Ready to 7.0 ? / Enchant Rate Again / Why Prestige ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/07/2019 at 10:50 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Everything indicates that at least 80% of the community seem to be stuck at legendary>ultimate upgrades due to fragments or stuck on PvP stones to enchant their legendary gear. If 80% of the community are stuck at the same progression point PvP in Aion should be in its prime because 80% of the community are stuck at the same point thus the game being the most balanced it has been in years.

Thats on the surface, in reality if you pick 100 players you'll see that their progression is wildly different, between cubic/crafts/enchant/transforms/stigmas/daeva skills (and some other rng bss that I'm forgetting rn) there's quit a lot of room for disparity and the game offers little to none in fun ways to bridge those gaps, its all mindless pve or afking.

So:

On 08/07/2019 at 10:50 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Why is PvP not currently booming in Aion?

Simple, management/development killed it. Not only did they bore the pvp comunity to death with this stupid progression, but they also scraped all the pvp content of the game save for 2 instances that happen 3x a week and the arenas (wich they ruined with the rankings anyway). There's just no way a good pvp would flourish with the game in this state, it's like walking into a parking lot and asking why is there's no forest.

22 hours ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Thats on the surface, in reality if you pick 100 players you'll see that their progression is wildly different, between cubic/crafts/enchant/transforms/stigmas/daeva skills (and some other rng bss that I'm forgetting rn) there's quit a lot of room for disparity and the game offers little to none in fun ways to bridge those gaps, its all mindless pve or afking.

So:

Simple, management/development killed it. Not only did they bore the pvp comunity to death with this stupid progression, but they also scraped all the pvp content of the game save for 2 instances that happen 3x a week and the arenas (wich they ruined with the rankings anyway). There's just no way a good pvp would flourish with the game in this state, it's like walking into a parking lot and asking why is there's no forest.

Aion has and always will be a PvPvE game. Player vs Player vs Environment. What does it become when you remove the E? Player vs Progression(yep other players do not matter it is a progression battle).  When your community has removed 33% of the game's mechanics from their enjoyment list then that is not the fault of the developer that is the fault of the community.

Anyways leaving it at that because if i dive in to this not only will it be at least 10 pages long but it will also make me look like i think there is no issues in Aion currently. I do agree that there are issues i just feel these issues are amplified by the community change that happened after omega stones were introduced.

Why is PvP not currently booming in Aion?

One of the main reasons is that the algorithm they are using for damage is completely derp. Pvp against anyone that isnt in almost the same stats as you makes it impossible to win.

Sometimes I fight 5 or 6 people and they can beat they all simply because they cant outdamage the potions and heals, while you can 4 shot them.

On the other hand i often find people that can 3 shot me. Its rarely something in between those extremes. 

34 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

One of the main reasons is that the algorithm they are using for damage is completely derp. Pvp against anyone that isnt in almost the same stats as you makes it impossible to win.

Sometimes I fight 5 or 6 people and they can beat they all simply because they cant outdamage the potions and heals, while you can 4 shot them.

On the other hand i often find people that can 3 shot me. Its rarely something in between those extremes. 

Yes, I have said this before too. This is the main reason why I barely go out to PVP too. It's either me getting 2-4 shot or doing the same to others. I rarely get to fight someone in the same gear than me.

23 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Aion has and always will be a PvPvE game. Player vs Player vs Environment. What does it become when you remove the E? Player vs Progression(yep other players do not matter it is a progression battle).  When your community has removed 33% of the game's mechanics from their enjoyment list then that is not the fault of the developer that is the fault of the community.

Anyways leaving it at that because if i dive in to this not only will it be at least 10 pages long but it will also make me look like i think there is no issues in Aion currently. I do agree that there are issues i just feel these issues are amplified by the community change that happened after omega stones were introduced.

???

And where did I say the game should stop being pvpve? PVE in 6.x is the same as it have always been. The problem rn is that the only pve that actually has an impact in your pvp is killing mobs 24/7 like a bot, no sane person enjoys doing that. Who made it this way (and also nerfed it to fight botting :facepalm:)? Not the community for sure.

On 11/07/2019 at 1:43 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

not the fault of the developer

Yea, not like it's their job to make the content enjoyable or anything 9_9.

8 hours ago, TuttiFrutti-KT said:

*asking how to craft legen PvP stones*

Every day you get random crafts in your luna. You can get a craft for legendary PvP stones now. (We used to just get this for PvE stones.) Do your luna every day. Watch your crafts for the legendary PvP stones one at a good %. Profit.

Archived