Why does it take so long to level up?

Advanced

That's the problem with the game

Not enough quests, too many repeatables = boring content. Killing 1 monster takes ages, I am playing sorcerer and I have to rest every 4 kills because I run out of mana. This game has the most depressing grind. In RuneScape, probably the best MMORPGs in 2021. You can do anything and you have access to every part of the map in your inventory. Aion is like WoW, big maps and if you want to get somewhere. You need to spend 2 minutes to get to that teleportation/flight taxi man. 

Who in the world thought 1 million xp requirements pre level 20s was a good idea? Everything you do is a daunting task. But it looks like NCSoft only released this version of Aion to make more money for the release of Aion 2. When Aion 2 comes out (which is free to play), people should stop their subscriptions immediately and play Aion 2. But if they want to continue this bullshit of making you pay money for good gear. Aion 2 will suffer the safe faith as MapleStory and MapleStory 2. Why am I bringing up MapleStory; the rivals of NCsoft?

Everyone should follow my footsteps. After your subscription is up and the player base does not reach 10,000 active players on the weekdays. I will officially say this game is dead and quit playing at the end of the subscription. That tough pink tiger candy is not every pay to win. It gives garbage boosts. The amount of cast speed is so minuscule, the kill times of each monster only decreases by 2 seconds. 

Players have so many reasons to quit the game now. It's a daunting task to grind. All the monsters take so long to kill. Look at Path of Exile, all the mobs are glass cannons.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

This is how literally it was back in the day, if not worse. Since client is based on 2.7 patch, the exp required to level up has been already eased out compared to the OG 1.x patch.

You know what happened to MapleStory when monsters are so strong? They buffed all the monsters because players were killing them fast for fast xp. You needed to be funded to be able to kill the monsters. You cannot play MapleStory Lv 150+ if you don't buy good gear. 

Aion is basically playing the game that forces you to buy good gear. How do you do that? But Quna, buy those candies. Get the money and start enchanting your gear. Which is pay to win. Candies are useless in terms of use. It's only the money aspect. 1 million a day, 30 million a month.

Aion 2 is a mobile. It wont do well. But I do agree with you, classic is a total cash grab which is a shame. And how NC is silent on so many issues and unhappiness of the population tells a great deal. Just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Because if they dont make extreme changes to please the subs, I dont see this game lasting long. 

levelling up is too quick.

people who want quicker XP  only devalue the midgame content, by essentially 'skipping' midgame content by gaining XP too fast you miss out on alot of areas , its not possible to do every quest for a level because you level up and the rewards are not as enticing at higher levels.

Xp is  too easy to obtain , on top of that they drop double week, and you also mentioned your a sorc and its not fast enough, they are the fastest class to gain XP or at least in  in classic first player to  lvl50 was a sorc.

flight streans are in retail aion versions but not current classic this might alleviate your teleportation /taxi feeling from porting  as the flexibilty of dropping out of the stream at your desired location isnt so boring, but it wont help you in current classic.

When the server starts at 2009, the levlin was much worse than now.... It take month for lvl 50 and you blame these? There are enough normal quests  for levlin and you can take a group and go to the elite mobs. Its faster and: more money and things for sell^^

PS: Sorry for my english, im not a native speaker ^^

3 hours ago, Advanced said:

That tough pink tiger candy is not every pay to win. It gives garbage boosts. The amount of cast speed is so minuscule, the kill times of each monster only decreases by 2 seconds. 

Oh no. Are you actually using the candy? That's not what the "p2w candy" thing was about lol. You can SELL the candies to the vendor for 100k kinah each. So you can buy tons of candy with real money to get tons of kinah in game. THAT'S what people were talking about. No one actually uses the candies unless they're endgame and loaded with kinah already lol.

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Oh no. Are you actually using the candy? That's not what the "p2w candy" thing was about lol. You can SELL the candies to the vendor for 100k kinah each. So you can buy tons of candy with real money to get tons of kinah in game. THAT'S what people were talking about. No one actually uses the candies unless they're endgame and loaded with kinah already lol.

Lol! This cracked me up! 

Archived