Aion Classic Server or Client?

Guest WeevyWonder

Guest WeevyWonder

So will there be an independent client for Aion Classic or just independent servers? I want to create my character to reserve my gladiators name, so do I need install the normal Aion Client or is there and independent client?

Guest WeevyWonder

Okay ty! I was hoping for a new client, so now I have to download the normal client 🙄. Oh also, assuming I am able to log into my account, haven't played in a while, will I have to delete a toon or two in order to create a character? If so, will I need to have prestige in order to keep those 4 character slots open.

Guest WeevyWonder

Ok ty! One more question. On my main account all of my character slots are full and I will need to delete one. Will I need prestige in order to keep the 4 additional slots open if I delete one or are there 12 character creation slots by default. 

49 minutes ago, Guest WeevyWonder said:

Ok ty! One more question. On my main account all of my character slots are full and I will need to delete one. Will I need prestige in order to keep the 4 additional slots open if I delete one or are there 12 character creation slots by default. 

Prestige is not applied to Aion classic. It's a separate subscription method called Siel's Aura.

See and read https://www.aiononline.com/classic

Aion live servers are not the same as Aion classic, and for now you can only create 1 character per account until 23rd.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

On your NCLauncher2, click the Aion icon from the available games (remember to login to "North America" region). Near the "Play" button, there's gonna be a drop down menu -- as Coheed said -- and select AION_CLASSIC.

dont appear in my client 

Make sure you have selected North America when you launch the launcher.

unknown.png

Upon log in, click Aion icon on top left, and click the drop down menu. There's 2 choices, and click AION_CLASSIC. It's a separate client that's approximately 15 GB that you have to download and install.

unknown.png

8 minutes ago, WeevyWonder-DN said:

Um how do I get to the game settings in Aion Classic? I was just making my character so I figured I wouldn't be able to have the option to that. 

Can't do that yet, unfortunately. You'll have to wait til 23rd to be able to change those settings.

13 hours ago, Guest WeevyWonder said:

Okay ty! I was hoping for a new client, so now I have to download the normal client 🙄. Oh also, assuming I am able to log into my account, haven't played in a while, will I have to delete a toon or two in order to create a character? If so, will I need to have prestige in order to keep those 4 character slots open.

No, you don't need to delete any characters! When you select "Aion classic" instead of "Aion" you get to an empty account with 8 slots. The characters' names in Aion Classic also can coincide with  your normal Aion characters' names.

14 hours ago, Guest WeevyWonder said:

Okay ty! I was hoping for a new client, so now I have to download the normal client 🙄.

I think you don't need it. If you don't have Aion installed, just download the NC launcher, it's a separate process. Then launch the launcher, log in and select "Aion classic", it will make you download Aion Classic.

11 hours ago, WeevyWonder-DN said:

Um how do I get to the game settings in Aion Classic? I was just making my character so I figured I wouldn't be able to have the option to that. 

Unfortunately they don't give any settings right now when you log in to Aion classic, it's full screen and impossible to change it to windowed mode :( When I tried to make a screenshot of my character in the editor I just got a black screen in my capture. I tried with 2 different methods - by Irfanview and by  Yandex Screenshots that is bound to the Print Screen button. Both programs captured a black screen, probably because the full screen mode.  Then I went to my Aion Classic folder in Program files (x86) and... hmm, a normal screenshot was there.    But anyway I consider a full screen game very uncomfortable, I only rarely use it when inside the game there is something  very beautiful and I switch GUI off by F12, FRAPS is able to record in this mode. But the character editor doesn't react to F12.

It's impossible to change any sound settings  as well, so I had to listen to all those annoying GUI sounds while creating a character.

15 hours ago, Guest WeevyWonder said:

So will there be an independent client for Aion Classic or just independent servers?

It will require both, and an update to the NCLauncher to the latest version so it knows how to launch the Aion Classic client.

3 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

I don't understand what means "unlock an exclusive pet for reserving your account!" What pet? What is "reserving my account" if not reserving my character's name before others grab it?  Cause the game is empty now. 

"Log in to Aion servers on June 16th to make your character early, reserve your name, and unlock an exclusive pet for reserving your account!"

Maybe they mean that if you create a character on June 16, the exclusive pet will be a reward?

I created my character today. I didn't see any pet... Too late?

Archived