NCsoft Q2 earning - Lineage 1 increased 142% more sale,Aion still the lowest

Neleth-KT

PS.Aion don't have something like wow patch that can increased the sale like Lineage 1 maybe a classic server with modernize mechanics or battle royale will work I don't know o_o but as I see now current korea patch 7.2 isn't the answer will wait and see what next patch bring  :o

This is as expected.

NCS was wrong. I already imagined that the ranking reset strategy would not bring a significant result in the short term, but I still think that in the long run the reset will have the opposite effect.

Why?

Because those who put money in AION to stay in the rankings already realized that it's not worth doing.

The Reset just destroys effort and investment.

Now. The recycling of positions will establish a different culture of behavior. No put money, just play.

Another important observation is that with the deconstruction of the game and the transformations, people will not invest in cosmetics.

I think there is no longer really interesting put the real money in the game. Do not exist ... nothing is good to buy. So I think the next results will be even worse.

27 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

This is as expected.

NCS was wrong. I already imagined that the ranking reset strategy would not bring a significant result in the short term, but I still think that in the long run the reset will have the opposite effect.

Why?

Because those who put money in AION to stay in the rankings already realized that it's not worth doing.

The Reset just destroys effort and investment.

Now. The recycling of positions will establish a different culture of behavior. No put money, just play.

Another important observation is that with the deconstruction of the game and the transformations, people will not invest in cosmetics.

I think there is no longer really interesting put the real money in the game. Do not exist ... nothing is good to buy. So I think the next results will be even worse.

I don't think the GP ranks are the main cause of this downplay

The game is dying plus we're a the very end of a Patch, one of the worst ones - if not the worst - in 10 years.

I don't know what could save Aion at this point. I think nothing will do

26 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

I don't think the GP ranks are the main cause of this downplay

The game is dying plus we're a the very end of a Patch, one of the worst ones - if not the worst - in 10 years.

I don't know what could save Aion at this point. I think nothing will do

Lapis makes a good point. I agree it's not the GP ranks but I do agree the transformation system is part of the big blame. We always see a big slump at the end of patches though, especially this mess of a patch. I know there's people who will disagree but I like 7.0 a lot better than 6.0 and there are some changes that bring some needed variety. The problem is we don't know how much our version will be nerfed. As Lapis said, idk what will save Aion if it continues on this path. They need to start listening to the player base more.

42 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Lapis makes a good point. I agree it's not the GP ranks but I do agree the transformation system is part of the big blame. We always see a big slump at the end of patches though, especially this mess of a patch. I know there's people who will disagree but I like 7.0 a lot better than 6.0 and there are some changes that bring some needed variety. The problem is we don't know how much our version will be nerfed. As Lapis said, idk what will save Aion if it continues on this path. They need to start listening to the player base more.

Which you think is correct way ? I'm talking about major core of the game not just transparent scrolls and skins in BCM that we keep asking and they kept ignoring.

Honestly I think they need to bring luna skins back if possible bring all maps(Not all but most)that they deleted or instance portals that they deleted and set mobs inside lv 80.
Abyss don't need to come back but Ingggison/Gelk sieges need to come back along with skins that farmable with siege.NPCs dyes crafting organizers that got deleted need to come back too.Kinah needs to tradable again,all white must be tradable.Leveling needs to be a bit harder and daevanion skillbooks should be tradable.Transformation can stay but needs to be toogle between your chars and transform.

Which is your way you think they should do I wanna know :)

Above all, I'd like to see better tradeability of things and less ridiculous broker fees. I'm f2p because Aion's prices don't make much sense in my country - and that's fine, because I could still contribute to the game monetarily by giving my kinah to people for whom Aion's prices make sense to spend real money on. However it seems that NCWest are oddly determined to have none of that because BCM is extremely slim pickings, trading kinah for stuff is slammed with questionable broker fees and what ever happened to that talk about tradeable prestige, and if that's too hard to implement, can we please and thank you have the instance boost pack back?

As patches go, I liked the tail end of 5.whatever just fine - after they sorted out the leveling to be a bit less insanely grindy. Add perhaps a cap on enchanting so it doesn't get astronomical and yeah, that was fine in my book. Gear was accessible, there was stuff to do, and Norsvold and Iluma were crazy pretty. Too bad my client would often crash in some of the spots where pvp was almost guaranteed but eh, crashes are a part of the complete Aion experience so whatever.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

5RCBVJQ.jpg

I'm actually surprised about BnS's drop. Seems a bit massive to me compared to the past quarters. But their world championshiop started end of July, so they might recover there again. 

Aion is still the lowest one... but stable.

6 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Leveling needs to be a bit harder

I've been playing the closed beta for Astellia these past couple of days and I actually remarked to my boyfriend, "I appreciate that these mini-boss mobs are actually a bit tough to kill instead of just one-shotting everything like in Aion." Aion is just SO. EASY. to level up now. It's boring. :( They went from too hard to too easy; there's no in between.

Archived