Aion Official Discord Openly Racist Admins

5s17B0E7

1 minute ago, 2s205613 said:

It's really clear English is not your first language. Talk to me when you have a better understanding, I'm not going to go over basic baby words, you shouldn't even have the opinion you have if you can't understand basic English. 

Language doesn't really determine the ability to formulate an opinion, but sick burn bro.
Keep yelling at those clouds.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 5s16519C said:

Language doesn't really determine the ability to formulate an opinion, but sick burn bro.
Keep yelling at those clouds.

...It actually does, if someone is posting something in a language I don't understand with nuances I don't understand...how can I form an opinion? 

Lmao dude just stop, you're embarrassing yourself it's sad. 

VVvpuUl.png

Racism right here on these boards.  Does that now make the entirety of NC, the moderators and all the people on these forums racist for these stupid comments?  No. 

It means this person is a jerk.  They're intentionally violating the rules and guidelines for the community, and they should be dealt with accordingly.  That's it.  That's all it means.  

10 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

VVvpuUl.png

Racism right here on these boards.  Does that now make the entirety of NC, the moderators and all the people on these forums racist for these stupid comments?  No. 

It means this person is a jerk.  They're intentionally violating the rules and guidelines for the community, and they should be dealt with accordingly.  That's it.  That's all it means.  

what an absolute reach.

You really aren't understanding the problem here.

We are in a Discord. Unofficial or not, it looks bad to have an NC employee there.

Picture it:

User A: *says something racist*

User B: *asks something Aion related*

NC Employee: *Answers User B*

User A: *continues*

To people who just join the discord, they see that the chat is toxic and sees that an employee is in the chat as well. Whether the employee said anything or not, it is a problem.
The discord represents a good portion of the Aion community. To have an employee in the chat as well while things like this are being said.... looks bad.

Unless the admins step up and stop acting like children, Kibbelz should exit. 

You're conflating not understanding with not agreeing.  It sounds like your issues are with the discord and the people who said these things.  Not sure why you're brigading Kibblez or NC about it, I don't agree that they have any responsibility here.

I'm not disagreeing that those things shouldn't be said.  I'm also not disagreeing that whomever said that shouldn't be in some sort of administrative role within said Discord, nevermind a member.  

Honestly, I didn't read all, but this world has a lot of people with different traditions, languages, cultures, etc. Stupid people exists everywhere but that doesn't mean that we should blame one person for being in a discord/place.

If someone insults you, raise a complaint to the person or responsible entity, creating a post here makes no sense (I'm telling you this with my best intentions)

On 6/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, 5s17B0E7 said:

The administrators of the official Aion Classic discord were openly racist against my friends and I. He called us the N-word and banned all of us from the server. I don't know why NCsoft thinks this is acceptable behavior from their admins in their official discord server.

Hey Trevyn,

Your trolling didnt work out on the server so you tried to do it here lol? 

Nice try little buddy, im sure you'll be a hit one day! Keep trying.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone. So I'd like to remind you all of the Code of Conduct, in specific the agreement to be respectful and cordial to one another despite any differences.

Although I've just issued some warnings, I don't practice heavy-handed modding with you all and I'm not interested in forcing the discussion to end acrimoniously via a lock. Please carry forward with respect for one another.

Well a lot happened during my midday nap...

Just to bring things back on topic, OP started this thread accusing admins of a discord of racism...which I feel everyone here is VERY much against. It's just that though, an accusation, and one without proof. Furthermore, that individual has posted only twice in this thread, the second time only to state that the CM has roles on the discord (which I understand are mostly to show that they are in fact the actual CM to ease the spread of information). 

I've actually gone back and did a search of the discord, and the only incident I found of racism was either joking about Asmo/Elyos racial differences being racist, or for a few individuals getting banned/muted for BEING racist or for saying racial slurs. 

Now there is plenty of immaturity that does happen in the ACN discord, but being immature isn't wrong and people are entitled to free speech. 

1 hour ago, Guest duh? said:

what an absolute reach.

You really aren't understanding the problem here.

We are in a Discord. Unofficial or not, it looks bad to have an NC employee there.

Picture it:

User A: *says something racist*

User B: *asks something Aion related*

NC Employee: *Answers User B*

User A: *continues*

To people who just join the discord, they see that the chat is toxic and sees that an employee is in the chat as well. Whether the employee said anything or not, it is a problem.
The discord represents a good portion of the Aion community. To have an employee in the chat as well while things like this are being said.... looks bad.

Unless the admins step up and stop acting like children, Kibbelz should exit. 

Except this didn't happen, as the NC employee didn't talk at all over the entire weekend, and by all accounts, User A was banned.

Hi @Kibbelz how're you ? I guess you're really busy and very stressing with the community and launching classic.

This racism issue is merely first issue that will following by many and many more ,you can see some people try to downplay it already I think you shouldn't join any unofficial community where you have no control I completely agree that you need to denounce it and yes there will be people who justified their bad deeds whatever hack, bots, ninja or whatever incoming you mustn't tolerate any of those.

I don't agree with locking faction creation you can't make people love elyos by forbid anyone making asmos ,I think it's better if we going to add elyos pvp def up to 90% compensate to overpopulation of asmos. If they want that why not give them hard pills :P

Always remember problems won't be gone if you just ignore them it will growing bigger and bigger until boom and everyone gone all it left is a ruin of nostalgia.

It's a huge responsibility I hope you will keep trying and don't give up 🖐️❤️

Guest Nexus
On 6/21/2021 at 3:14 AM, Kubei-DN said:

People should be grateful we have a CM that was willing to join an UNOFFICIAL discord server to provide us with news and info regarding classic. 

Lmao people being grateful? 

Should know better, people on here. Crying and moaning about everything. 

Kinda glad some of these people can't afford the subscription. Imagine the pointless drama these people would cause in-game. 

3 hours ago, Guest Nexus said:

Lmao people being grateful? 

Should know better, people on here. Crying and moaning about everything. 

Kinda glad some of these people can't afford the subscription. Imagine the pointless drama these people would cause in-game. 

They can cause drama in game for 1 hour

Archived