Socketing Harvester sets

Sabreze-DN

Hello there, so far I have just been seeing people socketing their Harvester sets with +10 manastones.  What is the reason behind this? Isn't it alright as it is to just socket +7 stones in them?Or am I missing something? After all, it just pve right? So what's the big deal of socketing powerful manastone like +10s? 

1 hour ago, Sabreze-DN said:

Hello there, so far I have just been seeing people socketing their Harvester sets with +10 manastones.  What is the reason behind this? Isn't it alright as it is to just socket +7 stones in them?Or am I missing something? After all, it just pve right? So what's the big deal of socketing powerful manastone like +10s? 

Hi Socketing harvester full with +10 manastones is a waste and overkill. Maybe those people want maxed out stats. Personally i socketed mine with +7 knowledge, some mb/hp and +8 knowledge in harvester weapon.I am Saving those +9 and +10 for pvp gear.

Ok. lets see.

there are reassons to use +10 manastones (or the higher you can get without going to bankrup). 

there is a soft cap when increasing the basic attributes. That cap, if my memory does not fail, is in some point near 250. You have to count the points increased with essence in that amount. Is not a hard cap. So you will still have more stats after that, but the quantities of the related stats (knowledge related are MB, MSup, Crit Spell as example) will become smaller and smaller with the time. So at that point a Knowledge +10 will give you the same than a regular MB manastone.

So, taking this into consideration, maybe is not really wise or even smart to put +10 knowledge in all your 42 manastones slots and get 420 from those and also 50+ from essences. But using +10 manastones will be usefull to reach those, more or less, 250 points on that atribute with just half of your slots and use the remaining slots to increase something else (another basic stat or a related one that you want to improve even further). If you use +7 manastones you will need more slots to reach the soft cap and will have less space for other manastones. 

And try to have your resources distributed between all your gear, enchantments and manastones in the most profitable way. Using +7 manastones in the adma gear is a waste of manastones, but if you are going to invest in a harvester gear you can think in +8 or better manastones. If buying a harvester gear will leave you in bankrup and only will have resources to use MB+27 or crit strike +17 on it, maybe is better to get a lower gear and better manastones.

yes. you can have decent stats and play your game even with +7. You do not need to have a top gear full of +10 manastones to play. In the same way that you do not need a complete +17 enchanted gear. But if you want, you can see that as your objetive. Also remember that we have patches sometimes and new gear is added. Having a great gear now can give you a break so you do not have to change your gear after every patch or major update. I played with my 4.0 with a high enchantment level and manastones even on 5.0 to 5.3 and was ok. 

Wic gear you get, wich manastones you use, how much do you enchant your gear depends on your resources and the time it will take to you to get that. If you see that it will take 2 years to have all, is a bad idea, go for something lower. If you see that you can get it in just one month, try to focus on something better. IMO, the gear you can get in 4 to 8 months is the right one for you. 

There's different caps for every stat and "near 250" isn't the cap for any of them (since 5.6). Refer to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pKBHYjQMqBIIb9Wr5Vtt_NrGfI1K-HocYZOaoXIn3ZQ/edit?usp=sharing and keep in mind the cap for MB is getting raised somewhere in 5.8 again. Overall, you hit the cap, for any target stat you want, slower (i.e. your stats are stronger and you gain more stats per manastone socket) if you socket 10s than if you socket +6/+7 stones. The stats difference isn't groundbreaking but it's the edge some might want. Or need.

After "4 to 8 months" the gear you're farming towards will be, almost without a doubt, outdated. There's new PvE sets every few months, all you have to figure out is which ones are worth investing in (time-wise and resource-wise). Usually these will be purifiable or upgradeable into a newer better tier of gear that comes out in a later patch... Harvester is a good example for that since you get to purify it to a shinier version in 5.8.

Essentially, socketing +10 stones in Harvester now is a better investment than socketing it in 5.8 or at a later date since you get to profit from the manastones for months from now until what... 6.0 ? Maybe more. If your pvp set isn't done/socketed with 10s (and you actually do PvP) it's a waste of resources, but if you pve all day then why not.

First at all, ty so much Papa for the new doc with new stats. I was so close to make a mistake using the old one. You saved me time, kinah, and frustration. 

About how to choose a gear, I have a different opinion. It is true that in Aion we usually see updates with new gear and instances every 6 months (sometimes is more time). So it is true that it is possible that you will see a new better gear in the middle of your work improving your current one. But I choose that amount of time (4 to 8 months) because I saw that if you want to have a gear enchanted and with manastones in just 1 to 3 months probably won´t be a good gear. Every good gear takes some time to get it and more time after that to get the manastones and the enchanment level. And in that situation you will need to focus on new gear sooner. 

In my experience: When 4.0 arrived I compared the new gears. After thinking about the time to get each set, difficulty for each instance, stats they are focused on and my possibilities I decided to go for the gear from IS. Took me some months just to complete it. I do not remember if something new appeared on that time. But after that I had to use time and resources to enchant it and get the manastones. Some updates happened on those months. We had some improved versions and some items became easier to get. But still the difference in stats weren´t so significant. So I continued with my plan. After that ORB and DD were added. That gear was even better, but I did not go for them. My IS gear fully enchanted was enought to reach the caps on that moment. So I was able to focus on other things. 

So, if you today decide that you can go for a Harvester gear and try to improve it to the maximum potential, it will be still a great gear after the next updates too, even if you can´t purify it later. 

Of course, if you can get a top gear in 2 months, just go for it. But for the average player sometimes is hard to get items. So 4-8 months sounds like a decent amount of time to get something. And of course you can not focus on something that will take you a year or more, or will totally happens what Papa said. Will be outdated before you complete it. 

I knew people who would only really focus on pve gear. Everyone is different. There is also no such thing as yo much. More is always better. I never seen this set so if it's the best one gear right now and super it up you'll probably be set for god knows how long. I was still using my pure is gear before I quit around 5.5. Still doing best damage when ppl were using the new stones and higher level then me. Also I never really used that calculator, I always just watched the stats grow myself and I noticed if it's not a 10 it will hurt you later down the road.

Archived