Make abusers pay for extra entries and then unban them?

Arhangelos

Make abusers pay for the extra entries and unban them?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be better for the company to simply make the abusers pay for the extra entries and unban their accounts?

• Yes, since this game cannot afford to lose players and since they pay for those entries, then it is no longer abuse.
    • No, because abusers are those who kill the game since forever and everyone need to know that "abuse" means ban to avoid the hustle in the future.
    • Other/ I am not sure / Who cares

I totally understand that the trouble they caused to company, and the fact they had to disable a key pvp instance is hurting the game, so banning them was like justice.

But in a game that has so few people, banning those players might be bad for the game itself. So if someone did +20 EC in one day, there is always a way he could have done it the legit way, by paying with lunas or getting a reset scroll (if they still exist). I remember these reset scrolls cost 160 NC coin.

So give them some temporary bans so they learn their lessons and then allow them to pay for those extra entries with 160 NC coin per entry to un-ban their accounts (paying with luna would be impossible because it is in-game currency and your accounts cannot be accessed). This way they would be paying the biggest amount for the re-entries, they would be paying for the crimes, help the company get money and be back to game.

And put their accounts some sort of a point for abusive behavior, so if they ever do another abuse they simply get a permanent ban, this way people will think twice before they abuse a glitch in game.

They caused me trouble too by kicking me and making me refrain from entering EC just to avoid the stench of abuser, but at the same time if they pay for those entries they are paying for their abuse.

---

Vote and then write your comment, if you disagree with someone keep it polite or at least keep it funny.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Most people are unbanned already.

Then why are so many people still complaining? I know there are people who got perma bans and others who abused it and still got a suspension. This is creating more problems of trust with the company.

And it also throws mud in the faces of those who didn't abuse, we are still the victims here.

11 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That's unrealistic on every front.

This is just the same/similar treatment NCsoft gave the people who abused the instance entry bug back in the EB Online days. :|

But if they get 14 days of ban like BigSexyHook got right above your comment, then what is the punishment here? I do not know how much he abused it but if someone abused it and took advantage of that then 14 days is nothing, nobody can get geared in 14 days especially now that EC is not even out and we are missing a key instance.

If they pay for the extra entries they actually purchase them all and that is no longer abuse. Everyone can do 20x Ec per day if they want as long as they pay for those, the abuse was that they did it for free taking advantage of a glitch.

4 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Your questions are biased, because you put there reasons to vote yes or no, and there are plenty different reasons to vote yes or no in something like this.

I am making a proposal here and I put my thoughts in the first post, but at the same time I provide a poll to see if people are agreeing with my thoughts or disagree and everyone is free to post their thoughts in the comments. As for the additional info on yes or no, I simply put the most written reasons I read int he forums. If you have an addition you can simply comment on this.

My post is a summary of most arguments.

I mean on total, NC will unbanned those ppl whoever p2w with no questions, but ppl whoever work so hard get least chance. I dont understand why they dont even care about hacks at all but EC. Is it really a big matter? You can get your fragments from pvp instance now, so I dont really think that EC is a big matter anymore, let them pay for it. So we got ppl keep playing the game, and as NC, you punished them by luna(money), isn't that way a lot of better, win win.

53 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But if they get 14 days of ban like BigSexyHook got right above your comment, then what is the punishment here?

i don't intend to sound aggressive is all in good spirits LOL, but...

Maybe you don't understand what the punishment is because you don't play the game anymore ?  xD

like really nyerk ? the First Legendary, The First Non P2W Kaisinel The Ex Asmodian KT Governor needs to ask what a Raid Boss Ticket is ? 

so the punishment in a 14 day ban is a 14 day ban lmao...
not being able to play, and to lose the current progress and future progess too, like losing Arena of Discipline seasons, 3 seasons of Crucible Spire, my current Great General Season rewards and also not being able to get higher rewards in next seasons too, missing Stigma enchant event, besides all the normal content.

also the EC exploit is not a Magic Wand of instant Gear, if some people got fully geared was because we were prepared beforehand, i alrdy had 5500 fragments, 250M AP, 4k ancient, 500 legendary and 60 ultimate PvP stones from 6.X, the Bottleneck was the Ultimate Etium, and you know what, NCwest forgot to add it to instances remember lmao...

The ban is the punishment if you do not like it do not play the game simple. If players call up or contact support via email and get a perma ban reduced to a 14 day ban then that has nothing to do with anyone else but the company and the player involved

2 hours ago, BigSexyHook-KT said:

i don't intend to sound aggressive is all in good spirits LOL, but...

Maybe you don't understand what the punishment is because you don't play the game anymore ?  xD

like really nyerk ? the First Legendary, The First Non P2W Kaisinel The Ex Asmodian KT Governor needs to ask what a Raid Boss Ticket is ? 

so the punishment in a 14 day ban is a 14 day ban lmao...
not being able to play, and to lose the current progress and future progess too, like losing Arena of Discipline seasons, 3 seasons of Crucible Spire, my current Great General Season rewards and also not being able to get higher rewards in next seasons too, missing Stigma enchant event, besides all the normal content.

also the EC exploit is not a Magic Wand of instant Gear, if some people got fully geared was because we were prepared beforehand, i alrdy had 5500 fragments, 250M AP, 4k ancient, 500 legendary and 60 ultimate PvP stones from 6.X, the Bottleneck was the Ultimate Etium, and you know what, NCwest forgot to add it to instances remember lmao...

And as I said I do not know how much you abused it and good thing you didn't get perma ban because if you saw my posts here I always said whatever the punishment is, it shouldn't be a perma ban. When I said what does a 14 day ban do I meant it in the case of other people that abused it more or less but somehow got away with a suspension. Since the gms never gave a list of how the decisions were made we can speculate many p2w whales probably only got a suspension due to them paying a lot and being "good custoemrs"

And yes I am not active. I just do some lunas afk in my account when I am near the pc to get me some free lunas (I dont' do that daily obviously), and then I just do pvp instances to simply gear my sorc. I am not even going to demaha for anything.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Since the gms never gave a list of how the decisions were made we can speculate many p2w whales probably only got a suspension due to them paying a lot and being "good custoemrs"

I know 2 that got perma's so i think this throws your theory out the window.

That requires even more work on NCsoft's end, especially since it involves RL kinah, which means accounting department shit.

I imagine their accounting and legal departments are already busy dealing with the whales who I nearly guarantee filed a chargeback with their bank/card provider (automatically keeping their accounts permabanned with no chance of appeal, anyway). The last thing NCsoft is going to want to organize/work on is a way for players to pay them back. It's not as simple as it sounds, and a ton of players would protest at how many runs they'd be charged for (because "I dIDn'T dO ThAT mAnY. NcSoFt tOTalLy FlUbBeD tHe CouNts tO gET moRe MoNeY"). :/

What game has allowed players to pay them back? I can't readily think of one.

4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Blackdesert did this actually. If you bought items from CC hackers your account was locked till you paid back what you owed

Oh nice. At least there's one game that did it!

Do you remember when we had the stolen credit cards being used by gold sellers to sell the bundle pack things items? Good times. DX

23 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That requires even more work on NCsoft's end, especially since it involves RL kinah, which means accounting department shit.

I imagine their accounting and legal departments are already busy dealing with the whales who I nearly guarantee filed a chargeback with their bank/card provider (automatically keeping their accounts permabanned with no chance of appeal, anyway). The last thing NCsoft is going to want to organize/work on is a way for players to pay them back. It's not as simple as it sounds, and a ton of players would protest at how many runs they'd be charged for (because "I dIDn'T dO ThAT mAnY. NcSoFt tOTalLy FlUbBeD tHe CouNts tO gET moRe MoNeY"). :/

What game has allowed players to pay them back? I can't readily think of one.

They somehow found out who did X amount of free entries to make the bans, they should give two options: 1) get perma banned or 2) pay this amount for free entries you did and we forget aobut it.

This is even worse with the payment refund request, NCSoft should have thought about this option before all those perma banned whales simply get their money back. It hits them even harder the fact they allowed a glitch to run for so long, the fact they took so much time to deal with the abusers, and eventually taking not the most smart decisions for justice.

anyway, I doubt anyone will ever change this now. And judging by the poll outcome more people want them perma banned :D

54 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

This is even worse with the payment refund request, NCSoft should have thought about this option before all those perma banned whales simply get their money back. It hits them even harder the fact they allowed a glitch to run for so long, the fact they took so much time to deal with the abusers, and eventually taking not the most smart decisions for justice.

See...the fun thing about this is...

NCsoft can dispute the chargeback and get the money back, especially in the amounts the whales have spent. They won't pursue someone who chargeback'd $100, but $20k? Hooooboy you better believe there are going to be some lawyers and accountants involved.

19 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

See...the fun thing about this is...

NCsoft can dispute the chargeback and get the money back, especially in the amounts the whales have spent. They won't pursue someone who chargeback'd $100, but $20k? Hooooboy you better believe there are going to be some lawyers and accountants involved.

*casually pops popcorn and prepares for the fire storm*

side note: i swear there's more active ppl on the forums then actually ingame lol

13 minutes ago, MintyR-DN said:

*casually pops popcorn and prepares for the fire storm*

side note: i swear there's more active ppl on the forums then actually ingame lol

The worst part is we probably wouldn't see the firestorm on the forums or in game. :( We'd have to have people tell us about it on Discord, and I'm only kind of sure the whales doing the chargebacks and having to fight NCsoft are going to stay quiet about it and claim they got their money back.

And maybe!

Archived