Keep the renown reduction change

Ele-DN

I agree, even without the weekly deduction, I am still almost level 9 in Lakrum (and like almost 7 in Gelkmaros). The deduction needs to be removed for good or highly reduced to a fixed number (like -50k FXP per week for levels higher than 3 or something)

I also really like it. Ive been trying to farm up renown to get to level 9 in Lakrum... and god it is HARD. I cant even imagine what it would be like going from 0-9 with it on. Or what it would be like at level 9. I do agree with the fixed number reduction, as well. I do feel it is very broken to allow someone to get to level 9 and stay there. So a fixed reduction would be nice, and maybe increase it slightly depending on the level. Like 50k level 5, 55k level 6, 60 level 7, 65, level 8, 70 level 9. The partial reduction completely takes away any farming done by players that week. I would be Kata level 7 half way to 8, and then partial reduction happens and im level 6 at 80%. If it does stay, the amount reduced should be lower, or at a fixed rate like @Arhangelos-KT said.

575.8k weekly renown deduction for levels 5 and above are too much

If you earn 1.15M renown per week, with that deduction it will take twice as long to level up renown past level 5

If you earn 864k renown per week, with that deduction it will take 3 times as long to level up renown past level 5

Note: weekly renown deduction for levels 8 and 9 are not known at this point, because I reached level 8 only after the weekly renown deduction was temporarily disabled

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

575.8k weekly renown deduction for levels 5 and above are too much

If you earn 1.15M renown per week, with that deduction it will take twice as long to level up renown past level 5

If you earn 864k renown per week, with that deduction it will take 3 times as long to level up renown past level 5

Note: weekly renown deduction for levels 8 and 9 are not known at this point, because I reached level 8 only after the weekly renown deduction was temporarily disabled

I imagine that once you reach level 8, to get to level 9 you might need months and you have to do as much FXP as possible religiously otherwise you might lose weeks worth of progress.

The FXP from mobs is also pretty little.

I think they should still have some kind of reduction each week so that it makes people play the game and not afk in town all day.  But i do agree that the current deductions are way to high.  I think something along the lines or 200k FXP at the higher levels is probably the high end to me.

The whole system was designed to push their auto play feature which is a conditioning mechanic to transition the players out of PC and in to the mobile game when it releases. They plan on cannibalizing all the players from Aion PC in to Aion 2 the mobile game. 

If NA is not getting the Korean bot program added to our region then we should not have a reduction system at all.

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The whole system was designed to push their auto play feature which is a conditioning mechanic to transition the players out of PC and in to the mobile game when it releases. They plan on cannibalizing all the players from Aion PC in to Aion 2 the mobile game. 

If NA is not getting the Korean bot program added to our region then we should not have a reduction system at all.

In short they made it so you can't reach level 9 just by quests, you need your char to auto-farm while you sleep, wake up 10 hours later and you char has killed 5k mobs and you are getting a lot of FXP.

and this is where they war against bots ended... them making a legit bot so everyone can bot legally!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Tomorrow (wednesday) KR got the renown fix.

https://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=937218&categoryId=0&viewMode=list&size=20

And as for NA, if we can get and not get full patch that KR get, like nerfed titan coin drop and no auto hunting, then, theres also no point for renown reduction fix.

Lets hope they do not fix this any time soon for us. We are really fast at nerfing things whether regionally or globally, but when it comes to fixing errors or bugs that affect and downgrade our experience we have them running unsolved for months.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:30 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

In short they made it so you can't reach level 9 just by quests, you need your char to auto-farm while you sleep, wake up 10 hours later and you char has killed 5k mobs and you are getting a lot of FXP.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:13 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

I couldn't agree more! Nobody I've talked to wants to see the botting system implemented on our servers, and if we don't get the botting system there is no good reason we should have the reduction system either.

Archived