Jump to content
Arhangelos-KT

Things that need a second look, if you want Aion to survive.

Recommended Posts

I do not want to make this a negative thread but I would like to point a few things I think will make the game bad and possibly make plenty of people quit.

  • MOST important: Transformation Contracts: I am a totally free to play person, I would gladly pay kinah to buy contracts but there is nowhere to buy contracts with kinah (unless I missed it), those from BCM are untradeable and unbrokerable, so my question is:
    ...is there a chance to change the system, like make the BCM ones brokerable or somehow include them ingame with ingame currency?

I put this first because at the moment although I am still logging in I officially quit playing actively, if this answer is "no we won't make any changes" that means I'll simply quit totally at some point, no reason to play a game that I will always suck since I will never be able to get the necessary contracts to play.
-------------------------------------------------------------

  • Very important: Broker fees: I obviously dislike the higher selling fees yet I will not complain about it because I know this is intentionally done for kinah sinking, BUT broker listing fee is ridiculously big because if you do not sell the thing, you end up losing a lot of money and you have to relist it risking to lose more money again. You removed the private shop... so why keep us hostages with higher listing fees?

I have so many things to sell and I cannot even list them all together, I put the items in small batches because if it doesn't sell I won't lose as many fees as if I put them all. But if my small batch DOES sell then I might have lost the ability to sell more items (e.g. someone wants to buy 100x berdin stars, I only enlist 50 pieces with the smallest price, he buys my 50 and then buys the rest 50 from another one with second best price, I could have sold all my 100 to him but I am afraid to enlist a lot of things at once for fear of not selling in the end).
-------------------------------------------------------------

  • Very important (at least for me): Transparent transformation scrolls: If you ever want to even bother selling a single skin in this game, regard giving people the ability to have affordable transparent scrolls. 80 BCM for one transparent scroll that will last max 10 minutes is inexplainable.

Transparent transformation scrolls are not a luxury item. I play in Shift+F12 to avoid looking at everyone being a kawaii/otaku/anime animal, this is not Hello kitty, it is Aion. BUT, I have to look at my character looking like it as well if I want to do anything.
Someone said transparent transformation scrolls are a way to hide from the other guy that I am using a powerful transformation and thus get him off guard and win a pvp and yes that did make sense.
AT LEAST give us the ability to turn off the animal looks in our client, just like we turn off titles/names/ characters with Shift +F12 etc... why not give us the ability to hide the transformation look as well? Even if it is for our own character only while we see all others with their transformations. I cannot play this game looking like a rabbit, people might not have a problem with it. I already play with Shift+F12 to avoid ruining my aesthetics for this game so I already do not know who has a transformation or not. For me it is like everyone is like playing with a transparent transformation scroll since I do not even see their characters, except me that I have to see myself like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I won't bother listing any other things that I dislike about 6.2 because maybe they are just a shock factor from too many changes all at once, but the above three issues are a very good reasons for me to never log back. I am not threatening anyone that I'll quit, I do not regard myself a big factor in this game nor am I pretending that if I quit, the game will be worse, since I am only one person, but do know there was nobody in lfg that didn't agree with all three above ones being really bad and could ruin/kill this game.

DO NOT TAKE THIS THREAD LIGHT HEARTED. For me it is just another game that I'll quit, if this game is your day job, you have to realize how serious this is.

 

Edited by Arxaggelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. i know you can buy 1 transformation contract per week for 9,9m but that is absolutely nothing. people have opened 200x contracts only to get nothing good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, hide transformation by default. The character you created is DEFAULT, we should not have to pay to look like the DEFAULT. We should pay to change the default look, not pay to see it or be gimped and kicked form groups for refusing to use transformations and, that's what's happening, no transform, you get kicked on a lot of groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

...


DO NOT TAKE THIS THREAD LIGHT HEARTED. For me it is just another game that I'll quit, if this game is your day job, you have to realize how serious this is.

 

And you are not the only one. We already lost a lot of people here. And Aion 6.X is losing even more people (in other regions). MxM is gone. Wildstar will be closed soon. So few games remain and they are not at their best moment. Maybe is time to realize that the people deciding the future of the games here, have no clue at all. 

We used to have normal fees on the broker, some time ago you decided to make them small (and gave a lot of reassons for that). Now you go on the opposite way. We had some tradeable things, and untradeable gear. In 5.0 you decided to make everything tradeable. Now everything is untradeable and we do not even have the personal store. You added a lot of maps on 4.0. You started removing those maps some time later. It is really confusing. don´t you think? I think its better to keep a line.  To continue with a game style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

And you are not the only one. We already lost a lot of people here. And Aion 6.X is losing even more people (in other regions). MxM is gone. Wildstar will be closed soon. So few games remain and they are not at their best moment. Maybe is time to realize that the people deciding the future of the games here, have no clue at all. 

We used to have normal fees on the broker, some time ago you decided to make them small (and gave a lot of reassons for that). Now you go on the opposite way. We had some tradeable things, and untradeable gear. In 5.0 you decided to make everything tradeable. Now everything is untradeable and we do not even have the personal store. You added a lot of maps on 4.0. You started removing those maps some time later. It is really confusing. don´t you think? I think its better to keep a line.  To continue with a game style. 

I couldn't agree more with you on everything, as you see I also wrote "I won't bother listing any other things that I dislike about 6.2" because nobody likes the deletion of maps, nobody likes major changes and especially limitations. The only reason I didn't want to bloat this thread with things that are just a matter of choice on the developers is that I wanted to pin point the most important things that WILL kill this game and if we had to add everything bad about it then the list will get big and plenty of people will start having different opinions so it will get lost in another thread.

The biggest problem is the transformation contracts. If they make BCM transformation contracts broker-able then they will earn more money because there will be people wiling to buy them to sell them and get ingame kinah from those that will purchase them with ingame currency. Think of the gold pack in EU servers, it is mandatory to play and it is ingame sell-able thus everyone can get it either by paying real money, or pay someone with kinah so he pays the real money for them.

The majority of Aion gamers are not paying ones, but we are those who keep the game alive and the economy, we have to do it otherwise we wont' have enough to play. Lets make an example of 400 people only, whatever the numbers of purchases vs non purchases are, the outcome is the same.

fj50GEy.jpg

 

P.S. I can easily spend 1000 euros on a game if I want to, it is not that I am cheap, the reason I do not pay a single dime is because for me playing a game is meant to have fun and a purpose, I do not want to play a game that I can pay myself into victory. It is a matter of enjoying the game, if I am obliged to pay for winning then I am simply quitting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

 

  • Very important (at least for me): Transparent transformation scrolls: If you ever want to even bother selling a single skin in this game, regard giving people the ability to have affordable transparent scrolls. 80 BCM for one transparent scroll that will last max 10 minutes is inexplainable.

Transparent transformation scrolls are not a luxury item. I play in Shift+F12 to avoid looking at everyone being a kawaii/otaku/anime animal, this is not Hello kitty, it is Aion. BUT, I have to look at my character looking like it as well if I want to do anything.
Someone said transparent transformation scrolls are a way to hide from the other guy that I am using a powerful transformation and thus get him off guard and win a pvp and yes that did make sense.
AT LEAST give us the ability to turn off the animal looks in our client, just like we turn off titles/names/ characters with Shift +F12 etc... why not give us the ability to hide the transformation look as well? Even if it is for our own character only while we see all others with their transformations. I cannot play this game looking like a rabbit, people might not have a problem with it. I already play with Shift+F12 to avoid ruining my aesthetics for this game so I already do not know who has a transformation or not. For me it is like everyone is like playing with a transparent transformation scroll since I do not even see their characters, except me that I have to see myself like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I won't bother listing any other things that I dislike about 6.2 because maybe they are just a shock factor from too many changes all at once, but the above three issues are a very good reasons for me to never log back. I am not threatening anyone that I'll quit, I do not regard myself a big factor in this game nor am I pretending that if I quit, the game will be worse, since I am only one person, but do know there was nobody in lfg that didn't agree with all three above ones being really bad and could ruin/kill this game.

DO NOT TAKE THIS THREAD LIGHT HEARTED. For me it is just another game that I'll quit, if this game is your day job, you have to realize how serious this is.

 

I am so happy many of you agree with me on this/these points regarding transformations.

For each of my characters I spent nearly an hour to an hour in a half just in character creation defining how they look. This is a huge part of my immersion. And while I've said this before in some of my other posts: I didn't go through all of this defining how my character looks to just up and throw all that time away to look like a silly over sized fat penguin or polar bear, etc., etc., etc., that the worse cartoon animator alive wouldn't use on their worse day alive. And to have these silly transformations FORCED upon me is unthinkable, reprhensive, and literally an INSULT to my preferred immersion and creativity with the character creator in making my characters.

I was buying Transparency Scrolls. But these don't last long enough and are too expensive at 80 CC per so I've just stopped using transformations for most quests and just put up with my characters in slooooooow motion, and reduced output. There are a few campaign quests however where you have to use a transformation. I save the few transparency scrolls I can afford for these so my character looks like who she is, and not some ridiculous imitation of a cartoon.

In truth, if the current transformation machination doesn't change, my future in Aion will be to log in, flutter around Enshar a bit till I get bored, maybe shop a little then log out for the day. Which is sad really for I subbed to this game for many years and bought Prestige after that monthly. 

With 6x, so much of Aion has been lost though, and to have this transformation into silly looking cartoons compounded with all of the other negativities being FORCED upon us piled on top of it to tell you the truth I'm only holding out for hope NCW, GF, and the powers that be in Korea will come to their senses and realize they made some huge boo-boo's and correct them............

     ..................For my spirit has already left the game........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, no need for them PvE, I've leveled one to 80 and, a second to 60 - be 80 in 2 more days and NEVER used a transformation. Okay so I move slower, so be it, I'll just take a couple extra minutes to get there is all. PvP/Groups well, when they kick me for not using transformations, i just find another group. Post in LFG and specify no transform, you get a group to do it without transformations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Nope, no need for them PvE, I've leveled one to 80 and, a second to 60 - be 80 in 2 more days and NEVER used a transformation. Okay so I move slower, so be it, I'll just take a couple extra minutes to get there is all. PvP/Groups well, when they kick me for not using transformations, i just find another group. Post in LFG and specify no transform, you get a group to do it without transformations.

I'm currently doing the same as you. However I've already gotten bored with the limited content - something I thought would never happen with Aion. I do realise that maybe they'll add content later on and this is one of the things I'm holding out for. And since I'm mostly PVE the sloooooooow motion while aggravating at times I can live with it.

However I have ran into a few campaign quests that require you to use a transformation. So I have to purchase transparency scrolls to do these - ergo if I want my character to look like who she is, I'm being forced to buy them, which is my point.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
13 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

P.S. i know you can buy 1 transformation contract per week for 9,9m but that is absolutely nothing. people have opened 200x contracts only to get nothing good.

Since they are account wide, you can buy one on each character on your account each week.. even if they are on another server. I bought 8 the first week. Ofc I didn't get a single Ancient! lol.

I have also gotten two contracts from the pumpkin event. Ofc they were both whites! lol.

With the pumpkin event, you can get an ancient guaranteed from the 20 turn in or 2 from the 35 turn in.

Not saying that the availability is great, but just suggesting other ways to get contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

A lot

Bro, i can't even start to understand what your criteria is, that you consider those the "most impartant problems" in this update xD

The transformation contracts are a bonus, is not part of your base character features, xD so it obviously will have some degree of trade-off.

The trader broker fees doesn't matter, the broker doesn't generate money, while there is not a reliable source of kinah there is not gonna be movement there. and you can always put on your store with items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I am so happy many of you agree with me on this/these points regarding transformations.

For each of my characters I spent nearly an hour to an hour in a half just in character creation defining how they look.

You are not alone, i am a skin hoarder, I wish they gave us a better and more affordable way to use our skins without losing them. Luna wardrobe is pretty limited and fairly expensive.

2 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

Nope, no need for them PvE, I've leveled one to 80 and, a second to 60 - be 80 in 2 more days and NEVER used a transformation. Okay so I move slower, so be it, I'll just take a couple extra minutes to get there is all. PvP/Groups well, when they kick me for not using transformations, i just find another group. Post in LFG and specify no transform, you get a group to do it without transformations.

...PVE is not leveling from lvl 1 to lvl 80, it is doing pve instances as well. you need those transformation scrolls if you want to do them correctly. And just because some groups accept to carry you without a scroll that doesn't mean a whole group will be without transformations.

55 minutes ago, Edmond-KT said:

Bro, i can't even start to understand what your criteria is, that you consider those the "most impartant problems" in this update xD

The transformation contracts are a bonus, is not part of your base character features, xD so it obviously will have some degree of trade-off.

The trader broker fees doesn't matter, the broker doesn't generate money, while there is not a reliable source of kinah there is not gonna be movement there. and you can always put on your store with items.

Are you sure we play the same game? If you ever log in Aion you will see that without the scrolls you have no stats. Running speed, casting speed etc are all nothing without them. I mean people used scrolls till 5.8 and those scrolls weren't the most OP to stats. When a transformation can give you +35% c.speed (just a good one, not the best) tell me again how I can play the game without it when others will.

The broker is a kinah sink for money. If you put something in broker and you do not sell it you lost 4% of your money on that item. If an item costs 1 billion, that is a good 40m loss for no reason.

If transformations are not the No1 problem in Aion at the moment, please let me know what is?

55 minutes ago, Edmond-KT said:

 and you can always put on your store with items.

...don't reply to my question, we obviously don't play the same game. Welcome to Aion.

Edited by Arxaggelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When transformations are invisible for free, I'll use them. I can't stand them, I've tried several, have to click them off after two steps, can't fight, cant move, can't stand doing anything with one on. Can't even keep track of which character is mine when there are 5 other nyerking penguins or bears in the same area. NO, Just NO. I didn't crate my characters as I did to look like everyone else, I made them unique and, the point is, what you make in character creation is DEFAULT, you should NEVER have to pay to see the DEFAULT.

 

As it is they are forcing us to PAY to see the DEFAULT characters we made after forcing us to PAY for transformations. Should PAY to change your appearance = not changing it should be FREE PERIOD. Until it is, transformations are vendor rubbish for me. Hey, 1 kinah at a time, but you get a ton of those stupid pots it adds up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

To be fair, we have had candies forever where you couldn't see your character and those lasted an hour. The pain of being a creepy chihuahua for an hour! Ugh.

Ofc, candies were less needed, but they did give you an edge in PvE and PvP and I always used them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

To be fair, we have had candies forever where you couldn't see your character and those lasted an hour. The pain of being a creepy chihuahua for an hour! Ugh.

Ofc, candies were less needed, but they did give you an edge in PvE and PvP and I always used them.

Speaking of candies, I had some sitting in my warehouse from Aion's very first Halloween "event" during the October after launch. They didn't give you any stats but they turned you into various creatures from the game. This update deleted them. :(

Edited by Jagblade-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tease-DN   
16 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

 

  • Very important (at least for me): Transparent transformation scrolls: If you ever want to even bother selling a single skin in this game, regard giving people the ability to have affordable transparent scrolls. 80 BCM for one transparent scroll that will last max 10 minutes is inexplainable.

Transparent transformation scrolls are not a luxury item. I play in Shift+F12 to avoid looking at everyone being a kawaii/otaku/anime animal, this is not Hello kitty, it is Aion. BUT, I have to look at my character looking like it as well if I want to do anything.
Someone said transparent transformation scrolls are a way to hide from the other guy that I am using a powerful transformation and thus get him off guard and win a pvp and yes that did make sense.
AT LEAST give us the ability to turn off the animal looks in our client, just like we turn off titles/names/ characters with Shift +F12 etc... why not give us the ability to hide the transformation look as well? Even if it is for our own character only while we see all others with their transformations. I cannot play this game looking like a rabbit, people might not have a problem with it. I already play with Shift+F12 to avoid ruining my aesthetics for this game so I already do not know who has a transformation or not. For me it is like everyone is like playing with a transparent transformation scroll since I do not even see their characters, except me that I have to see myself like this.

 

 

This, This right here.

Could not stand the panda/animal candies in the beginning, but you could get away without utilizing them...now they're kinda immensely helpful...so you constantly have to use em..

Really hate this feature, idk why the dev's think this transform into animals/other nonsense is a cool/fun/great concept, cause it's not. How about they take the transforms, and just flipping provide you a scroll with those buffs that does not change your flipping character. I just don't get it. I don't get the logic, of thinking folk want to look like a creature and not their character they spent time on, to dress nicely and look nice. Mind blown.

If only this could happen:

*PROVIDE "TRANSFORMS" THAT JUST GIVE THE EXTRA STATS, NOT MAKING YOU A CREATURE.
*PROVIDE TRANSFORMS THAT DO THE SAME THING EXCEPT U CHANGE INTO A CREATURE,FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO BE CREATURES.

BOTH sides can be happy, both get the same thing stat wise, except one person can keep looking at their lovely character, others can keep looking at their lovely little creatures.
 

Edited by Tease-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wave-KT   

In notaion you can .morph to turn on or turn off the candy. Its really nice, I actually had alot skins saved up on luna and didnt buy the luna to used it yet, cuz i know i would barely see it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
24 minutes ago, Wave-KT said:

In notaion you can .morph to turn on or turn off the candy. Its really nice, I actually had alot skins saved up on luna and didnt buy the luna to used it yet, cuz i know i would barely see it..

Bring up a pirated server on the retail boards.

Brilliant!

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

To be fair, we have had candies forever where you couldn't see your character and those lasted an hour. The pain of being a creepy chihuahua for an hour! Ugh.

Ofc, candies were less needed, but they did give you an edge in PvE and PvP and I always used them.

Never used candies and did fine.  They weren't needed at all.  The small bonuses weren't worth looking stupid.  

MassivelyOP revived it's "Wings Over Atreia" column and MJ (whose first major MMO love was Aion) has discussed why 6.2 isn't for her as a returning vet.  I feel similar about most of her points.

Aion decided to decimate the change in an attempt at getting new players and streamlining the experience.  This may be good for some people but I've decided my time in Aion is in the past.

Edited by Channing-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

You say that but I don't know a single PvP group that didn't use them.

Not saying I love the new transforms. Just think all the complaining about changing the look of our characters is over blown. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You say that but I don't know a single PvP group that didn't use them.

Not saying I love the new transforms. Just think all the complaining about changing the look of our characters is over blown. That's all.

Because some people value small stat increases  and min/max over anything else.  I spent a lot of $$$ on Aion so did fine without them because my appearance mattered to me.  I didn't get enjoyment looking like a candy transform so I was happy to sacrifice small, minor stats for that.  I've seen many people not use candies, even very high level pvpers who could kill me in one rotation without candies.

Edited by Channing-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, in fact a whole legion 100+ members, the majority very good in PvP - no candy used ever. We have skins and, very good looking characters hiding all our effort we put into getting the looks we have is senseless. If they want me to do that, then refund the 5 billion or so I spent per character getting the skins and looks I wanted.Give me 3-4 months of free Prestige to compensate me for the time I spent earning that Kinah a bit at leat.

Easy Button: replace transformations with stat scrolls or pots that don't alter the character's appearance or, make invisible transformations FREE.

Until it happens, I simply will not use them, they are vendor rubbish because I REFUSE to make my characters look like rubbish regardless of the stat boost offered in doing so. I tried 3 of the pots - I had to click them off in under 3 seconds - I CANNOT play like that PERIOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i always used candy in PvP in a long chase that extra 4% mov speed could determine if you are in range or not to land some kind of disable skill to get a kill, also sometimes each little point of stats counts i'm pretty sure my MA candy + MA food + illumishinel's Bow caused those confident MR clerics a lot of Headaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i always used candy in PvP in a long chase that extra 4% mov speed could determine if you are in range or not to land some kind of disable skill to get a kill, also sometimes each little point of stats counts i'm pretty sure my MA candy + MA food + illumishinel's Bow caused those confident MR clerics a lot of Headaches

And I'm sure there are many more situations where the overall minor candy stats simply made no difference - the vast majority of encounters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Totally understanding that some people will find the transforms objectionable if they don't have an option to make them invisible. And there -is- an option for that with those special scrolls. I believe those scrolls (and the others, actually) should be cheaper and more available in game.

Just making the point that having the look of our characters altered to give us stat bonuses is not new. Yes. It was a smaller bonus before and for those of us wanting to be competitive, every little bit helped and we used them. We hated them, but we used them. It's true that the transforms are pretty much required for most everything now (other than standing around afk) and that players are pretty much forced to use them to get anything done.

The hand wringing might be just a -tad- overblown since this really isn't a new concept and there is a way to make the transform invisible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×