[Aion 7.7] Preparing for the new update

Violeta-KT

Can you please explain this part?

"Sets previously available for purchase with the removed coins (Lakrum Scout, Legion Scout, Legion Guard, Aureate Sky, Katalam Accessories) as well as World Boss drops and Katalam Crystal Box (Tranquil Scout, Cruel Demaha, Fierce Katalam) have been consolidated into a single set of accessories and 1 each PvE/PvP sets."

Is this mean existing sets will be automatically converted to new set?
Or existing sets stay the same, and there will be 1 new set available for players if they want to get with Exp Mark?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Luffey-KT said:

"Sets previously available for purchase with the removed coins (Lakrum Scout, Legion Scout, Legion Guard, Aureate Sky, Katalam Accessories) as well as World Boss drops and Katalam Crystal Box (Tranquil Scout, Cruel Demaha, Fierce Katalam) have been consolidated into a single set of accessories and 1 each PvE/PvP sets."

Or existing sets stay the same, and there will be 1 new set available for players if they want to get with Exp Mark?

Let’s wait what Violeta says, but they cannot change previously acquired pieces imo, because new sets are retunable, so they cannot swap existing maxed stats for a random retune. It will also be interesting to compare new katalam accs with bursting altar.

8 hours ago, Luffey-KT said:

No, it means the old items will no longer be acquirable and new items will be purchasable with the xp marks. It is the same thing with frostpacks, they were once the top gear in 6.x patch and then they got replaced by sovereign, PF dropped frostpacks and then it dropped sovereigns but whoever already had frostpacks simply kept his frostpacks and had to-grind for the new set..

Whoever still has the old gear will simply keep the old gear as is.

The instance gear is the same as now nothing changed. BT does drop a new set of PvE armor there is a set that is no different from Sov set there there is the new unleashed set which is the best PvE set you need items that drop from BT as well a scroll you can get from de items with a random chance you combine the scales that drop plus these scrolls to get a random piece of the BT gear to get the new best PvE set. As far as the other sets like titan/lakrum/kata/dem gear you can no longer get this gear because the currency used to get it is gone so there new gear that replaces this that cost xp marks. That is the same stat level the accessories can be retuned

sounds like it will level the playing field/catch up the gap a bit for new people or those existing that can't easily get past lakrum/titan gear, or at all ...like because the circumstances  to farm kata/dem stuff is just not an option for some... so if the 'entry/mid tier level' new stuff is much better than lakrum/titan vs somewhat better than kata/dem stuff, then good good i'm thinking and go farm marks like mad while the current events & kinah options allow (?) or is this wishful :) idea heading towards wistful :(

The issue is kinah. Everything kinah to get xp marks you need kinah to buy the gear you could before get with various other currencies you are essentially buying it with your kinah via the marks. Thus is a poor way to gear, in other words, you just do pve. There is later technically 7.9 IDD is almost infinite runs (100x) per toon and it guarantees 1 random ultimate piece per run to each group member. However these items are not vendorable so you can't farm them for kinah thus going back to the big kinah issue. People who were farming gen crystals for making money kinda had their method snuffed out. You just have to grind for it which is difficult when alts are not already geared but as far as just gearing its super braindead simple if you run PvE just retune/enchant etc is a pain just like now. Also extractor prices, these are the things Korea is talking about on their forums hoping for a change. Selling gems is prob one of the best methods in KR for NA luna still going to be the best and events and stuff like normal. Get the gear while you can with the marks you have now or use them to save up some kinah for later

20 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

The issue is kinah. Everything kinah to get xp marks you need kinah to buy the gear you could before get with various other currencies you are essentially buying it with your kinah via the marks. Thus is a poor way to gear, in other words, you just do pve. There is later technically 7.9 IDD is almost infinite runs (100x) per toon and it guarantees 1 random ultimate piece per run to each group member. However these items are not vendorable so you can't farm them for kinah thus going back to the big kinah issue. People who were farming gen crystals for making money kinda had their method snuffed out. You just have to grind for it which is difficult when alts are not already geared but as far as just gearing its super braindead simple if you run PvE just retune/enchant etc is a pain just like now. Also extractor prices, these are the things Korea is talking about on their forums hoping for a change. Selling gems is prob one of the best methods in KR for NA luna still going to be the best and events and stuff like normal. Get the gear while you can with the marks you have now or use them to save up some kinah for later

Yes, I already mentioned that before, and I will say that again - this system creates disbalance because the stuff we could buy only with “tokens” now will cost kinah + “tokens”. That means, farming kinah should be made easier.

2 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yes, I already mentioned that before, and I will say that again - this system creates disbalance because the stuff we could buy only with “tokens” now will cost kinah + “tokens”. That means, farming kinah should be made easier.

Its better to have a 1 currency system.. The point is you get your gear from instance now not from lakrum/kata/dem etc its a waste of time and kinah. It would be kind of dumb to waste it on else unless you are farming those xp mark on alts for your alts gear from luna or AS. Even then it cost kinah, so just run the instance its so easy now to get full gear. I am only stating about the items for the folks who were grinding the stuff to sell to make kinah not to use the items.

There are other ways you can make kinah better than grinding those items for sale. If, I will give an example, for me that wasn't my main source of income but lakrum genesis crystals was 340m kinah a week so with that gone I still have much better ways I was making kinah but you can see that 340m could buy me plenty of consumables, extractors, gss stigma enchant stones, etc so it will still have impact. I don't think many players went this route with the grind so essentially it won't even change for them but the folks who did it will.

Players who don't go out and grind and players who are really casual and don't run PvE sure it will also effect them as well but generally speaking those players I feel at least aren't the majority of people and if you say what about returning players well they will get their gear like older patches and just have to run instance and spend the little bit extra on the xp mark accessories but they do not have fixed tuned stats anymore so they will need to do it now or buy off broker the old if they want to save the kinah. Gelk renown have kinah bundles and you have luna and AS to get kinah or in AS case contracts to sell. There is also the need for shining and dazzling gems so you still have the ability to make kinah off this doing lugbug and demaha quests and instances and also the WB.

For casual players they will have to play the game, but for more active players even doing these things constantly pushing for max everything will leave you in the spot of always needing more kinah which is where the problem is. If you are focusing on one thing its easy and you have enough kinah if you play but for players who are looking to max on everything they will have the problems. Without auto combat in NA most players don't know how to effectively write macro scripts for farming. It is similar to the ones people used for gathering back in the day but this skill is kinda lost in today playerbase. This means for people who are trying to get everything new it will take a long time because they are limited in how much xp they can farm or how much kinah they can farm in the time they sit down to play.

The best way in my opinion is to see about how the CM and Dev's can work with us on some changes for NA if they still do not wish to implement the Auto-combat system. It is very much needed for the new PvP gear grind or just in general for multipurpose grinds. I literally spend upwards of 5+ hours afk with auto combat running on the Korean server everyday while I actively farm in NA it is almost a necessity. Without this in NA it will hurt with the new changes. I don't think it is as much just a kinah or xp gain issue as other issues that will cause the NA playerbase to have problems with this patch but this is just my opinion my my own experiences playing in NA vs KR.

It is much better use of our time to inform the playerbase on how they can work to improve their own time efficiency in game as well as talking with our CM like @Kibbelz to contact the Dev team to see how we can work to make changes than just complain about things that we cannot change. Better to offer fixes than complain on problems with no solutions. In the end we want to make the community better so trying to work to fix the problem is much better than just talking on the issues of the game. This also will make the game more appealing to new and returning players to not just see all negativity in the forums and push them from trying or coming back to the game

On 11/7/2020 at 9:24 PM, Luffey-KT said:

Like has already been said, this.

19 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Let’s wait what Violeta says, but they cannot change previously acquired pieces imo, because new sets are retunable, so they cannot swap existing maxed stats for a random retune. It will also be interesting to compare new katalam accs with bursting altar.

Bursting accessories are still better, even with the new accessories increased retunable stats.

Replying to what @lostcrazyman-KT said, I do like that auto-hunt is disabled, and I do think farming kinah should made easier, so the only think ncsoft should do to adress the new patch kinah issue is to lower the price of an XP extractor to like 100-200k kinah.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Replying to what @lostcrazyman-KT said, I do like that auto-hunt is disabled, and I do think farming kinah should made easier, so the only think ncsoft should do to adress the new patch kinah issue is to lower the price of an XP extractor to like 100-200k kinah.

They could remove 1 zero from the XP extractors or even better remove 2 zeros, after all we need to farm XP to extract our XP bar so this should be the difficulty.

Personally I am glad with this change even with the need ofk inah because plenty of people couldn't set a foot on katalam or Demaha due to pvp so they can now get their entry level of gear.

12 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

There are other ways you can make kinah better than grinding those items for sale. If, I will give an example, for me that wasn't my main source of income but lakrum genesis crystals was 340m kinah a week so with that gone I still have much better ways I was making kinah but you can see that 340m could buy me plenty of consumables, extractors, gss stigma enchant stones, etc so it will still have impact. I don't think many players went this route with the grind so essentially it won't even change for them but the folks who did it will.

How were you making money with genesis crystals? Aren't the gear boxes unbrokerable (but account wh storable)? Or you mean you purchased the gear and sold it to npc?

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They could remove 1 zero from the XP extractors or even better remove 2 zeros, after all we need to farm XP to extract our XP bar so this should be the difficulty.

Personally I am glad with this change even with the need ofk inah because plenty of people couldn't set a foot on katalam or Demaha due to pvp so they can now get their entry level of gear.

How were you making money with genesis crystals? Aren't the gear boxes unbrokerable (but account wh storable)? Or you mean you purchased the gear and sold it to npc?

Arhangelos, I agree about Katalam but I disagree about Demaha. It’s been almost 6 months since I’ve been farming Demaha and I was engaged in pvp maximum a dozens of time, for me Demaha is pve map, unlike Lakrum and Katalam. Of course, if they remove one zero from xp extractor price it would be awesome, but we shouldn’t dream...

As for kinah, I guess he was doing camps on all his alts and selling the gear for kinah, still 340 mil per week looks too much. I better quit the game than farm kinah thus way, ty.

55 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Arhangelos, I agree about Katalam but I disagree about Demaha. It’s been almost 6 months since I’ve been farming Demaha and I was engaged in pvp maximum a dozens of time, for me Demaha is pve map, unlike Lakrum and Katalam. Of course, if they remove one zero from xp extractor price it would be awesome, but we shouldn’t dream...

As for kinah, I guess he was doing camps on all his alts and selling the gear for kinah, still 340 mil per week looks too much. I better quit the game than farm kinah thus way, ty.

I haven't been in Demaha many times (I only went there like 10 times since it became the new main map in 7.whatever). I also never go to katalam because it is garbage to navigate and if you die you go back to Gelkmaros and have to travel all the way back via gangs. It is good you can get the basic ultimate gear without having to even set foot on any shared/pvp maps to begin with. Demaha might be deserted because we lack players, if we had more ti would have more pvp for sure.

* As for the genesis money, you have 9 camps with 102 genesis crystals each so that is 918 genesis crystals from the weeklies per char.
* Then you can have 7 legion tickets  per day (1 bought with XP mark and 6 from the npc that gives them for free), so that is 49 legion tickets per char, each can give up to 50 genesis crystals if you do the hard quests that is 2450 genesis crystals per week per char.
* And lastly you can get 2 more tickets per week from killing camp captains (per char) so that is another 100 genesis crystals per char from this (it is not that easy but still an option).
918+2450+100 = 3468 genesis crystals/char/week
12x3468=41.616 genesis crystals per week per account.

If you use the legion discount certificate it is 640 genesis crystals for one weapon (if I remember) so you can buy like 65 weapons.

Not sure how much one weapon costs to sell to be honest. If one weapon sold for close to 5m~5.5m then yes it would be possible to make that much money.

I also wouldn't even do all that job either, sometimes I skip a camp or two with my main out of boredom to go to the enemy side.

We can all complain about the kinah needed for XP extractors, but that's not even the major problem we'll face. It's the XP itself. Unless we have constant server buffs and/or they increase the amount of XP you get from instances/mobs, we won't have enough XP to be extracting as much as needed.

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

We can all complain about the kinah needed for XP extractors, but that's not even the major problem we'll face. It's the XP itself. Unless we have constant server buffs and/or they increase the amount of XP you get from instances/mobs, we won't have enough XP to be extracting as much as needed.

Yeah, one can say : don’t you worry about kinah guys, you won’t have that much xp anyway, what whould require some noticeable kinah investment :D

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Personally my concern was never kinah, I have them with luna alts, and it is what it is. But the amount of XP is insane and sadly the whole XP bar is enough for 2 XP marks only, if we could at least have the 80 level to have like 100 times more XP than it currently has it would be better, we could XP non stop grind and farm and then when we are done we could simply do our exchanges.

There is nothing worse than killing 3~4 mobs in LUT and have to stop to exchange an XP mark. Even luna daily has to be done like this, with prestige passive, rune, coffin and passive from event you have to be careful not to hit more cores and fill your bar and lose XP

Of course nothing beats the obnoxious bobonerk coins... especially after they changed their usage in 7.0 or 7.2 they are super slow to be exchanged.

We should have them "activated" and once the XP is enough they should auto exchange.
-
But do not forget in 7.7 everything will give XP instead of useless currencies and also mobs will have a boost in XP finally.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

weekly camps, daily quests, renown 1 ticket, weekly kill captain 3 ticket and I think you can get more gen crystal from demaha. Buy ancient pvp pieces sell for 1.3m ish or something you get 28m per toon a week x12 is 336m per week

1 minute ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

weekly camps, daily quests, renown 1 ticket, weekly kill captain 3 ticket and I think you can get more gen crystal from demaha. Buy ancient pvp pieces sell for 1.3m ish or something you get 28m per toon a week x12 is 336m per week

Nice, i didn't know Demaha had genesis crystals too.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I haven't been in Demaha many times (I only went there like 10 times since it became the new main map in 7.whatever). I also never go to katalam because it is garbage to navigate and if you die you go back to Gelkmaros and have to travel all the way back via gangs. It is good you can get the basic ultimate gear without having to even set foot on any shared/pvp maps to begin with. Demaha might be deserted because we lack players, if we had more ti would have more pvp for sure.

You don't actually get ported out of Kata you can rez back at start. But I checked and yes you can get an extra 300 gen crystals from demaha but still this gives you that 17-18ish weapon so 28-29m giving me that 340m a week. In korea xp isn't the issue because they have the auto-combat everyone uses it. I don't know the actual xp values from the mobs so I couldn't tell you if there was an increase in xp from mobs. Making kinah isn't really an issue either its more the cost of the extractors for how much you need is just high. They did get a reduction in price but its not noticeable I think 10% so like drop to 500k lol, like this makes a difference, but they are pushing the Devs to reduce this more like they are getting from their 12 yr anniversary <- they want this extractor price permanent which is really low right now. We have to see what they do and keep pushing here in NA as well and use whatever KR decides and a move we can take here as well. 

If they don't wish to give the auto-combat we have to give them the numbers on how it effects the grind and correlates with the only reliable way to progress in the new patch and without it its even more of an uphill battle

Just now, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

You don't actually get ported out of Kata you can rez back at start. But I checked and yes you can get an extra 300 gen crystals from demaha but still this gives you that 17-18ish weapon so 28-29m giving me that 340m a week. In korea xp isn't the issue because they have the auto-combat everyone uses it. I don't know the actual xp values from the mobs so I couldn't tell you if there was an increase in xp from mobs. Making kinah isn't really an issue either its more the cost of the extractors for how much you need is just high. They did get a reduction in price but its not noticeable I think 10% so like drop to 500k lol, like this makes a difference, but they are pushing the Devs to reduce this more like they are getting from their 12 yr anniversary. We have to see what they do and keep pushing here in NA as well and use whatever KR decides and a move we can take here as well. 

Does auto combat also auto-exchange marks though? If you have to be there to stop the auto combat to use the XP mark it is not worth it.

14 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Does auto combat also auto-exchange marks though? If you have to be there to stop the auto combat to use the XP mark it is not worth it.

Yes, it automatically uses extractors

It also keeps going even if your inventory is full it does not cancel

You can put 5 skills in it, HP/Healing pot and adjust when you want it to pop these, then 3 more options  First option is useless kinda, 2nd is auto sell junk, 3rd is auto use extractors.

If you want to know the first one its prioritize quest mobs which imo meh but I guess if you put in a place to farm cubic I guess you dont want to hit the rubbish mobs that don't drop cubics then its ok or if you are doing it for a quest and afk then its ok as well

8 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Yes, it automatically uses extractors

It also keeps going even if your inventory is full it does not cancel

You can put 5 skills in it, HP/Healing pot and adjust when you want it to pop these, then 3 more options  First option is useless kinda, 2nd is auto sell junk, 3rd is auto use extractors.

If you want to know the first one its prioritize quest mobs which imo meh but I guess if you put in a place to farm cubic I guess you dont want to hit the rubbish mobs that don't drop cubics then its ok or if you are doing it for a quest and afk then its ok as well

Lol wtf, the game is being played by itself! Lets hope auto play never comes here, the other regions are big bot-fests. People can't even finish their quests and there is no shame to having your own main farming afk.Is there an auto essencetap as well?

I assume the report bot function is useless at those regions.

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

Lol wtf, the game is being played by itself! Lets hope auto play never comes here, the other regions are big bot-fests. People can't even finish their quests and there is no shame to having your own main farming afk.Is there an auto essencetap as well?

I assume the report bot function is useless at those regions.

It just scary, the turn this game is taking. Auto-hunt now and what next ? Auto-lfg, auto-running instances, auto-loot the boss ? Our character will just live their own lifes and we will just login once per week to check what they are doing.

It is essentially the same as writing a macro to do just this. It is what I have been using for a while now ever since 2.0.

I guess common misconception, you are free to move around on your own with auto combat running it doesn't force you to auto path or auto mobs, you cannot use it for pvp as it will not target the players or work in PvP

It is all around a great addition to the game and if they do not wish to add it to NA then we must have something to counteract the difficulties we will face in the patches and events without it. I don't think there is much wrong with it you can clearly tell who is a bot because they attack back auto combat toons do not

No one has time to grind out long periods of time that a lot of mmo's require I mean in an Ideal world you would want players to play but with how games are now if you have to spend the majority of you day grinding endlessly in an mmorpg you most likely will choose not to play it

Archived