Adjust Renown Rewards for Gelkmaros Daily Quests

Gallium-DN

The Renown rewards from Daily quests in Gelkmaros need to be reviewed. Each one only gives 0.08% renown. This means that after completing all eight Daily quests you can only gain 0.64% renown each day. This equals to earning only 4.48% Renown every week. Considering you lose 5% renown every Monday, if you're on level 9, this means you lose more renown than what you gain in one week. If you are on a lower level of Gelkmaros renown, you lose even more: between 10-36%.

@Kibbelz, @Hime, and @Loki If any of you could please reply here it would be greatly appreciated.

c5e028b3c7ae2383ceee42776013624883a6f739

Home field or enemy field? It's practically impossible to level past level 5 on the enemy field. If you do all the dailies (6x gate guard + scroll quest) for 7 days a week, it's total of 643,174, just barely enough to cover the weekly deduction. The weekly quests (kill gate captains guarded by huge number of high HP, high defense guards) are practically impossible.

7.7 Asmodian version

7.7 Elyos version

2 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

@Violeta-KT I'm talking about what you can do per-day.

If you are Asmodian you do not need the dailies at all, with the 5 camps and 5 weeklies (where id 8 coming from?) you can do 5x 163,595=817,975 renown and that is without prestige or the nabaru, you get more than 1m renown from the weeklies in Gerlkmaros with prestige and Nabaru fruit higher than 50% in your buff.

If you are an elyos then as Moomoo said it is impossible to get renown past level 5\

7 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

You seem to be forgetting the weekly quests. The daily rewards are rubbish but the 8 weekly quests give more then enough to maintain renown levels.

8 x 163,596 = 1,308,768 per week.

The camp weekleis are 5, what are the 3 others you mentioned?

There are a total of 8 home field weekly quests that give 163,596 renown each:

• 5 camp quests - absolutely a must-do as it gives over 100m XP each, plus an XP extractor
  • Hunter quest - roam around the map to kill 8 named mobs (not elite). The first one has 10 min respawn time, the others are 3 min respawn. Gives no XP, but gives random enchantment stone or manastone instead.
  • Spy quest - kill an enemy spy NPC on your home field.  It has 15,349 phy/mag defense so not suitable for new characters. The one closest to the altars have much lower HP than the other, but still have 4,551,609 HP. Gives no XP, but gives random enchantment stone or manastone instead.
  • Gathering quest - 300 x 3 materials. Each node gives 1.3 material on average. No extra rewards.

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

5 camps and 5 weeklies (where id 8 coming from?)

The are a total of 8 Daily quests that give 0.08% renown. They are:

1. [Daily] Mysterious Creatures Roaming Viscum Swamp
  2. [Daily] Hecklers Roaming Petralith Canyon
  3. [Daily] Hecklers in the Netherworld
  4. [Daily] Hunting in Gelkmaros
  5. [Weekday/Group] Strigik Village Attack Support Request (although some days this one does not appear,)
  6. [Weekday/Group] Twilight Drana Farm Attack Support Request
  7. [Daily] Risk Elements Roaming Spiritfall Forest
  8. [Daily] Dragonbound Defenders of Cursed Subterranea

The Weeklies do give better renown (1.44%), but my point is that on an average day when you put all the Dailies together and you earn less than 1.00% renown, its not good progression when you turn around each Monday and lose between 5-36%.

I would like them to do something about weeklies in the enemy maps or silentera etc because on those maps it is impossible to get renown. In your main mapand Lakrum it is super easy to maintain level 9. Gelkmaros for Asmodians is like 5 minutes once a week and you aer done, in Lakrum you can get more renown than any other map, it just takes a little bit more time, but still doable.

I have only one toon, it's been trying to get to level 9 since July and yet to achieve it on any map.

The highest so far is on Crimson Katalam at level 8.22, each week you loose several percent which takes two days of doing the 5  camps to claw back.

The renown rewards need increasing.

48 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

I have only one toon, it's been trying to get to level 9 since July and yet to achieve it on any map.

The highest so far is on Crimson Katalam at level 8.22, each week you loose several percent which takes two days of doing the 5  camps to claw back.

The renown rewards need increasing.

Getting to level 9 is indeed slow, once you get ther eit is super easy to maintain. Some maps are making it impossible to keep up with level 5 much more to progress to the next levels.

The most sure-fire way to get to Inggison/Gelk level 5 and above reliably is to take the opposing faction's Forts(Good luck with that in this patch that completely discourages PvP) or to steal Omega/Ragnarok from the opposing faction which is easier said than done due to timing constraints. 

Gelk Lakrum Dem Kata I have been able to keep my lvl 9 but the other maps I am lucky to hit 5 sometimes I will get a 6 just in time for it to be stripped away on renown reset. I will have to agree it is very difficult managing all or even certain specific maps for renown and many of those problem children are the ones with the best rewards sadly. I should've never let my renown slip after they started doing the reductions again. That was truly a huge regret

I am level 8~9 renown in Gelkmaros and Lakrum but I have no use of that level 9 in them. I could have been high level in Katalam if there was an incentive for me to go there and do the weeklies/dailies.

All the others I am either level 1~2 or max level 3, the maps that lack the typical "weekly" style quests that Gelkmaros and Lakrum have are badly designed.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Getting to level 9 is indeed slow, once you get ther eit is super easy to maintain. Some maps are making it impossible to keep up with level 5 much more to progress to the next levels.

The task is insane.

On Crimson Katalam I am level 8, for the 5 weekly sins quests I get 0.57% reward, same for the 5 x daily quests which can be done 4 times per week that's a total of 25 x 0.57% = 14.25% each week, then on Mondays you loose 5.09% leaving you with only 9.16% for the week.  Meaning it takes 11 weeks just to get a toon from renown L8 to L9.

Whoever came up with that idea is nuts and should get another job cleaning bird cages.

3 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

The task is insane.

On Crimson Katalam I am level 8, for the 5 weekly sins quests I get 0.57% reward, same for the 5 x daily quests which can be done 4 times per week that's a total of 25 x 0.57% = 14.25% each week, then on Mondays you loose 5.09% leaving you with only 9.16% for the week.  Meaning it takes 11 weeks just to get a toon from renown L8 to L9.

Whoever came up with that idea is nuts and should get another job cleaning bird cages.

They sure need to make the reduction of level 5 to 8 less than what it is, I understand level 9 being 550k or whatever it is, but now to get past level 5 is equally hard to level 9, but level 5 is the starting point where you can  get items from renown npcs.

Archived