Starting up again need some guidance!

Ekdikesis-KT

Hello! I play a level 65 Sin, it's been probably a year and a half since I have last played and decided to start playing again.

A LOT has changed including a lot of my skills/stigmas. 

I feel like I'm almost brand new to the game again and don't have any friends/legion to help guide me to what I should be working on.

I'm not asking for anything other then to see if there is anyone or a legion that would be willing to help me starting to again directions what I should be doing ect. I am eloys BTW.

Thank you!

What I have been telling returning players is to carefully -read- all their skills descriptions since many have been reworked since they played. Also, don't panic if some of the skills are greyed out. You may learn that skill later in your leveling or it may have been combined with another skill.

5 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Your best bet is to ask in LFG and see if any legion is willing to take you in, I'm sure there's a couple too. If you remember your sin, it should be easier to familiarize yourself with the skills again.

I'm sorry, so does this mean a different way other then shouting out in Sanctum? 

5 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

My advice is for you o check the last few patchnotes from 6.2 and 6.5.

Use the search in the forums too, that helps a lot. I had to do it to learn 6.2 (I had quit before 5.x).

And there is always a legion that is taking returnees and new players.

Alright I can do that, is 6.2 what we are currently in?

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

What I have been telling returning players is to carefully -read- all their skills descriptions since many have been reworked since they played. Also, don't panic if some of the skills are greyed out. You may learn that skill later in your leveling or it may have been combined with another skill.

So last night I removed all skills in my skill bar and plan to attempt to tackle building a new build from scratch today (part of what I was hoping to get assistance with)

35 minutes ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

So last night I removed all skills in my skill bar and plan to attempt to tackle building a new build from scratch today (part of what I was hoping to get assistance with)

I think currently we're in 6.5 or 6.7-8?? (I lost faith ((and track)) until 7.0 comes) help me out here guys?

I would keep your skills that aren't greyed out (unless your talking about making a new character from scratch). Also as Aly stated, don't panic if some skills are greyed out as these have been reworked and you will get most back. As for leveling you'll get to level 80 fast now. Way faster than you remember. The Aion of today isn't the Aion you once knew (I have a prior post concerning this in detail you can look up so I won't repeat it here). In a nutshell tho it is after you get to level 80 that the real work begins and now with 7.0 coming I would just get both your PVP, and PVE sets you will get in Lakrum around level 74-75-ish, enchant them as much as possible and wait until 7.0 is here to start working toward the gear you want.

Also while leveling you might want to save any gear or outfits you may get from quests and drops that you like in order to use these to stamp your end game starter sets with (the PVP/PVE gear you'll get in Lakrum I spoke of) for both sets are Fashion Failures of the highest order, lol. 

Look up my prior post if you wish where I describe this in detail for another returning player. Hope this helps, and I hope to see you in game (even though your an Elyos, lol)(I'm Asmodian but I do play one Elyos SM from time to time).

36 minutes ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

I'm sorry, so does this mean a different way other then shouting out in Sanctum? 

We are currently in 6.7.

Sanctum/Pandemonium are mostly ghost towns these days. All of the people are located in the endgame map called Lakrum. It's a shared Asmo/Elyos map. If you have enough kinah, you can teleport there from Sanctum. However, you don't need to do that to be able to see lfg chat. To use lfg chat, you will type /3 Hi I'm looking for a legion or whatever you want to say. /3 is the text to activate lfg chat. However, you can also just read it and look for legion recruit messages.

32 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I think currently we're in 6.5 or 6.7-8?? (I lost faith ((and track)) until 7.0 comes) help me out here guys?

I would keep your skills that aren't greyed out (unless your talking about making a new character from scratch). Also as Aly stated, don't panic if some skills are greyed out as these have been reworked and you will get most back. As for leveling you'll get to level 80 fast now. Way faster than you remember. The Aion of today isn't the Aion you once knew (I have a prior post concerning this in detail you can look up so I won't repeat it here). In a nutshell tho it is after you get to level 80 that the real work begins and now with 7.0 coming I would just get both your PVP, and PVE sets you will get in Lakrum around level 74-75-ish, enchant them as much as possible and wait until 7.0 is here to start working toward the gear you want.

Also while leveling you might want to save any gear or outfits you may get from quests and drops that you like in order to use these to stamp your end game starter sets with (the PVP/PVE gear you'll get in Lakrum I spoke of) for both sets are Fashion Failures of the highest order, lol. 

Look up my prior post if you wish where I describe this in detail for another returning player. Hope this helps, and I hope to see you in game (even though your an Elyos, lol)(I'm Asmodian but I do play one Elyos SM from time to time).

Why would leveling be faster now a days? I remember it was a grind getting to 65 before

21 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

We are currently in 6.7.

Sanctum/Pandemonium are mostly ghost towns these days. All of the people are located in the endgame map called Lakrum. It's a shared Asmo/Elyos map. If you have enough kinah, you can teleport there from Sanctum. However, you don't need to do that to be able to see lfg chat. To use lfg chat, you will type /3 Hi I'm looking for a legion or whatever you want to say. /3 is the text to activate lfg chat. However, you can also just read it and look for legion recruit messages.

Great! I'm having a hard time finding a quest line I should follow now lol

1 minute ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

Why would leveling be faster now a days? I remember it was a grind getting to 65 before

It used to be. But as of 6x that has changed. You will feel almost as if you've been shot out of a cannon while leveling compared to what it was before, lol.

3 minutes ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

Great! I'm having a hard time finding a quest line I should follow now lol

If you're level 65, your "current" quests will likely be on either Inggison or Cygnea. Press J to open up your quest window and click to the first campaign tab, the yellow quests. See what you have there. If you don't see anything there, travel to Inggison first and look at the map to see if there are any dark blue quests. If you don't see any, check Cygnea. Once you pick up a "line" of quests, you should be good to go from that point on. All of the quests are very streamlined now.

13 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

It used to be. But as of 6x that has changed. You will feel almost as if you've been shot out of a cannon while leveling compared to what it was before, lol.

Is that at low levels also?

10 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If you're level 65, your "current" quests will likely be on either Inggison or Cygnea. Press J to open up your quest window and click to the first campaign tab, the yellow quests. See what you have there. If you don't see anything there, travel to Inggison first and look at the map to see if there are any dark blue quests. If you don't see any, check Cygnea. Once you pick up a "line" of quests, you should be good to go from that point on. All of the quests are very streamlined now.

Alright I'll check there thank you!!

8 minutes ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

Is that at low levels also?

Yes, from 1-80 for an experienced player it doesn’t take anymore than 6-8 hours to get to 80, it’s all extremely streamlined now. 

Just keep in mind that your old gear will likely be worthless, so you may struggle to kill even open world mobs. It might pay to re-roll from 1 so you can re-learn the game while you level.

7 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

Yes, from 1-80 for an experienced player it doesn’t take anymore than 6-8 hours to get to 80, it’s all extremely streamlined now. 

Just keep in mind that your old gear will likely be worthless, so you may struggle to kill even open world mobs. It might pay to re-roll from 1 so you can re-learn the game while you level.

Omg wow, alright I'll do that then thank you!

26 minutes ago, 1s2A485F-KT said:

Omg wow, alright I'll do that then thank you!

There are some Quality of Life advantages to keep using your old toon, wich ones now in 6.X, are expensive, rare or almost non existant anymore.

Inventory slots.

Warehouse slots.

Cabinets.

Pet Bags.

Mounts.

Titles.

Gold Ingots.  (check your quest/special Inventory)

Untradable skins, you may want to use.  (white fully tradable gear don't exist anymore NPC don't sell it mobs don't drop it)

Legendary Potions. ( maybe u got some from exchange)

Kinah ( is not directly tradable anymore you will lose 15% of it if you wanna send it to another toon)

3 minutes ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Start menu > windows system > control panel > uninstall a program > aion

Best advice no one will ever give.

The OP is asking advice because they want to try the game again. He/She was not asking for this^^ so, lets stay on topic shall we?

7 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

There are some Quality of Life advantages to keep using your old toon, wich ones now in 6.X, are expensive, rare or almost non existant anymore.

Inventory slots.

Warehouse slots.

Cabinets.

Pet Bags.

Mounts.

Titles.

Gold Ingots.  (check your quest/special Inventory)

Untradable skins, you may want to use.  (white fully tradable gear don't exist anymore NPC don't sell it mobs don't drop it)

Legendary Potions. ( maybe u got some from exchange)

Kinah ( is not directly tradable anymore you will lose 15% of it if you wanna send it to another toon)

Wow strange that a lot of these features have almost gone away? The only reason I would ever restart is just to attempt to relearn mostly combat but I feel like I could get the chains down/stigma skills pretty fast if I were talking with someone (another assassin) in game

Archived