Q1 2019 earning - Aion lowest income,Lineage 1 dropped big hit almost 50%

Neleth-KT

9 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Please no Classic server. L2's classic is pure p2w.

And Aion right now isn't p2w ? ¬¬

Anyway Aion is seem at dead end if they don't produce something more renovate than renewal skills and new gears the situation won't be better.
6.0 isn't successful at both sale and at players feedback if you look back to Q1 2017 sale it's worse than 5.8 era including our own 6.2 launch the sale decreased as well.

New painter class rises sale for a while but now it back to dead again.

There is no Aion classic server in Korea. There will be no Aion classic server here.

NCsoft has no priority for Aion, domestically and internationally. We're already treated only slightly better than maintenance mode. We have one guy who communicates with us, and he's one of the guys for BnS, so we never get to see him.

Hell, I think Guild Wars 1 almost gets more attention than we (in NA) do, and GW1 is just a dude who works on it in his spare time. It took two weeks for NCsoft to push out a fix for a gamebreaking bug in Aion that didn't merely hamstring progression but rather slammed it into a solid wall. That's appalling under any circumstance.

They're going to keep us open; they're just also going to get as much money out of the playerbase as possible, and we're the idiots who'll keep feeding it to them.

Funny.

I made a similar post about how Aion was doing so well last quarter. Now this quarter, everything has miraculously improved and Aion failing. Honestly, this game has some many things added to it along with stuff that got removed... just asking your average veteran Aion player which things they like the most. I reckon the survey listing all the features in the last 10 years would be massive. Maybe even take an hour to fill out! You might be thinking, no one has time for that.

But I've seen people donate money to help other transfer off a dead server. The passion for this game is undeniable, and I'd think people would spend the time to tell NCsoft EXACTLY what they want for this game if they ever bloody asked us.

TLDR:

You can't say one patch will kill Aion or save it. Only NCsoft can kill it.

50 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

They going to keep us open ? You forgot what happened to Wildstar and MxM ? xD

Wildstar was a non-directNCsoft development studio game that was doomed before it even launched.

MXM was an experiment that failed miserably, in part because NCsoft refused to give it the resources it needed to even try to be successful.

Aion is established and developed directly by NCsoft, so there's a greater chance that they'll keep it open for a while, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did close it in NA. I just doubt they will anytime soon. They're still getting money out of us. When that money dries up...?

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

And Aion right now isn't p2w ? ¬¬

Not as much. Aion P2W is acceptable right now. I don't mind people spending $200-$2k to get their legendary transformation. I'll get mine eventually (should have it by now if I had not stoped playing during events). Other than that, the shop does't really have anything worth buying. Sure you can sell BCM things for kinah and that will help you quite a bit, but meh. I don't care really.

5 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx

Lineage 2 and BnS are the best sellers.

Incoming close of Aion ? Expect soon ? Maybe it's time to launch Aion classic server like Lineage 2 did ? :o
If you noticed ever since Linage 2 launched classic servers the sale rises more than 25%

You forgot about Aion Master Server.

It was classic server already

they're not doing another "classic" just accept the game is dead

1 minute ago, Lapis-DN said:

You forgot about Aion Master Server.

It was classic server already

they're not doing another "classic" just accept the game is dead

That master server came in time that classic wasn't really needed.
And it was heavy modified to PvP not original Aion.

I would launch 3.0 classic with how it was play back in 2012 without modify anything but skills,char creation,customize skill chains.

Not sure what's there to see ?
NA/Aion revenue barely changed at all, i.e. they will keep doing exactly the same stupid shit they've been doing since 6.0 because (despite our complaints) apparently it works just fine.

bqaDAYR.png

DsNeakZ.png

28 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

NA/Aion revenue barely changed at all, i.e. they will keep doing exactly the same stupid shit they've been doing since 6.0 because (despite our complaints) apparently it works just fine.

Exactly! I see people complaining about P2W and, well, they are doing it to get their legendary. That's not how you protest! I'm not spending my precious NCoin in this event. I want a legendary, I really do, but not at this price, not in a event that doesn't give ANYTHING extra to people that have prestige.

38 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Fixed myself : Lineage 1 sale down almost 100%,Lineage 2 sale rises almost 100% ever since launch of classic server.

As I said before, L2 is EXTREMELY P2W. You HAVE to P2W to progress or else you will be a walking dummie for the P2W people to slaughter! I'd not like to see that implemented in Aion. Aion's P2W is OK at this momment IMO.

On 10/05/2019 at 9:57 PM, Capa-KT said:

bqaDAYR.png

DsNeakZ.png

I've been slowly more curious about this recently. So I today i picked random quarterly's to see what's up with NC. Turns out, they've been doing fine since they've been f2p maintaining 25 billion won per quarter. Interestingly, they dropped approximately 100% from the monthly sub model (check 2013 Q2 or Q3 since f2p started around 2012)

The other things I've noticed every huge influx of income has come from other titles or get this, new monetisation schemes. I also checked on what's up with mobile games. Looking at their Q2 2018 report, mobiles did a mind blowing run on sales (not profit). 727 BILLION WON, which is 222 million USD for their Q3 2017.

Compare that to 10 million USD for aion.... we're just small pickings.... hope this gives you guys some perspective.

(probably should point out, NC payroll have tripled since 2009.... so they got more people)

I thought 1Q2019 was interesting, but it was not necessarily a surprise. There was a lot of expectation around version 6.x, but after that came the mistakes of NCSoft. So I think the next chart is going to be a pretty negative surprise.

Maybe we'll see the biggest AION financial crash ever since the day the game was released.

I was playing L2 for years, but I would have to take a shot in the leg before I had to go back to that trashy game.

Aion was bound to fail because of the engine that allowed for so many hacks to exist, and a developer team that instead of fixing the errors they decided to delete 90% of the game. If they wanted, Aion could have been alive again and the only MMORG that worth playing, at least from aesthetics approach, it is still the most customizable game in character creation than any game would ever wish to be.

Archived