[Aion 7.7] Preparing for the new update

Violeta-KT

Barring any delays we should be getting 7.7 some time in Oct/Nov. 7.7 brings many changes, including new gear, new systems and improvements to the stats and acquisition of mid-tier sets.

Token Consolidation

All existing tokens (genesis crystals, blood marks, stellium, titan coins etc.) will no longer drop/be rewarded. Everything previously purchased using these tokens will now be available using Experience Marks. This change has it's pros and cons, on one hand you are no longer held back by daily/weekly time lock outs, you can farm Exp. Marks when ever you want. On the other hand you now need to invest a substantial amount of kinah when purchasing items, each Exp. Mark cost 500k+ kinah (make use of the Lugbug daily that gives an Exp. Mark). All quests that previously awarded these tokens/coins will now award XP (ex. Katalam Weeklies = 52mil, Lakrum Camp Weeklies = 44mil) not enough imo, but a nice addition when farming renown.

Notable Changes:

Item Previous Cost Experience Mark Cost
Deavanon Skill Box (craft) 100 Genesis Crystals 3
PvE/PvP Enchantment Stone Box 50 Genesis Crystals 1
Stone Excahnge Ticket 16 Stellium 2
Demaha Treasure Chest 100 Stellium 10
Katalam Treasure Chest 20 Ult. Blood Marks 10
Katalam Title 20 Ult. Blood Marks 4

Leftover coins/token will likely not be compensated (they weren't in Korea). Instead any tokens left in your cube can be used to charge the new Lumiel's Transmutation, specifically the experience tab. The only worthwhile prize here are the 30 Experience Marks, and it is a complete gamble.

aVwTXlE.png

Token/Coin Lumiel's Charge Points
Genesis Crystals 35
Archon/Guardian Fighter's Mark 50
Titan Coin 70
Titan Coin Piece 7
Stellium 90
Legendary Blood Mark 350
Legendary Blood Mark Shard 35
Ultimate Blood Mark 450
Ultimate Blood Mark Shard 45
Ceramium Mark 600
Socket Stones* 2
  • *The only other item I've seen that can charge the Experience tab.

Gear Changes

Along with brand new BiS PvE/PvP sets, previous mid tier sets have been consolidated and slightly buffed.

Sets previously available for purchase with the removed coins (Lakrum Scout, Legion Scout, Legion Guard, Aureate Sky, Katalam Accessories) as well as World Boss drops and Katalam Crystal Box (Tranquil Scout, Cruel Demaha, Fierce Katalam) have been consolidated into a single set of accessories and 1 each PvE/PvP sets.

The new sets gain higher base PvE/PvP stats as well as higher re-tunable stats (these sets also have one of my favorite gear skins, Commander gear from 5.8):

JUs4oYx.png

Item Location/Renown LvL Required Experience Mark Cost
PvE Weapon Gelk/Igg Renown LvL.4 6
PvE Chest/Helm Gelk/Igg Renown LvL.4 4
PvE Pants Gelk/Igg Renown LvL.4 3
PvE Gloves/Shoulders/Boots Gelk/Igg Renown LvL.4 2
PvP Weapon Lakrum Renown LvL.4 6
PvP Chest/Helm Lakrum Renown LvL.4 4
PvP Pants Lakrum Renown LvL.4 3
PvP Gloves/Shoulders/Boots Lakrum Renown LvL.4 2
  • All Ancient Dark Talon gear can be purchased in Lakrum (Renown LvL.5) for 1 Experience Mark per piece.

Accessories now have the same base stats as Katalam/Cruel Demaha and have higher re-tunable stats. Accessories are also much easier to obtain no longer requiring you to flip Katalam Bases to spawn shugos, they can be purchased in the Katalam starting area for your faction.

1wYkYaU.png

Item Location/Renown LvL. Required Experience Mark Cost
Necklace Katalam Renown LvL.3 4
Earring Katalam Renown LvL.3 3
Ring/Belt Katalam Renown LvL.3 2
Wings Katalam Renown LvL.3 6
Plume/Bracelet Katalam Renown LvL.3 5
  • Katalam Crystal Boxes and Demaha Treasure Chest will no longer give Accessory/Feather boxes, only Weapon/Armor Boxes will drop from these sources.
  • Katalam Base shugos will now only sell Base Crystals, for Kinah.

The new BiS sets available will only be a slight upgrade to Dark Talon/Soveriegn, no where near as big of an upgrade as Cloud War/FrostSpark to Dark Talon/Sovereign, because of this I beleive Dark Talon/Sovereign will still remain fairly competitive.

dIeAHFx.png

I don't know much about farming the new PvP set, but you will need AP to purchase bottles in the Time Layer and Experience Marks to purchase Silentium from the Time Layer Renown merchant. There are multiple ways to get the set including Random Boxes, Selection boxes and Discounted Boxes. Each requires a different amount of materials.

As for the new PvE set in Beshmundir Temple HM, you can farm Sovereign pieces now, these can be extracted for a chance at the scroll required to combine the new Set Selection Box. BTNM will drop a new set with the same stats as Sovereign, these can also be extracted for a chance at the scroll.

New Systems

I can't go into to much detail reagrding the new systems Lumiel's Transmutation and Item Collection.

Lumiel's Transmutaion allows you to gamble for various prizes, including gear boxes, cubicles, kinah etc. Hold on to your Legendary Transformation potions 13 of these can fully charge the 1000 point Transmutaion bar. Also hold on to any excess Minium these can be used to charge the Advanced 5000p Transmutaion. Various other items can be used to charge the bar including potions, enchantment stones, gear pieces etc.

Item Collection, what to say? If you are able to use this system I think you officially won the game. The system requries collecting pretty much every single piece of gear and stimga for every class. Once collected and registered the item is consumed and lost forever doesn't seem so bad until you see that the collections include +4//+12/+10/+15 gear sets ancient/legendary/ultimate, as well as every stigma at +9. Not only that but it requires you to register multiple of the same item for the different collections for example registering a 6 piece set of Ulitmate Dark Talon at +4, +10 and +15.

WHYujFE.png

Who has a set of +9 stigmas to throw away for +4 defense? There are some collections that reward selection boxes with skill skins example, these require a 6 piece set of Ulti Dark Talon at +10, or 2 Ultimate Dark Talon Weapons at +10. If you instead register the pieces at +15 you get 2 selection boxes.

TL;DR Farm Experience Marks, Farm Kinah Experience Extractors are expensive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only exciting thing about this update is the (old) new instance BT. Generalizing token system is a good idea, but not replacing them with XP marks. Before, any player (even undergeared one) could do one camp in Lakrum and get 100 genesis xtals to craft hus daevanion box. Now he has to pay around 2 mil kinah in addition. 500k kinah for retune, 200k kinah for enchant/manastone socket, >500k for XP extractor... Where are we gonna get that much ? The only ligical thing would be to make XP extractors free of charge or cost 1  Kinah. We already struggle with XP for renown system, and niw we get this...

Personally, I dont like this update and hope they skip it in NA.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Now he has to pay around 2 mil kinah in addition. 500k kinah for retune, 200k kinah for enchant/manastone socket, >500k for XP extractor... Where are we gonna get that much ? The only ligical thing would be to make XP extractors free of charge or cost 1  Kinah. We already struggle with XP for renown system, and niw we get this...

While i am anti-luna guy luna is going to give you the EXP and the luna materials you can use for kinah bundles to get the XP extractor's.

4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

While i am anti-luna guy luna is going to give you the EXP and the luna materials you can use for kinah bundles to get the XP extractor's.

I understand, there are many other ways to get those also. I'm just talking about some major changes in game balance this update brings. Something that before cost only experience (here I consider genesis crystal, stellium and BM a kind of experience since you get them from quests), now will cost experience and a fair amount of kinah as well.

4 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I understand, there are many other ways to get those also. I'm just talking about some major changes in game balance this update brings. Something that before cost only experience (here I consider genesis crystal, stellium and BM a kind of experience since you get them from quests), now will cost experience and a fair amount of kinah as well.

I agree, when i saw this update I figured Experience Extractors would at least be discounted. For new/poor players, the camp quests in Gelk/Igg give 1 Extractor as well as 102mil XP. That is 5 free extractors and a nice chunk of XP, with the Lugbug daily you could get 10 Experience Marks free per week. That is enough for the skill craft and at least 1 or more pieces of gear.

20 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Token Consolidation

All existing tokens (genesis crystals, blood marks, stellium, titan coins etc.) will no longer drop/be rewarded. Everything previously purchased using these tokens will now be available using Experience Marks. Leftover coins/token will likely not be compensated (they weren't in Korea).

So what, should I start spending all of the tokens and coins I've been busting my butt for for weeks now on junk to disassemble? I am not looking forward to tossing them all into a smoking couldron and hoping I get something good out them. ?

20 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Gear Changes

Sets previously available for purchase with the removed coins (Lakrum Scout, Legion Scout, Legion Guard, Aureate Sky, Katalam Accessories) as well as World Boss drops and Katalam Crystal Box (Tranquil Scout, Cruel Demaha, Fierce Katalam) have been consolidated into a single set of accessories and 1 each PvE/PvP sets. Accessories now have the same base stats as Katalam/Cruel Demaha and have higher re-tunable stats.

I guess I really shouldn't bother purchasing that second set of accessories for Healing Boost now? I have the full Ulti Fierce Katalam accessory set as it is, but if both sets are going to be replaced with ones that can be retuned and have higher stats, it is kind of pointless to spend more time and money on these.

Also, should I hold off on purchasing any Ulti Fierce Katalam armor? I know it is a nightmare to try and get the pieces, and it might not be worth the hassle at this point. What about the Ultimate PVP armor you can purchase with genesis crystals in Lakrum? Should I buy that set while I still can so I have a decent PVP set to start off with? (I don't have Ulti DT)

It looks like everything will give XP then, all quests that previously gave crystals, tokens, marks or whatever will now give XP instead, so not that bad. We will have to see it in action to see how it goes.

Generally this streamlining is not a bad one. Having a ton of different currencies was a pain. It is like the event nightmare coins they have now which will be the future of all events as they said.

^

I agree with you, and I am not against the idea of a universal currency. However, it would be nice if we could get compensation for the outdated currencies. I think NCWest should be better than Korea and give us the opportunity to directly exchange a number of Titan Coins/BMs/Genesis Crystals for a stack of XP marks. I've never liked the idea of tossing out something I've spent months and months gathering, and Lumiel's Transmutation looks like a total scam.  What are the odds of you actually getting the 30 XP marks? I bet close to zero!

4 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

^

I agree with you, and I am not against the idea of a universal currency. However, it would be nice if we could get compensation for the outdated currencies. I think NCWest should be better than Korea and give us the opportunity to directly exchange a number of Titan Coins/BMs/Genesis Crystals for a stack of XP marks. I've never liked the idea of tossing out something I've spent months and months gathering, and Lumiel's Transmutation looks like a total scam.  What are the odds of you actually getting the 30 XP marks? I bet close to zero!

this, give us a fair option to convert all that time spent in something actually useful

On 9/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Voltric-DN said:

So what, should I start spending all of the tokens and coins I've been busting my butt for for weeks now on junk to disassemble? I am not looking forward to tossing them all into a smoking couldron and hoping I get something good out them. ?

I guess I really shouldn't bother purchasing that second set of accessories for Healing Boost now? I have the full Ulti Fierce Katalam accessory set as it is, but if both sets are going to be replaced with ones that can be retuned and have higher stats, it is kind of pointless to spend more time and money on these.

Also, should I hold off on purchasing any Ulti Fierce Katalam armor? I know it is a nightmare to try and get the pieces, and it might not be worth the hassle at this point. What about the Ultimate PVP armor you can purchase with genesis crystals in Lakrum? Should I buy that set while I still can so I have a decent PVP set to start off with? (I don't have Ulti DT)

Ultimate Fierce Katalam and Ultimate Cruel Demaha Armor Sets actually have the same stats as the new stuff replacing it, only difference is the new stuff can be retuned. Genesis Crystals are so easy to farm I don't think it will be much of a waste if you have nothing now, I mean we still don't know when the update will drop.

2 hours ago, Camalus-KT said:

Just one question.. Which is going to be the best acc/fea items?

Scarlet and Bursting Altar are still the best.

I was looking at the list of Collections and noticed that only Sovereign's gear is listed.

I wonder what about Skyflame gear? Does anyone know if NC will rename this gear before the new patch or does it mean I and many others will need to refarm ultimate pieces and re-enchant them?

On 9/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, Pharoahra-DN said:

Which set has the commander skin? Just curious.

This is the asmo version, for cloth (i believe) I’ve never actually seen an amo with it on. But i do know the elyos set is the exact same except it’s more blue. I owned the set when during 5.8, it really is a nice armor set. One of my favorites as well, i almost skinned my commander set to my armor. 
The source for the pictures: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/110905236

*edit* i just noticed when looking at the pictures of the set on PowerBook there’s a second set of photos. Those are the ones for elyos. If you wanna find another set type just look up “Prime Archon Commander’s”
rb_a08a_1.jpgrb_a08a_2.jpg

On 9/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, Violeta-KT said:

The new BiS sets available will only be a slight upgrade to Dark Talon/Soveriegn, no where near as big of an upgrade as Cloud War/FrostSpark to Dark Talon/Sovereign, because of this I beleive Dark Talon/Sovereign will still remain fairly competitive.

So you’re telling me the sets you buy with exp marks will be better then the sovereign set? So like a new player could farm up 22 exp marks and get a full set better then sovereign?

As for the new PvE set in Beshmundir Temple HM, you can farm Sovereign pieces now, these can be extracted for a chance at the scroll required to combine the new Set Selection Box. BTNM will drop a new set with the same stats as Sovereign, these can also be extracted for a chance at the scroll.

And, is this new set that comes out of the selection box the best set in the game? Like could I get the BiS set and then d/e my sovereign one? Also, is the only point of Besh to get the sovereign parts for d/e? The best set doesn’t even drop in there?

Question : I came back on Aion on July ... Since July, I farm the Dark Talon set ... actually I have my weapon dark talon legendary +15 ... The cost is pretty high (23 M AP, I have it) to upgrade to ultimate... and 1 legendary ring +14 .. all others legendary are +10 or less.

What should I do ?

Is it good to continue actually to make the dark talon or is it better to wait next patch ?

I read about the new patch that the new silentera gear will be farmable and you'll have collection too... Like to have a bonus stats, you'll need 10 ultimate tunic and 10 ultimate weapon..

This is very confusing as I come back :/ Should I just wait for the new gear ? Will I be able to farm it with my titan coin gear lol ?

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

This is the asmo version, for cloth (i believe) I’ve never actually seen an amo with it on. But i do know the elyos set is the exact same except it’s more blue. I owned the set when during 5.8, it really is a nice armor set. One of my favorites as well, i almost skinned my commander set to my armor. 
The source for the pictures: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/110905236

Additional photos:

Chain and cloth:

tumblr_osyx4xl25F1s1ts8io2_1280.png

Plate and leather:

tumblr_osyx4xl25F1s1ts8io1_1280.png

6 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

So you’re telling me the sets you buy with exp marks will be better then the sovereign set? So like a new player could farm up 22 exp marks and get a full set better then sovereign?

And, is this new set that comes out of the selection box the best set in the game? Like could I get the BiS set and then d/e my sovereign one? Also, is the only point of Besh to get the sovereign parts for d/e? The best set doesn’t even drop in there?

Sets available with Exp. Marks are starter/mid-tier, they are not better then Sovereign.

Gear from BTEM (Sealed Stormwing) has the same stats as Sovereign, the BTNM set (Unleashed Stormwing) has a chance to drop from Stormwing or you can farm the scales+scroll to combine for a selection box. Scales drop from Stormwing, and the scroll you get from d/e Sovereign or BT gear.

5 hours ago, Mihara-KT said:

Question : I came back on Aion on July ... Since July, I farm the Dark Talon set ... actually I have my weapon dark talon legendary +15 ... The cost is pretty high (23 M AP, I have it) to upgrade to ultimate... and 1 legendary ring +14 .. all others legendary are +10 or less.

What should I do ?

Is it good to continue actually to make the dark talon or is it better to wait next patch ?

I read about the new patch that the new silentera gear will be farmable and you'll have collection too... Like to have a bonus stats, you'll need 10 ultimate tunic and 10 ultimate weapon..

This is very confusing as I come back :/ Should I just wait for the new gear ? Will I be able to farm it with my titan coin gear lol ?

Thanks !

Without an actual release date for 7.7, can't really say. Dark Talon will still be useful so I don't think its a waste to keep working on it.

15 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

Sets available with Exp. Marks are starter/mid-tier, they are not better then Sovereign.

Gear from BTEM (Sealed Stormwing) has the same stats as Sovereign, the BTNM set (Unleashed Stormwing) has a chance to drop from Stormwing or you can farm the scales+scroll to combine for a selection box. Scales drop from Stormwing, and the scroll you get from d/e Sovereign or BT gear.

Okay, so the only set better then sovereign will be the Unleashed Stormwing, so it’ll be a bit before getting a full set of it? 

fight fight lol its like chickens running around with their heads still on lol

the most important question is whats with the legendary and ulti contracts as far as obtaining them...And im sure they will increase or completely put back the kinah gain and shoot that 1 kinah bs and give us back personal shops...

Archived