Fortress Buffs

CacophanyMLP-DN

8 hours ago, CacophanyMLP-DN said:

The buffs are super important for a faction to TAKE the fort. But why do they get to keep their buff after a win, why can't it go to 0? 

That is really a short-sighted question.

So let's back up.

"Race Balance" has always been a problem in Aion. Even as far back as 2010, you had factions that were -so- outnumbered that they were unable to take any fort at any time. Many things have been tried and this particular buff is by far the most effective to help factions with fewer numbers (or just fewer sieging numbers) to be able to take forts. 

So think of the buff as a numbers multiplier for sieges. Each server should find it's equilibrium with the buff boosting the strength of the dominated faction so that they count the same as the gear and numbers and coordination on the dominate side during a siege.

Think of a scale. The devs put their thumbs on the scale to make the factions equal.

Considering that, forts should change hands every or every other siege. That's -fair-. Don't you want to play a fair game.. at least as far as sieges go? 

On DN (before the recent transfers), the balance was between a 3 and a 4. Elyos would usually win Lakrum with a 4 and usually lose it with a 3. After the recent transfers it looks like the balance is between a 4 and a 5. (Keep in mind that wasn't only because of some geared Asmos transferring in, but also geared Elyos transferring out.)

If they do what you want, @CacophanyMLP-DN, The Elyos on DN would take Lakrum when the buff is a 5 and then lose it the next vuln when they had a 0. They wouldn't win it again for 4 more vulns. Imagine that. Imagine how that would make you feel if the situation was reversed? How can you even think that would be fair?

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That is really a short-sighted question.

So let's back up.

"Race Balance" has always been a problem in Aion. Even as far back as 2010, you had factions that were -so- outnumbered that they were unable to take any fort at any time. Many things have been tried and this particular buff is by far the most effective to help factions with fewer numbers (or just fewer sieging numbers) to be able to take forts. 

So think of the buff as a numbers multiplier for sieges. Each server should find it's equilibrium with the buff boosting the strength of the dominated faction so that they count the same as the gear and numbers and coordination on the dominate side during a siege.

Think of a scale. The devs put their thumbs on the scale to make the factions equal.

Considering that, forts should change hands every or every other siege. That's -fair-. Don't you want to play a fair game.. at least as far as sieges go? 

On DN (before the recent transfers), the balance was between a 3 and a 4. Elyos would usually win Lakrum with a 4 and usually lose it with a 3. After the recent transfers it looks like the balance is between a 4 and a 5. (Keep in mind that wasn't only because of some geared Asmos transferring in, but also geared Elyos transferring out.)

If they do what you want, @CacophanyMLP-DN, The Elyos on DN would take Lakrum when the buff is a 5 and then lose it the next vuln when they had a 0. They wouldn't win it again for 4 more vulns. Imagine that. Imagine how that would make you feel if the situation was reversed? How can you even think that would be fair?

Given the current state of DN, there is not a single asmo who believes in a "fair" game. That's if you would consider fair or at least a  healthy  game to be be forts flipping every other siege and/or the map not being dominated by one color, a world boss being taken by one faction, or the beginner instances being regularly camped by one faction.

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Given the current state of DN, there is not a single asmo who believes in a "fair" game. That's if you would consider fair or at least a  healthy  game to be be forts flipping every other siege and/or the map not being dominated by one color, a world boss being taken by one faction, or the beginner instances being regularly camped by one faction.

Sorry but a lot of us are veterans of Israphel server where elyos enjoyed a 5 to 1 advantage for about 6 years. Every time an asmo complained on these forums they were met with elyos response of "get better leadership",  "stop complaining noobs", "try harder and show up more often" and the best "asmo are quitters" but now that the shoe is on the other foot for a few months elyos are QQing like no tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

This game was favored to elyos upon release and many years on most servers and you are crying about it now? How many more buffs do you want? Games aren't fair.

Let me be like the elyos back then.

Don't like it? Quit.

50 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Sorry but a lot of us are veterans of Israphel server where elyos enjoyed a 5 to 1 advantage for about 6 years. Every time an asmo complained on these forums they were met with elyos response of "get better leadership",  "stop complaining noobs", "try harder and show up more often" and the best "asmo are quitters" but now that the shoe is on the other foot for a few months elyos are QQing like no tomorrow.

Sorry, but so many asmos bring up IS over and over and over again. You know's funny? How many asmos played Elyos for years. What's also funny is some Elyos also had an IS asmo. So don't assume that you're necessarily talking to someone who has only played the game on a dominant faction.

4 minutes ago, Reel-DN said:

This game was favored to elyos upon release and many years on most servers and you are crying about it now? How many more buffs do you want? Games aren't fair.

Let me be like the elyos back then.

Don't like it? Quit.

and who is crying or asking for buffs? Just pointing out that what some people are posting isn't the reality. On DN, fort's aren't flipping in what some people would call a "fair" way. Asmos usually control various maps, or block instance entrance, and take the world boss. It isn't crying, it's a statement of fact.  I would guess the reverse is likely true on KT.

By the way, I was playing "back then" I doubt very much that you were.

32 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Sorry, but so many asmos bring up IS over and over and over again. You know's funny? How many asmos played Elyos for years. What's also funny is some Elyos also had an IS asmo. So don't assume that you're necessarily talking to someone who has only played the game on a dominant faction.

and who is crying or asking for buffs? Just pointing out that what some people are posting isn't the reality. On DN, fort's aren't flipping in what some people would call a "fair" way. Asmos usually control various maps, or block instance entrance, and take the world boss. It isn't crying, it's a statement of fact.  I would guess the reverse is likely true on KT.

If only they would admit why they transferred to certain servers rather than have an excuse to transfer to a dominating faction on that server.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

I have played this game since launch in NA and l know how much this game has been catered to elyos before they started evening out both factions.

Archived