No way is enchanting not busted

On 6/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Aion number generator is terrible.

If something is 50%, it doesn't work once and fail once, it either works 10 times and then fail 10 times or the opposite.

Damn right, this. Also, I've failed the 75% kinah bundle 3 times out of 3 at different times... tell me how tf is that "75%"

16 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Just to give my contribution to the topic.

I've spent.. BELIEVE ME.. 8 Ultimate stones on a Ultimate Frostpark Keyblade trying to get it from 13 to 14.. ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT.

Since I was triggered with this, I just used legendary cause f**ck it.. and it OF COURSE failed. Then I've tried to get it to +13 again and failed 10 legendary from 10 to 11 IN A ROLL.. TEN STONES.

Dude, I feel sorry just for reading that. I feel your pain though. I used 10 legendary stones to go from +8 to +9 on my red wings. I then spent 5 red stones to get to +10... 5. for +10. In total, I had to spent 9 reds to get to +15. That's just... ludicrous considering how much effort goes into getting them, and how limited you are each week. They're trying to get us to buy their shitty OverPriced stones on BCM...

Oh! Proper rituals before enchanting! If you jump from the ox stand at one end of Rancora fortress and -glide- all the way back to the ox stand and only -then- enchant, you will make it every time. And if you craft your HHoM with full DP and wearing only your helmet (which has to be visible!), you will proc every time. Shhh, though. Don't share those with too many people or the magic will be broken.

This ofert dude literally failed 8 ult stones in a row. You're supposed to have "52%" success rate here. To fail 8 in a row, that's ~0.282%. You are statistically way more likely to get a kaisinel transform combining 2 legendaries. Yet this kind of thing isn't uncommon and happens to a lot of people, majority of which more than once. So yeah, "52%" my ass. "We double checked and ensured the rates are correct my ass." Maybe they thought the success rate should be like 10%, and it is indeed at 10%, but that's just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, SevenLions-KT said:

This ofert dude literally failed 8 ult stones in a row. You're supposed to have "52%" success rate here. To fail 8 in a row, that's ~0.282%. You are statistically way more likely to get a kaisinel transform combining 2 legendaries. Yet this kind of thing isn't uncommon and happens to a lot of people, majority of which more than once. So yeah, "52%" my ass. "We double checked and ensured the rates are correct my ass." Maybe they thought the success rate should be like 10%, and it is indeed at 10%, but that's just ridiculous.

Just going to point something out about your math. "52% success rate" means that each time you enchant, you have a 52% chance to succeed. Right? And that chance actually resets every single time you enchant. It's not like failing will give you a higher than 52% chance the very next time that you enchant. It's still 52%. So it is possible, especially with not-a-truly-random number generator, to roll poorly 8 times in a row since 8 is a really small sample size.

These charts that we have. They were generated by a player (or a GM in another region) who just enchanted over and over and made a chart, correct? They don't come from NCSoft or anything. How large was their sample size? How reliable are these numbers?

I agree enchanting is horrible and seems more horrible recently. I'm just looking at pure math.

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Just going to point something out about your math. "52% success rate" means that each time you enchant, you have a 52% chance to succeed. Right? And that chance actually resets every single time you enchant. It's not like failing will give you a higher than 52% chance the very next time that you enchant. It's still 52%. So it is possible, especially with not-a-truly-random number generator, to roll poorly 8 times in a row since 8 is a really small sample size.

These charts that we have. They were generated by a player (or a GM in another region) who just enchanted over and over and made a chart, correct? They don't come from NCSoft or anything. How large was their sample size? How reliable are these numbers?

I agree enchanting is horrible and seems more horrible recently. I'm just looking at pure math.

Well, that's just it. We don't know. So what we don't know, we'll just have to fill in the gap. I'm taking the percentage from the only source out there, which may or may not be accurate. The assumption here is that it's accurate. Statistically, the chance to fail at a p=52% success rate 8 times in a row is what I stated, that's was pure math. They're all "independent" (although this has been argued due to the disgusting P-RNG) events, and there's only 1 possible combination, so it's simply .48^8 = ~0.00282. The number of tries, n, isn't relevant here, whether he enchanted n=8 times or n=300 times. Just merely the fact that the isolated range of 8 consecutive failures at this p is so difficult to achieve, yet happened, is a total failure. Maybe he's a once in a blue moon case, but from all the complaints on forum, it doesn't sound like so. It's not far fetch to say a majority doubt these numbers. So revise that previous assumption: the success rate must be much lower, like p*=10-25%--this being hypothetical because we'll never know. This is the true issue here... WHY IS IT SO FREAKIN LOW?! That's what everyone is trying to drive home. If the PRNG isn't garbage, then the enchant rate itself is. 

4 hours ago, SevenLions-KT said:

Well, that's just it. We don't know. So what we don't know, we'll just have to fill in the gap. I'm taking the percentage from the only source out there, which may or may not be accurate. The assumption here is that it's accurate. Statistically, the chance to fail at a p=52% success rate 8 times in a row is what I stated, that's was pure math. They're all "independent" (although this has been argued due to the disgusting P-RNG) events, and there's only 1 possible combination, so it's simply .48^8 = ~0.00282. The number of tries, n, isn't relevant here, whether he enchanted n=8 times or n=300 times. Just merely the fact that the isolated range of 8 consecutive failures at this p is so difficult to achieve, yet happened, is a total failure. Maybe he's a once in a blue moon case, but from all the complaints on forum, it doesn't sound like so. It's not far fetch to say a majority doubt these numbers. So revise that previous assumption: the success rate must be much lower, like p*=10-25%--this being hypothetical because we'll never know. This is the true issue here... WHY IS IT SO FREAKIN LOW?! That's what everyone is trying to drive home. If the PRNG isn't garbage, then the enchant rate itself is. 

Yeah, the real tested math at play here isn't working as the rates have been tested and proven before. The only relevance the number of enchants has right now is for showing that the rate is clearly not a 52% chance every time you try an ultimate. It is very quite difficult to flip a coin (50% chance) and get tails 8 times in a row. In computer code there is really no such thing as a truly random number generator, but lately something is proven to be off in code. Either their RNG code is getting hung up somewhere and not producing numbers properly (for this you wouldn't just look at enchant rates but everything else RNG based as well), or like everything else NA they have decided to nerf our rates compared to the other regions which is a high possibility.

the enchant rate is  horrible, whether its gear , weapons, accessory's, or stigma's and im sure the dev skills as well. i feel the numbers that were given were just numbers that were thrown out there tbh. failure rate is unreal for it to be stated rates. thats why i quit enchanting  anything of mine,hell i have tons of problems getting ancients to 15 if i even can, the very few legendary i have i cant get past 3, and red which i dont have any of , if i did im sure it wouldent go to 2.

@ofert-KT @SevenLions-KT maybe you guys are not approaching enchanting in the correct way :D ?

On 5/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, Aly-DN said:

Oh! Proper rituals before enchanting! If you jump from the ox stand at one end of Rancora fortress and -glide- all the way back to the ox stand and only -then- enchant, you will make it every time. And if you craft your HHoM with full DP and wearing only your helmet (which has to be visible!), you will proc every time. Shhh, though. Don't share those with too many people or the magic will be broken.

Thank you Aly! Ritual worked perfectly :P

Archived