KT bugged (breaking news)

Gabrielis

3 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Since they don’t know the exact origin of the bug, they cannot prevent it from happening. All they can is to restart the server asap

This is true but it does not happen to DN right? Could they not just copy DN's working server code to another machine, Delete the characters on the new machine so people do not get duped characters. Move it to the machine KT is on and import the KT characters in to that server?

I know they want to have a fix for the issue but they can keep that broken code on a floppy disk(joking but some other storage device) and fix it when they find the issue in the code.

I feel like they have all this extra hardware lying around since they shut down older servers for other games and Aion anyways so they could use them.

2 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is true but it does not happen to DN right? Could they not just copy DN's working server code to another machine, Delete the characters on the new machine so people do not get duped characters. Move it to the machine KT is on and import the KT characters in to that server?

I know they want to have a fix for the issue but they can keep that broken code on a floppy disk(joking but some other storage device) and fix it when they find the issue in the code.

I feel like they have all this extra hardware lying around since they shut down older servers for other games and Aion anyways so they could use them.

Whatever they can or cannot do, I assume that it’s possible in the era humanity planning expeditions to Mars and other planets, to fix a simple server bug.

I know this is frustrating to KT players -- and I hope they get it fixed asap for you guys -- but it IS good news. Because at least now we've pretty much confirmed that the KT server only has a 4-day lifespan. We suspected since the last two times we've had weekend maintenances, but it has happened a third time now, so it looks pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

because that means someone has to be there on weekends.

now there need to be someone anyway cause normally it breaks down on sunday

19 minutes ago, Innira-KT said:

serious suggestion, why don't you make scheduled server reset every Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday, gonna fix temporarily the bug and the player base gets more PvE runs and stuff yay

in order to not make them work on the weekend it should be monday and friday

2 minutes ago, Axanar-KT said:

now there need to be someone anyway cause normally it breaks down on sunday

There was nobody there on Sunday, this is why we got bugged server for 12 hours or more every Sunday. Someone had to get notified and had to go to the headquarters to do the reset.

Transfer the main maintenance from Wednesday to Monday and then do a second one on Thursday

34 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I know this is frustrating to KT players -- and I hope they get it fixed asap for you guys -- but it IS good news. Because at least now we've pretty much confirmed that the KT server only has a 4-day lifespan. We suspected since the last two times we've had weekend maintenances, but it has happened a third time now, so it looks pretty clear.

We've been experiencing these bugs for MONTHS now. Non stop, every week. To the point where people could almost predict when out "first" weekly maintenance will be... its so bad that its started to be called a maintenance, with instance resets. This is the WORST day for this to happen. Now were losing the 150% dop rate buff, and the xp buff. That may not even get extended. So its like this day is gone to waste, and the buff is pretty much a DN server exclusive thing. 

We need this buff to be expanded, at least on KT. I was going to do PFHM and SLNM today for the accs, and now I cant even do them. And im stuck in silentera, and I cant return because then I go to Griffeon and im stuck there and can only go between sanctum and Griffeon and oriel. 

Having the servers bug over the weekend is horrible, but today specifically is much worse. It takes them like 5-6 hours minimum to fix the issues it seems, so thats time were losing with these buffs that may not come back any time soon. Its no longer a 'yay were getting instance resets' because now were actually losing something very valuable. 

What in the nyerk are ya'll doing over there at NCsoft?  Put down the anniversary cake and fix your servers.  Post something so the community knows you're aware of the today's issue and working on fixing it.  Also, extend the buff for KT, and some kind of compensation for this disaster.

2 minutes ago, Wondrous-KT said:

What in the nyerk are ya'll doing over there at NCsoft?  Put down the anniversary cake and fix your servers.  Post something so the community knows you're aware of the today's issue and working on fixing it.  Also, extend the buff for KT, and some kind of compensation for this disaster.

that's kinda hard for them to do communicating with the community

6 minutes ago, Wondrous-KT said:

Conspiracy theory — they spilt the cake on the servers... 

2 hours ago, Innira-KT said:

serious suggestion, why don't you make scheduled server reset every Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday, gonna fix temporarily the bug and the player base gets more PvE runs and stuff yay

It seems you think they are smart and responsible people doing their job... I guess there is the mistake. 

We have no GM inside the game. Hime, Skittles and the other guy are not activelly reading the forums. And even when they read something, they never take that to somebody else. In many years I never saw nobody taking something from here as a real feedback. 

Archived