Is every region of Aion that managing by NCsoft dead ?

Neleth-KT

NA has a different culture. 

Go to the SEA region and communities are built around big spenders people are happy to play with them or against them and be content for them because the big spenders look after the little guys there. While a good amount of flexing goes on in the SEA region as well it is big spenders flexing on each other not just purely on the under geared. On BDO i was sent a tent costume and 100 artisans which is essentially $120 worth of cash shop materials all for PvPing against a big spender. Most just leave the grind spot and never come back when they enter but due to me keep coming back he gave me random shit. This is not uncommon for people in the region and it gets even more rewarding for the little guy if you play in the guilds of the big spenders.

In saying this the game lasted a solid 6 years at the very least till mid way through EBonline when people started quitting. Some will claim it lasted till 5.x and others will say it is still good but ultimately 

18 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

In saying this the game lasted a solid 6 years at the very least till mid way through EBonline when people started quitting. Some will claim it lasted till 5.x and others will say it is still good but ultimately 

It all went downhills when EB was more important than anything in Aion, pure pve to get everything you wanted for pvp you would never do and a rank that wouldn't matter in EB. But it kinda held itself until 5.8 with the ton of event everyone enjoyed.

6+ is the biggest mistake they could have ever done, 90% of the game deleted, enough said.

I think the success of Aion (or any game, for that matter) can be directly correlated to the number of dedicated staff members that the company puts on it. 

Aion NA has 1. That's ONE. Singular. We've got one guy that is managing everything. Checking on and changing event prizes and making sure updates are getting localized and that patch notes are correct and that the in game and out of game shops are stocked with new and interesting things and at correct prices and making sure bug reports are getting looked at and that Support has the most up to date information and that they are actually -using- it and that hackers and cheats are getting banned and that the game is being advertised and that players are being heard regarding what they do and do not like or need and all that information is being sent to the devs and checking on the progress of changes that the players want or need and actually putting pressure on the devs to get our changes done right now and.. and.. and..

Getting the picture?

So which came first? The drop in population and revenue or the drop in dedicated staff? Did NCWest cut down on our staff and then players started quitting or did we start quitting and so NCWest cut down our dedicated staff members?

The thing is.. we have talked about this on these forums so many times. We have screamed and yelled and thrown tantrums. We have talked quietly and respectfully. We have threatened boycotts. We have promised increased spending. We have tried -everything-. Nothing works. Either no one is listening or they are and at some point up the chain of command someone just doesn't care to do anything and shitcans everything we say here.

At this point.. why bother?

I am personally sick of seeing the amount of love and attention being poured into BnS by NCWest and how Aion is treated like a red-headed-step-child.

So that's fine. Let's just play and be the red-headed-step-children that we are. Spend when we want and don't when we don't. Point out bugs and cheats and mistakes, but try not to let it get under your skin because things aren't going to change any time soon.

33 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It all went downhills when EB was more important than anything in Aion, pure pve to get everything you wanted for pvp you would never do and a rank that wouldn't matter in EB. But it kinda held itself until 5.8 with the ton of event everyone enjoyed.

6+ is the biggest mistake they could have ever done, 90% of the game deleted, enough said.

Everything deleted was useless rubbish and not worth talking about because 3.X made all that content irrelevant due to the speed you could level. The newer maps they deleted i can not comment on because i quit before they even nerfed open world drops. When i came back farmed and realized you could not obtain gear from open world i went welp...Useless game

It was a way to downsize after the catastrophic failure that was 5.X which i assume due to the game going f2p in 6.X was the biggest loss of players in the KR region which is the games primary audience. That means 5.X was the biggest mistake they could of ever done. 6.X is a byproduct of that failure.

They lost what remained of any PVE players with 6.x or maybe sooner. Whether you liked them or not they contributed to the game. I left in December, after what i considered an inventory looting, and for me nothing to do. In5.x I would roll dredge, OW, KB and IWW. It was things to do, and had enough time to do them with more than one character even if it was only for 3-4 days per week. Had upper abyss forts instead of just one. Couldn't get any of the new gear past +5 and I guess it was just time to say goodbye to Aion retail. I can't be on all day everyday so possibly some other semi casual players left also. The fact that the player base is completely ignored is ridiculous and bad business practice. For me personally I will never touch anything from NC again including GW2. If you want to be the big business winner you can't only take care of the big spenders you have to pay attention to the little guys too. They spend maybe not as much but they do spend, and if you crap down their neck enough times they leave and never look back. Why do I still watch forums? I have no idea, nostalgia I guess or small hope they would attempt to bandage the bleeding. Nine years was fun.

16 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Everything deleted was useless rubbish and not worth talking about because 3.X made all that content irrelevant due to the speed you could level.*snip*

This is a very important point. The issues with Aion today are not based on the deletion of maps. Some of the directions that the devs have taken are questionable, but deleting content wasn't one of them. No matter how much we old school players may miss maps and instances that are now gone, it was the best thing to do for the game.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

This is a very important point. The issues with Aion today are not based on the deletion of maps. Some of the directions that the devs have taken are questionable, but deleting content wasn't one of them. No matter how much we old school players may miss maps and instances that are now gone, it was the best thing to do for the game.

Sorry, gotta disagree with this one Aly. Even during 5x I would always see other players (tho they were few) throughout all maps while leveling. And now after 6x on all maps but Lakrum it's like a wasteland. Tho in 5x players were fewer they were still there. With 6x I lost nearly an entire Legion of over 300 players who've never came back. 300 players doesn't sound like much until you factor in the current state of Aion. In addition, I know of at least one other Legion that lost all it's players so this makes me wonder how many Legions I didn't know that suffered the same fate.

I've said this before: "You can't save a game by amputating 90% of it's maps, content, and storyline, nor by taking away the one thing that made the game iconic in the first place" - And that's what 6x did to Aion. So, as one of the 'Old Timers,' while I do agree with most of what you say in your prior statement above I just can't agree with this.

17 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Everything deleted was useless rubbish and not worth talking about because 3.X made all that content irrelevant due to the speed you could level. The newer maps they deleted i can not comment on because i quit before they even nerfed open world drops. When i came back farmed and realized you could not obtain gear from open world i went welp...Useless game

It was a way to downsize after the catastrophic failure that was 5.X which i assume due to the game going f2p in 6.X was the biggest loss of players in the KR region which is the games primary audience. That means 5.X was the biggest mistake they could of ever done. 6.X is a byproduct of that failure.

I half agreed,2 maps for going from 55-60 was too much and 2 maps for going from 60-55 was too much too I can see why deleted that.But it doesn't mean they couldn't keep instance portals if they keep them the backslash of 4.8 wouldn't be this great and honestly the design of Cygnea was bad.Sarpan looks more beautiful and eat much less resource.They should keep map and skin designers from 3.0 (The primal spirit is the best instance skins that ever designed excepted for plate).

If you still remember Endgame Thanos said human will always remember they lost and will do whatever try to get it back.Maybe that's the big fail of 4.8 and 6.0 people don't forget their past.As long as this game named Aion people will never forget Elten,Theo,Sarpan,Tia,Illuma although I admitted I kinda forgot about Kaldor and Lenvinshor already :P

Btw anyone will miss Cygnea if it was gone ? :D Not me not ever I hate that map lol.
All deleted maps could come back as underwater maps.(We see underwater in Aion2 :P)

Also I believed if leveling is harder.There won't be daevanion skills we would learn them during leveling instead. :)

1 hour ago, Aieryn-DN said:

With 6x I lost nearly an entire Legion of over 300 players who've never came back. 300 players doesn't sound like much until you factor in the current state of Aion. In addition, I know of at least one other Legion that lost all it's players so this makes me wonder how many Legions I didn't know that suffered the same fate.

I can relate to this. A lot of people quit with 6.X and many active legions have died. It's really hard to find a really nice legion nowadays either. ;/

17 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I can relate to this. A lot of people quit with 6.X and many active legions have died. It's really hard to find a really nice legion nowadays either. ;/

Ya, my Ranger, Jali is now master of a Legion with only one other player in it, lol, I have to laugh for this is so tragic I'd cry otherwise.

1 minute ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Ya, my Ranger, Jali is now master of a Legion with only one other player in it, lol, I have to laugh for this is so tragic I'd cry otherwise.

I feel ya! I was in a few very big legions which are non-existing anymore. It's really sad especially for new players or returning players who'd like to join a nice legion, but most people are having their own private legion nowadays because the others just died. I'm one of those people! X3

Just now, Nyali-DN said:

I feel ya! I was in a few very big legions which are non-existing anymore. It's really sad especially for new players or returning players who'd like to join a nice legion, but most people are having their own private legion nowadays because the others just died. I'm one of those people! X3

I haven't yet decided on whether or not to try and rebuild the Legion I mention (The Brides) or to just throw in the towel. I'm kinda waiting on 7.0 to see how things go to make that decision.

19 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Cry instead of laugh then you will get over it. Stop holding on to those feelings it is keeping you attached...

7 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Don't know how to take this..........................

Take it how you want to take it. If something is so tragic you feel like crying then cry that is all i am saying. Let them emotions flow.

20 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Spend when we want

Sorry but I just can't resist, and I think every1 here is tired of me saying the same thing again and again, but: Why would you give them money for nothing? When you clearly see they do nothing and ignore you infinitely. Why support them? But the reason may be that ppl who love this game don't want to see it shut down. Perfectly understandable.

15 minutes ago, Shinryu-EK said:

Sorry but I just can't resist, and I think every1 here is tired of me saying the same thing again and again, but: Why would you give them money for nothing? When you clearly see they do nothing and ignore you infinitely. Why support them? But the reason may be that ppl who love this game don't want to see it shut down. Perfectly understandable.

This forum is full of everyone saying the same thing no one can really get tired of it because they are doing the same thing :). Myself included here.

There are plenty of reasons as to why people keep spending despite them being unsatisfied with how the game currently is being neglected. The biggest would hands down be emotional attachment + spending = increased enjoyment so people justify their spending this way. People should spend their own money on what ever makes them happy even if it is a game like Aion that is neglected. It is their money and their life.

1 hour ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Don't know how to take this..........................

A little spit in the tip might help c:

52 minutes ago, Shinryu-EK said:

You can say all you want but at the end of the day suckers gonna suck, not a week ago there was this guy telling everyone to "vote with their wallet" but still pay for the prestige lol.

1 hour ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

You can say all you want but at the end of the day suckers gonna suck, not a week ago there was this guy telling everyone to "vote with their wallet" but still pay for the prestige lol.

Now, where did I put that ten foot pole of mine?, lol, he, he, he, heeeeee!

Archived