cyan..Please consider doing a poll on seige times before the new patch..The current times are very late and really kill east coast players especially due to the fact that they don't adjust during daylight savings like they used to... 11pm is too late!

TY!

Agreed. 

9 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I've been one of those people bringing this up for a while now and all I get is "this is a NA server". *smh*

I'd really hope they would consider adjusting it according to their logs showing the peak times etc. at least. u.u

Because it is. If you actually want an international server, GF is that-away. Even the recent PTS server was clearly identified as "International-PTS".  I never saw anyone complain when people spoke in LFG in French, German, English or other languages. Nor did I see anyone ask for NA seige times while I was there. As OP points out, the times don't work very well even for just NA, it's a compromise for all our time zones.

I'm East Coast and I miss my East Coast servers, let alone not even changing for Daylight Savings Time...

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Agreed. 

Because it is. If you actually want an international server, GF is that-away. Even the recent PTS server was clearly identified as "International-PTS".  I never saw anyone complain when people spoke in LFG in French, German, English or other languages. Nor did I see anyone ask for NA seige times while I was there. As OP points out, the times don't work very well even for just NA, it's a compromise for all our time zones.

I'm East Coast and I miss my East Coast servers, let alone not even changing for Daylight Savings Time...

The thing though is that those siege times are not even THAT great for their own playerbase which is mostly NA players (I'd assume, since I don't have the excat number). Especially with daylight savings which is making it even harder. I've said it before and I will say it again. The playerbase changes every other year and schedules should be adjust according to it. It has nothing to do with this is a NA server. It's about providing the best schedule possible for the whole community! 

Also it was NCWest to say they would adjust it after the patch, but they never did. They never sent out a survey asking about it like they did back in 5.0 (if I remember right). It's not hard to send out a survey, you know? :P

5 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Because it is. If you actually want an international server, GF is that-away. Even the recent PTS server was clearly identified as "International-PTS".  I never saw anyone complain when people spoke in LFG in French, German, English or other languages. 

International for Europe only, you mean :P you should have seen Hellion server, it's considered EN/ES server, but 90% of the people speak Spanish. On Antrishka Asmo side people complained whenever there was Turkish in LFG. Truth is, even NA is international, otherwise there wouldn't be people playing from South America.

6 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

International for Europe only, you mean :P you should have seen Hellion server, it's considered EN/ES server, but 90% of the people speak Spanish. On Antrishka Asmo side people complained whenever there was Turkish in LFG. Truth is, even NA is international, otherwise there wouldn't be people playing from South America.

That isn't a "truth". There are Australian players on NA as well. Guess what they have in common with South American players- NO regional support.  Australia lost their server years ago, NA markets to Portuguese players, but I'm sure they'd rather have servers that were closer to them. 

Europe has regional and international support and was always planned that way, NA always had very poor international support since  NA meant "American" , however it never meant "the world" , people should actually be happy that they aren't as strict in using IP blocks as some other regions .

21 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

That isn't a "truth". There are Australian players on NA as well. Guess what they have in common with South American players- NO regional support.  Australia lost their server years ago, NA markets to Portuguese players, but I'm sure they'd rather have servers that were closer to them. 

Europe has regional and international support and was always planned that way, NA always had very poor international support since  NA meant "American" , however it never meant "the world" , people should actually be happy that they aren't as strict in using IP blocks as some other regions .

Like I said many times, if Gameforge didn't have this Gold Pack thing, or actually made it work in a better way, most of EU players would've stuck in playing there. It's not easy to just change regions and abandon everything after investing so much time here, but I get your point. 

Archived