"Ice Hot" Event, please!!!!

NoRest-KT

I got this survey about upcoming Events. If it is about Events in August, I wonder why there is no "Ice Hot" event in the list??I t's t my favourite Event, cause it gives scintillating cocktails. I was very frustrated in 2016 because NCSoft didn't make this Event. They had done it in 2013, 2014, 2015, and I want it back!! These cocktails are untradeable so I cannot give them to my new toons!

1ZAFMUU.png

I've been denied of the access to the forums for like a year, it would always write me "invalid login or password", and today I checked it on my other accounts and it was the same useless. Now on this account I suddenly got this new form of log in, will it work for all?  

https://na.aiononline.com/en/news/events/08052015-summer-blockparty-returns-2015.php

Is this it? Free drinks that slowly give DP is okay but its not really a forefront event that people would want. Any of the options in the survey are better.

I suppose its good that you linked the image that way I wouldn't have to do it.

Everyone should be voting for Kromede's revenge which was the event that had the instance Smodlering Fire Temple. It gave a decent amount of exp and rewards were top tier even after the nerf bat, and the community got the Ncoin flowing like crazy. It was amazing for community in particular me as I was the first on Siel Asmo to get +20 Provenance Greatsword on day 8 of the event. Easily the best from the lot.

The other two event instances Shugo Kingdom adventure and shugo Emperor vault were good for the time they occurred but how the rewards integrate with 5.6 content or even 5.0 content is a drawback.

The other 3 are not good for modern age Aion or just plain suck and this is why.

Giving Grove, had good community participation for the trees, however the execution of the event and the way it was rewarded was just bad. 1500 seeds to upgrade a tree, and only those who were in charge of upgrading it actually got something good. The rest of the player base with tier 3 trees (fully upgraded trees) could use 200 or so fertiliser or whatever it was and get absolute jack.

Alchemy was good at the time, its concept and execution were sound though the latest iteration was not fair on players in regards to drops and most of the time it was just level 60 superior mana stones back when it was 4.9. It was outdated then and if it comes back I'm not if the 100 level 60 manastones are gonna change. I just don't trust the return of the event. Severely nerfed drops, and lack of decent rewards.

Purple Reign shouldn't even be there, arguably the worst of the lot. Very difficult to acquire the 10 flags and often or not it gave bad rewards, or rewards that were not worth the effort. Those who invested Ncoin into this for the Boxing outfit skin and boxing motion and there were quite a number, ALL got trolled.

TL;DR Vote for Kromede's Revenge.

20 minutes ago, Johngunmad-SL said:

https://na.aiononline.com/en/news/events/08052015-summer-blockparty-returns-2015.php

Is this it? Free drinks that slowly give DP is okay but its not really a forefront event that people would want. Any of the options in the survey are better.

Yes, this is it! Yes, this is my main account and I was lucky to get this new forum interface by opening BCM window in-game, going to Buy NCoins and clicking on Aion in Games tab. Because I still cannot log in to my NC account normally through a browser. :( I'd like it to be fixed too!! 

As for the events, you should make a difference between ones giving stats (bonuses, boosts) and ones giving visual effects. Ice Hot is mostly about visual effects and it's the ONLY event in Aion that ever gave us green and blue scintillating drinks/foods!!! Some other events used to give yellow and red ones  - playing cards, male and female gifts from Valentine event in 2014.  Look how beautiful are the green scintillates on bikes!!

Blue too, and they all are beautiful! Please give us these drinks again!!

You guess I can hardly use red and yellow tradeable scintillates to my new green toons, cause they are green and only look good with green ones!! I tried yellow ones on some characters, while others had greens, and those with yellows were looking bad!!

PS: If NCSoft doesn't want to do Ice Hot because it's not much interesting to players who want to get boosts/increase stats, then please put these drinks to BCM, for those who want visual effects!! I would gladly buy them!! Or/and put them to Luna Workshop!! Just give us their scintillating effect, not DP, not increasing healing/attack/casting speed!! Because it's dangerous to use them together with other healing drinks, in whatever order - these scintillates get suppressed by other drinks, you just spend them in vain and don't get any visual effect!! Also, DP is not looking beautiful, compared to the scintillates themselves or together with them, and we can use Cippo Aether Jelly if we do want DP. I often need to stop and morph stuff to get rid of DP while recording my video with these scintillates, it's difficult to do it in flight, need to land.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there would be no harm done to have this event running along with some others, as it is for the most part just for cosmetics, but I doubt you will find many people who will support this idea. Most people don't care about the aesthetics of their toons at all, and just want to make as much kinah as possible from events or enhance their PvP Gear.
Also, +1 to that login issue. Same thing with the old forums - haven't been able to log into the Aion website for the past 8 months - can only access forums from ingame BCM - and its driving me nuts.

• 1 month later...

Hey, please don't be silent, would you please put these scintillating cocktails on BCM??

On 8/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, Iskierka-IS said:

I think there would be no harm done to have this event running along with some others, as it is for the most part just for cosmetics, but I doubt you will find many people who will support this idea. Most people don't care about the aesthetics of their toons at all, and just want to make as much kinah as possible from events or enhance their PvP Gear.
Also, +1 to that login issue. Same thing with the old forums - haven't been able to log into the Aion website for the past 8 months - can only access forums from ingame BCM - and its driving me nuts.

BTW I basically get more event stuff when people receiving it don't care about it and sell it on the broker. It used to be so with this event - I bought very many Ice Blocks (the cheaper things, for cocktails), and I used to sell Ice Picks that I happened to loot (more expensive things, for regular prizes). 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the event, but level 76 for both quests... Had me very stressed to level several toons very quickly to 76 for the sake of these scintillating cocktails! Passing the Tiamat campaign is especially hard!

Also, I would like some purple scintillates too!

Also, I would like it that not only Chanters with mantras and their group members in 25m radius could see the lights but any class of characters!!  (Why did they create them so they're not seen without a chanter????)

Also, I would like that the bug is fixed - if a character logs out with this buff and then logs in again, this buff disappears!! All other buffs remain, except of transformations! Transformations are short, but this scintillating is 30 min and so valuable, very sad to lose!!

Archived