Server merge?

Suniko

Do you think it should happen?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will happen soon?

• Yes
    • No

No.

Both servers will continue to see less people logging in as every launch of any mmorpg. This is normal.

There was a recent post on reddit from the guy who created MyAion, there have been no big number drop offs in either server.

The only maybe possible thing I see in the future are sever transfers.

While the population of Israphel is lower than it was during the free week, it's by no means too low or even close to low enough to even need a merge. There are plenty of players to compete with for mobs, sieges see swarms big enough to lag people out, and have you been to the crafting hall?

7 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

No.

Both servers will continue to see less people logging in as every launch of any mmorpg. This is normal.

There was a recent post on reddit from the guy who created MyAion, there have been no big number drop offs in either server.

The only maybe possible thing I see in the future are sever transfers.

There haven't been any big drop offs on either server? You're kidding right?

Israphel is hitting below 1k people at night and and Siel is nearing the 1-2k at nights. Of course people will say "but it's active during the day you idiot".

However, everyone seems to be forgetting This is the end of Classic's SECOND WEEK. These numbers are god awful for a "new release" MMO on week 2.

Not to mention at least 500+ of these numbers are bots, I kid you not. The number of people logging in on off hours shows you how successful and popular an MMO is, this one is declining in huge numbers since launch.

To say there hasn't been any big drop offs in numbers is just pure ignorance considering the servers were up to 75% capacity on launch week and now have fallen below 20%

1 hour ago, Arazith said:

While the population of Israphel is lower than it was during the free week, it's by no means too low or even close to low enough to even need a merge. There are plenty of players to compete with for mobs, sieges see swarms big enough to lag people out, and have you been to the crafting hall?

Isn't it still more populated than Danaria or Katalam?

There are too many players on Siel atm. I can't Siege without DC.

However, I can siege on KT and DN no problems.

In fact, what would be better  is if a third of the players on Siel moved to Israphel.

7 hours ago, Khonsu-DN said:

There haven't been any big drop offs on either server? You're kidding right?

Israphel is hitting below 1k people at night and and Siel is nearing the 1-2k at nights. Of course people will say "but it's active during the day you idiot".

However, everyone seems to be forgetting This is the end of Classic's SECOND WEEK. These numbers are god awful for a "new release" MMO on week 2.

Not to mention at least 500+ of these numbers are bots, I kid you not. The number of people logging in on off hours shows you how successful and popular an MMO is, this one is declining in huge numbers since launch.

To say there hasn't been any big drop offs in numbers is just pure ignorance considering the servers were up to 75% capacity on launch week and now have fallen below 20%

Siel the most populated server never went over 50% capacity at any time during the first ftp week.

7 hours ago, Alvie said:

There are too many players on Siel atm. I can't Siege without DC.

However, I can siege on KT and DN no problems.

In fact, what would be better  is if a third of the players on Siel moved to Israphel.

Isra is extremely unbalanced E v A, the server is extremely elyos heavy so much that when they rift in morhiem they stay for hours because there is nobody to deal with the numbers and levels they are pushing, the abyss ranking clearly shows this as well. the top elyos legions contribution is about 3 times the amount of  the top asmo. I rolled on Isra as that was my original server on NA retail, and have since moved to Siel and leveling again as its impossible to quest in the contested zones as an asmo.

12 minutes ago, FallenArmageddon said:

Siel the most populated server never went over 50% capacity at any time during the first ftp week.

Isra is extremely unbalanced E v A, the server is extremely elyos heavy so much that when they rift in morhiem they stay for hours because there is nobody to deal with the numbers and levels they are pushing, the abyss ranking clearly shows this as well. the top elyos legions contribution is about 3 times the amount of  the top asmo. I rolled on Isra as that was my original server on NA retail, and have since moved to Siel and leveling again as its impossible to quest in the contested zones as an asmo.

As an Elyos on IS...I would love to see more active Asmodians, I just don't want the server to be as crowded as Siel is. 

8 hours ago, Arazith said:

There are seven Korean Classic servers and two American Classic servers.  

If you merged both American servers, the 24 hour peak online percentages of the merged servers (39 + 22 = 61) would still be noticeably behind the least populated Korean server  (71%).

American Classic has gone from "massive login queues on opening  day" to "at least the two servers combined are on par with one Korean server" to "the two servers can't even equal one Korean server".  Worse yet, that trend happened in less than two weeks.

15 minutes ago, Sioda said:

There are seven Korean Classic servers and two American Classic servers.  

If you merged both American servers, the 24 hour peak online percentages of the merged servers (39 + 22 = 61) would still be noticeably behind the least populated Korean server  (71%).

American Classic has gone from "massive login queues on opening  day" to "at least the two servers combined are on par with one Korean server" to "the two servers can't even equal one Korean server".  Worse yet, that trend happened in less than two weeks.

Well sieges must really suck on the KR servers if  heaps of people DC on Siel.

1 hour ago, Alvie said:

I don't think so. DCs have a strict connection with your ping. If the lag spike is huge enough dc can happen. There are plenty people playing outside of NA but in KR Aion the major playerbase are from KR so the lag spikes don't affect them as much

The initial queues were formed because the server was opened gradually in order not to crash (1k slots were opened every 3 minutes.. Have you really not seen it?.

The% of servers are NOT the same. Korean servers have less capacity! Example: in Europe the server has a maximum capacity of 5k slots while in America, if I'm not mistaken, it turns out to be about 9k so 10% European is equal to 5% American. If the Korean servers are 3k seats their 75% would be 25% for us. When will we stop seeing it without looking?

1 hour ago, 1s2F8C48 said:

I don't think so. DCs have a strict connection with your ping. If the lag spike is huge enough dc can happen. There are plenty people playing outside of NA but in KR Aion the major playerbase are from KR so the lag spikes don't affect them as much

It's nothing to do with ping. I look at my Internet traffic during a siege and it's trivial compared to the capability of my Internet connection. It's something to do with the Aion servers during a siege because my FPS is fine right up until the DC.

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

Aion Classic reminds me of the opening song to the musical "The Music Man"--several salesmen are talking about how business has changed, with one constantly insisting that "ya gotta know the territory!"

Aion Classic is a grindy MMO with P2W elements--as far as I can tell, both features are acceptable to most South Korean gamers. It is very ping dependent, which is acceptable when your target market is mostly inside South Korea (a country with great internet and that is slightly smaller than the state of Kentucky).  

In the Western market, "grindy MMO" is a niche market and "P2W" is seen by many to be roughly synonymous with "scam".

The Western classic servers are only in Virginia, but they're getting players from the west coast of the US, Europe, Brazil, etc. Even worse, NCsoft is banning IPs, which makes the use of lag-reducing VPNs impractical. It's never a good sign when a highly competitive game actively prevents players from trying to fix a problem that interferes with basic gameplay.  

And, just to drive the "gotta know the territory" point home, the news page tells new players all about the Daeva pass, which contains hated P2W elements. Marketing shouldn't emphasize how out of touch you are with the customer base. (And if that doesn't get the P2W point across, the players setting up player shops to hawk Tough Pink Tiger Candies certainly will.)

The launch of Aion Classic might have been a very different event if NCSoft had asked basic questions like "What can we do about ping times?" or "What monetization systems do American MMO players find acceptable?"

Instead, we have a $30 montly battlepass (which makes sure that any buzz about the game will be about P2W elements) and VPN bans that chase off hard-core players (you know, the dedicated players that actually LIKE grindy MMOs).

Maybe the candy whales will buy enough candy to keep the servers going. Maybe NCSoft will find a marketing scheme that doesn't make the majority of the playerbase flee for the hills. Right now, things ain't looking so hot.

23 minutes ago, Porgunz said:

The initial queues were formed because the server was opened gradually in order not to crash (1k slots were opened every 3 minutes.. Have you really not seen it?.

People were complaining about queue sizes of over 31k on opening day. Two weeks later and the neither server can hit the 4k mark. 

The% of servers are NOT the same. Korean servers have less capacity! Example: in Europe the server has a maximum capacity of 5k slots while in America, if I'm not mistaken, it turns out to be about 9k so 10% European is equal to 5% American. If the Korean servers are 3k seats their 75% would be 25% for us. When will we stop seeing it without looking?

If we assume the Korean servers are 1/3rd the size of American servers, then Siel would be worth 1.6 Korean servers, and Israphel would be worth about .9 Korean servers.

(If the ratio is 9k/5k, then Siel would be on par with an average Korean server and Israphel would be roughly a bit more than half of a Korean server.)

Also, these numbers assume that the downward trends stop and both U.S. servers stabilize immediately. Right now, even under the best possible assumptions, the western Classic market is roughly 1/3rd the size of the Korean market and falling.

In other words, the situation is still bad even if all of your points are true.

20 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

No, it won't. If they refused to merge Danaria and Katalam due to their low population (300 max with both servers sometimes), I don't see why would they merge IS and SL.

There is no cross server content here. That is why they probably do not merge kata/dana. In Classic there is no cross sever content, As far as i understand even dredge was not cross server.

34 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is no cross server content here. That is why they probably do not merge kata/dana. In Classic there is no cross sever content, As far as i understand even dredge was not cross server.

Doesn't need to be, the cross server stuff was to make up for the low numbers. Classic has WAY more players.

I don't know the population on Israphel, but Siel it's damn packed. It's really difficult to be even in the cities sometimes and let's don't talk about Sieges. Overall Classic has a lot of players, so I doubt that Israphel has low population, might be just a player perception. 

22 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Unless by half of player-base in 2 weeks to stop logging in is normal, then you are right.

From anyone else point of view, this means the game is bad, will soon be a ghost town, etc. 

As we speak, Israphel has less than 1k players online. Sure, you might say "but is Wednesday" or "is the hour bro", etc. Last week at this hour, there were like 1.5k+ players on Israphel.

Aaaaaanyway! A game with 2 servers with, and let me quote you : ...less people logging in - as with every launch of any mmorpg - , means 1 thing : Merging the only 2 servers they have soon and then .. there will be some whales, bots and...that's basically it.

Enjoy your Candy Crash Aion Online ORPG, without MM. 

10 minutes ago, Fanti said:

I don't know the population on Israphel, but Siel it's damn packed. It's really difficult to be even in the cities sometimes and let's don't talk about Sieges. Overall Classic has a lot of players, so I doubt that Israphel has low population, might be just a player perception. 

It's hard to tell atm because LFG chat is full of non stop kinah seller spam,  that squeezes out the normal LFG messages and chat. See if the filter helps after maintenance.

Eventually I will roll a toon on both servers, atm. the grind on Siel is enough to keep me busy.

2 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Unless by half of player-base in 2 weeks to stop logging in is normal, then you are right.

From anyone else point of view, this means the game is bad, will soon be a ghost town, etc. 

As we speak, Israphel has less than 1k players online. Sure, you might say "but is Wednesday" or "is the hour bro", etc. Last week at this hour, there were like 1.5k+ players on Israphel.

Aaaaaanyway! A game with 2 servers with, and let me quote you : ...less people logging in - as with every launch of any mmorpg - , means 1 thing : Merging the only 2 servers they have soon and then .. there will be some whales, bots and...that's basically it.

Enjoy your Candy Crash Aion Online ORPG, without MM. 

Yes, losing people that didn't want to  pay a sub to keep playing is very revealing...  I'm not sure it demonstrates what you're looking for, but it's very revealing.

But hey, if you're offering to rage quit, feel free?  Especially if you're flooding LFG with as much vitriol as you do here, because you're doing far more damage to those of us that would prefer to play w/out all the drama queens constantly ranting about this, that or the other thing.  I mean, it's like half of them are auditioning for a job as a kinah spammer.  They flood the chat just as much, with just as much gibberish.

26 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

---

But hey, if you're offering to rage quit, feel free?  Especially if you're flooding LFG with as much vitriol as you do here, because you're doing far more damage to those of us that would prefer to play w/out all the drama queens constantly ranting about this, that or the other thing.  I mean, it's like half of them are auditioning for a job as a kinah spammer.  They flood the chat just as much, with just as much gibberish.

The block list is your friend.  :)  (Up to the point where it's overloaded).

Archived