Weekly Server Maintenance - November 24, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

Tomorrow we will be performing our regularly maintenance on Aion Classic at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC). The servers are expected to resume after approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. In addition to routine maintenance tasks, we will also be adding Thanksgiving Scenery during the downtime.

We may have additional changes to add after this initial post, and will be sure to update here and message in this thread should anything else be included.

Thank you!

• Arctic changed the title to Weekly Server Maintenance - November 24, 2021

seriously, guys. I can't understand how can you all break the sieges for 1 month, and you don't even can't do nothing about it. Did you know that noone is succeding to get a fortress for weeks? Some legions are dying because they litteraly can't do nothing about sieges.

Do you at even pay attention on that? on what is happening with your OWN GAME? Can't you see what's happening beneaf ur nose? guys! c'mon! 

You are better than this. So stop aggressively getting our money for nothing and help us fixing these little things.

For real guys, in IS we are all overloaded with your incompetence. Many players are leaving and server reached 1% of population online. 
Please, guys do your job properly and don't make any more people leaving of this game that you guys aren't caring about. 
Because it's sooo boring with no people arround and many things broken. Seriously....it's hard. really hard to continue on this dead server with broken things.

2 hours ago, Felurian said:

seriously, guys. I can't understand how can you all break the sieges for 1 month, and you don't even can't do nothing about it. Did you know that noone is succeding to get a fortress for weeks? Some legions are dying because they litteraly can't do nothing about sieges.

If you didn't know yet, NCWest hasn't had an in-house development team for ages. The game-specific teams here were disbanded eons ago.

The few people who are left (mostly volunteers) just apply the files Korea sends them. They can do simple things like server maintenance, handle tickets (payment issues, restore items), keep an eye on the forum/twitter, but that's about it. For anything more, like the siege bug, they have to report to Korea & wait for fixed files to be sent over. Furthermore, those few people left here (e.g. Hime) also have to manage the other NCWest titles here, like Blade&Soul.

A good bit ago, NCSoft decided making MMOs is no longer profitable, so they restructured their company, and changed their market strategy to developing mobile games (Lineage II, Blade&Soul II, Aion II), that can also be played on PC via their selfmade mobile emulator software, "Purple" (https://www.ncpurple.com/kr/intro/index). This is cheaper (less jobs needed, less development time to invest into making a game), and earns more money. In the present, they throw out the "Classic" versions of games like Aion, to bank in on nostalgia for a bit, and then take those offline.

So maybe now people are a bit more aware of the situation, and will stop asking Kibbelz for "fix when" - they are volunteers who can communicate issues to Korea, but cannot fix or work on the game itself.

11 minutes ago, Vireza-KT said:

If you didn't know yet, NCWest hasn't had an in-house development team for ages. The game-specific teams here were disbanded eons ago.

The few people who are left (mostly volunteers) just apply the files Korea sends them. They can do simple things like server maintenance, handle tickets (payment issues, restore items), keep an eye on the forum/twitter, but that's about it. For anything more, like the siege bug, they have to report to Korea & wait for fixed files to be sent over. Furthermore, those few people left here (e.g. Hime) also have to manage the other NCWest titles here, like Blade&Soul.

A good bit ago, NCSoft decided making MMOs is no longer profitable, so they restructured their company, and changed their market strategy to developing mobile games (Lineage II, Blade&Soul II, Aion II), that can also be played on PC via their selfmade mobile emulator software, "Purple" (https://www.ncpurple.com/kr/intro/index). This is cheaper (less jobs needed, less development time to invest into making a game), and earns more money. In the present, they throw out the "Classic" versions of games like Aion, to bank in on nostalgia for a bit, and then take those offline.

So maybe now people are a bit more aware of the situation, and will stop asking Kibbelz for "fix when" - they are volunteers who can communicate issues to Korea, but cannot fix or work on the game itself.

oh so beaultiful these volunteers. look at them helping making us some charity!!! Ohhh my god so beaultiful!!

C'mon bro!  really? we pay tons of money to this company, for you come here and say that?

You can be better that that. So this company too.

And if you are only voltunteers, why open a server like that? to make us pay a lot of money, not fix things and say: "oh you don't how things work and you should no complain"

Not today, bro. not today! These vounteers or whoever is sitting there MUST do something. we are paying. And they can't only open tickets while we all are being ##@cked and paying money to play a dead game.

2 minutes ago, Felurian said:

C'mon bro!  really? we pay tons of money to this company, for you come here and say that?

I'm only pointing out how things are here. This is the present situation, this is the limit of what these people can do, and your Siel's Aura/Daeva's Pass money is not going to change a single thing about it.

"Why open a server like that? to make us pay a lot of money"
You already answered your own question.
But feel free to complain, maybe the Wildstar/MxM/Aion Retail people or many others who have boycotted NCSoft can tell you how much it has helped them.

1 hour ago, Felurian said:

oh so beaultiful these volunteers. look at them helping making us some charity!!! Ohhh my god so beaultiful!!

And if you are only voltunteers, why open a server like that? to make us pay a lot of money, not fix things and say: "oh you don't how things work and you should no complain"

Not today, bro. not today! These vounteers or whoever is sitting there MUST do something. we are paying. And they can't only open tickets while we all are being ##@cked and paying money to play a dead game.

I think at this point everybody who supports NCsoft (especially here with Aion Classic) should understand what they are getting. We should all understand we are not getting the equivalent value of other AAA MMOs out there from the monthly sub/deava pass/microtransactions expenses, and instead just getting the nostalgia and what the Korean servers deemed beneficial to Classic Aion in Korea with little else in the way of service.

If the above isn't enough for a play the only real option is to take your money elsewhere like so many have done since the servers have opened. It has been 5 months, expect exactly what Korea got for content, but with reduced service/help from the company.

1 hour ago, Darob said:

I think at this point everybody who supports NCsoft (especially here with Aion Classic) should understand what they are getting. We should all understand we are not getting the equivalent value of other AAA MMOs out there from the monthly sub/deava pass/microtransactions expenses, and instead just getting the nostalgia and what the Korean servers deemed beneficial to Classic Aion in Korea with little else in the way of service.

If the above isn't enough for a play the only real option is to take your money elsewhere like so many have done since the servers have opened. It has been 5 months, expect exactly what Korea got for content, but with reduced service/help from the company.

Yeah, sadly all those still playing, expecting things to change, are just wasting their time.

I stupidly came back for merge, that currently shows no sign of happening any time soon, but getting mad at NCsoft is a waste of my time, the person I should be most angry with is myself, for still playing this failed mess of a game.

Its been a month now without anybody being able to do sieges, a huge part of the current content is not open to us, but still we pay, still we expect things to change, we are stupid.

34 minutes ago, 2s349201 said:

Yeah, sadly all those still playing, expecting things to change, are just wasting their time.

I stupidly came back for merge, that currently shows no sign of happening any time soon, but getting mad at NCsoft is a waste of my time, the person I should be most angry with is myself, for still playing this failed mess of a game.

Its been a month now without anybody being able to do sieges, a huge part of the current content is not open to us, but still we pay, still we expect things to change, we are stupid.

I would say just manage your expectations. I expect NCwest/soft to do nothing beyond the minimum and actions against hackers/bots/cheaters/etc will always be too little and delayed. I am not surprised at all about the siege issues because this was intended from Korea and to my knowledge a server merge from Korea for Classic has not occurred yet so it would likely take months (like we have seen) before something is done about that. 

I even laughed when I saw the increased number of crowns in the deava pass, and I wondered if many thought it was done on purpose by NCwest to increase sales or due to feedback. In reality the increased crowns was done in Korea in their deava pass at the same time and should have been expected. 

I guess I should also state that with all my criticism I still enjoy the game for what it is so I stick around, but I have put NCsoft on my blacklist to never support again after Aion. Simple as that for me.

46 minutes ago, Darob said:

I would say just manage your expectations. I expect NCwest/soft to do nothing beyond the minimum and actions against hackers/bots/cheaters/etc will always be too little and delayed. I am not surprised at all about the siege issues because this was intended from Korea and to my knowledge a server merge from Korea for Classic has not occurred yet so it would likely take months (like we have seen) before something is done about that. 

I even laughed when I saw the increased number of crowns in the deava pass, and I wondered if many thought it was done on purpose by NCwest to increase sales or due to feedback. In reality the increased crowns was done in Korea in their deava pass at the same time and should have been expected. 

I guess I should also state that with all my criticism I still enjoy the game for what it is so I stick around, but I have put NCsoft on my blacklist to never support again after Aion. Simple as that for me.

I did that when I quit retail years ago, then played Blade and Soul, now playing this.

You only have to look at the crapshow that is New World and how Blizzard destroyed WoW, they are all the same, they spend millions making these games, then try and maintain them with dimes, as you say manage expectations. Nobody cares about gamers, we are just fish for them to hook.

8 hours ago, 2s349201 said:

I'm not wasting my time.  I'm still having fun playing AC.  It's a video game, it's only real job is to entertain me during my free and leisure time.  I don't give a developer or a publisher enough power in my life to effect what I have fun doing.  When their game is no longer fun, I'll move on, but for now ... having a great time with legion and having a great time with content.  I'm sure it's frustrating for solo players, but I'm not a solo player ... I play with friends, and that makes it worth while.

Getting mad at a video game is not how i spend my free time.  It's about as productive as yelling at traffic.

49 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

I am a solo player and still have fun with the smaller population of Israphel.

Sure there could be more players, but hey, I still love it!

Yes. People are forgetting the different communities on each server, regardless of how small they are.

3 hours ago, Angina said:

If they can't fix basic stuff like sieges, nor can properly communicate with the customers, then they shouldn't even be charging for a sub.
Paying for sub makes you assume you're going to have propper support AT LEAST.

So, by you logic if we don't pay for a sub the game should improve.

Unlikely.

2 hours ago, Zarbi said:

So, by you logic if we don't pay for a sub the game should improve.

Unlikely.

Quite the opposite.
If we're paying, then the game should be improved. And I dont even mean actually improving, but just fixing the broken stuff or at least talking about it.

18 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Yes. People are forgetting the different communities on each server, regardless of how small they are.

But it depends very extreme on the reason, why the players play games.

f2p  games are more about to spend more time and money to get ahead, that's not my taste...
I like to play to relax and to switch off from reality.
And I got no problem to pay a monthly subscription for this.
if the game turns out to be a second job for me, that's not for me.
See the video on YT which reflects my understanding of games very well:

What MMO Should you play? on  YouTube

from Josh Strife Hayes

Archived