Why pay the 15$ monthly

Goanad-KT

Per the subject title....what does this give me and why should I do it or not do it? 

My wife and I quit Aion the first time before FTP moved in when the Abyss was still a thing.....

Just because I want to support the game I went ahead and paid 15 for the first month. I just can't detect what if anything was gotten from that purchase. 

Why Pay The 15$ Monthly ?

-Because you find the benfits from Prestige useful to you and your playstyle.

i think you need to reformulate your question, i guess that is not the anwser you were looking for right ? lmao

So let's break down Prestige Benefits for you mate

-Extra entries to almost all instances 

Each week you will get the following extra entries to the useful instances:  7 IB, 4 AD, 4 ID, 4 EC, 1 CoE, 1 Mirash, 1 BoS, 1 FM, 1 PF, 1HM, 1 IDD, this is 26 extra entries per week. To reset instances you need 80 Luna per each reset. So at 104 entries per month you get 8.320 lunas worths of resets, wich is abit more than 100 dollars, while a Prestige Pack it's worth 1600  Coins/Luna.

- 1 Daily chest with a random reward.

-Access to an exclusive token ''Prestige Coin'' wich is a world drop from any mob and a chest with coins and candies from instances bosses,(wich is account tradable so you can farm it with your alts too) with this coin you can get Consumables, Skins, Permanent mounts, and the best Tittle in game so far.

-Access to exclusive Quests that rewards you 160  Spirit fragments 4 ultimate PvE stones  800 Prestige coins 800k AP per month per Character

- A really Good undispellable buff available to all your toons, that gives 400 PvE atk  & 300 PvE defence (this amount is like upgrading Ultimate wings & plume to +15)

-  Buffs:

AP +30% (i think it works on HM too don't remember)

Exp +30% Awesome buff, rlly usefull as we need Tons of Exp to Morph enchanment Stones.

Drop+30%, meh a bit extra drop

Glory Points +50 % on sieges, you will need this if you want to reach High Ranks

Znvg2Ao.png&key=7517a292ef86bfd573dc0170

guys tell me if i missed something :P

-Access to exclusive Quests that rewards you 160  Spirit fragments 4 ultimate PvE stones  800 Prestige coins 800k AP per month per Character

Is there a quest for ultimate stones? :o i havent see it, can you tell me where or how to take it?

Well, I found the prestige coin. 

Everything else is craftily concealed...somewhere :) 

I dont mind reading manuals and "how to's" but didnt think the monthly benefits would be this much of a "find  it" type quest. 

1 hour ago, 1s5F940-KT said:

Everything else is craftily concealed...somewhere :) 

3 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

-Extra entries to almost all instances 

Nothing to find here. You just automatically have extra entries to instances. Other people will have 4 entries to Frozen Monolith; you'll have 5.

- 1 Daily chest with a random reward.

This will show up in your inventory after you are logged in for 10 minutes. It's a gold chest. If you accidentally get it on an alt you don't need it, you can put it in your account warehouse to get out on your main.

These quests are all located at the same NPC. It's a shugo with a pink marker above his head located in your home base in Lakrum, and also in every map, including Pandaemonium, Ishalgen, Beluslan, etc. He's next to the Prestige vending machine.

- A really Good undispellable buff available to all your toons, that gives 400 PvE atk  & 300 PvE defence (this amount is like upgrading Ultimate wings & plume to +15)

This buff is given to you by another shugo NPC, located next to the one mentioned above near the vending machine.

-  Buffs:

AP +30% (i think it works on HM too don't remember)

Exp +30% Awesome buff, rlly usefull as we need Tons of Exp to Morph enchanment Stones.

Drop+30%, meh a bit extra drop

Glory Points +50 % on sieges, you will need this if you want to reach High Ranks

These are automatically applied to your account. You don't have to do anything to get them.

13 minutes ago, 1s5F940-KT said:

I have the repose buff as always....but nothing else. 

Hit P for your character sheet. Select the last tab which says "Account". It will say "Account Type: Truly Free".  What does it say under "Purchase Information"? If you have the Prestige Pack it should say, "Prestige Society Benefits" and then the number of days you have remaining. The details box below that will give you the benefits that you receive. They are:

• Hunting/PvP Abyss Points +30%
  • Strong Energy of Repose
  • Item Drop Rate +30%
  • XP +30%
  • Attendance Reward Available
  • Siege Reward Boost
  • Prestige Content Access
  • Instance Entry Boost

1 minute ago, 1s5F940-KT said:

I figured out some of the problem...but still no luck hand buff....

You have to go to the shugo next to the vending machine that sells the Prestige items and talk to him. He gives you the lucky hand buff for 24 hours. You have to renew it every 24 hours.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

You have to go to the shugo next to the vending machine that sells the Prestige items and talk to him. He gives you the lucky hand buff for 24 hours. You have to renew it every 24 hours.

okay...i can do that. Thanks. 

My only other problem I am not sure anyone can help with...as a 78 cleric I have 32k hp and 29k mana and I just got one shot killed by an asmo in Lakrum..... clearly I have a lot to learn. 

1 hour ago, 1s5F940-KT said:

okay...i can do that. Thanks. 

My only other problem I am not sure anyone can help with...as a 78 cleric I have 32k hp and 29k mana and I just got one shot killed by an asmo in Lakrum..... clearly I have a lot to learn. 

Not much to learn this is a gear based game for the most part. You will continue to get 1-5 shot for the next 1-5 months depends how aggressive you play the game. 

3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Not much to learn this is a gear based game for the most part. You will continue to get 1-5 shot for the next 1-5 months depends how aggressive you play the game. 

What HP\Mana level should I have?

3 minutes ago, 1s5F940-KT said:

What HP\Mana level should I have?

You will get those stats with new gear. Just Aim for legendary genesis crystal gear then go from there. You will need to wait for someone else to answer you tho on this matter because 7.0 is coming up and i am not sure what set is preferred for clerics. I think all gear becomes the same end goal in 7.0 but again i am not to sure on this i like patches to be surprises for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

Lil necro here, but... they don't deserve any cent. The community is completely, and I mean completely ignored. Why pay them? For real. Plus that no gm online in game ( if ever) and the forum is "forgotten", mods never coming to forum, only cyan bothering to log in to post about the maintenance every wednesday and to close the same post because it's not constructive? Lol.

Wondering why you can't edit multiple times... anyway, Cyan, you know, even when topics on this forum are super constructive, the team doesn't give a crap and don't don't change anything and the community is ignored, so it's in vain.

1 minute ago, Shinryu-EK said:

Wondering why you can't edit multiple times... anyway, Cyan, you know, even when topics on this forum are super constructive, the team doesn't give a crap and don't don't change anything and the community is ignored, so it's in vain.

You got like 2 minutes or something after your original post to edit it. I often want to go back and change something that does not sound right but i always take to long LOL.

7 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You got like 2 minutes or something after your original post to edit it. I often want to go back and change something that does not sound right but i always take to long LOL.

Oh alright, thanks for info ?. Still, I edited the first post 22 min ago, and still can't again If I want.

13 hours ago, Shinryu-EK said:

Lil necro here, but... they don't deserve any cent. The community is completely, and I mean completely ignored. Why pay them? For real. Plus that no gm online in game ( if ever) and the forum is "forgotten", mods never coming to forum, only cyan bothering to log in to post about the maintenance every wednesday and to close the same post because it's not constructive? Lol.

Er, because Aion, like any game needs some $$ to grow and survive maybe.... Don't get me wrong I'm not intending to be sarcastic  here and I do get where you are coming from. However I don't think we're actually being ignored here. I feel its more of an issue of lack of personel ie: staff available to address the many many issues being brought up in these forums rather than a disregard for what we have to say. I know both Cyan and Hime do their best but they are only two ppl that have to relate all of these concerns to NCWest, etc. Just IMHO that is.

5 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Er, because Aion, like any game needs some $$ to grow and survive maybe.... Don't get me wrong I'm not intending to be sarcastic  here and I do get where you are coming from. However I don't think we're actually being ignored here. I feel its more of an issue of lack of personel ie: staff available to address the many many issues being brought up in these forums rather than a disregard for what we have to say. I know both Cyan and Hime do their best but they are only two ppl that have to relate all of these concerns to NCWest, etc. Just IMHO that is.

Lack of personnel would translate to being ignored my dear.

If you do not invest sufficient resources to address your customer's issues, typically they will not spend their money at your establishment and they will go elsewhere. 

NC not putting resources on Aion means that their priorities lie elsewhere - businesses don't ignore their best customers or most important projects or they go out of business eventually.

We are at the bottom of the list. It is as simple as that.

6 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Er, because Aion, like any game needs some $$ to grow and survive maybe....

There's so many things wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to start. If they wanted money, they would fire this instant whoever is in charge of the BCM itemization and pricing, and put someone there who isn't a complete idiot (or who isn't trying to suck everything, and I mean everything, out of the Aion whales) and at least finished one beginner's course in economics. And maybe make them communicate with one or a few guys in-game to make sure the prices are proper.

Took 3 min to make this to illustrate because whoever made the pricing and decided which items get to be on the BCM has never played the game for more than 15 min. Never. The times calculated for the transformation scrolls are for legendary transforms.

E4D8W2F.png

It annoys the shit out of me to have to tell some guy that just came back to the game "oh yeah ALL the free titles were removed, so you will be moving 3~5% slower than EVERYONE in the game, guaranteed, unless you drop 20$ on the game right off the bat just to start 1 character. But wait, there's more ! now you also need a transformation that you can't acquire unless you do all of these instances, every CD every week and you also need to make alts you don't always want to play and also put them on CD until you get at least an ancient for your class (otherwise you run 15~35% slower than EVERYONE else, you fall behind in all pvp, you fall behind in all pve, hell even mobs will catch you and kill you probably) or just drop 100~500$ on the cash shop and HOPE you get the transform you want" and you know what ? That's just day 1 of their problems.

And yes, there is a small fix (a quest) to that specific issue coming in 7.0 but will we get it ? I might as well flip a coin because knowing the NA devs, if they knew about it, they would remove it to make the game and I quote directly """"""""more balanced"""""""" because you can delete a char every time it gets to 65 or 75 (I don't remember the exact level at which you obtain 5 green contracts for free) and farm the shit out of that quest, and 5 green contracts would surely break the game balance when there's 30-50 ppl with Kaisinel running around. Luckily, they don't read jackshit and translate quests 1 by 1 without context so on big patches, we get quests that go back to their original wording (prime example being the Prestige quests that occasionally go back to being called "Megaring event quest # 1, 2, 3 etc").

However I don't think we're actually being ignored here. I feel its more of an issue of lack of personel ie: staff available to address the many many issues being brought up in these forums rather than a disregard for what we have to say.

eksdee

I know both Cyan and Hime do their best but they are only two ppl that have to relate all of these concerns to NCWest, etc. Just IMHO that is.

Their best ? They have 3 and a half games to take care of, and they can't even do that much. There's private servers with 1/10 the amount of staff from Ncwest that can accomplish ten times the amount of things and output a game that works on all aspects and where people have fun for years until they leave, not because they've been shat on and spit on for years by the devs in every possible way, but just because they're bored and curious of other games/busy irl.

Triggering, dude. Triggering.

Don't pay the 15 monthly until 7.0, the time you spend opening the BCM (5 seconds until it fully loads) is already a waste.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:20 PM, Rapier-DN said:

Lack of personnel would translate to being ignored my dear.

If you do not invest sufficient resources to address your customer's issues, typically they will not spend their money at your establishment and they will go elsewhere. 

NC not putting resources on Aion means that their priorities lie elsewhere - businesses don't ignore their best customers or most important projects or they go out of business eventually.

We are at the bottom of the list. It is as simple as that.

All good points I can't argue with. Your last statement especially.

Aion, IMHO did this to itself, simply, to put it in a nutshell, by killing such a rich and wonderful story, removing maps, flying zones, etc., etc., etc., (the list goes on) with 6x. You don't evolve a game by killing it's storyline, removing 90% of content and maps nor one of the iconic things that made the game special in the first place. But the powers that be did that thinking it would somehow attract new players when all it really did was drive many of we Veterans away for good. I lost virtually ALL my friends I used to run with including ALL my legion members in one fell swoop. Granted I'm mostly a solo player and not much into PVP but in Aion, you need do PVP  and need other ppl to run with if you want to get anywhere with the game, gear wise or, just avoid being ganked by the masses. That is just a fact which didn't change with 6x which left many like me left all alone thus causing even more long time players to leave (and I felt the same way for a long time myself and nearly almost left) (not looking for pity here so don't even think it). It was only by finding a sort of belonging and making new friends here on this forum that has kept me loyal to a game I've loved for so many years and that kinda forced me to look at the game with a new perspective (this and two RL near death experiences within a 6 month period [again, not looking for pity]). That's the long and short of that.

However, to get back on point, every game out there especially ftp mmo's (yea, I think Aion going ftp was the 1st mistake in a very long list of them) need to generate some $$ somehow in order to survive. And as I've said in other posts: Aion has given me soooo much enjoyment, immersion, and fun over the last 10+ years I don't mind giving back a lil in the form of a little patience for the game to find it's lost footing, so to speak. So I keep buying Prestige and I will buy certain wings and the flying Pagatti mount (or the Pagatti Veyron mount if it ever comes back) for any new character I create (If we ever get the extra slots promised us that is).

This patience seems to have paid off to a small extent with the upcoming 7x patch (I've played it on my Korea acct.) but Aion still has a very long way to go. And I completely understand and respect how many of you feel with regard to this subject. I only ask that those of you who feel this way give me and others who choose to stick things out a lil bit that same understanding and respect for how we feel on the subject. Aion may yet surprise us (I hope anyways, lol).

I apologize for the lengthy post. Just felt I had to get some things out.

Archived