Dredge Times?

Rag-DN

So it's noon CST right now...Dredge still hasn't popped... so assuming it's going to start at 1pm CST...that means it's 1pm, 9pm, 1am CST... Those times are AWEFUL.... @Kibbelz Can you please PLEASE get us the patch notes and do a survey for the dredge times? Everyone's QQing in LFG about these awful times. 

Or do something that makes sense and let us do 3 entries per day instead of 1 per window so that we can get them in during our preferred window. 1pm is during work and 1am is too late, looks like at best I'd be able to do 1 per day. This CD model just doesn't make sense these days and they could certainly change it, but we know damn well NCsoft is going take an eternity to address this or just blow it off.

3 hours ago, Kybele said:

07:00 AM CET

03:00 PM CET

07:00 PM CET

(Im not sure)

Êu players can do only 1 times for each day. Im playing this game for pvp but i dont like 1vs10 air pvp. So Kybele out when siels end!

WFT is CET?

6 hours ago, Zarbi said:

WFT is CET?

Central European Time(Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin)

2 hours ago, Ravenmaster said:

for all my european players there you go. 

Dredgion times: 19:00, 23:00, 7:00 all these are GMT +0 times. 

So people in the UK need to deduct 1h and people in Westeren Europe need to +2 it? GMT +0 is end of fall&winter.

2 hours ago, Ravenmaster said:

no, GMT +0 is for people in the uk...i'm in the uk and I can confirm those are the times for dredgion over here

Hm how does that make sense?

I ran dredg at 22:30 GTM -5  (est coast NA) yesterday.  This implies one dredg for you guys is at 03:00.   Not 23:00.

We did not have dredg time at 18:00 (which would be the 23:00pm one for you).  Because I was waiting for my DP group at that time and would have noticed if dredg popped.

Edit:

So UTC we'd be looking at 2am, 6am,  6pm.

And trust me east coast NA gets the shaft as well:  2pm, 10pm, 2am.  For people who work we can only do 10pm.

9 hours ago, Avator-KT said:

Hm how does that make sense?

I ran dredg at 22:30 GTM -5  (est coast NA) yesterday.  This implies one dredg for you guys is at 03:00.   Not 23:00.

We did not have dredg time at 18:00 (which would be the 23:00pm one for you).  Because I was waiting for my DP group at that time and would have noticed if dredg popped.

Edit:

So UTC we'd be looking at 2am, 6am,  6pm.

And trust me east coast NA gets the shaft as well:  2pm, 10pm, 2am.  For people who work we can only do 10pm.

oh , you are correct. 19:00, 3:00, 7:00.

My bad

@Avator-KT:
Ravenmasters times can not be correct because no matter the timezone the waiting time between first and second is the same for everyone (eight hours).

UK is currently on BST/IST (GMT+1) and central europe is currently on CEST (GMT-2). UK will change to UTC (GMT+0) in autumn and central europe to CET. If you are on the east coast you are currently on EDT (GMT-6)  and not on EST.

So my dredgion starting times in CEST:

• 8pm
  • 4am
  • 8am

Would translate to Ravenmaster:

• 7pm for BST (UK)
  • 3am for BST (UK)
  • 7am for BST (UK)

Would translate to you:

• 2pm for EDT
  • 10pm for EDT
  • 2am for EDT

Which probably means while Ravenmaster took the first entry at his 7pm, you actually took the second entry at your 10pm and you were correct with his second dredgion being at 3am instead of 11pm.

I would actually write that EDT (eastcoast) is worse off than CEST (central europe) and BST (UK).

1 minute ago, Stormwing said:

@Avator-KT:
Ravenmasters times can not be correct because no matter the timezone the waiting time between first and second is the same for everyone (eight hours).

UK is currently on BST/IST (GMT+1) and central europe is currently on CEST (GMT-2). UK will change to UTC (GMT+0) in autumn and central europe to CET. If you are on the east coast you are currently on EDT (GMT-6)  and not on EST.

So my dregion starting times in CEST:

• 8pm
  • 4am
  • 8am

• 7pm for BST (UK)
  • 3am for BST (UK)
  • 7am for BST (UK)

Would translate to you:

• 2pm for EDT
  • 10pm for EDT
  • 2am for EDT

Which probably means while Ravenmster took the first entry at his 7pm, you actually took the second entry at your 10pm and you were correct with his second dredgion being at 3am instead of 11pm.

I made a mistake in my statement. I can't edit it, but people will see. 

8 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Avator-KT:

So my dredgion starting times in CEST:

• 8pm
  • 4am
  • 8am

• 7pm for BST (UK)
  • 3am for BST (UK)
  • 7am for BST (UK)

Would translate to you:

• 2pm for EDT
  • 10pm for EDT
  • 2am for EDT

Which probably means while Ravenmaster took the first entry at his 7pm, you actually took the second entry at your 10pm and you were correct with his second dredgion being at 3am instead of 11pm.

I would actually write that EDT (eastcoast) is worse off than CEST (central europe) and BST (UK).

Not sure why all of this confusing thing exists. For people in Canada it's VERY simple.

Atlantic time (The real east coast. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland/Labrador) is GMT-4

Eastern  is GMT-5 (5 hours difference between here and UK)

Central is Manitoba + a tiny part in the west of Ontario, GMT-6

Mountains is GMT-7

Pacific is GMT-8

This can change if your country doesn't use daylight saving time. The above are all assuming that the UK (GMT) uses daylight saving time (advance the time 1 hour in spring, put it back to normal in autumn) as well. The east coast (Atlantic) has dredge at 3:00 PM, 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM. There is a reason why Eastern isn't called "east coast" :)

8 hours ago, Avator-KT said:

Yeah all G.  Not sure why edit is locked out. 

Anyway , right  now this NA game is shafting half of NA out of dredg.  It's only decent for west coast and maybe Mountain.

The truth is they just really don't care, even with a sub model and the candy profits the first month or two they still are running this game on virtually no support or a skeleton support team that probably has responsibilities for other NCsoft games as well. This feels like playing a private server except a lot of people running private servers care more than NCsoft.

Archived