I wish PVE 65+

GenericUser3936

Hello,

AION developers: could you please think in the possibility of PVE players keep playing in PVE mode only after we get lvl 65? Because it is really frustrating when we finally get there and can't complete quests because players just want easy kills while I'm questing :( I feel really sad and even give up playing for this reason :( 

Thank you!

<3

Aion is a PvPvE game. It will always have PvP and PvE. The people who would rather just PvP have to do some PvE to gear up and the people that would rather just PvE have to deal with some PvP at some point. The Fast Track Sever delayed that inevitability for you, but it couldn't forever. Now you are truly playing Aion. If you don't want to get ganked/farmed/murdered, you will need to get some PvP gear and learn to defend yourself so that you can continue your PvE.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad idea. That is actually one of the reasons many people leave aion already, because it becomes too much PvE.  Inggison for example used to be a PvX area, now they removed the fortresses and artifacts over there and it is a pve area now. Cygnea is also mostly pve now. Heck, even Eltnen on standard server used to be pvp.  Earlier on fast track stopped at level 50 (was later extended to 55). And now you can freewheel through both Inggison and Cygnea without ever being worried to hit by an asmo.  I was used that asmos were camping at the entrance of Rentus base or in front of henor village. If you wanted to go to rentus you knew you had to deal with asmos over there or if leaving rentus they already waited for you to smack you down. Lower reshanta used to be more living and there was an eye of reshanta once. Now all dead and gone.
You know, i was beaten at eltnen for the first time just when i was doing quests. Hit by a higher up asmo ranger, 2 times. I was at the standard server then. At inggison i was also beaten near the altar of avarice, it was always crawling with asmos there. And at rentus it was always jackpot there, as groups of asmos were camping there. Now  at Iluma i still get beaten sometimes. I'm not a pro at pvp. But i don't care about that. I just stand up again and then fight back. You get used to it.  You know you play a game which contains both PvE and PvP and you know that sooner or later you will face PvP. If you don't like PvP then i'm afraid aion is not the game for you. 
I actually really miss those times asmos were showing up outside eltnen fortress or you could beat them at the isle of disgrace or leibo island at lower reshanta or the groups that were camping just outside henor or at rentus entrance. Regions like inggison and cygnea ain't the same anymore, lower reshanta is too quiet, levinshor is also kinda dead, instances like tiamat stronghold or rentus/occupied rentus or beshmundir are hardly done anymore, same goes for ophidian bridge.  The game is too quiet at some places and that is all due that it went too much in the direction of PvE at the lower regions and the addition of that fledgling daeva stuff which killed the market and made all those coins (silver, gold, platinum, etc) and daevanion armors (renewed, resurgent) obsolete, as well as the rewards you get from nebrith (those growth quests called a higher calling)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 9:04 PM, Viraninde-DN said:

Bad idea. That is actually one of the reasons many people leave aion already, because it becomes too much PvE.  Inggison for example used to be a PvX area, now they removed the fortresses and artifacts over there and it is a pve area now. Cygnea is also mostly pve now. Heck, even Eltnen on standard server used to be pvp. 

Earlier on fast track stopped at level 50 (was later extended to 55). And now you can freewheel through both Inggison and Cygnea without ever being worried to hit by an asmo.  I was used that asmos were camping at the entrance of Rentus base or in front of henor village. If you wanted to go to rentus you knew you had to deal with asmos over there or if leaving rentus they already waited for you to smack you down. Lower reshanta used to be more living and there was an eye of reshanta once. Now all dead and gone.

You know, i was beaten at eltnen for the first time just when i was doing quests. Hit by a higher up asmo ranger, 2 times. I was at the standard server then. At inggison i was also beaten near the altar of avarice, it was always crawling with asmos there. And at rentus it was always jackpot there, as groups of asmos were camping there. Now  at Iluma i still get beaten sometimes. I'm not a pro at pvp. But i don't care about that. I just stand up again and then fight back. You get used to it.  You know you play a game which contains both PvE and PvP and you know that sooner or later you will face PvP. If you don't like PvP then i'm afraid aion is not the game for you. 

I actually really miss those times asmos were showing up outside eltnen fortress or you could beat them at the isle of disgrace or leibo island at lower reshanta or the groups that were camping just outside henor or at rentus entrance. Regions like inggison and cygnea ain't the same anymore, lower reshanta is too quiet, levinshor is also kinda dead, instances like tiamat stronghold or rentus/occupied rentus or beshmundir are hardly done anymore, same goes for ophidian bridge.

The game is too quiet at some places and that is all due that it went too much in the direction of PvE at the lower regions and the addition of that fledgling daeva stuff which killed the market and made all those coins (silver, gold, platinum, etc) and daevanion armors (renewed, resurgent) obsolete, as well as the rewards you get from nebrith (those growth quests called a higher calling)

Quoted for paragraphing so people might actually read it.

On 13/10/2017 at 8:04 AM, Viraninde-DN said:

Bad idea. That is actually one of the reasons many people leave aion already, because it becomes too much PvE.  Inggison for example used to be a PvX area, now they removed the fortresses and artifacts over there and it is a pve area now. Cygnea is also mostly pve now. Heck, even Eltnen on standard server used to be pvp.  Earlier on fast track stopped at level 50 (was later extended to 55). And now you can freewheel through both Inggison and Cygnea without ever being worried to hit by an asmo.  I was used that asmos were camping at the entrance of Rentus base or in front of henor village. If you wanted to go to rentus you knew you had to deal with asmos over there or if leaving rentus they already waited for you to smack you down. Lower reshanta used to be more living and there was an eye of reshanta once. Now all dead and gone.
I actually really miss those times asmos were showing up outside eltnen fortress or you could beat them at the isle of disgrace or leibo island at lower reshanta or the groups that were camping just outside henor or at rentus entrance. Regions like inggison and cygnea ain't the same anymore, lower reshanta is too quiet, levinshor is also kinda dead, instances like tiamat stronghold or rentus/occupied rentus or beshmundir are hardly done anymore, same goes for ophidian bridge.  The game is too quiet at some places and that is all due that it went too much in the direction of PvE at the lower regions and the addition of that fledgling daeva stuff which killed the market and made all those coins (silver, gold, platinum, etc) and daevanion armors (renewed, resurgent) obsolete, as well as the rewards you get from nebrith (those growth quests called a higher calling)

I´m not agree with that. Actually Im totally oposed about htat idea. 

Yes, a bunch of people complains beacuse we do not have rifts and they can not chase ungeared low level players. But htas is not even PvP. That is abusing and making other people game annoying. I left Aion the first time just because of that! I started Aion in a pruvate (pirate) server. Didn´t even know about na.aiononlline at that time. When I arrived to elten was totally impossible to me to complete a single quest. I was just lvl 30 totally ungeared and every time I left the city to try to do something to get experience I was killed by somebody with purple name. No. nobody likes that. If you want rifts and kill low level people, go to one of those pirate server and be happy. More people leave the game for the frustration when they are not able to do quest than those people cheating and killing lowies. 

what we need today is a real PvPvE map. Like we had with Sarpan, Tiamaranta, Katalam, Danaria and Idian Depths. There you have many quest for PvE and PvP and was easy to go everywhere and do whatever you want. Camps was a great idea about how to give some easy PvP gear by doing casual and funny PvP. Rifts are annoying for everyone. A lot of time to go to other map and finally you will only find people trying to do quest and who do not want to fight with you. And yes, we still have Kaldor and Levinshor but nobody goes there. 

Aion had so many changes and a some of those were really a bad idea. A lot of players left the game because of the maps destroyed, a lot of P2W events, Bots, no animation software and other cheating softwares, a bad focus on the sieges, lots of changes with stigmas, skills, etc. A game that was focused on groupal effort and now is just grinding for exp in single mode. Lot of effort and time required to get a decent gear and now with real money you can have all. Those are the reassons to lose a lot of players. Rifts and not being able to disturb low level players are not the reassons. 
And more!. all those players complaining about so few players and the need to have more people to disturb in open world PvP and suggested that a merge was the only answer and could save the game by giving you more lowies to kill, should be happy now and show everybody how the game will be saved. 

• 1 month later...

my girlfriend and i both play Aion, and we really enjoyed working the lower levels together, strengthening ourselves and not worrying about the PVP, we stayed out of the abyss and major PVP areas but now that is unavoidable, its nearly impossible to leave Azphel's Sanctuary as a squishy ( i'm a sin she is a sorc) and when you CAN leave there, its only a mater of time before you are killed off by enemies who you work to avoid and steer clear from, out of curtsy, in case they are monster farming ( as my gf and i tend to do at times as well) its gotten impossible for her to leave lvl 67 and for me to overcome 68. it has gotten so frustrating, the guild we managed disbanded and went our separate ways due to the stress of getting killed just by walking out of the gate, here is a simple solution: make a PVE ONLY server, and let us transfer characters there, if you do not want to join in the PVP stay out of THAT server. make the ONLY pvp in that server the Abyss, a standalone PVE server shouldn't be difficult to run even with the recent server merges. thank you for all of those who at least read this and to those that are civil about the discussion. 

This topic has been talked for ages, long time ago. Easy put: no one wants a PvE server. There are were too many people that would join it, and the PvPers would have no one to kill. Aion is a PvP-oriented game, so there must be some danger, at least at the end game. Devs decided to lose the people like you and your gf, rather than the PvPers that spent more money on the game. And it's understandable.

If you don't like to be killed in Iluma/Norsvold, play somewhere else, or use your lv66+ toons just for instances, not to farm mobs/questing alone or in 2.

13 hours ago, JulianTheWolf-DN said:

my girlfriend and i both play Aion, and we really enjoyed working the lower levels together, strengthening ourselves and not worrying about the PVP, we stayed out of the abyss and major PVP areas but now that is unavoidable, its nearly impossible to leave Azphel's Sanctuary as a squishy ( i'm a sin she is a sorc) and when you CAN leave there, its only a mater of time before you are killed off by enemies who you work to avoid and steer clear from, out of curtsy, in case they are monster farming ( as my gf and i tend to do at times as well) its gotten impossible for her to leave lvl 67 and for me to overcome 68. it has gotten so frustrating, the guild we managed disbanded and went our separate ways due to the stress of getting killed just by walking out of the gate, here is a simple solution: make a PVE ONLY server, and let us transfer characters there, if you do not want to join in the PVP stay out of THAT server. make the ONLY pvp in that server the Abyss, a standalone PVE server shouldn't be difficult to run even with the recent server merges. thank you for all of those who at least read this and to those that are civil about the discussion. 

While I'm really sorry to hear that your guild disbanded, your story doesn't surprise me. The advantage that we veterans have is that we always levelled  in open world, so we dealt with ganking, PVP and PVE. Currently, people level very quickly and have the illusion that Aion is a purely PVE game until level 66. In reality, it is a PVP/PVE game, and it's unfair to expect people to be able to jump into PVP as a 66 against level 75s.

In your case,  you should be at or close to Adma and TTC, so you should be able to get into those easily, plus Luna and Fissure for exp, so you won't be blocked from progression. Especially with one of you playing as a sin, you have a good opportunity to be strategic about PVP, think more like a :ph34r: don't just run around, you'll get picked off right away.

However, for your long-term enjoyment, even if you want to PVE, you'll want to have PVP gear since getting to PVE instances could involve PVP. This is part of Aion, I don't think it will ever change, the most the designers have ever done is put up special portals when a faction has earned them.

Archived