[Poll] Bonus Experience Event

Fest-DN

[Poll] Bonus Experience Event   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find that the experience event gave you access to enough Marks of Experience/Bobo Gems to meet your weekly needs?

• Yes
    • Almost, but not quite (Looking at you, Apostle Shards/Daevanion Essence)
    • No

Just wanted to make a quick poll so @Loki and @Kibbelz can reference it for player feedback as our exp event comes to an end. The primary question that I hope will be taken into account is what I have asked in the poll. Experience Marks serve as a primary f2p progression resource for a lot of people and it came up a lot in the initial feedback thread that we simply did not have enough experience gaining activities to cover even a reasonable portion of the marks needed each week for meaningful progression. Now that we've had several weeks of blissful boosted exp, it's time for more feedback!

I think there is also some room for discussion here regarding the price of certain things on the renown vendors *cough* Apostle Shards/Daevanion Essence *cough*. Though this may be addressed with 7.5 part 2, who knows!

(I waited until we had a maintenance thread before posting this in case they were going to do a poll of their own but *shrug*. Also the next event has a smaller, far more sporadic exp boost element to it, feel free to comment about that as well over the next few days.)

I replied "almost" because there are so many things to spend the XP marks on, one can never have enough of them. I believe however that this XP boost should've been made permanent since there are no way we can afford Renown items without it, the XP gain is too low.

Let's give some examples of some most useful items cost :

1) Ultimate enchantment stone (lvl7 Inggison) x15 marks

2) At least one Demaha box, 5 rerolls 2+4+6+8+10= x30 marks

3) 30 ultimate etium weekly = x10 marks (there are also fighting spirit fragments and legendary etium that I didn't count here)

4) Leibo protection for Lugbug weekly = x2 marks

5) Stigma enchantment stones, 2 per week, 5 marks each = x10 marks

6) Daevanion skill box (Demaha) = x7 marks

7) Daevaion mark of knowledge 4x3 = x12 marks

This list is far from exhaustive but already that makes a total of 86 (!) marks per week ! You'll need to fill up your XP bar 43 times for this and spend up to 48 millions of kinah on experience extractors ! So I would say the amount of XP we get with the event is just right, less means you can only afford like 15 marks per week and be happy with that.

16 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm pretty sad that our XP event is over. I was able to buy Daeva skills while it was going on, but probably will have to be more selective with my purchases now that it's gone. :<

Yeah this was the big one for me, I was so glad to be able to finally get my skill boxes >_<. Seeing the lack of exp now is so violently disappointing. The rates didn't even feel excessive (which the poll so far reflects as people didn't even feel they had enough to get everything they wanted), I basically got the bare minimum that I would consider reasonable progression and had none left over for bobo gems/some stretch goals. If I was a player returning/just starting I would have found the boosted rates during the event to be a fair base rate to work with. Going back to unboosted is a nightmare :l

Bumping this back up as the first week of normal xp ends, I'd like to hear how everyone did with their progression goals. I think the biggest change for me this week was realizing how much less motivated I was to do stuff out in Gelk like farm up my ice creams n such. Getting 3-5 marks for those grinds was a good motivator (normal mobs gave about a mil xp each during the event). Now it just feels awful again, only made worse by the lowered Titan Coin rates.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...open world mobs drop XP amulets now?

Yeah, decent-ish drop rate. 10 min duration. Good for popping after a luna daily before you pop your orbs and such but ultimately amounts to very little. Account warehouseable at least *shrug*.

1 minute ago, Fest-DN said:

Yeah, decent-ish drop rate. 10 min duration. Good for popping after a luna daily before you pop your orbs and such but ultimately amounts to very little. Account warehouseable at least *shrug*.

Well thi is something, I would suggest people to keep those for a future passive XP event. They stuck nicely and multiply each other.

What did players do for Xp did they farm an instance that dropped high XP or did they go around throwing bombs at those open world hunting mobs maybe kill elites in igg/gelk/sc? I dunno what people would of done for XP would be interesting to know tho since i was not playing.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What did players do for Xp did they farm an instance that dropped high XP or did they go around throwing bombs at those open world hunting mobs maybe kill elites in igg/gelk/sc? I dunno what people would of done for XP would be interesting to know tho since i was not playing.

Lower Udas Temple is the best for exp and requires no gear. Bomb mobs, too.

Elite mobs in Gelk/Ingg/Silentera are a option, if you're geared and can kill 'em quickly.

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Silentera elite mobs have lower defense than Ingg/Gelk elite mombs (11,209 vs. 13,400) while having similar HP and XP (for grade 5s - some Ingg/Gelk grade 4s with lower HP and XP)

Can I just take a moment and thank you for all the info you've provided over the years? You're great. We all love you. I literally cannot count how many times I've been like "HMMM WHAT'S THE ANSWER TO THIS OBSCURE QUESTION???" -> Cowleve Thread -> Solved.

Thank you my knowledgeable bovine friend for your years of service <3.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

We all spammed the shit out of Udas Temple. With the XP event, you would get 2-3 full bars of XP. Also, Luna daily/weekly ofc.

Archived