Balanced Servers

GenericUser10601

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

NCSoft has never been able to maintain race balance.

Take heart, though, there is the "Buff of Losers" (to quote DN A Governor). Eventually that buff will get so high that even outnumbered factions will take Lakrum.

@mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT posted about this, the buff that applies is still the old buff pre 6.X which one becomes useless because the new PvP passive gained at lv 76, so add it to the know issues post >_<

2 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT posted about this, the buff that applies is still the old buff pre 6.X which one becomes useless because the new PvP passive gained at lv 76, so add it to the know issues post >_<

can confirm I think the buff is broken.  LAst night Lakrum it was still lvl 1.  There has been 1 take and last night was second defense so normally it woule of gone up to 2 which it hadn't anyway.  So there is no buff available yet

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 9:15 PM, DraaKeeN-KT said:

@Cyan any chance to work on a Balanced Server? 

Katalam no asmos

Danaria no elyos

Ereshkigal as a new server has a rate of 3:1 Asmo/Elyo. Any chance to get numbers? Cause probably in like 2-3months you guys going to merger this server with another at the way we go. Same what happend with Kahrun/Beritra server

well this is a hard thing to fix... 
Why? well because you can't force ppl to join or move to a server. At some point there might be a solution in merging EK with KT, but that's way into the future, since the hole reason player went to EK si to avoid being matched with opposite faction from KT or DN (gear gap difference). And this still leaves the DN problem. 

Now from what i understand you don't want EK to merge. well then bad luck. You can't force people to join a certain faction either. Truth is, balancing a server is almost impossible, unless you start restricting the server. For example no more new registration on EK asmo. But you can do that either in reality. What if i want to join EK on asmo because my friends are there? + there is always the possibility of creating the same or a bigger imbalance, but on the other side. Let's say Elyos are getting incentives on making new account on EK. then too many join EK on elyos and you get a ratio of 1:3 Asmo/Elyos. This happened on Siel for a short period of time.

As you can see your problem, tho very legit, it's a pretty tough one.

Nah, the solution is pretty easy, since the total numbers seem pretty even. Ereshkigal is a new server, so NCWest won't do anything, or people will really rage.

In 6 months, NCWest will announce a plan for a merge, without specifying which servers will be affected (like what happened last time). After 9 months/1 year from the announcement (when people will start to leave at a higher rate), they will merge all the 3 servers. And balance is done.

4 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Why not make the balaur race playable hue. If we can't strike a balance between just 2 factions surely the 3rd one will even the numbers! Surely we can make a nice looking balaur toon too.

Well i know what you mean. i have asked myself this ever since i started playing aion. Mainly because the previous MMORPG i played had exactly that system. 3 factions (realms) that were fighting among st each other and keep a balance. IF one realm became too strong the other too would make alliance to bring them down and balance the server. But you can't do that in Aion, simply because the game was not meant to do this. I doubt there is either the desire or the capability of doing something like this.

@KallSu-KT the problem seems easy from a players perspective. but in reality it is not. This was explained at some point on EU #AskAion. And even if this is a solution, as i said it's not gonna be viable for now. the topic was to fix the balance issues now, not in 6 month 1 year from now :D 

Archived