A plea to NCWest...

Vinley-KT

So, first off, I'd just like to state up front that I am the type of player that keeps AION servers running. I'm active, and have the income to indulge on entertainment, and would like to enjoy the game. But at this moment, there is no value to invest in.

I've been gone from the game a long time for the most part, periodically making some sparatic, short lived visits generally to be shot down by issues I still feel the game has not addressed. Aion 6.0 was the first patch in a long time I've felt was possibly worth my time and money. And despite the issues I will talk about, I feel it can be with some easy fixes.

The gear disparity and damage distribution problems are beyond toxic. For players like me, not here previous patch to soak up the glory of free P2W +30s, the free exchange gear is an atrocity to what was suppose to be a "fresh start" patch design.

While I understand paying customers needed to be coaxed, and I certainly would of been furious to find that hundreds of dollars worth of gear was rendered useless, you have essentially broken the game and brought upon the worst imbalance issues I've seen in Aion, ever. It's not only going to drive away veterans returning, but new players, instantly.

It's not simply that the gear is an advantage, hell, back in the blood mark era, you could gear out quickly as a new player and be competitive. That is not possible now. Not only would you require the ability to craft at high levels, but you would need to upgrade multiple stages with limited stones and kinah, also requiring mats that force you to DE the very same gear you are attempting to upgrade.

It will put new and returning players substaintly behind for months, not to mention because of pvp instances, new server players will be rendered absolete in the face of other servers. All around while again, I understand the concern over old players, you made a poor business choice and offered your returning and new players no ability to catch up to those said players quick enough. And, let's not also add server siege imbalances that force another subject and restrict those same players even further from upgrading.

I'm not generally one to complain, but something has to be done. Perhaps a new and returning player event that will allow new and returning players to earn that same exchange gear so that we can level the imbalance issues? Something needs to be done asap because if you think people are going to tolerate a month of being 3 shot while doing 100 damage in return you are sadly mistaken.

The other problem is the transform system. While it has slightly grown on me since my initial views of it, I still find the forced skins in the wake of scroll removals a sad ordeal. Transparency scrolls need to become vastly cheaper, buyable via kinah and in mast abundance. The game is forcing you into a skin outside of your real choosing because of stat viability, and it is really sad in a game like an MMO where people invest a lot of time to develop their favorite character designs.

There are more issues of course, but none of this magnitude or worthy of the importance of this post. I hope NC can do some serious reflecting and invest the needed changes and events as immediately as possible. The game is at a serious tipping point and you risk losing veteran and new players permanently like never before.

Just to add, the most ironic thing is outside of transforms you prohibited p2w style items from the cash shop in this patch, understanding the need to prevent imbalance, but you failed to recognize the imbalance you already have created last patch.

Please for the love of God, smarten up and fix these problems ASAP.

Fellow income haver and aion server runner here, I do agree with what mr vinley has stated and urge ncwest to take our complaints seriously. 

I understand that it's very hard for ncwest to make substantial changes to the game, things like class balance or changing a core part of the game is completely out of the question, and that's fine. What isn't fine is the fact that certain aspects of 6.2 in na is somehow worse than the status quo in other regions. 

First of all, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone who did not come into the 6.2 patch with stacks of legendary enchantment stones to reasonably enchant their gear beyond +10 purple (and even that is very far fetched). An average player gains around 2 legendary purple stones a day, and it takes on average 30 legendary pvp stones to +10 a purple item from scratch, 50-70 stones to +15 said purple item. Lets not even talk about the red tier LOL. 

Ncwest's decision to not put the stones up on the bcm is very questionable. In regions like kr or cn, p2wers (like me and mr vinley) get to purchase these stones from the shop and put them in the broker to sell for kinah, and f2pers get to purchase these stones with kinah they earn from doing other things. Same thing for manastones, unless you came to the patch with stacks of +12 manastone bundles to convert, manastones are extremely expensive and hard to get from scratch. 

Only going to briefly mention this cuz its already the past so no point making a big deal out of it but you cannot possibly have chosen a worse way to announce a new server. Not only did you not advertise it prior to the launch, you actually openly denied the possibility of a new server. I understand if this was a last minute decision but if that was the case then you should have pushed back the date, simply incredible how badly you all handled that. 

Other minor quality of life things that I cannot for the life of me understand why is the status quo of currently na patch is the fact that power shards and invisible transformation scrolls aren't available in the kinah shop. No you're not being sneaky putting them in the bcm and expect people to buy them. that's the stupidest move you can possibly make and i hope you'll state that it was a mistake because thats the only possible excuse you can come up with to explain why you decided it was a good idea to have transparent scrolls at the price of $1 each. 

like me and my friends have stated in other posts, the current time windows for instanced server activities are very inconvenient and questionable. Why have both dredge and dome open on sunday at the same time and none of them on saturday? why not have both of them be available EVERY single day but at different hours? there really is not much going on in this patch believe it or not, having the few instances left being more available will ONLY boost player activity at the cost of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU MONGLOIDS HOLY MOTHER OF GOD STOP KEEPING POSSIBLE CONTENT FROM YOUR PLAYERBASE. 

One thing I disagree with alot of people is the availability of transformation contracts. Na has actually done a pretty good job in making them available, from having a reasonable price on them ($1:1, $100 gives a guarantee ancient etc) to giving out an event right away where with just 20 pumpkins you're able to get a guarantee'd ancient contract. Keep these types of events up and hopefully people will stop complaining, but as far as im concerned its fine the way it is. 

6.x is a better patch than 5.x for sure, I really do enjoy the map as it has brought back the old katalam/danaria feel, but please realize that this game is indeed on its last legs and every minor thing you can do to help improve the QOL of the game goes a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG way. Start showing that you care about the game and we'll start swiping some more. 

Cheers

cockroach/steel
Mogang CEO 

Actually just make the pvp instances everyday instead of whatever attempt of a schedule this is, add power shards to the Kinah shop (probably 6th time I’ve asked) and add invis scrolls so all the single moms can stop pushing my forum posts to the 2nd page in an hour because their character looks an Egyptian pyramid tour guide

2 hours ago, emu-DN said:

Actually just make the pvp instances everyday instead of whatever attempt of a schedule this is, add power shards to the Kinah shop (probably 6th time I’ve asked) and add invis scrolls so all the single moms can stop pushing my forum posts to the 2nd page in an hour because their character looks an Egyptian pyramid tour guide

This might be my favorite post on the entire forum.

Why do pvp instances have to have a set time anyways? Why can't you just let people play it anytime they want? That's what makes games like wow fun, if people run out of stuff to do, they can just go to a battleground and have fun training their class in pvp all they want. On this, you have to turn your phone off, and lock the door, so you don't get disturbed during your 1 time a day pvp instance. I am trying really hard to understand the logic behind a lot of the stuff this game does, I really can't see it for the life of me.

I'm just going to briefly mention this because it's already in the past, so it does not make sense to do a big business, but it's not possible that you've chosen a worse way to announce a new server. Not only did you not publish it before the launch, but you also openly denied the possibility of a new server. I understand that this was a last minute decision, but if that was the case, then you should have delayed the date, just amazing how badly you handled it.

THIS IS REALLY BAD, INCREDIBLE BECAUSE A NEW SERVER DOES NOT RAISE ONE DAY FOR ANOTHER AND IS NOT PUBLISHED AS HIGHLIGHTED THE OPENING OF THIS NEW SERVER. WE FEEL DEFEATED I BELIEVE MOST PLAYERS WHO RETURNED AND HAVE INVESTED FOR A LONG TIME THINKING REALLY IN A NEW BEGINNING; THE MAPS ARE NOT BAD BUT THE ECONOMY; THE EXCHANGE RATES AND OTHER THINGS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW IS LEAVING US OUT OF THE GAME ................

2 hours ago, Raiuken-KT said:

Why do pvp instances have to have a set time anyways? Why can't you just let people play it anytime they want? That's what makes games like wow fun, if people run out of stuff to do, they can just go to a battleground and have fun training their class in pvp all they want. On this, you have to turn your phone off, and lock the door, so you don't get disturbed during your 1 time a day pvp instance. I am trying really hard to understand the logic behind a lot of the stuff this game does, I really can't see it for the life of me.

Because this isn't wow. We don't have the population to make that viable. Que times on average at its current state is already 15minutes, if it's open all day then expect que times to be an hour +. 

6 minutes ago, cockroach-DN said:

Because this isn't wow. We don't have the population to make that viable. Que times on average at its current state is already 15minutes, if it's open all day then expect que times to be an hour +. 

If this game did things even sort of like WoW did, they would have thousands of players. It's a good game, the pvp is good, even better than WoW pvp. It's just all the other stuff ruins it. I don't get why the Devs don't have the ability to see what is a good idea or a bad idea, Even I have that ability and I never went to school to design games.

Ah the mighty Vinley has spoken. Thank you for being a spokesman for those of us disgusted by the gear gap/imbalance in pvp as well as for addressing other important issues. Agree with all your point. I'll Like your post when I have more Likes to issue (been running out of Likes lately for all the excellent posts I've been seeing recently).

I think is a little complicated to find a fair point for everyone. 

In 5.X real money was enought to buy and enchant a complete gear. Some people used a lot of money then, and is not fair for them to just remove all that and make them lose their money. But you have a point when you say that those rewards gave them a huge advantage now, compared with returning and casual players. But it is really hard to be fair with both sides. The mistake was 5.X and the tradeable gear with enchanments levels limited only by your wallet. 

About the blood marks gear from 4.X, we actually have something similar and it seems to be nice. We do not have medals or coins, but we have some rocks that are tokens!. We have the camp system back, like with blood marks. And we can buy some basic gear doing them, like blood marks. But now they mixed the abyss system on it. Cause the basic gear obtained doing camps, can be upgraded to legendary and ultimate by doing more quest in camps and PvP instances (dredgions, Idgel Dome and Evergale). Those instances provide a lot of enchantment stones, materials and huge amounts of AP. Also by doing more camps you can buy more basic gear to DE and get more materials. With that you can enchant your basic gear and use the materials and AP to upgrade it. Upgrading that gear is harder than getting the basic one. But that is similar than our old abyss gear (wasn´t so easy to get). 

The trasnformations are something different, and it seems that nobody is so happy with that. I hope that will be modified in some way to fit our community. 

22 hours ago, Daviar-KT said:

I'm just going to briefly mention this because it's already in the past, so it does not make sense to do a big business, but it's not possible that you've chosen a worse way to announce a new server. Not only did you not publish it before the launch, but you also openly denied the possibility of a new server. I understand that this was a last minute decision, but if that was the case, then you should have delayed the date, just amazing how badly you handled it.

THIS IS REALLY BAD, INCREDIBLE BECAUSE A NEW SERVER DOES NOT RAISE ONE DAY FOR ANOTHER AND IS NOT PUBLISHED AS HIGHLIGHTED THE OPENING OF THIS NEW SERVER. WE FEEL DEFEATED I BELIEVE MOST PLAYERS WHO RETURNED AND HAVE INVESTED FOR A LONG TIME THINKING REALLY IN A NEW BEGINNING; THE MAPS ARE NOT BAD BUT THE ECONOMY; THE EXCHANGE RATES AND OTHER THINGS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW IS LEAVING US OUT OF THE GAME ................

It wasn't a last minute decision. They new from beginning but they needed to make the most profit possible from the pre patch event that was going on. They knew if they announced a new server, lot of ppl wouldn't participate in the event that involved spending real money to enchant your stuff for the new patch gear conversions and would start a new character on this new server instead. In what world are you living cause the minute they said a new server was coming up I knew that it is all about cash grab now. So I won't spend a dime on anything here until the game dies or NC Soft learns how to run a game properly and remove this stupid transformation stuff or make it so I can turn on or off the appearance change on my character and many other stupid mechanics going on now.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:32 AM, Lutien-KT said:

It wasn't a last minute decision. They new from beginning but they needed to make the most profit possible from the pre patch event that was going on. They knew if they announced a new server, lot of ppl wouldn't participate in the event that involved spending real money to enchant your stuff for the new patch gear conversions and would start a new character on this new server instead. In what world are you living cause the minute they said a new server was coming up I knew that it is all about cash grab now. So I won't spend a dime on anything here until the game dies or NC Soft learns how to run a game properly and remove this stupid transformation stuff or make it so I can turn on or off the appearance change on my character and many other stupid mechanics going on now.

Exactly. NCSoft purposely withheld info about the new server to maximize profits. Let's also not forget how they gave us less than 24-hour advance notice that exchange gear needed to be finalized by 12 PM rather than at midnight.

Archived