How to destroy the game twice!

Massan

It is incredibly how NCsoft can destroy the same game twice. How do they plan to compete with other games like WoW / FFXIV. Bugged ass instances, paid shop, P2W, low population...

Why couldnt they just made a paid sub and put in items that can help lelveling and cosmetic in shop? Well idk, everything just points to low dedication, does not care for its players, they don't even answer this dam forum apart from 1 guy once in a while...

This shit will die soon like the original bc NCsoft just think about its own damn pocket, and they are even more thoughtless that if they decided to make just a sub+cosmetic shop in the long run they would make more money. O well..

Get a job or gtfo, this is not long term even if it serves as stepping stone to long term imbalance and generally you know what, that doesn't matter anyway, brb gonna buy some candies and then i will tell you more how irrelevant that is, so you keep playing as cannon fodder and stop making fuss about it.

/currently every single player defending the current business model.

/s

1 hour ago, Enthused said:

Low population? You must play on Israphel. You can always reroll to high-pop Siel if you want to.

Well, several days ago it was OK, now isn't.

How long do you think Siel will be the "over-populated" server? It will soon turn into Israphel. 

But anyway, your reply is so bad, that I now understand what kind of players NcSoft cater to. 

With all the negativity I think servers will be okay for a year or so.

It is not that it's over,  just the online gaming business model had shifted a lot, milking playerbase apparently is normal at this point with people gladly throwing everything they can afford at it, it is like games just ended up shadowing real life until people wake up and realize it is over and start to complain going like "me as paying customer want this and that"  without realizing they been treated like addicts from very start and their opinion never meant anything to start with

I believed classic NA is so bad mainly because management.

Second reason is because people realized true nature of p2w games ,we experienced it enough. Aion by mechanics is very bad if you try to put p2w elements into it because PvP is essential of the game and being forced so everybody needs to participle in it if NC don't make PvP completely optional(Not affecting to you anyway including income in game). Then Aion will always fail.

I think a lot of people prefer to playing single player games more than online games now because they simply don't to deal with toxicity of online games.(Please imagine you walking in the street and some idiots keep doing insane/stupid things seeking attention without anyone policing ,yep that's nature of online games)

Freedom must come with responsibility.

I see p2w games no end soon no companies who tasted great money willing to go back to minor money. Neither whales will stop throwing money to bully someone for their own entertainment unless government regulated it. Perhaps there's no Cyberpunk 2077 only Cyberpunk 2021 you know high technology low life 😛

Thanks for discussing I love to comment once in a while :)

3 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Second reason is because people realized true nature of p2w games ,we experienced it enough. Aion by mechanics is very bad if you try to put p2w elements into it because PvP is essential of the game and being forced so everybody needs to participle in it if NC don't make PvP completely optional(Not affecting to you anyway including income in game). Then Aion will always fail.

I think a lot of people prefer to playing single player games more than online games now because they simply don't to deal with toxicity of online games.(Please imagine you walking in the street and some idiots keep doing insane/stupid things seeking attention without anyone policing ,yep that's nature of online games)

I see p2w games no end soon no companies who tasted great money willing to go back to minor money. Neither whales will stop throwing money to bully someone for their own entertainment unless government regulated it. Perhaps there's no Cyberpunk 2077 only Cyberpunk 2021 you know high technology low life 😛

There are a lot of retro single player games if you want to escape all that..try horizon zero dawn, nier:automata , rimworld, they are billions, until we die, oh and divinity original sin2 was a blast for me.

You pay once and that's it..even with gacha games arknights are fine if you enjoy tower defense, rest is just cash grab.

Forcing yourself to play for nostalgia when you see what Aion has became, it is just making you frustrated over something what will never come back the way it used to be.

Well I don't have a high hope for big companies to adapt there're too many conditions requirement and demands for them to create a new thing.

Someone will eventually inventing new type of games that acceptable for most people but the principle of that game must be fun before win. It must not be about getting stronger or getting rewards but just fun where everyone can have not certain players who paid more.

Developers must create the game out of love not greed. If you doing something out of greed it will always fail no matter what. I really don't know what CEO of NC wanna make so much money for ? Grand house ? Grand funeral ? Grand museum ? I never see anything you get from money will give you anything good to you. Hiring someone to be your servant ? You will never get their loyalty. Buy your spouse ? You will never get their love to you only to your money.

But yep money is essential for living but it does not bring you happiness or make anyone care for you.(You can keep telling yourself luxury house ,computer ,phone ,clothes are your happiness but those means nothing if nobody care for you or anyone you care for)

I don't change anyone mind if they want or don't want to play Aion as long as you happy to do what you doing and it doesn't ruin your life or anyone else. Go for it.

Thank you for reading when I speak out what is on my mind it made me calm 😊😄❤️

47 minutes ago, Elpy said:

Forcing yourself to play for nostalgia when you see what Aion has became, it is just making you frustrated over something what will never come back the way it used to be.

^Yes, this.   Seems that the majority of online games these days are either F2P or  work off of one-time purchase fees, then follow with micro-transactions that don't affect gameplay, and this business model appears to work for just about everybody without driving players away.  (NC, I know you haven't taken  a hint in the past 12 years, but that's a big hint right there.)  FWIW, I installed Aion Classic and re-installed Aion both in the past week, and uninstalled both yesterday - Aion just isn't the same game at all, and Classic has the worst business model I've seen in years.   I really want to like Classic, I want to play it, and honestly, I can easily afford it, but under this business model, I just can't bring myself to do it.

PS Since you can't tell from my forum signature anymore, I'm an old "Settler of Aion" who played since beta in 2009.

Lol both Israphel and Siel feel dead as heck at night times. Especially Israphel.

Classic seems to be littered with mostly static groups already. I see people struggling to find full groups already for important quests to level up.

People who say both servers are "populated" truly underestimate how many bots are being created each day. You don't understand the botters' determination. Not to mention, a lot of the mass candy buyers are seen running around with a group of bots leveling with them. You don't even see the number of bots on classic because not all of them are gold sellers. A portion of them are just cheaters.

3 hours ago, Tajah-DN said:

^Yes, this.   Seems that the majority of online games these days are either F2P or  work off of one-time purchase fees, then follow with micro-transactions that don't affect gameplay, and this business model appears to work for just about everybody without driving players away.  (NC, I know you haven't taken  a hint in the past 12 years, but that's a big hint right there.)  FWIW, I installed Aion Classic and re-installed Aion both in the past week, and uninstalled both yesterday - Aion just isn't the same game at all, and Classic has the worst business model I've seen in years.   I really want to like Classic, I want to play it, and honestly, I can easily afford it, but under this business model, I just can't bring myself to do it.

PS Since you can't tell from my forum signature anymore, I'm an old "Settler of Aion" who played since beta in 2009.

Yay, played it since Chinese beta o/

This is not it anymore, just people throwing their money away while reasoning why it is absolutely no big deal just to gain advantage and trying to tell everyone including themselves it's fine.

Actually this cash shop isn't really that bad right now, but if they add more that isn't just 100% cosmetics than we'll have a problem. I'll have no problem uninstalling and being done with it. Anyway playing a Korean game is like picking your poison when it comes to gaming if you think Lost Ark is going to be any better sorry buttercup but it's going to have everything this one has plus more.

6 minutes ago, Heldricht said:

Actually this cash shop isn't really that bad right now, but if they add more that isn't just 100% cosmetics than we'll have a problem. I'll have no problem uninstalling and being done with it. Anyway playing a Korean game is like picking your poison when it comes to gaming if you think Lost Ark is going to be any better sorry buttercup but it's going to have everything this one has plus more.

Yay, so let us pick the lesser of two evils, because that is how we are supposed to have fun.

Come on man, that's just not the way you should think.

5 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Since the 1st launch of Aion, NC refused to make a PvE server, where the only pvp would be in Reshanta sieges, Arena and Dredgion. If you look at Wow or FFXIV which has PvE servers, there are enough players that enjoy it and hang out with other player online and do stuff together like instances and some quests. If NC never tried a PvE server like wow for example they won't know if would work. If they had it since launch, people from Wow might have took a peak and played Aion instead
They should know it works, they have Guild Wars and Blade&Soul, where it worked

1 hour ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Since the 1st launch of Aion, NC refused to make a PvE server, where the only pvp would be in Reshanta sieges, Arena and Dredgion. If you look at Wow or FFXIV which has PvE servers, there are enough players that enjoy it and hang out with other player online and do stuff together like instances and some quests. If NC never tried a PvE server like wow for example they won't know if would work. If they had it since launch, people from Wow might have took a peak and played Aion instead
They should know it works, they have Guild Wars and Blade&Soul, where it worked

They made PVE only zones with retail, even had fast track servers with no rifting, and they were widely unpopular with the community. This game and community is very much PVP centric, if you want more PVE focus, there are plenty of other games for it, or just stick to Vert/Theo. 

I understand the reason why they don't make PvE server or why they removing safe zones in later patch. They think it will make everyone pvp and they can sell more enchantment(p2w) from shop. But sorry people don't want to be force to do something they don't like they even choose death instead of living for ideology in RL. So why would a merely video game can force them stay if they don't want at all ?

It's same thing why people defending something completely illogical and clearly wrong. They will never listen opposite to their believes. They would rather choose death than being denounce what they believed. When the fact goes against them they will simply say don't want to talk about it or said they move on. But they never give up their ideology only waiting the right time to resurface again.

@Elpy the thing is not getting a job. I mean if you gonna ball money into a game to enjoy yourself, by all means go for it. I am not talking about the paid sub, I agree that games should have sub for us to help the game continue. Now if you inject a cash load of money to quit in a short term, IMO you are just stupid, specially for this low support game, which is a big damn shame, AION had great a great potential.

19 hours ago, Elpy said:

This should be posted to any complaint post about Aion Classic ever.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Servers are still full enough because of nostalgia and because everyone is still not end game yet.

Many are playing only because they paid the month or 3 months in advance, so they are playing more because of compromise. Not to mention that many have already said that they will stop playing it when they run out or Lost Ark comes out.

I don't understand how other people can say that the game has a decent amount of players, when half of those are bots and the other half are players who have strongly expressed that they will leave for sure. but hey let's not break their bubble that this is the best game with the best purchase system in the world, be careful WoW and FF14 they are coming for you...

On 7/8/2021 at 7:53 PM, Nalariel-KT said:

I understand the reason why they don't make PvE server or why they removing safe zones in later patch. They think it will make everyone pvp and they can sell more enchantment(p2w) from shop. But sorry people don't want to be force to do something they don't like they even choose death instead of living for ideology in RL. So why would a merely video game can force them stay if they don't want at all ?

It's same thing why people defending something completely illogical and clearly wrong. They will never listen opposite to their believes. They would rather choose death than being denounce what they believed. When the fact goes against them they will simply say don't want to talk about it or said they move on. But they never give up their ideology only waiting the right time to resurface again.

What page are those enchantments on?  I was looking the other day, and I didn't see them, were they added with the t-shirts?

The problem is, "inventory space is P2W", and "cosmetic costumes are P2W" and "offering either is predatory".  You can find all of these arguments in the GW 2 forums.  Meanwhile, in Rappelz, if you want to have end game gear that allows you to compete, get your wallet out, and prepare to spend thousands.  The items to ensure you get your enchantments done are exclusively on the cash shop, or in the broker equivalent, since they're tradable.    If you don't spend that money, you're not getting that gear, because a failed enchantment breaks the gear, where it can't be used, and the item to repair it is also a cash shop exclusive.  Meanwhile, enchanting here is low risk.  Yeah, you can lose all the stones you've got on an item, but you can still use the gear, all w/out touching your wallet.

Some of us are very familiar with actual P2W, so when we see all the hooplah here about it, it's mildly annoying, and amusing, at the same time, because if ya'll ever found yourselves in an actual P2W game, you'd probably have a stroke, and require medical attention.

You know this situation is like someone yelling watch out there's an axe coming and someone looking around the ground and said I don't find an axe anywhere while everybody gets down and that misfortune get chop in the head.

You can't even do critical thinking ,you choose only things that benefit your ideology and speak it out.
You bring the concept of "lesser evil" you don't know where is this heading right ? This is how the cooperation making everybody accepting p2w is normal thing. Soon everybody will be completely ok with paying 100$ a month on a game because everybody do it.

People like you can be easily to manipulate because you don't think and always choose lazy solution.
But then again if you never care about anybody why should anyone care about you ?

12 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

What page are those enchantments on?  I was looking the other day, and I didn't see them, were they added with the t-shirts?

The problem is, "inventory space is P2W", and "cosmetic costumes are P2W" and "offering either is predatory".  You can find all of these arguments in the GW 2 forums.  Meanwhile, in Rappelz, if you want to have end game gear that allows you to compete, get your wallet out, and prepare to spend thousands.  The items to ensure you get your enchantments done are exclusively on the cash shop, or in the broker equivalent, since they're tradable.    If you don't spend that money, you're not getting that gear, because a failed enchantment breaks the gear, where it can't be used, and the item to repair it is also a cash shop exclusive.  Meanwhile, enchanting here is low risk.  Yeah, you can lose all the stones you've got on an item, but you can still use the gear, all w/out touching your wallet.

Some of us are very familiar with actual P2W, so when we see all the hooplah here about it, it's mildly annoying, and amusing, at the same time, because if ya'll ever found yourselves in an actual P2W game, you'd probably have a stroke, and require medical attention.

"Aion Classic isn't as P2W as other games; therefore, it's not a big deal. Here, look at Rappelz, a game nobody plays, it's very P2W"

Every bad game is P2W. Nobody plays that shit. You'll argue that the P2W in Aion Classic isn't bad because you can't buy the best gear, but to get the end-game gear, you need to grind AP. To get AP, you need to PvP/protect yourself from being PvPed while you PvE. You won't do that in Fire Temple blue gear when you're facing a person in max enchanted, best manastones, 46 Platinum Coin gear in the first week. The gear gap from a P2W player and a sub only player will widen so far, the non-P2W can't compete. It's still P2W.

You'll continue to defend P2W because you're the type of beta cuck who plays games like Rappelz and other rubbish games.

37 minutes ago, 5s17B0E7 said:

"Aion Classic isn't as P2W as other games; therefore, it's not a big deal. Here, look at Rappelz, a game nobody plays, it's very P2W"

Every bad game is P2W. Nobody plays that shit. You'll argue that the P2W in Aion Classic isn't bad because you can't buy the best gear, but to get the end-game gear, you need to grind AP. To get AP, you need to PvP/protect yourself from being PvPed while you PvE. You won't do that in Fire Temple blue gear when you're facing a person in max enchanted, best manastones, 46 Platinum Coin gear in the first week. The gear gap from a P2W player and a sub only player will widen so far, the non-P2W can't compete. It's still P2W.

You'll continue to defend P2W because you're the type of beta cuck who plays games like Rappelz and other rubbish games.

It really depends on your opinion on P2W.....some people see pay to win to be anything that gives a boost that saves time in-game P2W, others say it's anything that effects PVP balance like you mention here, others say it's paying to receive things that aren't attainable through playing in-game.

So to you this additional Kinah and coins provided may be pay to win, but to others they may see it as a time saver boost. Will it effect PVP? Yes, in the short term people who bought a premium pass will have more money and better gear...but will others be able to catch up eventually?? I don't see why not.

Archived