Aion remastered speculation

Nalariel

This topic is base on leak from a week ago nothing confirmed or any evidence supporting this is even happening I hope this would be constructive suggestion to NCsoft if they really doing it.

Hi first I would like to point out one thing every major patch they giving us more and more powerful gears and skills but we still feel weak despite that because they upgrading mobs together with our gears too. At this point most people will agree Aion is spam spam until everything dead.

Let's me define what's fun first ,fun is something challenge that you need to do more than spamming skills ,afk or farming with millions of alternates to get geared only found out your opponent died within 5 seconds. Is that even fun ? so yep to have fun you need to use your skills in gaming because if your money or your gears do all that jobs why you even playing ? As good as let your bot running or just watch live stream it would produce a same result.

Another thing that let people have fun is customization ,people love to choose their own ability instead let the game telling what to do .In 7.0 that fun limited greatly by made some stigma passive(cleric) that's really stupid move after 4.8 let people choose stigma freely but then we had a big regressive try to simplified everyone to single build(best build)

A game like Ragnarok Online let you do whatever you want like if you're a rogue you can use skills with bow or dagger at your choice or if you're a wizard you can go tradition magic or critical melee dagger if you want each build got their own perks some builds a bit better than others but not outperformed so much.

We don't need more classes or super damage skills with super low cd. We just need more weapons and their unique abilities with it maybe produce special effect with that weapon. It's just like like a new class but without working entirely new skills. Could combine with certain armor types for greater effects(I know it's locked since 6.0 but they can always unlocked)

Fun doesn't equal with best p2w best gears in game but fun is ability to customize and do whatever you want no matter how silly it's.

Ok back to remastered topic.
I stated this many times already but remastered priority should be nothing but optimized to run on low end computers without bad graphics and upgrade characters visual that's all.
If you going to upgrade monsters because our weapons/skills stronger then you need to upgrade their visual (can be simple as recolored) and their drops. Not stronger mobs but their drops still shit meh >_>

And remastered should base on classic version because Aion that most people fall in love with was classic not live one. We do want to see Elten(desert with some trees please) ,Vertron ,Theo(more green and some water too please) anything that gone because stupid decisions back.

I believed they try to unified live and classic story at some point depend how successful of 8.0. But everybody know with massive RNG Aion have now + removed contents skins since 6.0 if they don't do something about it ,don't ever expected 8.0 will change anything(whatever profit or players) it will be another failure because of greed.

And stop trying to get Aion to involved mobile now when live version can't even survived. Aion alive now because classic.

I'm done xD I hope you will get them read this @Kibbelz Thank you😈

Another classic oriented thread.

No shade but these threads end up driven away from the main issue, people argue about what makes a game good vs bad, they make comparisons with other games, others debunk the comparisons, others insist and provide more comparisons and then everyone ends up talking a different topic to the original post.

NCSoft is letting Aion die. For them it's more dead weight than anything else. All they have to do is develop any other crap with the name "Aion" for mobiles and wait for the PC platform to die. Simple business decisions based on current realities.

Some interesting info regarding this:

If you do some research on plaync's job hiring website they are hiring for game designers and animators for new Aion projects (as well as many other non-Aion projects).

However, what caught my eye is that some of these job postings included the hashtags #gameconsoledesign. So it is my speculation based on plaync's job postings that they are planning on porting Aion/othermmos over to game consoles.

I'm sorry @Arhangelos-KT but it's really hard to avoid to talk about classic because nothing positive about retail right now :P

If we forbid people to talk about classic or any speculations at all I think we won't have anything fun to talk about Aion at all.
In fact mismanagement problem didn't only happening to Aion but kind of all NCwest games right now.(probably other companies too)
Maybe misunderstood bad interpretation of our suggestions or simply don't care causing this we never know o_O

I didn't force them to take my suggestions ,I just explain the core of the game is fun and how I interpreted it. It's their choice to do whatever they want or even listen.
They spamming events madly but the main problem isn't free stuff but simply the game isn't fun right now.

I believed anything can be fix once they understood what's the problem and how to migrate it to better changes.
Anyway once again @Kibbelz please let them know even persist if you have to xD

The issue Arhangelos is talking about is this is a reworded repost of the same posts that come up in the forums every few weeks its going to end the same way. One thing you are not understanding is not everyone defines fun the way that you do. You must take this in mind when making broad assumptions of the playerbase. Also people seem to forget Aion 2 is under development from NC this is most likely what it is referring to. Honestly the video was taken down shortly after it was posted it didn't last a day this is because it was pure speculation but even the stuff that is on test server has a strict NDA and I would not want to mess with the NC legal team. tbh from what I saw and heard at least its all speculation with no evidence of truth based of information we already have which is spotty at best. So I would not pay it any mind and wait 3 weeks for the new update to come to Korea and the future information for Classic 1.7 and other things to come around the same time

Yes I understand it wasn't everyone definition of fun ,it was my interpretation in fact there's no universal of fun or foods it's depend on each person. But for a lot of people including me live Aion is far from fun.

Sure I want to talk about something else but there's not much to talk about Aion live I think there's not even a hype about Aion 8.0 even on EU forum.
If we don't talk about Aion classic at all it's like avoiding talking about Covid now. Even NCwest give free boost to every character even everyone get free ultimate transforms I don't think it's going to revive live version Aion. The game isn't fun it's the problem with the core game itself but mismanagement of NCwest helping deteriorated it rapidly.

Everyone knows main issue of it is RNG ,loot boxes ,p2w. If NCsoft don't deal with those issues(which is the fundamental of live Aion to make money off whales). I don't think we can fix anything it's like we can do anything excepted moving the big elephant out of the room 🤑

I'm not interesting in Aion 2 at all because it dedicated itself to mobile(Nobody know what it has became ,maybe soft remake as a cross platform?)
Even we ban everyone from talking about classic and pretend classic never existed I don't think that will save live version from declining.

Anyway I just discussing this as a constructive suggestion to NCsoft and meanwhile as a fun talk about a rumor(It always fun to talk about rumors because it's not happened or confirmed if things confirmed already what's the point of talking about them ? I hope you understand this thank you ^_^)

Well here it is as far as we know for sure new update happens in Korea on the 21st of this month they said they will be revealing the upcoming 1.7 Classic info in the coming weeks along with more info on what is actually in the new Apsuranta patch coming to Aion. The test server for the small amount of content creators that went to HQ  are under NDA agreement until later so the info is not available besides what NC has said on it. EU is not even the same publisher who goes by their own rules so not to be mean but who tf cares about EU and whatever EU players like or have to say about anything since they do not have any say in the game at all. There are plenty of content creators and broadcasters talking about the new update on streaming platforms blogs and other media. Classic is no different from live has its own plethora of issues and tons of complains filling the "forums" on their site too people aren't overly happy about Classic either.

The only thing that even makes remote sense about the leak which did not say anything about Aion 2 is the information they say they have is not any type of new anything it is probably Aion2 and also like Lineage and BnS they have had talks previously about dropping Yeti and porting Aion to mobile instead of just using the streaming platform of Yeti they already closed one of the service platforms they had previously. There is a BnS coming soon to Console so it also makes sense that it is possible that Aion as well will have a console title that may be stand alone but is probably more crossplay whether is Live Classic or the Aion2. They never stated for sure that Aion2 was strictly Mobile only and going by the other Mobile games they already have I doubt that it would be a just Mobile title seeing as there were plenty of rumors on info that there was an Aion console concept that was leaked back when they were first introducing Aion2 idea.

I hope this information appeases your desire to talk on rumors but this is all extremely old information and if you are not the type to actively follow Aion or even NC's projects or confrences I can understand why you don't know about these things because you as well as many people probably are the type to wait for clickbait type fantasies to pop up in a language you can understand rather than actively following what the developers actually put out in their own words

Here is the short and sweet Classic is if you have friends to play with you can enjoy the game if you don't you will hate the experience and you will quit like tons of other people who have quit and either stopped playing Aion completely or they went back to Live to play to wait for the problems in Classic to be fixed.

Does this sound famailiar? It should because that is for the most part exactly the way people here on Live feel. The game sucks unless you have friends around you to make playing with people you enjoy to make it better. Getting all the different things in game are annoying, long, and grindy but this is no different from many other games. They have made many event giving out free stuff to make this easier and they are continuing to put out quality of life changes to smooth out this rocky and long journey of gearing but at the end of the day if you don't have people to play with to enjoy the game it feels bad. This is exactly how Classic feels 100% there are so many issues with Classic that people can write the same mind numbingly repetative posts on the forums complaining about this and that but its no different than the people who complain about Live.

Hi thanks for reply ^_^

Yep I did not following actively about Aion live version ,because I didn't pay attention to it much because it keep giving me disappoint so it's better if I don't hope anything about it. I'm not going to talk about Yeti since it's just basically another form of cheap mobile port lol. I believed Aion 2 already mutated into Aion remastered but still I hope they would bring only graphics update from it not gameplay itself(mobile you know dun dun dun). Aion console (ps5 ? xbox?) I have no opinion about it yet since I never owned a console last one I had was DS and it had no online game :D (But yes I hope console can at least have better experience than touch screen)

And yep classic had a lot of troubles in their times too (at least in p server experience) but it's far more fun than live despite that 😃
I did read about Apsuranta but nothing much about it excepted it promises it will give everyone things to do(different goals pvp/pve?) but I like that they finally adds some trees in the desert.

Edit:

I did tried live and classic and I say I prefer classic but let's not turn this into another classic vs live war thread :D
The main issue of live is RNG, loot boxes and p2w if we can eliminate that I believed it would be a fine game too. I believed when we talking about live vs classic we're actually talking about p2w vs no p2w xD

This is where I would completely disagree with you p2w in this game is barely anything, nothing you can pay for you cannot get in game in some way nothing is bound by the cashshop. The things that you can pay for are all things that people do not wish to spend time grinding endlessly for but this is not p2w. You can say that the issue of being gated by weekly quests and content and only being able to collect X amount of said items per week makes the fact you can pay for more of these items from the cashshop more of an annoyance but that is not p2w that is paying for the convinence of having more resources to try your hand at progressing faster but it doesn't gaurentee the progress is faster. The items from the cashshop do not give you better enchant rate they do not give you anything but more attempts the more you pay into it.

The rng is in every game and even present in Classic Aion all the same as it is in Live. things still need to be enchanted and socketed

Well it's ok if you viewing it as not p2w. I'll accept your reasons.
But thank you for your reply and your conversation I really appreciated at least it made the forum alive :P

I would be bore AF if nobody discussing anything at all 😘
I hope there would be more information and more leaks(even completely stupid and totally baseless)so we can discussing about it again ^_^
Actually I'm doing my dailies on another server I hope you would enjoying your Aion as I'm doing as mine 😃

To end the discussion at that the rumor is honestly just a dream and fantasy created as it was. You cannot stat that something is true and from a legitamate source from inside NC and not expect to have to take down the video as they had to do. I told you the information I know that is public knowledge if you follow anything that NC does and puts out in Korea but Korea is the Developer the other Publishers have next to nothing they can do to truly change the game just make minor tweaks. So unless NC says the information you can take all the speculation with a grain of salt because first there was zero evidence backing the claims and second makes next to no sense compared to the information we already have about the Aion project in development

If we think for just a minute if we have Live and Classic with Aion2 being still under development I do not see how some new title or anything could somehow be supposed to make it out before the previous released info on working project to be released. This just doesn't make sense at all

Yep this is purely speculation it doesn't have any evidence to supporting it's happening. I even have a doubt myself about reliable about the source.
But as I stated since the start of the topic it's just a discussion for fun(Like alternate possible reality in a fiction) and a constructive suggestion to NCsoft.

Let's me resaying this again "do not take this thread as a fact it's just merely fun speculation about hypothetical Aion remastered" xD

Well I would definetly recommend you to go check out the YT channels which are plaync for the released projects and 엔씨소프트 (ncsoftofficial) and just watch some of the videos and just follow up on the offical news from the company since you are very into what is coming as far as projects and development. The offical page will be the better one to see whats coming but plaync just post a lot of the trailer and things for Classic as they are released which also interests you. Additionally going back to find videos on the confrences talking about the projects like Aion2 and going to the aion plaync page and looking through the Notice section

I would like to discuss more but I'm kind of late of my daily now :P

If you wanna talk more I guess I'll be back to discussing later. For now let me enjoy the game :D
Sorry if your friends or anybody you know took this thread as a fact please tell them it's just a fun speculation just like gossip you know it doesn't meant to take as a fact it's just kind of a fun talk that you often talk with your friends that what might possible.

Next time I'll make a big and clearly text about speculation before people took it as a fact ;)

There're some couple things I want remastered to considering is any ability to self resurrection and no soul sickness thing.

Can we just not have this ? It made death in game pretty much meaningless everyone just possessed by Rambo spirit and keep kamikaze everything until everything death.
Sure Rambo stuff fun just go berserk and genocide everyone but this is pretty much the beginning of spamming everything, ultra fast leveling you know a big regressive. Casual doesn't mean spamming or close your eyes and press random buttons and win. Casual means you can learn basic and play the game but you can keep getting better and better to kill faster and better survive when you play more(No one hit KO from bosses I mean casual can kill boss too but taking longer for lesser rewards).

The biggest question to whatever classic or live from now is how NC going to make money ,also a question to themselves how much money they will content with. I'm sure we will reach at 4.6 point in classic server we all knew what happened after NC created 4.8 and everything went down hill because p2w road even now NC still trying to persist on p2w nobody know what monetize plan going to be in 8.0. It's not stupid to try to port Aion to mobile and console but it's very stupid when you try to reboot and make Aion to all platforms  without base on anything specify. You should start out with something first(I recommended PC) then port can do later when reboot is success.

We should considering stop speed run thing and if we going to monetized anything it must not be anything that make leveling speed faster or  anything spam could be anything like amulet that stop you losing AP ,temporary buff increase atk/def (just a bit but help if you're new) it's really fine if everything from shop going to be tradable as long as  you selling it doesn't matter if I buy it directly or buy it from someone else who bought from shop. Should focus something like skins that can use infinite times (You know not many people will buy same skin twice once used you can't put it to sell on broker) it's just fun if you can change your skin everyday it would be boring if you wearing same clothes everyday because it's so expensive >.<  Dyeing weapon would be nice too can sell it as a new feature selling from shop :P

More housing styles(outside) would be nice too instead only European style house, you can have Chinese ,Roman ,Turkey ,Russian(Onion Church yes xD) ,Indian ,Japanese ,Castle like stuff even retro one like Bioshock(Art deco) you should treat housing as another form of character customizing.

As a housing enthusiast I would like to see animating stuff in my house such as lightning or fish tank or just neon sign.
People saying in Wildstar housing is the endgame content but I never got a chance to try it ,it quite amazed me how popular housing in Wildstar was.

Anyway thank you for now have fun everyone ^_^

The point where I was having THE most fun in AIon was before the gear giveaways...You worked and earned your way.  

Give me the world that was.  The full old abyss, The fortresses in Baluria, Sarpan etc.  And get rid of ALL pay to win, pay to level faster anything.  No XP tokens, no XP weekends.  I'm ok with gathering/crafting tokens... there are craft grinds that are stupidly long!  Increase respawn rate on gatherable's so players can actually get stuff MADE without having to go to RMT's to get the Kinah to afford the mats because they can't gather them on their own fast nuff to matter and make it flat impossible to exchange kinah directly between players.    I want the cheaters GONE. Players who cheated ruined the game for hundreds if not thousands of players back during AIon's heyday on the NA servers.   And please do something about small character getting attacks of faster due to animation exploits.  It takes away from the game and it makes it unfair.   World PvP (rifting) was horribly abused and also drove players away.  Learn THAT lesson.   

I will pay not a mear $15 a month or $20 per month but happily pay $30, even $40 per month as a sub fee to get what I want in a subscription based MMO.     And I'll bet REAL money I'm not alone in this regard.   NCSoft collectively has learned quite a bit over the years about running an MMO.  That AIon classic is just taken off in Korea is a strong clue that most of these pay to win grab your wallet systems are not popular with the player base. 

Technically the net has evolved and so has computers.  I won't be playing the game on a Core Duo with a 4 meg video card that I had when AIon first launched in NA.  Thesd ays I'm running I'm running an win-10 based i7@3.2Ghtz with 12GB of FAST ram on a Rampage III MB with a GTX 960 with 2 Gig GDDR5.. And I will be upgrading the Video card as soon as supply of newer cards increase and prices drop a bit.   And yea, my comp is a little dated!  I put it together like 2 years ago on a tight budget and these days it's near low end for a gaming rig.  I got Fiber Optic internet.  Life isn't to shabby.     

Get us Classic, but get us a BETTER classic.  To much to hope for that I'm to be bombing in with a Aethertech, Gunslinger, or Muse but ya know, I can live with that.

P.S. I'm looking at my 64th birthday this year.  I KNOW what I want in an online multiplayer game and I very much know what I DO NOT want from long and sometimes bitter experience.   I will make general rank again!  I may be getting older, and slower, but I've learned "Sneaky"!  Lets play!

5 hours ago, Bittena-DN said:

I will pay not a mear $15 a month or $20 per month but happily pay $30, even $40 per month as a sub fee to get what I want in a subscription based MMO.

I was just talking to some friends about this today and we all agreed  we'd pay for a sub even if it was a stupid price, so long as there was no P2W garbage, but we're all adults (at least in terms of age..)

I think having some form of F2P with moderate limitations could be good for server health though. MMOs need players and we know NC isn't a company that markets their games well this day and age. They just kinda let them ride and die.

Either way, I really want to play aion again :( there's nothing out right now to enjoy. I've just been grinding on EFT and League while in lockdown, trying not to off myself... lol...

Hi @Vinley-KT well I can't resist to say hello to you because I quite following on reddit too so I know what do you think about remastered :P

The point is I made this as more like a fun suggestion more than trying to make remastered more possible without an evidence.
But let's talk about p2w ,in fact any monetized that they going to add or planning to must not make buyers ultimately overpowers than free players counterpart(you know what happened when they made super p2w looks at live now xD), EXP amulets only acceptable as long as it can't be gift or tradable we don't want to promote speed leveling culture to majority of people. Make it short duration buff have some cd rather than running for 7/15/30 days. Make a lot of chain quests that giving something really good but not requirement(like funny titles ,unique skins ,unlock secret place where you can only go there when you did a series of place and have special things like a lot of gathering mats,farm color dyes or untradable hair style tickets even eyes color change) you know anything that made people exploring the game instead rushing to end game o_O

And yes you can play Aion classic (pre 6.0) now just not the way let say you quite expected xD
Instead of rushing @Kibbelz and NCwest I think you should playing other Aion in the meanwhile and come back when classic is actually here.

Thanks for reading :)

9 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Hi @Vinley-KT well I can't resist to say hello to you because I quite following on reddit too so I know what do you think about remastered :P

And yes you can play Aion classic (pre 6.0) now just not the way let say you quite expected xD
Instead of rushing @Kibbelz and NCwest I think you should playing other Aion in the meanwhile and come back when classic is actually here.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi lol

Yeah I mean... I don't want to play on private servers or other patches that I know I wont play long term because I might be less inclined to invest, or just end up burnt out by the time Classic releases, if it releases West.

The "leak" just sound too "Pie in the sky" for me to believe. I mean, if I were to sit back and think; what is everything I want from Aion? It's basically exactly what was in the leak, so how can I possibly believe it? NC is shareholder focused, so I really don't see large scale Aion investments in their portfolio unless it has some connection to consoles and/or mobile; and for that, it just wouldn't be the same game. On the current builds (Classic/Live) I think they can make more money with a cosmetic, convenience focused shop with a P2P system & F2P access w/ limitations model (good luck convincing them that) but it would require marketing the game to get more than diehard veterans into either Classic OR Live. Let's be honest though, moving that type of model to the current build in Live, where the entire game is progress-able through the cash shop? It would require a major rework and "reset" to the game and quite frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well I believed the leak not 100% but high enough 😛

I only doubt the source of it because I suspected that it was purposely leaked by NC themselves to throw a stone asking players what do they think about the plan xD
Well if you following my posts you will know what I think about 8.0 ,classic ,remastered so I guess I don't need to explain more.

I know you don't want to believe the leak because NC has a big history of deception(the biggest one of Aion is overhaul luna in 6.0). I'm fully understand that but I see no point if everyone going to hard push on classic to NA and make it come now. It's not like @Kibbelz doesn't understand what we want even Gameforge counterpart don't have ETA or anything else beside they said they talking.

I see if you don't want to play on private server because you don't want your work to wasted once NA released. But I would like also to point out if not playing making you depressing why not just playing it just to kill boredom you might learn a lot of things that you don't know. 😉 It's true you will lost your progress but knowledge and skills you learned from playing there will never gone away :D

Well thank you so much for reading cya ^_^

See, I was right about these posts always ending up on a totally different topic. I also never said to not make these posts, it is just that they are almost obsolete, our posts about classic should at least focus on "lets get classic". Because if we get it it will most likely be what Korea got with regional nerfs/changes for us.

At this point talking about classic mods is almost like roleplaying in the "Fan Creations" where people are allowed to dream of their imaginary Aion version with "has and haven't" to make it better.

Hmm "Fan Creations" ? well I guess you could be right  about that 🤣

Well I don't agree with you @Arhangelos-KT sure let's go the classic is primary but if no response from NC ? what we can do ? keep asking ?
It's like you doing same thing over and over and no response for me I don't know why would I keep doing that. It's quite depressing for me if I doing something and I got nothing but emptiness.

I really don't know what we going to say about Aion now beside get classic ,complain about events ,ultimate transformation hardly anything can be done.
Nothing really fun on Aion anymore ,we all stuck at home or get a deadly vaccine that fatally you ? o_O

At least I'm having fun with this fan creation please let me having fun a bit ? 😛

15 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Hmm "Fan Creations" ? well I guess you could be right  about that 🤣

Well I don't agree with you @Arhangelos-KT sure let's go the classic is primary but if no response from NC ? what we can do ? keep asking ?
It's like you doing same thing over and over and no response for me I don't know why would I keep doing that. It's quite depressing for me if I doing something and I got nothing but emptiness.

I really don't know what we going to say about Aion now beside get classic ,complain about events ,ultimate transformation hardly anything can be done.
Nothing really fun on Aion anymore ,we all stuck at home or get a deadly vaccine that fatally you ? o_O

At least I'm having fun with this fan creation please let me having fun a bit ? 😛

What I mean is that us asking to get the classic is pretty much the only thing we could ask for. The mods most people are suggesting are private-server oriented.

I like how in RU servers they have an NPC that offers EVERY single skin of the game from past up to now with specific coins that you get from killing end bosses, and that is in their retail version. A good way to make people want to do pve instances and enjoy the role playing aspect for the MMO-Role-Playing-G. But these people are running their game 100% differently than NCWest does.

If I could make an aion version it would be far different than retail and the existing classic ones.

Again: I am not against these posts, it is just they serve no other reason since getting classic to begin with is a far dream for us and even if we ever got it we would have literally 0% power on what will be implemented, as this decision would have to go against the retail servers and it would have to be 100% an economic-driven move for the prosperity of NCWest. 

When we ask for retail we ask for the fun of it, for enjoying it. NCWest won't simply bring an aion classic server for us to enjoy the good old days. they would have to inject every possible penny-sucking mechanics they could so as to get as much money they can from the hype before it dies as well.

Archived