@Cyan Alter Siege feedback

HeartStrings-DN

Hello Cyan and others,

I just wanted to provide some feedback and thoughts on the Alter Sieges after playing Aion 7.0 for awhile now.  First off if your Eylos Legion alliance is lucky enough to find an alter not dominated by Asmos there are typically other legions there as well.   The problem is that there are almost constantly just 3 legions out of all the legions that regularly win that alter.  That would be Poco, Team Para and EndLine and that's pretty much it ...  Almost never is there another legion that gets an Alter which means that all the other legions never get the purple Weekly quest from that alter.  Can never use a transporter etc.   My complaint isn't about these 3 winning legions and congratulations to them.   But in my perspective it is not fair in the least bit that only 3 legions of Eylos dominate the alters and other legions lose out on the opportunity to gear up and run these quests as well.   Why did NCSoft design this whole thing around discrimating against all legions except the few strongest.   I mean my legion usually has at least 1 full alliance and part of another in a league together but it's still never enough no matter how hard we beat on that boss.   It may be that we have more newer members, or members that are not geared as much "yet" but why should we always miss out on the opportunity in the game ?   We and many many other legions may never be geared enough to take the alter from legions that heavily recruited top ranked players into their legion.   It's just disappointing and honestly if your legions is participating in every Alter Siege and never wining what is the motivation in that?   Why Cyan can't you guys at least give buff's to those regularly participating legions that are never wining an alter similarly like you did to balance out the Lakrum Siege between Asmo and Eylos.

In all cases it would just be appreciated if you could do something to help under rated legions win alters some time.   It's just unlikely that those legions will ever win an alter especially the smaller legions.  People are not going to leave a dominating legion to join an underdog to help them out just like there isn't going to be a rash of new players coming in that will ever catch up in gears to the likes of the dominate ones.

Please help balance things out a little

My .02 cents

I will add my thoughts.

First, I am really holding myself from being sarcastic and saying, "Welcome to Aion! This must be your first day." Since "who will own the fort" has been an issue in Aion since the game launched. In the past, a league could be made and leadership given to smaller legions so they could have "their turn", but apparently the Korean devs don't want that to happen as that no longer works. The only way to keep those top, geared legions from taking something is to force them not to show up. Is that what you really want? Tell Poco and Team Para and Endline not to play? Do that and all those altars will be blue. At least with those legions taking altars, your faction can do the normal dailies. 

Second, there is a buff to altars. If your faction hasn't taken enough altars in a period of time, your faction does get a pretty significant buff. Felt it two nights ago and I have to say.. ouch. 

Lastly, try not to get too upset because your legion didn't take an altar in your name. The benefits are nice, but not game breaking. I joined one of those mega legion when 7.0 hit and left a week or so later because a huge legion just isn't for me. So I have played with getting those altars and getting to runs those quests (which is something like 17 more coins) and using the merchants. And I am playing now without them. And meh. I am still making progress and doing just fine. Keep in mind that you can still get 30 coins from taking an altar even if it doesn't go to your legion.

Having played through all the changes to forts and what ownership means, this isn't that bad. And if it bothers you that much, join one of those larger legions.

Unfortunately there are a limited amount of altars. 8 isn’t very many when there are 6 primary legions between both factions. There isn’t enough elite DPS spread across the factions to make it balanced. 

Once the large altars are opened, you’ll probably see some smaller legions take medium or small altars because there will be more opportunity.

Well they could make it so if a legion owns an altar they cannot have another one at the same time. So the legion with the second best dps on that altar would get it.

It is only a suggestion that would never get implemented of course but I personally do not even care, I haven't been in Demaha map for like the last 2 weeks. I do not attend altar sieges because the rewards are few stelliums and the time is not good for my time zone, I do not do any quests there because the rewards are again very little stelliums per quest. And in general there is literally nothing for me there. I also promised myself I won't do much pve instances because wasting so much time and effort in the whole 6.+ only to have to do the same in 7.0 is not my cup of coffee. So I never did Stella laboratory and probably never will unless I change my mind and want to try it just to see what ti is.

For me in Aion 7.0, Lakrum city is still the end game map with just fewer people and no drops from mobs.

@HeartStrings-DN I think everyone's a bit unnerved by the new system at first, but the bigger legions who are winning the altars are winning because they merged with 5+ other legions -- which is a sort of unity the DN-Elyos have spent years claiming to lack.

Idk about TP but I know Poco is still taking active participating players who apply so as to not exclude anyone who wants access to these features. After all, a faction with fewer legions gains widespread benefits. For example if a legion with 230 people in it gets the ultimate enchantment stone NPC then those 230 people have access to it. If a legion of only 30 caps it, then there's 200 or so players who could have used that stone but weren't able too.

TL;dr large scale merger is scary but necessary and mutually beneficial to all parties. Splitting the altars further between smaller legions slows the faction's progress, and so I hope to see more DN-E's merge moving forward

On 16/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, waffles-DN said:

Why not just merge mythical into endline and then your problem is solved

I Guess (based on my experience in Mythical) it's because cg has some feuds with people from those 3 legions, it's more a pride thing than anything, and let's not get started with certain person who just trashtalk during siege if we are losing and blames those 3 legions.

In every update, I saw things that I didn't like and things I did, this Altar's system that they design is one that I don't. As Aly said we used to be able to help other legions by handing leadership, but Korean devs seem to be against helping each other. If you invite players from other legions but you want to cap it, your legion needs to be the ones that most dps the Boss but also you need to have in mind that doors and mobs in altars also count to that contribution.
Supposedly we should be having in nearish future mini-patches, the 3 altar's missing and another entire time schedule of the 11 altars added (earlier). That's what we need to ask Cyan's feedback.

With hopes maybe ppl in early times don't play as much, I mean the ones that are in larger legions and give the chance to others to cap some altars and enjoy this patch at its full. As everybody said you can do daily things to get those coins and use the General Goods Merchant that is for all players of your faction but all players should be able to fully enjoy the game.

But if you are in tiny legions, you guys should consider starting to add other tiny ones to make a bigger one, I've played Aion for a long time and I can understand why you don't want to join or maybe can't to the existing ones.

Good luck and let's hope NCwest add altars as soon as possible.

Legion benefits from owning a fortress (or an altar) was something in the past, old sieges had more tension because of the owners had more privileges, so they wanted to bring back the legion exclusive content for those who try hard.

The problem here is that the ffa altar quests kinda suck while the legion exclusive ones are much better. So there is a big difference. Focusing on one legion instead of the whole faction is getting bad when the legion exclusive content becomes much better than what the faction outside that legion has.

They could fix this tho with out tampering with Alters. Change the weekly kill 5 alter mobs 3x repeatable weeklies in to dailies. This would improve the amount of stellium small guilds can get by 7x(Well 24 extra stellium per day) so long as they actively participate in completing the quests. Also we know this is a viable change that NCwest can do as they changed the weekly GP kill quests in to daily during 6.X.

I get there is more to owning alters than just the stellium but the other rewards should go to the capturing legion and if you want to reap those benefits you need to join the guilds that are large enough to obtain those benefits or rally the newbs in to 1 guild and capture them yourselves.

@Serilda-DN Unfortunately for them, this patch is not accommodating for people being too proud to work with their own faction. We can only hope that anyone in those legions who likes to actively play and PVP will drop for the bigger legions -- which are still open and accepting newcomers. So long as the biggest legions still let anyone in who wants to actively participate, than the new system isn't so bothersome.

There is a fascinating dichotomous attitude among some players that working together only means setting aside of the needs of the many so that the needs of the few can be fulfilled. The dichotomy here being that they demand everyone "work together" but refuse to join the mega-merged legions and work together with the rest of the faction. People treat this like a huge divisive problem despite the fact that we've never seen legion unity on DN-E like this for at least a good 5 or more years. I miss my cozy self-made legion too but at the end of the day, as said earlier, demanding that the faction-filled legions step aside so Player1 and his 14 friends can have the benefits just serves to take away those benefits from the majority of the faction (which Player1 and his 14 friends are welcome to join anyway).

If you want to play actively, and PVP, and wish for a stronger faction, it is your responsibility  to put aside high school dramas and work together for the betterment of us all. After all, no one would need to miss out when legions cap 3 altars in 1 day if the entire active faction was within the legion(s) who are capable of doing that :)

Archived