Jump to content
kitat-KT

Power up Event

Recommended Posts

Aly-DN   
10 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

I now own over 100 stigmas; can't wait for tomorrow!

Anyway out there to better the RNG? (some have claimed:)

  1. Enchant/temper then wait exactly 10 min for the next enchant. (start at 1, then enchant every 10 min.)
  2. Before you enchant, max out DP first.
  3. Before you enchant, get as much Energy of Repose as you can.
  4. Enchant between server time 2am-3am.
  5. Enchant in your studio/house/etc.
  6. Before enchant, un-equip any items that are +5 or more/enchant naked.
  7.  Pray.

Can anyone claim any of the above is true? Anything else (in game) that we can do to get better RNG, or is everyone just crazy?

MayBlue - "I think you're crazy, just like me," Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

We could try the same methods we used on our Hot Heart of Magic back in the day: enchant wearing only your helm and it must be visible

Or when trying to enchant to 15 in 3.0: glide from that one platform in Rancora Base in Tiamaranta around as far as you can and immediately enchant upon landing.

 

2 hours ago, KongOfDong-DN said:

Maybe you guys defending these kinds of tactics should take a look around in the game, there's absolutely NO new player icons next to people's names because of stuff like this and why the game has been spiraling downward the last few years and headed to 6.0 with massive changes.  I completely agree with OP in that it's simply asinine that they know the system is shitty and give us a non-shitty version of what we want and call it an event.

Actually..

HVWsMwi.jpg

*teehee*

Edited by Aly-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a bug caused the returning davea event, that picture is invalid. Before that I rarely say green leafs, the returning daeva icon, or spoke with someone who truly new the game and not just a old account that took a break.

Edited by Lambdachi-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Pfft. Where is your sense of humor? It's funny! All kidding aside and to be fair, it's hard to tell if there are any new players when everyone is a new user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

HVWsMwi.jpg

*teehee*

those are "returning player" icons. He said "new user". 

And actually 90% of us have that icon. was a bug or something xD

8 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Well, to be honest, you do not like many things. :P Just as you can use money, you can use in-game resources to farm them. Like, stigmas, have you not been collecting them from Crucible Spire, Evergale Canyon or Mirash Sanctum? Omegas and Tempering Solutions have been the cheapest they have been in a long while due to them being readily available by people spamming instances and events that dropped them like candy.

This kind of events, which I believe is actually the first time we have ever got one, actually encourage player the same, if not more, to play the game as the others. As I said before, spam instances for stigmas, Omegas and Tempering Solutions, do camps in Norsvold/Iluma and exchange tokens for Omegas/Solutions, do camps in Upper Reshanta for BMds and get the bundle. Even just farming kinah to buy stigmas form others, or levelling up characters to get free stigmas from quests.

Actually I like more things that those I don´t :P 

And is the first "power up" event. (first time we can enchant stigmas, accs and essence cores) but is not the first time we have this kind of event. Bottleg (that one to enchant Modor or something like that), was an event with a similar idea. Power of the plumes too. They ar esimilar cause the add temperings or omegas in the broker and make something different so people wants to buy a lot of them to take some profit from that particular moment. 

And do not worry for me. I played here for many years, I already have most of what I want. I also have many alts so I got a lot of free things. :P 

But you have to recognize that this is one of those things that increases the gap between players who pay and those who do not. And I am not one of those players who thinks "I will never pay in a game". Actually I used a nice amount of money in Aion since I joined and I am a happy customer (no complains with my purchases here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh I missed the /s .

But yeah this is a cash grab event, the people who can participate are people who can afford the initial cost, take the risk, and absorb the inevitable losses. New and casual players will be left in the dust. It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

Well, that is were we disagree. You say it increases the gap between paying and free users, which I find completely wrong. It just increases the gap between newer players and older ones, which I dont mind at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Well, that is were we disagree. You say it increases the gap between paying and free users, which I find completely wrong. It just increases the gap between newer players and older ones, which I dont mind at all.

That's absolute bullshit.  A new player could come in, buy a bunch of shit off the BCM, sell it for kinah or use it to gear up, even outgearing people that have been playing a while or just returned.

I think you're also missing the point of where they devs really show their shit game design...make alts for stuff and buy shit off BCM because the regular mechanics suck ass.  It's a company and they need to make money, yes, but they also drive off players with these kinds of things and they could easily find other ways to make money, such as cosmetics.  Other f2p games also have some p2w elements, which is exactly why MMO's are in such a terrible state right now in general.  Just because other people do it, doesn't make it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. we have different opinions Bryos. But is ok :) 

I was checking the prices in BCM for the items for this week. I think the price should be modified to be more similar to the ones we can find in the broker. 

Omega: now in the broker in KT is between 100 to 120 millions kinah. that is more or less $2. Maybe the price will go a little up. so 200 NCoins seems to be in some way ok. Maybe 160-180 could be better. But still is fine. 

Tempering: the price ingame is similar to omegas. So maybe after buying the cheap ones in the broker, your sales on this item will increase. 240 NCoins is not an unfair price (but could be a little lower)

Essence Core: Now in the game we can find that item at 20-40M each one. With this event the price can go higher but if that happen we will start crafting them. So I think 300 NCoins for those are so expensive. More if we think that we can not use the essence core solution in this event. And also, we can get normally a core +5 for $5-8 in the broker. Maybe a better price for this one could be 50 -100 Ncoins. 

Stigmas: prices for those can have a wide range depending on the stigma. There are so few of them, so who knows what will happen with those this week. Maybe the rpices will remain the same and 80-100 Ncoins could be a better option. Or maybe the prople will rush for them and even 400 ncoins could be cheap for some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Nothing in the event says that the items used to enchant have to be purchased. Last event gave quite a few temperings and omegas. We did get warning about this event. So I am sure that people have been saving their stigmas (dropping from the sky like rain from Evergale, Mirash & being able to purchase selectable class-based stigmas from an artifact in Illuma/Norsvold), temperings and omegas.

AND.. you don't have to try and enchant a single thing and -still- you will win prizes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kero-DN   
2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

We could try the same methods we used on our Hot Heart of Magic back in the day: enchant wearing only your helm and it must be visible

Or when trying to enchant to 15 in 3.0: glide from that one platform in Rancora Base in Tiamaranta around as far as you can and immediately enchant upon landing.

 

Actually..

HVWsMwi.jpg

*teehee*

its a Bug, not necessarily new players coming back

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
1 minute ago, Kero-DN said:

its a Bug, not necessarily new players coming back

lol

Gee. Really? I thought I had lost a month of my life overnight and that's why I was a returning user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kero-DN   
9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Gee. Really? I thought I had lost a month of my life overnight and that's why I was a returning user.

 

2 bad jokes in a row.

do you want a cookie? you deserve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
22 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You really needed a /s tag, Aly. It's whooshing pretty badly today.

Bah! I am always hilarious. -Always-!

I wrote "*teehee*" there, Cake. You of all people should have gotten that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Qjn-KT   

Just gonna throw this out there now. This event will prob hurt the game more than it will help. Everyone is obviously going to enchant their gear and those who are p2w have the advantage. At the end of this event theirs gonna be a good majority of the the player base (the p2w player base) with +10 accessory making PVP way more unbalanced than it is now. This may cause more people to leave because its going to be gear carry rather than skill carry.

Edited by Qjn-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
41 minutes ago, Qjn-KT said:

Just gonna throw this out there now. This event will prob hurt the game more than it will help. Everyone is obviously going to enchant their gear and those who are p2w have the advantage. At the end of this event theirs gonna be a good majority of the the player base (the p2w player base) with +10 accessory making PVP way more unbalanced than it is now. This may cause more people to leave because its going to be gear carry rather than skill carry.

The people that were gear carried will just be more gear carried while those that weren't will just catch up to what the gear carried used to be. In the end.. no effect at all. Those will better gear than you will still have better gear then you even though your gear is better than it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

I now own over 100 stigmas; can't wait for tomorrow!

Anyway out there to better the RNG? (some have claimed:)

  1. Enchant/temper then wait exactly 10 min for the next enchant. (start at 1, then enchant every 10 min.)
  2. Before you enchant, max out DP first.
  3. Before you enchant, get as much Energy of Repose as you can.
  4. Enchant between server time 2am-3am.
  5. Enchant in your studio/house/etc.
  6. Before enchant, un-equip any items that are +5 or more/enchant naked.
  7.  Pray.

Can anyone claim any of the above is true? Anything else (in game) that we can do to get better RNG, or is everyone just crazy?

MayBlue - "I think you're crazy, just like me," Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

I'm no enchanting guru, but I can say that in my experience its extremely unlikely that you'll punch through a bad luck streak by pouring more kinah and tears into an item. If you feel like you're failing too much, resist the temptation to think "surely the next one will go in". Take a break and come back to it later. Unless you can afford to keep punching with your fat fat wallet.

Likewise, if you find yourself riding a rainbow-pooping unicorn dragon lovechild of an RNG streak, ride it out and see where it takes you. Don't cower away from using that 5th Omega just because the last 4 were successful and you know in your heart a fail is coming your way. I've done some of my best enchanting works while riding the RNG unicorn dragon hybrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. I un-equiped my stigmas and stored them in my warehouse.
  2. I raised one at a time only one level at a time. I removed one from warehouse, raise it one level,  then put it back in my warehouse and pull out a different one.
  3. I enchanted in my estate.
  4. I already had a few at +1 or +2.
  5. Getting all 6 stigmas to +5 I had only one fail.

Getting all 6 stigmas to from +5 to +6 I had over 25 fails, so for now I'm in limbo. I may not keep going on this.  It looks like we will need about 30-35 stones to raise one stigma from 5 to 10 (maybe more), so  6 x ~30 = 180 ~ 200 total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kitat-KT   
On 08/02/2018 at 1:15 AM, Tyd-KT said:

In news today a company is selling something to make money and pay their salaries Full Story at 11.

You had to see this coming the moment they released event info last week.  They are a business and being a free to play model which everything they are selling is farmable in game they are still in the business to make money like it or not.  so your choice you can buy stuff and upgrade or you can buy it or farm them in game your call.

 

Did i say i have a problem with a company making money?

The problem i have is the tactics used by Ncsoft to make money.

Exploding gear and accessorys was never a issue,but this company decided to try and force player's into spending money due to high chance's of gear breaking.After several months of Nyerked off player's we get 100% chance with supps,which we never needed in the past.

Accessorys again never used to break,but added to cost us more kinah or more real life money to stay somewhat competitive.

I love all the the people defending this company and it's tactics,i hope you are the people who have sunk thousands into and the game closes to due lost player's.

There are plenty of ways for ncsoft to make money without such blatantly unscrupulous tactics being employed since 5.0 was released.This game has 2 years left at the most less if 6.0 is a flop,game's wont survive on a few whale's forever,and those sinking hundreds or thousands into this game are plainly stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to know how many attempts we have? We are going to have some benefits if we reach certain numbers in the milestones, but can we know the number we have now?

And when are going to be the "exp weeks" if we reach them? the first of those starts just when we reach that number or will be after next maintenance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunix-DN   
5 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:
  1. I un-equiped my stigmas and stored them in my warehouse.
  2. I raised one at a time only one level at a time. I removed one from warehouse, raise it one level,  then put it back in my warehouse and pull out a different one.
  3. I enchanted in my estate.
  4. I already had a few at +1 or +2.
  5. Getting all 6 stigmas to +5 I had only one fail.

Getting all 6 stigmas to from +5 to +6 I had over 25 fails, so for now I'm in limbo. I may not keep going on this.  It looks like we will need about 30-35 stones to raise one stigma from 5 to 10 (maybe more), so  6 x ~30 = 180 ~ 200 total.

you need MUCH more than this if you want to +9 all of your stigmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×