How about them Enchanting Rates in 6.2?

Rag-DN

So I been hearing a lot of complaining about Enchanting Rates for this patch, so decided to sit down and test a few things out...  boy was I shocked....

Now granted I think enchanting shouldn't be too easy otherwise there'd be no challenge in the game, but these rates are...well they're just depressing.

Trying to enchant my Legendary +10 gear from 10 to 15 I have used over 200 legendary stones on 1 item and still have yet to see it go past +12.

Ancient gear - the best I've seen so far is using 42 Ancient enchantment stones to go from +0 to +10 (656,124 kinah) 

What about everyone else? What do you guys think of the new enchant system and rates?

It's "RNG RNG RNG" that's what I tell ppl who ask me about enchanting xD anyway was that on NA or EU?

I managed to get legendary Genesis crystal weapon to +15 already (~40 stones maybe?) but it greatly depends on RNG... Myself I got 12 fails in a row when trying to enchant ancient piece 10->11 

@Ele-DN it won't help you much as 6.5 increases only the success rate for ancient gear with ancient stone, others are like 3% which not much

1 minute ago, Magistone-KT said:

was that on NA or EU?

.... ....... Well considering this is the NA server forums.... I think you'd be safe to assume I did this on NA servers....

5 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

6.5 is probably a LONGGGGGGGGGGG way's out... You can't expect players to sit around for 4-6 months just using the starter gear or praying for NCsoft to give away PVP weapons for events.... 

I agree. We can't wait until 6.5 to enchant things. Not if we want to stay competitive. That's really a non-answer.

The enchant rates are not good. I have failed on +1! lol. But I also agree that's it is RNG. I have had some pieces just go straight up and others fail and fail and fail. Enchanting has always sucked. This patch is no different.

The problem with enchanting is NC took away our ability to choose, before we could use lower stones and save kinah but accept a lower rate or use higher stones, pay more and accept a capped 80% rate. Supplements also were a by choice matter, using greater supplements and Omegas net a 100% rate but cost a lot.

Now everyone is stuck with the same option.

That's terrible.

Just an anecdotal story and not proof of anything! Maybe this will make people feel better about their RNG.

I got a gold PvP staff on an alt. She had 49 gold PvP stones. I used them all on that gold staff and it is now currently at .. +4. That's right! 49 enchants to get to +4. It never got above +6 and actually failed three times in a row to go from +0 to +1. Stunningly bad RNG!

tenor.gif?itemid=9312979

Why does a game have to be like that though? Make enchantment stones 100% success, but they only drop from hard to kill bosses, and can't be sold on BCM, To a player trying to get good it's horrible to not know how much money you will need to spend before you can get your gear how you want it, could be 100, could be 1000000, that rng stuff is the worst idea anyone who designs video games ever had in the world. People who make games like that must have bad gambling problems, and think that kind of stuff is fun. I spent soo much money on this game just trying to get a pure plume, then they just delete it, umm,  can I get my money back then? No, forget it, I'm the sucker that fell for that trap, maybe I deserve to be ripped off.

Archived