Adjusted the drop probability of some items dropped by level 45 or higher field

Beshmundira

6 hours ago, Beshmundira said:

Adjusted the drop probability of some items dropped by level 45 or higher field monsters in Theobomos and Brusthonin areas.

-

Anyone got an idea what does this exactly means? Because I do not have a single clue.

No more Fabled grade equipment drop to combat bots due to being a safe area is my best guess... and I THINK that I read that somewhere...

That's all correct, they lowered the drop rates and value of the drops in those areas to discourage bots.  Problem is, they also negated one of the best speed farming areas in the game, the undead right outside of Adma.  Used to be a good farming spot for drops and kinah

it does say adjusted but not in which direction. i have been farming out there a bit and it does seem to be lower rates.  Can a GM confirm?

38 minutes ago, 2s349201 said:

I mean they could just ban the bots, but no, instead they would rather shaft their paying customers and give them less scope for faming kinah, cos why not hey.

this is a good point aswell. as a playing trying to grind a godstone for my new weapon. if this is indeed a nerf to drops, and theobamos is where most people try to farm godstones, its not very fun for the real players trying to advance our characters in a fun way.

3 hours ago, 2s349201 said:

I mean they could just ban the bots, but no, instead they would rather shaft their paying customers and give them less scope for faming kinah, cos why not hey.

Maybe they think that they will sell more candies by lowering drops. Instead, it will drive even more people away from the game... I went to check broker for demolition stuff to DE, there are 2 weapons on SL-A, and they are a lot more expensive than before patch.

Well done again, NCfail.

Well, I farm constantly in Theobomos and already noticed the changes. The most hurtful for bots and also for me, since I farm next to a bot, is the fact that certain mobs that dropped kinah 100% now it looks like they drop 50% of the times. Will need to farm more to determine if the white, green, blue and yellow item drop rate was lower. Also, every time a white item drop, only white, there is this message "confirm" to loot. It's certainly annoying, but at least it doesn't appear with green, blue and yellow items.

Before drop probability adjustment, because I farm like a bot sometimes, I could get 1-3 gear items in 30 min, one yellow gear every 8 hours of hard farming-botting-playing 8h-job-like. After the adjustment, today I tried for 30 min and got 3 gear items, so, except for the 50% kinah drop rate, haven't noticed any change in gear for now.

4 hours ago, 2s349201 said:

Reminds me of what they did to the drops on retail. The open world monsters drop literally nothing. It always feels nice when leveling or grinding a quest to get nice shiny unexpected loot. This 'solution' to bots is terrible for human players. It makes the game less enjoyable. 

15 hours ago, Beshmundira said:

Adjusted the drop probability of some items dropped by level 45 or higher field monsters in Theobomos and Brusthonin areas.

-

Anyone got an idea what does this exactly means? Because I do not have a single clue.

It means if you notice a change in the drop rate of those items, then it is deliberate and not a bug.

Archived