Regarding AP-Trading

Arctic

On 8/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, Alvie said:

80% of the posts on this topic are clueless about the" in-game mechanism" that is being exploited, that's why they talk about the rules being broken, and not about the problem itself.

Not unusual for social media forums.

Girl, wake up.

This is aion, not a banking system. Even in real life, its currency inbalances that make investment worth it, without it, economy stops to a halt.

Aion is a pvp game, and kind of balance you wish for, would only cause an absolute inbalance as you would have whales zerging mad on lower gear players because they nearly nothing to loose and a lot to win.

If you think, they payed for that gear and those advantages so they deserve, get over it, the system is made so that slower paced or mild investors or even free to play people dont quit after a week of getting zerged all day long. With the current system, higher ranked players will think twice before going in an orgasmic feed on lower geared.

Seems to me, you whaled your way and are just afraid to loose your payed ap.

So, i will end the way i started, wake up, ap-trading is wrong, and the system you wish for, would only cause the total disruption of aion.

Cheers.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Waranger said:

Aion is a pvp game...

Check your facts before such general claims.

The evidence says otherwise.

Most players spend their time doing PvE activities.

That may change slightly when they introduce PvP instances in a later patch, in which case I expect more uproar about some people having better PvP gear than others, blaming it on kill trading.

1 hour ago, Alvie said:

That may change slightly when they introduce PvP instances in a later patch, in which case I expect more uproar about some people having better PvP gear than others, blaming it on kill trading.

People actually enjoy pve content here? pvp is the real deal. 

19 minutes ago, Yoda said:

People actually enjoy pve content here? pvp is the real deal. 

It's pretty obvious that people are enjoying the PvE content, because that's what the are spending their game time doing.

Even when PvP instances come out, most people will prefer to work on Fenris/Miragent than 50e.

TBH most wanted Aion Classic for the PVP due to them messing live server patches so badly, yes players have to do PVE but most joined Aion Classic for the PVP and what Aion was like when Aion was released back in 2009. 

I think players that want PVE are the ones crying due to the PVP, and that's what most of the issues was in Aion when it was released so many PVE players cried day after day about being killed. 

It was at this point NCsoft started making patches that was only for PVE players and forgot about the PVP players and then so many players left Aion. 

Large mistakes where made back in the day towards PVP players due to PVE players crying all day on forums I remember it well, and the patches that killed Aion and how it was meant to be played Aion after all is a PVP / PVE game but back in the day it did not seem that way. 

28 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

TBH most wanted Aion Classic for the PVP due to them messing live server patches so badly, yes players have to do PVE but most joined Aion Classic for the PVP and what Aion was like when Aion was released back in 2009. 

Sounds like wishful thinking.

The evidence is not there to support your claims.

Most Aion Classic players are spending over 99% of their online time in PvE activities. They may be working on AP gear, but they are doing it via PvE.

Going to drop this here and ghost. @Alvie you are a clown. Aion a pve game? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yeah, we have some great, jaw dropping pve mechanics in Aion! You know, the literally 95% of bosses right now are literally a copy paste of non-elite mobs. They do the same rotation of skills and are just a tank and spank. I love pve.

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

Most Aion Classic players are spending over 99% of their online time in PvE activities. They may be working on AP gear, but they are doing it via PvE.

I feel you aren’t even 50 or just trolling at this point..

I agree with Alvie.

Most people playing right now are spending most of their time doing PvE, and there is no way anyone can deny that. On Siel, the upper abyss very rarely has any meaningful pvp going on. People would much rather spam DC/Adma/SR or grind fort guards/repeatables, than fly around the abyss for an hour and never find any good pvp (if you are an asmo) or fly away from a fort and instantly get griefed by 10 asmos (if you are an elyos). 

So yes, while this game is marketed by its player base as a pvp game and perhaps on some level that is true to an extent, most players spend a majority of their time PvEing for gear and only a fraction of that time actually PvPing, and this is partly due to the boring patch we have currently. 

3 hours ago, Alvie said:

But the  evidence is there go back to when Aion released and take a look at what went on, if NCsoft do anything to change anything for PVE players and do what they did to PVP now Aion Classic is dead before it even starts. 

Maybe right now there is more PVE going on after all players do have to gear, but TBH maps atm are full of asmos and Ely all you have to do is look at LGF for the loc lol

9 hours ago, Alvie said:

It's pretty obvious that people are enjoying the PvE content, because that's what the are spending their game time doing.

Even when PvP instances come out, most people will prefer to work on Fenris/Miragent than 50e.

Just because people are spending time PvE'ing doesn't mean they are enjoying it.  Ppl are still tryna get gear or do loot right runs to maintain a stable kinah income.

And of course people will work on their Fenris/Miragents because it's more obtainable than 50e.

34 minutes ago, Odow said:

Where the " regarding 1.5 update" thread, people are leaving more and more because they are bored to death, we're down to 9% server capacity on israphel.

People that are bored to death only have their self's to blame, everyone knew it was launching at 1.2 content, and yet people rushed to 50. 

NC probably have the patches road mapped - every 3 - 4 months, which even that can almost sound too soon for content patches. But because people rushed to max level and current end game now its NC's fault? everyone is just being super whiney and stamping their feet demanding crap like a bunch of entitled children. (ie the Aion community)

4 minutes ago, Fappachino said:

Just because people are spending time PvE'ing doesn't mean they are enjoying it.  Ppl are still tryna get gear or do loot right runs to maintain a stable kinah income.

And of course people will work on their Fenris/Miragents because it's more obtainable than 50e.

Almost all day, with the exception of the occasional siege 35min, there are several times more L50s in Theo than there are in Reshanta. Let alone the other maps. You can check it for yourself any time.

1 hour ago, Alvie said:

Almost all day, with the exception of the occasional siege 35min, there are several times more L50s in Theo than there are in Reshanta. Let alone the other maps. You can check it for yourself any time.

maybe you spend all your time in Theo

6 hours ago, Inbread said:

I agree with Alvie.

Most people playing right now are spending most of their time doing PvE, and there is no way anyone can deny that. On Siel, the upper abyss very rarely has any meaningful pvp going on. People would much rather spam DC/Adma/SR or grind fort guards/repeatables, than fly around the abyss for an hour and never find any good pvp (if you are an asmo) or fly away from a fort and instantly get griefed by 10 asmos (if you are an elyos). 

So yes, while this game is marketed by its player base as a pvp game and perhaps on some level that is true to an extent, most players spend a majority of their time PvEing for gear and only a fraction of that time actually PvPing, and this is partly due to the boring patch we have currently. 

unfortunately you need to PvE to be able to do any PvP as certain classes as i'm sure you know.

people just AP trade now as the faction imbalance has put a lot of people off of even entering the abyss or attempting to pvp in other areas

13 minutes ago, 1s31CD47 said:

unfortunately you need to PvE to be able to do any PvP as certain classes as i'm sure you know.

people just AP trade now as the faction imbalance has put a lot of people off of even entering the abyss or attempting to pvp in other areas

I don't AP trade, and make about 10k AP per day from PvE. I do attend sieges on IS, just to farm towers for medals.

20 hours ago, Alvie said:

i Really dont know where you get your "facts" from, but atleast you stopped with that destructive notion of AP calculations.

True, many prefer PvE content, in the servers i played all those years, Elyos were big on PvE, but probably those were the circles you were playing in as well, and, specially until they killed Katalam, reshanta and Tiamaranta, most people were working hard to get the gear to get involved in the PvP content those places were about.

Aion IS a PvP game, that's the whole point of having 2 oposing factions. Even if many players choose PvE, that is indeed a FACT you cannot deny. Or maybe... you can. You seem to be on denial about many things.

Look, i respect that you are trying to give input with your ideias to the community, but dont try to force them, you believe you are right, that doesnt mean you are.

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Ceooek-KT said:

Solution to AP trading is to put a cap on the AP you can earn in a week to 100k or something reasonable.

That won't stop kill trading, but it would certainly help level the playing field in the race to acquire AP gear.

13 hours ago, Alvie said:

I don't AP trade, and make about 10k AP per day from PvE. I do attend sieges on IS, just to farm towers for medals.

Easier when you are IS-E and have core for you all day. IS-A can't even go to uppers because of radar hacks detecting you wherever you go.

But I agree with your posts in most parts. The AP system is not perfect, but was like this since 2009. NC back in the time did something with traders. NC now just let the problem roll unabated.

With upcoming 1.5 the problem will be even worse if not addressed. 99% of IS-A dredgs will be AFK because the opposite team will be full 40e or 50e geared IS-E that farmed/traded AP in current patch. 

NC has a HUGE blame on this.  First letting faction imbalances. Second letting hackers/bots. And finally letting people AP trade. 

And it's why most people prefer PvE than PvP.

17 minutes ago, Aaabatery said:

Easier when you are IS-E and have core for you all day. IS-A can't even go to uppers because of radar hacks detecting you wherever you go.

But I agree with your posts in most parts. The AP system is not perfect, but was like this since 2009. NC back in the time did something with traders. NC now just let the problem roll unabated.

With upcoming 1.5 the problem will be even worse if not addressed. 99% of IS-A dredgs will be AFK because the opposite team will be full 40e or 50e geared IS-E that farmed/traded AP in current patch. 

NC has a HUGE blame on this.  First letting faction imbalances. Second letting hackers/bots. And finally letting people AP trade. 

And it's why most people prefer PvE than PvP.

You can't trade AP with your own faction - if IS-E isn't AP trading with IS-A players, then they're not trading at all.

Archived