Jump to content
Cyan

Weekly Server Maintenance - September 4, 2019

Recommended Posts

heres an idea why not still play the event the items in the event r still tradeable all except the cauldron coins lol essence and lead will still be bought so why not sell those instead of the coins just farm every boss that drops them because yall are complaining about something stupid and i have been playing since 4.x but i didnt like the changes in 6.x but i still played so why are a few bad updates gonna keep u from playing a game tht u used to like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The audacity to call it a bug, like it wasn't meant to be. It was WORKING AS INTENDED, NcFail, you just can't properly deal with complaints about broker bots. So out of touch with players, you will pick the easiest "solution" to a problem, to the detriment of everyone, and the game. God forbid we actually make some progress. Bye Felicia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan could you please confirm whether entry to Kromede's Trial is going to be fixed in this maintenance? My report ticket said to wait for maintenance but there's nothing in these notes?? Currently stuck at lvl 26 for almost a week now D: Also pointless getting more spaces on my account if I can't level them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they make money from stupid whales and naive ppl (sorry, hate me), they will keep milking this game, make coins untradeable, in the case of this event for example, and put them in cash shop , so these players feed them money while they're laughing their asses off and continue like this. Again, sorry. The company won't change its attitude, dw. It's funny af they'll fix this ''issue", while actual issues are ignored. It's clear they don't want to make THEIR players, who FEED THEM money so they are PAID ( for nothing), happy. But nothing new here. It feels great knowing I stopped playing eons ago. But I'm watching this forum from time to time, having the abysmal hope thing would change someday, for the better.

Edited by Shinryu-EK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2s1B0A63-DN said:

@Cyan could you please confirm whether entry to Kromede's Trial is going to be fixed in this maintenance? My report ticket said to wait for maintenance but there's nothing in these notes?? Currently stuck at lvl 26 for almost a week now D: Also pointless getting more spaces on my account if I can't level them.

You should do the Nochsana training quest and you will level to 27 which will open other missions and in no time you'll be over level 30.  I did and with the Luna quests, it worked pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LadySparks-KT said:

You should do the Nochsana training quest and you will level to 27 which will open other missions and in no time you'll be over level 30.  I did and with the Luna quests, it worked pretty well.

I did NTC - that was the first thing I did - and only got halfway through 26 :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so we just found out that brokerable cauldron is a "bug" then we should get our stolens cauldron back overall my stolen cauldron is 53 higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets say overall amount of cauldron coins (you get) per day is 3, so (2 weeks left for event) we will get 14 days * 3 = 42 coins, how to get ultimate pvp stone (x100) or ancient transformation (x75) ........ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spirithq-KT said:

lets say overall amount of cauldron coins (you get) per day is 3, so (2 weeks left for event) we will get 14 days * 3 = 42 coins, how to get ultimate pvp stone (x100) or ancient transformation (x75) ........ ?

Why cash shop, of course. How else do you get good rewards in the last year or so out of events? Cash shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
6 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Maybe they made it untradable because bot problem rampage.

On KT-Elyos it's almost impossible to loot the box because bots are opening them all time.
But in my honest opinion ? It won't do anything to bots,because they still can sell manastones and transparent scrolls.

Just put someone in sanctum and ban those with "cfadzfadfgbxfv" names.

Right? Rather than ban bots, they make the event less friendly to players. OR.. they could have push the event to be level 76+. That would also stop legit players from creating alts so they can get this..

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

unknown.png

At least i got 1650 frags out of my alts. That is a win.

If we're being honest, I think the above picture tells you exactly why they made this change to the event. I think they would have overlooked players getting keys on 10 or 20 or even 50 alts. But as you can see, there were players that literally created 100s of alts.

My question (and why I am angry) is how did they not see this coming? NCWest has been managing Aion NA for 10 years now. They know the way this player base is. If there is a loophole, we will find it and we will abuse the hell out of it. After the event is rolled out is NOT the time to actually look at it and check for possible ways to abuse it. Please, for the love of little shugos. ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE NEXT EVENT BEFORE YOU PUT IT OUT AND CHECK FOR POSSIBLE ABUSES. I'm really tired of all this bait and switch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Right? Rather than ban bots, they make the event less friendly to players. OR.. they could have push the event to be level 76+. That would also stop legit players from creating alts so they can get this..

If we're being honest, I think the above picture tells you exactly why they made this change to the event. I think they would have overlooked players getting keys on 10 or 20 or even 50 alts. But as you can see, there were players that literally created 100s of alts.

My question (and why I am angry) is how did they not see this coming? NCWest has been managing Aion NA for 10 years now. They know the way this player base is. If there is a loophole, we will find it and we will abuse the hell out of it. After the event is rolled out is NOT the time to actually look at it and check for possible ways to abuse it. Please, for the love of little shugos. ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE NEXT EVENT BEFORE YOU PUT IT OUT AND CHECK FOR POSSIBLE ABUSES. I'm really tired of all this bait and switch. 

but but. what about money abuse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Just now, Daryun-EK said:

but but. what about money abuse?

What is a money abuse? You mean someone paying real money to get more things? You can't seriously be asking that question. It's the Whales (and their "money abuse") that keep the doors open on all MMOs. If you free to play, you will get less. That's life, sunshine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

What is a money abuse? You mean someone paying real money to get more things? You can't seriously be asking that question. It's the Whales (and their "money abuse") that keep the doors open on all MMOs. If you free to play, you will get less. That's life, sunshine.

fair enough so you paid money. let me make more toons and actually play more to catch up? Whale are going to whale. but there should be a way for someone to reach that with time or better said lvlin toons. whale are not going to be lvl 20+ alts and actually use it for the event. Whale need target to kill too no? so is wrong for the one that is not going to paid to put the time to catch up?

Edited by Daryun-EK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
3 minutes ago, Daryun-EK said:

 

 

fair enough so you paid money. let me make more toons and actually play more to catch up? Whale are going to whale. but there should be a way for someone to reach that with time or better said lvlin toons. whale are not going to be lvl 20+ alts and actually use it for the event. Whale need target to kill too no? so is wrong for the one that is not going to paid to put the time to catch up?

Wrong on so many levels.

First, Whales will 100% make characters so they don't have to pay.

Second, we aren't talking 20 characters. We are talking upwards of 200. Look at the screenshot posted above.

  • 1650 frags -> 33 bags of frags -> 660 coins -> w/ avg of 3 coins per character that's 220 characters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Wrong on so many levels.

First, Whales will 100% make characters so they don't have to pay.

Second, we aren't talking 20 characters. We are talking upwards of 200. Look at the screenshot posted above.

  • 1650 frags -> 33 bags of frags -> 660 coins -> w/ avg of 3 coins per character that's 220 characters.

 

 

them maybe we need to talk about having a balance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
3 minutes ago, Daryun-EK said:

them maybe we need to talk about having a balance? 

What balance would you suggest? You can either make free accounts or not. 

But now you do see the depth of the problem.

What I am really angry about is that no one at NCSoft looked at this event and saw the potential for abuse. As someone pointed out, had the event dropped with the coins untradeable in any form (even on the broker), we would have played the event and gone on our merry way. It's the fact that they put it out and only then saw that there was a way to abuse it that pisses me off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they put lvl restrictions for lvl 80 instead of 30, it would actually require some sort of effort, and if you put in effort you may as well be rewarded. Though, for Elyos, since the Kromede's Trial is broken, it actually did require effort, even to get to 30. Regardless, I have a couple of accounts one as old as the game itself, and one from 3.0, one is full of lvl 80's, other one is half 80's and the rest 76 to 78. I actually lvled them when it required time, I earned my rewards. The very fact that every event we had this year, with exception of flower farm one, REQUIRED real money to get the best rewards is the only thing that speaks volumes here. Just like this one. If you want to progress in this game, your effort doesn't matter, only your dollars do.

Edited by Scelestus-DN
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An issue where Cauldron Coins could be sold on the Trade Broker will be fixed.

 

 

OMG! please don't do that i just got back to the game i need to get some kinahh !!!!! listen to the players and what they want for once !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
5 minutes ago, Scelestus-DN said:

If they put lvl restrictions for lvl 80 instead of 30, it would actually require some sort of effort, and if you put in effort you may as well be rewarded. 

*snip*

Agree. 

But also they should have looked at the event, seen the possibility of abuse and made this change to the event BEFORE they put it out. It's this change-things-half-way-through crap that is infuriating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

What balance would you suggest? You can either make free accounts or not. 

But now you do see the depth of the problem.

What I am really angry about is that no one at NCSoft looked at this event and saw the potential for abuse. As someone pointed out, had the event dropped with the coins untradeable in any form (even on the broker), we would have played the event and gone on our merry way. It's the fact that they put it out and only then saw that there was a way to abuse it that pisses me off. 

I'm talking about Scelestus post. what are event ? what should they be use for? how we obtain the best reward? who can obtained. this are virtual good the only price is in our eyes. please tell me about abuse of the event because u can trade the coin? how other way can I get the best reward. I paid prestige? is that the other type of account u talking about? what is the monetary price of the items if this is a money only event. those are the kinda thing im talking about. I don't come here to anwers those btw. I don't get paid for solving ncsoft problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Wrong on so many levels.

First, Whales will 100% make characters so they don't have to pay.

Second, we aren't talking 20 characters. We are talking upwards of 200. Look at the screenshot posted above.

  • 1650 frags -> 33 bags of frags -> 660 coins -> w/ avg of 3 coins per character that's 220 characters.

 

 

You wanna talk about my screen shot? We can. It clearly did not occur to you that i may of quit around the time this event was last out during early 5.X or maybe i missed getting to use them because of an internet outage so i just held on to them.

You want to know why i have so many characters? We can talk about that also. This will be very long and i am not good at long posts i tend to ramble.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Agree. 

But also they should have looked at the event, seen the possibility of abuse and made this change to the event BEFORE they put it out. It's this change-things-half-way-through crap that is infuriating. 

You keep talking about abuse, but when you put unreachable rewards what is even the point of the event? This event doesn't even make sense with the coins being untradeable   directly (the very concept of untradeable items makes no sense, but off topic), as the broker abuse is a known issue, considering insane broker fees only to exchange items between your own characters on the same account... wtf. You can snip the rest of my comment, but that is actually the counterpoint to your "abuse" case. The rewards are simply unattainable, unless you spend real world money, which I used to do (not for events, but for things I wanted, like skins, prestige etc), but considering the game deterioration and stifling of progression since 6.x patches, I bought NCCoin a few times, but I'm absolutely done at this point. Besides this, the biggest "abusers" of this have already benefited greatly, and all they're doing now is making the rest of us unable to catch up. As in every case where something is wrong, they take the worst possible path and call it a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So people complain about NCsoft not fixing broken events in the past, and people complain.

Also people complain about NCsoft fixing broken events and people complain lol.

 

If NCsoft has given us the fixed event from the start I don’t think people would have mind complaining about Cauldron coins, the way I see it were were lucky we got the broken version of the event for 1 week rather than not at all. To top that every other event it was level 76+ the fact that is was 30+ and good rewards means it’s already an extremely good event. These fixes still will leave it as one of the top events, and makes this iteration of Alchemy event the best. I say this as someone who has 30 characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×