Overall DPS rankings by class

Plezurenpain-DN

Hi guys I know I've been posting a lot lately on the forums asking a bunch of questions but its because I'm just now getting back into the game after being gone for a long time.  I was wondering how you guys would rank each of the DPS classes by their overall DPS done?  I'm talking ranger, scout, chanter, sorc, songweaver, gunslinger, and spiritmaster.  How would you rank the highest to lowest DPS from them assuming they had the same level of gear?

They would be classified by equal skill and gear.

Top to Bottom.

Sin

Sorc

SongWeaver/Gunner/SpiritMaster

Ranger/Chanter

Do bear in mind that SW SM and Chanter give a boost to other clasess dps. Rangers could be on par with SW but need good ping and high tempo for good weaving.

The difference between the Sorc and the Sin isnt really high, sins do like 11k dps and sorc 10k(for example) while SW can deal up to 7k, SM 7.5-8k DPS, GS same. But they benefit by a lot form other clasess. also Ranger benefits from Chantes a lot. Chanter might not be in the top but the other party members have higher numbers just for the sake of being there, so take that in consideration. 

So my utmost recomendation is play what you like the most :P not for the sake of having high dps.

P.D. having more than 2 SM in the same group could harm the dps of both or one of them if not careful.

P.D.2 Sorc is considered to do damage at melee, if not he is on the level of the other ranged magic.

if you want more info about their individual dps you can check https://aionpveranks.com/ and you could get an overall view of them. (just take it with a pinch of salt)

Thanks for the info CosmoSkyMaster!  I love playing my chanter and know that they're not the "best" dps class out there but they provide buffs for others which is why they are wanted for a grouping.  I do have to ask though, I've been told by multiple people that for a gunner to be competitive they have to use a cannon instead of pistols.  Why is this?

For me the second number in(__) is not accurated dps,I found out myself from gunner when I'm fully charged every cannon skill I got 10k dps when I spam cannon skills without charged dps is 6k-7k but over all dps is same.

However the list of dps from highest to lowest

Sorc

Sin

SM

Gunner

Cleric

Glad (dual wield)

SW

Chanter

Ranger

AT

Templar

Note here the time I testing dps all of my chars lv 72 so dps might change when they got  5.5 skills,the different for each class is minor sure Sorc and Temp dps is hugh different but for some class like gunner and cleric the different is minor.

If low ping and same skill & char level (75) & gear of the players:

Sin
Sorc
Gladiator
Spiritmaster
Songweaver/Gunner/Cleric
Templar/Ranger
Chanter

Always keep in mind, that group composition and socketed stigmas (mantras, thronesong, IB, lightning slash, wow, sod, and so on) can greatly affect the groups dps, as well as peoples ability to keep certain buffs (like songweaver thronesong) up all the time

the numbers i gave out are mostly illustratives and are idealized, by having a stable ping of 50ms or lower, if they dont have it then the caster classes have an edge over the AS ones.

Also the Gunner DPS can be trusted from ARM, due to how charging skills are recorded by chatlog, so they need to calculated by hand so they can be accurate, this apply to some extend to SW.

Also the new archdaeva skills skyrocketed Templar DPS, and helped Ranger, AT and Cleric DPS in bigger or lesser margin.

On 10/17/2017 at 3:58 PM, 1s2BF3A7-KT said:

If low ping and same skill & char level (75) & gear of the players:

Sin
Sorc
Gladiator
Spiritmaster
Songweaver/Gunner/Cleric
Templar/Ranger
Chanter

Always keep in mind, that group composition and socketed stigmas (mantras, thronesong, IB, lightning slash, wow, sod, and so on) can greatly affect the groups dps, as well as peoples ability to keep certain buffs (like songweaver thronesong) up all the time

I agree with most of this list, but can you explain why you put spiritmasters in such a high spot? They have amazing utility and CC that gives them giant windows of free DPS, but the DPS itself isn't that high from what I understand. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/10/19 at 1:07 PM, Rinkusan-KT said:

I agree with most of this list, but can you explain why you put spiritmasters in such a high spot? They have amazing utility and CC that gives them giant windows of free DPS, but the DPS itself isn't that high from what I understand. 

SMs used to have even higher solo dps than SIN until new instances ruined their spirits survival.

SM's damage itself without the spirit is good enough to compete with other top dps classes already, and due to the fact that their damage source comes from DOT, SMs have spare time to command a spirit to contribute to the whole dps pool. 

It can be confirmed on that pve stats website. You will find sm ranking top 3 on lower level instances like Rentus Base, cuz the spirit can survive and dps the whole time without wasting time summoning it.

NC made SM so that you can't have 2 SMs in a single instance. So they made SM super good at dps plus the utility they benifit the whole team.

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:07 AM, Rinkusan-KT said:

Maybe you haven't played as an SM but as GoodGame has said due to some instances we can't summon our spirits (AOE and COE) for a long period of time or it will just die or make the mobs go haywire. But overall if you know the rotations you can make decent dps with decent gears. Use the vacuum choke rule and chime in your elemental smash and stone scour semi bombs and your good. SM are more than fears and debuffs. Infernal blight is also really good in those hard bosses. Plus you can solo instances (ADMA and THEO) except bosses ofc with SM. SM are a fun class to play. Just dont expect to one shot mobs like sorc. Lol. Were no burst damage were slowly killing the enemies. SMs out there put your hands up!! Haha.

this is a complicated thread. A lot of different oppinions in many years :P

usually the first place is disputed by Sorcerers, Assassins and Gladiators. And you will find all those classes doing an impresive DPS on the right hands. But Assassins are so dependable on your internet conection. If you have a high ping will be hard for you to do your maximum potential damage. Glads are less dependant on ping and Sorcerers even less. (still all the classes suffer in some way with high ping). Assassins and Glads have their DPS totally realted with the gear you have. You will need to improve  your gear a lot to do your max damage. Sorcerers are a little easier at this point. You only need to reach some stats and learn your skills rotation. But Sorcerers have less tools to survive and are harder to keep alive if things get complicated. 

Songweavers, Clerics, Gunners, Rangers, Spiritmaster can be also nice damage dealers. Clerics and SWs are in some way easy to use. Just like the sorcerer you just need some stats and they can do an impresive DPS. I played a lot with a cleric in DPS mode and I did a nice job. A lot of times I was able to be on top of the DPS inside an instance. But it is true that a good sorcerer can be a hard competence and sometimes they do like 5-10% more final damage.  Assassins and Glads are hard to tell. A lot of people with those classes use cheating software and you can see exagerated DPS on them. So it is hard to tell who is honest and who is not to tell you how much more DPS they can do. Gunners can do a lot of DPS, but you need to have a low ping for that. you will be switching weapons all the time and with a high ping that is complicated. SW are a nice DPS so similar to clerics in the way they play. SM and Rangers maybe have a lower DPS than other classes but they have a lot of practical skills that can reduce the damage taken and improve the DPS that other people do. So your real DPS will be more than your direct DPS. 

Aethertechs is an special class. They can be tanks but they depend so much on their skills and how the player uses them. And they can be also great damage dealers if they have to fight against large groups of mobs. Their DPS is not so high against a single target as it can be against multple targets. 

Chanters and Templars as DPS is something hard to find. Technically every class can be focused on DPS, but to be honest, those classes are more focused on other tasks. 

For endgame group pve(74-75) with good ping/etc in Bastion of Souls/ ToE

Tank

1. Glad ( P def reduction, dual wield, fast animation time for weaves, quick burst)

Best tank for highest dps potential

2. Templar (quick burst, aoes, very hard to kill, highest aggro generation)

Second best tank for overall damage and has extra support skills for group survivability

3. AT (strong permanent aggro, lots of aoes, slow animation skills)

Wouldn't recommend this class solely for PvE, but it can hold its own in holding aggro even against the top tier dps. DPS is adequate but is definitely the weakest

DPS

1. Sin- the king of auto attack and weaves. almost a second tank...

2. Sorc- The highest dps class due to burst power, but is squishy which forces a sacrifice on DPS for survivability. 

3. Gunner- high burst(less than sorc), heavy range, . Can survive easier than sorc, but less than a sin. 

4. Spirit master- infernal blight and spirit wall is extremely OP, but its personal DPS is not what it used to be. Would say it's more of a "support dps" slot when compared to a sorc.

Songweaver- SoD, ok single target dps, decent single target healing, magic variant for spiritmaster as a "support dps" 

SW/SM are roughly in the same spot depends more on group composition

5. Ranger- wouldn't recommend this class unless you PvP. It lacks very strong burst compared to the top 3. DPS-wise it is not enough to pass current end-game content without being carried with top 3 classes.

Cleric- should always have one in your group. A good cleric can solo heal all PvE content while being able to pull out DPS at the same time with both a knowledge and HP set

Chanter- very much depends on group. If with a physical group it could easily be between 3 and 4 for group DPS value. With a mixed or magic group, it drops below spiritmaster and songweaver. This class is not designed for healing and pulls surprisingly good DPS. You pick it mainly for the instant cast shield. Support Chanter is highly inefficient. If placed in a category, support chanter would be at the absolute bottom of this lost for healing and DPS

• 9 months later...

I caught the attention of this thread and see how they have no idea of the classes and their dps, they have ignored a class that has one of the best dps of the game with the sorcerer, that is the cleric dps, inform and try the classes Before talk

In short a sin is better in dps than a sorc, better in survivability than a sorc and ten times better in pvp than a sorc. I play one, you can literally tick sorcs off your list since we are only good for sneaky situations. Also before we go to 6.0+ sins are godstone proc machines and their debuffs are not only better and instant but also much more helpful than our slow casting sleep.

Of course so far I usually am the top dpser in every group I go, probably due to rotation and also the right enchants in skills and stats.

Rangers are pretty bad, but having leveled every class to 65 in 4.x, I enjoyed ranger most and have played them since through all their lows and all their hi-.. lows.. Still a fun a class so I still main ranger. With extra effort you can still be better than most players. Their DPS can be ok with careful weaving, rotations and buff management. I used to manage a top 3 dps with only decent gear consistently in EB before my original account got banned, but since it's EB people probably werent trying too hard. 

On 21/8/2018 at 18:37, Arxaggelos-KT said:

En resumen, un pecado es mejor en dps que un sorc, mejor en la supervivencia que un sorc y diez veces mejor en pvp que un sorc. Juego uno, literalmente puedes sacar a sorras de tu lista ya que solo somos buenos para situaciones furtivas. Además, antes de ir a más de 6.0, los pecados son máquinas proc Godstone y sus debuffs no solo son mejores e instantáneos, sino que también son mucho más útiles que nuestro sueño de lanzamiento lento.

Por supuesto, hasta ahora generalmente soy el mejor jugador en cada grupo al que voy, probablemente debido a la rotación y también a los hechizos adecuados en habilidades y estadísticas.

I've talked about clergy not sorcerer, and you're wrong, who does not do full dps with the sorcer means he does not know how to use skills rotation well

On 23/8/2018 at 5:19 PM, Yortus-KT said:

I've talked about clergy not sorcerer, and you're wrong, who does not do full dps with the sorcer means he does not know how to use skills rotation well

I didn't make a reply to you though. I am a sorc, I am ussualy the highest dps in my group/alliance etc but that is heavily because of my items and the enchants I did on my skills and my rotation. But there are times other classes are pretty close.

As a glass canon I shoul be top fo the top, I have no survivability, no heals etc, I should be top dps with ease even without doing the best rotation possible.

I even play with high ping since I am from Europe, if anything I know how good my sorc is for dps. But I do find the sorc to be the least powerful class when ti comes to everything, not just dpsing a boss.

Archived