[Event] +100% XP Bonus Week : 7/14 - 7/21

Arctic

Dear  @Kibbelz,

i know from the past that the exp events had no effect on the actual leveling of crafting, aether/essence, only on the exp you gained from doing it. Can you tell us if this is still the case or if the 100% also applies for actually leveling crafting, etc.

Thanks in advance, have a nice day.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Dear  @Kibbelz,

i know from the past that the exp events had no effect on the actual leveling of crafting, aether/essence, only on the exp you gained from doing it. Can you tell us if this is still the case or if the 100% also applies for actually leveling crafting, etc.

Thanks in advance, have a nice day.

Literally your answer is in the first post.

21 hours ago, ForumBatman said:

Ncwest should stop trying to keep current players and start thinking in bringin new ones. Like lowering the sub price for low pop factions or overall.

After kicking out half of those who wanted to play... They put a price on a new 2021 launch game. You can wait sitting down! I even agree with a $5 sub, which would be much more appealing.

Just to give some feedback and let my voice heard, and many others' who share the same opinion on this topic.
This is NOT a classic experience. This is not why I play this game. The leveling experience is so great in this game, its a shame to hurry it. If its possible, I'm going to keep removing the buff.

9 hours ago, Arazith-IS said:

Everyone complaining about the XP...you don't need to keep the buff. Let those who want the buff have it, if you want to grind, then remove the buff. Stop trying to ruin other peoples game experience because you like to grind. 

Yes I noticed the huge population on the new version, which is what you should play if you dont want to grind and just have everything given to you. This is supposed to be Aion Classic, but it is far from it. This is the noob version. I dont like to grind and I dont grind, not sure where you got that from. This was the most successful and had the highest population when the XP was lower. As they changed the game play and increased leveling population dropped quickly. 

Stop trying to ruin peoples game experience, because you dont like questing and want everything handed to you. 

I honestly don't mind the xp rate, we're not 16 anymore and people are struggling, however, the loot% is way too high, it's raining gold item, Not to mention that giving people so much coin kind of break the leveling process of having to gear yourself with w/e you find/dungeon. They ruined crafting by making them all irrelevant,  we are way too overstuff and everything is so easy.

And for me, this is breaking the classic experience way more than faster exp.

Game not classic at all because they alrdy changing things.  It is all about the money not like the old original aion.  I see they gave the soul sickness back after leveling it was gone but they made sure u got it back after maintenance and game changes, what next??? Same old ncsoft I expect to be screed over once again, just a matter of time.

4 hours ago, Jackie said:

Game not classic at all because they alrdy changing things.  It is all about the money not like the old original aion.  I see they gave the soul sickness back after leveling it was gone but they made sure u got it back after maintenance and game changes, what next??? Same old ncsoft I expect to be screed over once again, just a matter of time.

I'm not sure I understand. Soul Sickness has been part of the game since its very beginning.

Great one! 

Some say it's not needed, some say its OP and some just enjoy the little boost. 

Forums allow everyone to QQ about anything. It's a game, it has proven itself before and a one week long EXP buff won't kill anyone. What's needed that everyone in this game is happy? 

6 minutes ago, Phalaris said:

Great one! 

Some say it's not needed, some say its OP and some just enjoy the little boost. 

Forums allow everyone to QQ about anything. It's a game, it has proven itself before and a one week long EXP buff won't kill anyone. What's needed that everyone in this game is happy? 

How about a Classic experience like we were led to believe we were getting?

10 hours ago, Sharmila said:

Just to give some feedback and let my voice heard, and many others' who share the same opinion on this topic.
This is NOT a classic experience. This is not why I play this game. The leveling experience is so great in this game, its a shame to hurry it. If its possible, I'm going to keep removing the buff.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. The grind was there to encourage players to explore other content. In fact, alot of the Aion Classics mechanics rely on player diversifying their time. All that artificial kinah generated from candys accelerated server progress in crafting, skill book purchases, PVP turrets (although they're rubbish but the concept is there), questing (buying cheeses in SR, that rift essence to get into DP later), and of course consumables. This leads to another area where they messed up.

They literally handed out consumables through that deava pass, bypassing any need for low level crafting. So what eventually happened was the broker filling up with all these lesser pots of mana or what have you, but no one needing to buy. If you ask anyone who loves crafting in mmo's this unnecessary barrier of entry felt like a slap to the face. Instead, they're forced to used kinah generated from candys to skip crafting content that was originally designed to sell to low level players. The very same low level players that don't want to spend kinah on npc pots and food. In fact this whole fast tracking has robbed crafters the sense of achievement when they earnt more than their rivals.

The exp boost that should of happened at the end of a patch has happened now... 2 weeks in. I'll ignore the fact that the deava pass literally gave free exp to those that use them scroll. The original classic experience never had this situation where players hit level 35+ and still wearing level 26 gear. This accelerated exp gain lead to their NCsoft "answer".  Until now they never had a ticket or mail or anything that gave out LARGE AMMOUNTS OF COINS THAT LITERALLY TRANSLATE TO GEAR. Again this bypasses the need to even buy crafted armour, the need to run instances, and diminishes the need to even buy world dropped blues or golds. 

The only thing I can say any good accelleration made in Classic are probably the wings. Honestly, I'd want every one  to experience and enjoy flying in Aion. So the more flight time the better. It doesn't even impact flight pots either since you'd be chugging them regardless. 

There will always be players who will complain no matter what NcSfoft does, it has been happening since the beginning .

Personally I don't mind the exp buff,  mainly because I am older and don't have the time to grind my life away and deal with being ganked all the time. I remember back in 2009 questing non stop when I was elyos and it taking a better part of a month  just to hit level 30. Now with crafting and the kinah increase due to the candies we can craft at level 10 and get a huge boost in just a little while.  I have 1 account with a level 24 just by crafting and my main account that I have almost 3 level 30s on between crafting and just some light farming. This being said I do feel there should either be an NPC that applies it to the player in the capital cities if they so desire to have it with an option to remove the buff as well.  

Maybe you guys could do a survey regarding the xp / kinah / drops and make a server that is pure 100% classic grind if enough people are willing to go there and do it. No exp buffs, no drop increase, just pure grind. Also maybe you could  possibly merge the current 2 servers since the population is unbalanced from what i've seen/heard. These are just ideas based on what I have seen others say that could possibly keep this game a live longer than 6 months if that.

They could honestly make it quick to hit level 50 and I would still play, this patch for me wasn't about the grind it was about the PvP and having the time of my life. It was about aggroing all mobs in poeta and bringing all the way back to the start of poeta and freaking out the new players, it is just the memories for me. This time was where I met some of my best friends who are like family to me.  It was the rifting and talking with the noobs using a store, watching a bunch of lvl 20s try and kill my level 40 cleric, but I couldn't tell their level as everyone was red at one point regardless of level difference. 

Eh anyway have a great day and enjoy leveling regardless of how quick it might be!

As others have stated, even with the XP buff, the grind is still long. Many people have already quit without ever hitting level cap. The leveling experience/level gaps does nothing but put up walls between players who would like to play together, but someone is too low level and thus not able to. 

These servers are losing players fast, especially on the Siel Elyos side. If you go to Heiron you will find more Asmo players than Elyos due to the zerg. I often find myself in zones completely alone, except for 6 man asmo parties roaming Elyos lands ganking people the moment they leave town.

Server imbalance problems are not new. This was also an issue early on in the lifespan of this game. They provided us with boosts and other items. I’d be okay with this. Still had fun even if I wasn’t always on the “winning” side. Made the servers more balanced too. 

On 7/13/2021 at 1:43 AM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas!

We hope you have been enjoying your time in Atreia thus far! To aid you in your adventures, we will be holding a special XP-Bonus event across all of Atreia!

This event is a step-up from our previous XP boosts on all accounts – so you surely don’t want to miss it! The event will begin after maintenance on Wednesday, July 14 and will last for one full week until maintenance begins on Wednesday, July 21.

We are also upping the ante during in terms of the amount of experience gained, with the event featuring a 100% experience boost across combat, gathering, and crafting.

Thanks for all the feedback you’ve been sharing, and while this isn’t technically Daevas’ Haste (there will be a buff icon though!), we do hope enjoy the event! 😃

Can Asmo on Isra have this extended at least for few days? :D

On 7/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, Foxy Boxy said:

How about a Classic experience like we were led to believe we were getting?

I totally hear you there. The classic experience should be the real thing. However, at times, despite all efforts, the game starts to have imbalances and the GMs try to help and manage those. At times it seems like a cheat to the real experience but who can tell unless they trail, what's best? If you don't help, people complain. If you do help, people complain. 

I haven't seen an online game I've played, where people did not complain about something. It's just the nature of the best and to be honest, it's just a game. 

Archived