PVE set for physical classes

Matsukamy-KT

Harvester's from BoS is the downright winner, I believe. But Apollon (CoE/ToE) is not too far behind. In terms of easier sets to get, I have been rolling with Mythic AC ever since 5.0 came out. It seemed to have lower defensive stats last time I checked it, but at the time, it was the only Archdaeva set (other than Kroban) that gave physical offensive stats.

If you are an assassin, your gear path is basically Apollon set -> Harvester set

Armor

Superior stone socketed CoE (Apollon set)-> Enchant this set to +10(later 15)->

Resocket manastones with Archdaeva manastones +7 or above (power cap with +7 is about 300/ 170 for precision; by then you should socket attack 5/crit 8 or 6/9s)

Weapon choice

The best before harvester is double sophisticated frigida weapons(dagger/sword)

Double apollon(D/S)  is fine if you can't afford frigida wields and give enough stats

Once you're done with apollon, work on the Harvester set for best in slot pve gear.

4 hours ago, Lumin-IS said:

1.  Harvester's from BoS.

2. Sophisticated Frigida from Dredgion Defense.

3. Apollon's from CoE/ToE

4. Kroban's from FP.

Sophisticated Frigida set has no offensive stats for physical classes. At least armour, not considering weapons. Kroban set cannot be obtained anymore.

14 hours ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

But isn't the conditioning price a killer in that set ?

Conditioning costs of Harvester / Ancient Fallusha gear is the same as (Holy) Apollon and Labyrinth / Holy Maze gear.

Full list of conditioning / augmenting cost of all gear:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mn8HUDKMyx2GRJTYnx2DnjDE0pRgRctgrg1Y5NFF0Qw/edit#gid=0

For offensive PvE armor, the most important attribute is a high level of enchantment. Especially dual wield classes such as Assassins and dual wield Gladiators.

Each enchant levels adds 1 to your base weapon damage, which are affected by +% damage skill buffs (including passives).

Can be achieved more cheaply using low daeva gear (level 65 or under). Ideally it should have some +attack bonus and 6 manastone slots.

Good luck enchanting your Archdaeva gear though...

Apollon gear has slightly more offensive punch than Sophisticated Frigida, but IMO, Frigida's added durability outweighs the tiny boost to crit and acc you get from Apollon - and as you can see from above, every Frigida has +4 attack on it.  It didn't used to, but that was changed with 5.6.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:36 PM, Anjo-SL said:

If you are an assassin, your gear path is basically Apollon set -> Harvester set

Armor

Superior stone socketed CoE (Apollon set)-> Enchant this set to +10(later 15)->

Resocket manastones with Archdaeva manastones +7 or above (power cap with +7 is about 300/ 170 for precision; by then you should socket attack 5/crit 8 or 6/9s)

Weapon choice

The best before harvester is double sophisticated frigida weapons(dagger/sword)

Double apollon(D/S)  is fine if you can't afford frigida wields and give enough stats

Once you're done with apollon, work on the Harvester set for best in slot pve gear.

how to calc that 300/170 number Nabjo

is that 300 = socket 30 slot with power +10 (5 pcs of gear)

thank you

8 hours ago, Peto-BR said:

how to calc that 300/170 number Nabjo

is that 300 = socket 30 slot with power +10 (5 pcs of gear)

thank you

you can view your power and precision in your character profile by pressing P. 

It is equal to your class's base power and precision values+ essence points+ socketed archdaeva stones

I would consider 300/170 to be the soft cap for power/precision and you'd only break these values if socketing tier 9 or 10 archdaeva stones

I use https://aiondb.ru/ to check my stats before i socket my gear to see how much power/precision i should socket before it is better to use 5/8s, 6/9s, or 17/2s

Cuz bored and having little better to do while waiting for server maintenance.  Frigida is pretty much a waste of time if you can find a group of decent players to run BoS with.  Harvester gear is significantly better than Frigida, and unless you get lucky with your sanctum defense (get sophisticated gear boxes) or with your enchants (able to create sophisticated gear without using omegas) and your level adjust procs (or can spend a fortune on level reduction stones), or unless you crit proc your credit card, you are going to spenda ton of kinah (or irl $$$) enchanting and level reducing a set that is marginally better than Apollon and noticeably worse than Harvester (and other than the weapons is actually worse dps than Apollon).

Also, the +7 vs. +4 attack per piece for Apollon vs. Frigida may not sound like a lot, but +15 attack cumulatively is, while not game breaking, not insignificant (for most people that would be about +1% to +1.5% more attack overall ).  Apollon (assuming you can grind COE) also is a lot cheaper since it drops so often that you can build up an inventory of 4 or 5 pieces for each categorym (other than weapon) and yolo them to +10 with a mix of black stones, shiny black stones and greater supps (that you got from grinding COE).

On the power/precision vs. l60 or l70 att/crit composites, you will probably find more bang for your buck using 5/8s than power/precision.  YMMV, but you hit the soft cap Anjo mentioned pretty darn fast if you also have maxed essence points in power and precision (and yes it still exists; it was just made higher than it was pre-5.6).  I have found that a 5/8 (which roughly equates to +7.5 attack as compared to using power/prec or a combination of non-composite attack and crit stones) is better than a power +8 stone after you have socketed one or two pieces of gear with 6x power +8, and 6/9s are better than power 9 once you have socketed 3 or 4 pieces with 6x  power +9.  This is because, among other things, the added crit lets you not socket precision, and it also let's you use attack/hp food instead of crit/evade food, while still hitting the crit cap (for pve, you don't need precision if you are using apollon weapons...if you are getting parries/blocks/evades on bosses, it is because of the level difference penalty, not because of accuracy).

At some point, there is a patch that removes the soft cap altogether, but if you are playing diligently you are going to have a harvester set by then anyway, and will have long since forgotten your "starter" Apollon set.

Archived